• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,798 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,798

Chapter 9: Trouble in Ponyville

It was a bright, sunny day in Equestria and ponies doing their regular things, but something is going on at Canterlot. On the Train station Austin, Celestia, Luna and Wingding is waiting for the train.

“Are you sure you can get to Ponyville by yourself? Maybe I can get a guard or two to come with you and keep you safe or maybe-“ Celestia was speaking in a fast and worried tone, but she was interrupted by a little hug from Austin.

“I’ll be fine,” Austin reassured Celestia. “besides I have Wingding w-with me and I’ll only be gone for a few hours.”

“I know sweetheart, but Ponyville has a very scary forest and dangerous creatures, I don’t you to get hurt or worse.” Celestia said to Austin sounding worried.

“Well he did defeat Chrysalis, the queen of Changelings and she was strong enough to hit you on the ground with one powerful blast. Since Austin beat Chrysalis, I’m sure he will be fine with some forest creatures.” Wingding said to Celestia.

“I guess your right, he did beat one of the powerful species with one hit from that robotic bird.” Celestia said to Wingding.

“I’m sure we won’t get that same action since we are only g-going for a tour around Ponyville, Twilight’s castle and her school.” Austin said to Celestia happily.

“I know, but sometimes Ponyville can be a little... unpredictable.” Celestia said to the two.

“Well if something d-does happen, I’ll help solve the problem!” Austin said confidently.

“I know you will my little hero.” Celestia said to Austin with a giggle and stroking his hair back and forth.

The four heard a train horn coming their way and the train was visible for them. The train stopped at the station and a pony came out.

“ALL ABOARD THE FRIENDSHIP EXPRESS!” The pony yelled.

“Well this is your stop. be safe, the both of you.” Celestia said to Austin and Wingding.

“Don’t forget to have fun.” Luna said to them happily.

“We will. I love you mommas.” Austin said as he hugged both of them.

“We love you too Austin.” the two said in unison as they broke the hug.

Austin and Wingding walked to the pony to give them their tickets.

“Thank you, come on aboard.” the pony said to the two.

Austin and Wingding waved at the princess goodbye, the train doors closed and began moving. As the train was almost out of sight, Luna looked at Celestia with a happy smile on her face.

“I’m so happy that Austin is calling both of us moms.” Luna said happily to Celestia.

“Me to sister, it surprised me that Austin wanted to call me mom so fast.” Celestia said to Luna.

“Well maybe when he heard your story, he felted sad that you didn’t become a mom, he felted like he wanted to make you happy and not sad.” Luna said to Celestia.

“Maybe... but I don’t want Austin to call me momma if he is going to feel sad about his parents.” Celestia said to Luna as she lowered her head sadly.

“I’m sure he will be fine, besides you do baby him a lot so it makes sense.” Luna said to Celestia.

“I do not baby him!” Celestia said to Luna with a dishonest tone.

“Ohh yes you do.” Luna said with a friendly smirk.

“Okay maybe I do, but only because I want to keep him safe.” Celestia said to Luna.

“And you are going a good job with that, but he has to do what he wants too.” Luna said to Celestia.

“Your right Lulu. You are right.” Celestia said as she looked at the train, now out of her sight.

Austin looked out of the window and saw the beautiful land filled with grass, trees and wildlife.

It’s just like Earth but more cleaner and peaceful. Austin thought to himself.

“I agree with you Austin, it is cleaner and more peaceful than Earth.” Wingding said to Austin.

“Huh? How did y-you... oh right you are connected t-to my body and can read my thoughts too.” Austin said to Wingding.

“Indeed Austin, I can read your thoughts.” Wingding said to Austin. Austin looked at Wingding and he noticed something was bothering him.

“Are you o-okay Wings?” Austin asked worriedly to Wingding.

“Yeah.” Wingding said, not looking at Austin.

“You don’t sound o-okay. Come o-on tell me.” Austin begged.

“Very well, I heard your conversation last night and I’m... not sure if I should be shocked, disappointed or I knew you were going to call Celestia that.” Wingding said with a big sigh.

“Oh you heard that... Wings you heard and possibly saw that she was sad t-to not be a mom. I wanted to cheer her up and she also felt like my mommy too... t-the way she hugs me, talks to me, keeps me safe... it reminds me of her.” Austin said to Wingding with his head lowered, looking at the floor.

“I understand what you are saying Austin, but I feel like you are... going too fast to be with these ponies. We only been here for a week and a half and your calling Celestia and Luna mom.” Wingding said with a confused tone.

“I know Wings... m-maybe I am going too fast, but they make me feel like family the second I came h-here and I am happy that they care for me.” Austin said to Wingding.

“Indeed, but I just find it surprising that you are calling them mom.” Wingding said to Austin.

“Yeah... if you want I can stop calling them mom.” Austin said to Wingding sadly.

“No no if you feel comfortable saying it then be my guest, but please don’t replace your old family.” Wingding said to Austin.

“I would never replace them! Sure I have the princesses, Twilight a-and her friends, but they can never r-replace my mom and dad. I don’t know if they are gone or not but they still love me and they will be with me... always.” Austin said while holding his chest near his heart area.

“Wow for a 9 year old you sure make a good speech.” Wingding said with a surprised face.

“Well I learned i-it from the best.” Austin said with a smile.

They both looked out the window to see the beautiful land again. Wingding then turned back at the child and put a hand on his shoulder.

“I may be the only remainder of your family, but as long as you don’t give up for them, you can do anything.” Wingding said with a smile.

“Thanks Wings... I w-will, for them.” Austin said with a single tear falling off his face.

Anytime, now lets get ready, I can see the village up ahead.” Wingding said as he pointed to a village in the horizon. Austin looked out of the window and saw the small village. The houses looked wooden with overhanging roofs and noticed a big town hall in the middle. Austin awed at the village.

“Wow this is a-a very nice looking village. It’s not like Canterlot w-with the fancy buildings, but it’s still cool.” Austin said to Wingding.

“Indeed, these building are quite basic but it make it special as well.” Wingding said to Austin. Austin nodded in agreement.

As they were looking at the village, they are unaware of the dangers that will happen upon their arrival.


“Up a little bit, no go down a smidge, now it looks uneven.” Twilight instructed a Pegasus holding a banter with its hooves.

“Hello darling how is things coming?” Rarity asked Twilight.

“Oh hi Rarity, it’s going good. I’m trying to make this welcome to Ponyville event for Austin perfect and I want everything to be it’s absolute best.” Twilight said happily.

“Well you are doing a splendid job darling. I’m sure Austin will love it.” Rarity said as she looked around, seeing balloons, streamers and other things around the Ponyville town hall.

“I hope so, I know some of the ponies here went to the party, but the others however didn’t go and I’m a bit nervous that they may have some other feelings to him.” Twilight said nervously.

“Twilight darling, we known these ponies for a while now and they are friendly towards others, even if they are not ponies.” Rarity said as she put a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder.

“Your right. Thank you Rarity.” Twilight said happily. “Are the others done preparing?” Twilight asked Rarity.

“Yep they are coming over here right now in fact.” Rarity said a she pointed her hoof behind Twilight.

Twilight looked behind her and saw Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Spike, Starlight, Tempest and Grubber walking towards the two.

“The decorations are now finished.” Rainbow Dash said to Twilight.

“Thank you all for helping out, this will surprise Austin for sure.” Twilight said happily.

“Anytime Twi, ah’m sure Austin will love Ponyville.” Applejack said to Twilight.

“I hope so Applejack.” Twilight said to Applejack still nervous.

“It will be fine Twilight,” Spike reassured Twilight. “Should we wait for them at the train station?”

“Thank you Spike and we will soon, we just need every pony to go to the town hall and we can go get them.” Twilight said to the group.

“I already got Sweetie Belle on that, she should be finishing up with the other ponies.” Rarity said to Twilight.

“Perfect then we have time to head to the station and bring them to their surprise. Let’s head up there now.” Twilight said happily.

As they were going to go to the train station, they noticed something running towards them. They saw three skeletons, one holding something but didn’t know what and the other skeleton holding the third skeleton.

“RUN!! ITS THE URSA MINOR AND URSA MAJOR!!” One of the skeletons said before running pass the group.

The group looked at the running skeletons confusedly, but then they turned their attention back to the road and noticed the Ursa Minor and Ursa Major running towards the village. The group gasped as the bears kept running.

“I-it’s the...” Fluttershy started shyly.

“Ursa Minor and Ursa Major.” Twilight finished the sentence with a gulp and her ears dropped.

“If they keep up that pace, they are going to trample Ponyville!” Starlight said worriedly.

“We got to stop them before they destroy Ponyville!” Twilight said to the group. They all nodded in agreement.

The group then ran towards the giant bears, hoping to stop the bears in their tracks. When they were close enough to them, the bears slowed their pace and stopped near the group with anger in their eyes.

“Fluttershy can you go up to them and see what is making them upset?” Twilight asked Fluttershy.

“M-me? Well... Um I can try.” Fluttershy said shyly.

Fluttershy started to flap her wings and flew towards the bears. The bears noticed Fluttershy coming near them and started to growl. Fluttershy hesitated, but then proceeded to approach the bears and got to the center of the bears. She then started to speak to the bears.

“Um... hi Ursa M-Minor, Ursa M-M-Major, could you um... return back to your home and not trample Ponyville... please?” Fluttershy gently asked the bears.

The Ursa Major roared at Fluttershy, causing her to jump and made a eep sound. She then returned back to her friends and hid behind them, shaking like a filly.

“T-that didn’t work at all...” Fluttershy said quietly.

“Didn’t you put the Ursa Minor to sleep when Trixie made it upset?” Rarity asked Twilight.

“Yes but they look more mad then tired.” Twilight said nervously.

“Well mad or tired, I’m going to beat the flank off these bears!” Rainbow Dash said as she was about to charge the bears, but was stopped by Applejack as she gripped her tail with her teeth.

“Ah don’t think it would be wise if you make them more mad Dash.” Applejack said to Rainbow Dash through her teeth.

“AJ is right, fighting them will only make them more angry and they could hurt you and every pony around.” Twilight said to Rainbow.

“Then what can we do Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked Twilight.

Twilight thought for a minute, but she couldn’t think of anything at the moment. She then had an idea.

“We should keep them away from Ponyville and the ponies.” Twilight said to the group.

“Right!” The rest said.

As they turn back to the bears, they were slowly getting closer to them. Some of them were intimidated by the size of the Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, but they others were not. As they are about to defend their town, a filly was running towards the group and into the danger zone.

“Rarity, I have gathered the ponies to the town hall like you asked me to!” The voice squeaked out to the group, not noticing the bears.

“Sweetie Belle-“ Rarity said before the Ursa Minor and Ursa Major roared loudly.

The Ursa Major was annoyed by the squeaky voice and decided to make the first attack. The Ursa Major swiped at the ponies and all of them dodge it, except Sweetie Belle. The Ursa Major had Sweetie Belle on its paws and made a fist to trap her. She had her head out of the fist, but she couldn’t move a muscle.

“HELP!!” Sweetie yelled out for help.

“Hold on Sweetie Belle, we’re coming!” Rarity said in a scared tone.

Many ponies heard the roaring and screaming that they decided to see what was happening. As they approached the noise, they saw the main 6 facing the Constellations. They heard the screaming coming from the bears and notice that Sweetie Belle was trapped by the bears grip. Some decided to help the main 6 out, while some ran away from the bears and hid in the town hall.

“Can we be any help?” Some of the ponies asked the group.

“Yeah. We need the Pegasus to distract the Ursas and I will bring Sweetie Belle to safety.” Twilight said to the ponies. They nodded in agreement and the Pegasus, including Rainbow Dash started to distract the Ursas.


The train then made a stop at a small wooden train station. As the doors opened, Wingding and Austin got up from their seats and left the train.

“Have a good day you too.” the pony said to them.

The train then started to depart the station and left the two on the quiet train station.

“Umm should we w-wait here until someone comes or...” Austin said to Wingding.

“I’m not to sure, maybe we should wait here until some-“ Wingding said before he was interrupted by a loud roar.

“What on Earth w-was that?!” Austin said nervously.

“I’m not sure, but It didn’t sound friendly.” Wingding said before leaving the train station and Austin following behind.

As they both got to the ground near Ponyville, they saw two huge bears with night sky fur. They saw some ponies fight the two, while others ran for safety.

“Oh no the ponies are in trouble! we need to help them Wings!” Austin said to Wingding.

“I agree with you. Let’s go help these ponies!” Wingding agreed.

While the Pegasus were distracting the bears, Twilight tried to use her levitation spell to grab Sweetie Belle, but the Ursa Major’s grip was to strong to get her out.

“Darn, that bear has a good grip on her, I have no choice but to shoot the bear’s hand to let her go.” Twilight said to herself and started to charge her horn.

The Ursa Minor were swiping at the Pegasus and it slammed its two front paws on the ground, causing the ground to shake and pushing back some Pegasus from the air. Twilight felt the shaking beneath her hooves and lost balance before she fired her magic blast. Twilight then fell and fired the blast at the Ursa Major’s face, causing it to drop Sweetie Belle to the ground. She started to scream out of fear as she was falling to the ground.

“I got it!” Rainbow Dash said as she was flying to save Sweetie Belle.

Rainbow Dash was cutting it close as Sweetie Belle was close to hitting the floor. She was about to catch her, but then a shadow swiftly caught Sweetie Belle and they both vanished.

“Huh?” Rainbow Dash said confused.

“Where did she go?” A random pony asked out loud.

The shadow figure then appeared in front of the ponies with Sweetie Belle close to its neck. The ponies saw a dark blue frog like creature. It has a yellow belly and has two light blue four pointed stars on each of its thighs. It has a tongue that covers most of its lower face. Sweetie Belle looked at the creature that saved her with sparkles in her eyes.

“Greninja.” the creature said, there eyes making a n shape, making it look like it is happy.

The creature named Greninja put Sweetie Belle gently on the ground. Rarity ran up to her and gave her a big hug.

“Oh Sweetie Belle are you alright?” Rarity asked worriedly, while holding her close to her.

“Yeah I’m fine and it’s all because of this creature.” Sweetie Belle said as she motioned her hoof to Greninja.

“Thank you for saving my little sister.” Rarity said with a warm smile.

“Ninja.” Greninja said as it nodded.

Greninja then turned its attention to the bears and ran at the bears in with swift speed. The bears didn’t know where the creature went until it was close to them and it threw some water shurikens at the bears faces. The bears were now angry towards Greninja and started to swipe at it. Greninja dodge every one of the swipes, except for the last one and hit it towards the ground, causing a little crater in the ground. The ponies gasped at this and went to see if it was okay. Greninja immediately jump out of the crater and back on the ground. Greninja stared at the bears, the bears stared back at it too.

“Perhaps these bears should pick on someone their own size... or something taller.” Wingding suggested to Greninja. Greninja nodded in agreement and all of a sudden a shadow swallowed Greninja.

The shadow got bigger and bigger and the shadow disappeared, showing a giant lizard with big spikes on its back with smaller ones going to its tail. The giant lizard looked down at the bears, which the bears looked nervous at its height and did it’s mighty roar.

After the roar it blew out some smoke out of its nose, giving the bears a warning. The bears ears dropped and made a whimper sound. The bears retreated back to the forest. When the bears retreated back to the forest, the shadow shallowed the giant lizard and the shadow got smaller. The shadow then disappeared and Greninja was back. Every pony cheered and stomped their hooves to the ground. Greninja looked at the crowd happily and saw Sweetie Belle trotting to it, giving Greninja a hug on the leg.

“Oh thank you for saving me and keeping Ponyville safe from the Ursa Minor and Ursa Major!” Sweetie Belle said in her squeaky voice, still hugging Greninja’s leg.

“Gren.” Greninja said as it used its webbed hand to pet her head.

Rarity trotted up to Greninja and gave it a hug as well.

“Thank you for saving my sister again “Greninja”.” Rarity said to Greninja with a wink, knowing it’s a certain human.

“Grenin.” Greninja said happily as the two ponies broke the hug.

Greninja then ran into the trees and disappeared, leaving the ponies amazed ,wondering what that creature was or what the other big creature was or terrified of both creatures.

“Goodbye Greninja I hope we see you again!” Sweetie Belle said as she was waving her hoof, blushing lightly.

“Well... uhh that was quite... eventful, but thanks to uhh... what was its name?” Twilight asked the group.

“Greninja.” Sweetie Belle said with small hearts appearing out of no where around her head. Rarity rolled her eyes at Sweetie Belle.

“Right. Thanks to Greninja, no pony got hurt and Ponyville is intact,” Twilight said happily to the ponies. Every pony stomped at the ground to thank Greninja again, but they think he is long gone. “Now that everything is back to normal, every pony can go to the town hall and wait until we get our special guest,” Twilight said to the ponies. The ponies that helped out nodded and went back to the town. “Well girls, let’s get our guest, he must be waiting for us right now.” Twilight said to her friends. Her friends nodded and they were about to go to the station, but Sweetie Belle spoke.

“Can I come with you guys?” Sweetie Belle asked the ponies. They all turned to see Sweetie Belle and didn’t say anything, but Rarity spoke up.

“I’m sorry dear, but you must be patient.” Rarity said as she stroked Sweetie Belle mane.

“Aww.” Sweetie Belle pouted sadly.

“I know dearly, how about you go to the town hall and visit with your friends.” Rarity suggested.

“Okay Rarity.” Sweetie Belle said as she trotted back to town.

As they saw her disappear in the horizon, they proceeded to the train station. As the group got to the station, they didn’t see anyone. As they looked around, Twilight smirk and spoke.

“That was some introduction you did Austin.” Twilight said to the air with a little giggle.

Greninja then appeared backwards on the roof of the station. It then flip right side up and the shadow took Greninja and transformed back into Austin.

“Thank you, you l-looked like you needed help and s-so I did.” Austin said softly to the group.

“And we are very grateful for that darling, especially saving my little sister.” Rarity said as she hugged Austin, the rest joined in.

“I’m very excited t-to see Ponyville up close. Wingding and I got a view from the station, but not close to see in detail and Wings love detail. We also didn’t s-see enough when we were fighting those bears.” Austin said as he giggled at the end of his sentence.

“Sorry for loving art or detail of different places.” Wingding said as he appeared behind Austin, causing Austin to jump a bit.

“Well we have a surprise for you before we give the tour.” Twilight said happily.

“A surprise? I love surprises! What is it?” Austin asked excitedly.

“It’s a surprise silly willy.” Pinkie Pie said, jumping up and down excitedly.

“O-oh right hehe.” Austin said to the ponies with an embarrassed chuckle.

“You don’t have to wait any longer because we are going to take you to your surprise now.” Twilight said to Austin happily.

“Really?! Ohh I can’t wait!!” Austin said excitedly.

“Yep but we are going to take a shortcut to the surprise.” Twilight said to the two. They both nodded in agreement.

Twilight lit up her horn and in a flash, the group was in a room with curtains that leads to a big room. They heard talking from the other room. Austin and Wingding took a small peak and saw a fair bit of ponies, all sitting down wandering what the guest could be. The two then looked at the group, the groups faces looking happy.

“Surprise!” They said in unison.

“This is your surprise?” Wingdings asked the group.

“Yeah is there a problem?” Twilight asked nervously.

“Well Austin will be fine since he wasn’t nervous at the party, but for me... I’m not too good with people or ponies.” Wingding said, sounding embarrassed.

“Don’t you worry darling, we will be out with you so you will feel comfortable.” Rarity said to reassure Wingding.

“That would be great if you do that.” Wingding said to the group.

“For a smart guy, you sure are afraid of a few ponies.” Rainbow Dash said in the air with her hooves crossed on her chest.

“Rainbow!” They said in unison, sounding unimpressed.

“What! it’s true!!” Rainbow Dash defended herself.

“No no she’s got a point, but their is more than a few ponies, theirs got to be half than a hundred out there. Anyways, yes I am afraid of large groups of people or ponies, I guess it can be stage freight or I don’t like to socialize.” Wingding explained to the rest.

“Wait wait wait! You have stage freight but Austin doesn’t?” Rainbow asked curiously.

“Yes. Austin loves to be social, but for me? Not really. I haven’t been around people than I should’ve, but I only observe them if they can be trusted or not, then I might socialize with them.” Wingding explained to the ponies.

“That’s pretty strange, most smart people like to at least have some pony to talk to.” Twilight said to Wingding.

“Well I didn’t, that might’ve been a error in my part, but maybe today I might overcome it, if I do talk that is.” Wingding said to the rest.

“That’s the spirit.” Starlight said happily to Wingding.

“Alright every pony get ready to walk out there okay.” Twilight said to the rest.

“Right!” The group said in unison

Twilight walked over to the curtain and signal a pony that is in the middle of the stage. The pony nodded and looked back at the others ponies sitting.

“Fillies and gentle colts, the moment you have been waiting for is now over for the guest is right behind those curtains. So please give a warm welcome to our guest!” The pony said to the ponies. They all stomped the ground.

“That’s our cue, let’s go.” Twilight said to the two.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to go on the stage, I wouldn’t blame you if you wussed out.” Austin said with a friendly smirk.

“I’ll show you who’s the wuss, you smart mouth.” Wingding said with annoyance in his voice.

The two were right behind the group as Twilight was about to lift the curtains up. They both took deep breathes and began to walk on the stage.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

It looks like Austin saved the day once again. I hope you enjoy the fight scene and more will be on the way soon 😄😄