• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,838 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,838

Chapter 21: A Day With Rarity

Austin flew over to Rarity’s boutique and landed on the ground. He changed back to his normal self. He knocked at the door, but didn’t hear anyone. He knocked again, then he heard a female voice.

“Just a minute.” The voice said in a singing tone.

Just then, he heard hoof steps and the door opened. Rarity was at the door, and she smiled at Austin when she saw him.

“Good morning Austin.” Rarity said happily.

“Morning Rarity,” Austin sighed. “May I come in?”

“Of course darling, come in, come in.” Rarity said as she moved aside.

“Thank you.” Austin said as he went inside and sat on a chair nearby.

“Would you like some tea or something dear?”

“Maybe some water please.”

“Of course, be back in a minute.”

Rarity went into the kitchen area to get some water for Austin. Austin held his head as a slight headache suddenly appeared. Rarity came back to Austin with a glass of water. She handed it to Austin with her magic.

“Thank you Rarity.” Austin said as he grab the glass of water and drank it.

“No problem darling. You look a bit stressed, what’s going on?”

Austin stopped drinking and placed the glass on the floor and sighed.

“Everything has been going wrong today. I was trying to bake some cakes with pinkie, but I ended up transforming into a wolf and attacked her. Then Applejack offered me to come hang out at Sweet Apple Acres and help with making apple cider, but I ended up transforming again into a robotic hedgehog and burned down her apple trees. After that, Rainbow Dash said that a race would help if I was stressed, but it didn’t help. So we went for a little fly and next thing I know, she left. And now I’m here.”

“Wow… that’s a lot to take in. Did you do this yourself? Like hurting Pinkie and burning down Applejack’s trees?” Rarity questioned Austin.

“No, it feels like… someone is controlling me. Like I’m not there when these events occur, you know?”

“Huh, how strange… did you speak to Twilight today? Maybe she’ll know what to do.”

“No. I’ve been busy with everyone and making a mess in the process.” Austin sighed and slumped over.

“Now now darling, don’t get upset. I’m sure what happened today was just a big accident.”

“Yeah… I guess…” Austin sighed.

“Hmm… tell you what. Maybe you can help me with a dress I’m making.

“Really? You want me to help you? Even after I told you about what happened?”

“Of course. Your my friend. And I want to help you as best as I can.”

“Heh, thanks Rarity.” Austin smiled a bit.

“No problem. Now, let’s go.” Rarity gestured him to follow her.

They both went into a room filled with fabrics of all colors, a sewing machine and pony like mannequins. Austin saw a mannequin with a dress on it. It was a long white dress with little diamonds at the front and on the sides. But only half of the sides were done.

“I’m putting the last final touches on this. Would be a dear and help with selecting the diamonds you think would be great on the dress?” Rarity asked.

“Uh, sure.”

“Great! I’ll be here doing some work on the dress. It’s not yet complete and I want it to look absolutely gorgeous.”

“Okay.”

“The diamonds are in that box by the dress.” Rarity pointed at the box.

Austin went to the box and grab it. He went away from the dress, making sure he doesn’t screw anything up again. He looked in the box and saw all the shiny diamonds. Austin looked at them as they shined in his eyes. He picked one up and examined it. It looked like it was in perfect condition, so he placed it on his side. He examined another, and another, and another until he thought was enough. He went over to Rarity and handed her the diamonds. She examined every single one of them.

“Hmm, too small. This one is too big. This one is not shiny enough. This one is too shiny. This one has a small crack. This one is dirty.” She said as she looks at them.

Two handful of diamonds and only a few seemed perfect for her eyes.

“Wow, you look like you know your diamonds huh.” Austin said.

“Of course darling. It’s what my cutie mark is all about.” Rarity said.

Austin looked at the side of her flank and saw three light blue diamonds.

“Not only that, but other gems as well that would look gorgeous on my dresses.”

“Wow. That’s pretty cool.”

“Thank you,” Rarity smiled. “Now I’m almost done with this dress. It took me all week to prepare this for a special pony.”

“Who’s that?” Austin asked.

“You’ll just have to wait to see,” Rarity winked. “Can you find me more diamonds please.”

“Sure.”

Austin went back to the box of diamonds and looked at each one. Inside of Austin’s mind, Shadow Austin was watching and had an evil idea.

“aww, you worked all week for a special pony,” Shadow Austin gaged. “well it would be a shame if something were to… happen to it. Shadow Austin laughed evilly as red strings came out of his hands.

As Austin was examining the diamonds, a sharp pain hit him on the head, making him drop the diamonds on the floor. Rarity saw Austin in pain and went to him in worry.

“Austin! Are you alright darling?” Rarity said worriedly.

“Ahh! No… it’s happening again!” Austin said as he held his head in pain.

“What’s happening again?!”

“The feeling that something is controlling me! Rarity, you better run while you still can. I don’t want to hurt you!”

Then the black fog appeared and swallowed Austin. The black fog fades and Rarity saw a jester. The jester laughed as he floated in the air.

“Chaos! Chaos! I can do anything!” The jester said.

It looked at the dress and snapped it’s fingers. The dress transformed into a bunch of doves. Rarity gasped and small tears ran down her face. The jester kept laughing.

“The day of reckoning is about to begin, begin! All of you will bow to me, me!” The jester kept laughing and suddenly vanished in the air.

Rarity looked at the now empty mannequin. She wanted to cry about it, but their were something big about to happen.

“I have to speak to Twi about this and see what’s wrong with Austin. I’ll worry about my dress later, but for now, I’m worried about what he said.”

And with that, Rarity ran out of her Boutique and headed towards Twilight’s Castle.

To Be Continued…