• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,838 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,838

Chapter 23: A Day With Twilight

The sun was setting and Austin walked back to Ponyville, feeling strange than usual. He felt like something inside of him wanted to escape from him. His body felt cold, mainly just his heart. He came back to Ponyville and went to Twilights castle. Austin knocked on the two giant doors, but their were no answer. He knocked again… no respond.

“Hmm… maybe she is in her school?” Austin questioned himself.

He walked to the right side of him and saw the stone path and a pool of water with stepping stones surrounding the path.

He walked over to the school doors and knocked on them. Their was no responds, until 10 seconds later, Spike came to the doors and opened them.

“Oh hi Austin. You could’ve came in you know.” Spike said.

“Yeah, but it’s nice to knock.” Austin responded. “Is Twilight here?”

“Yeah she’s here. Come on in” Spike gestured Austin in.

Austin went inside the school. The entrance has two hallways, one on left and one on the right. Their was one hallway straight ahead with a dome like room.

“Follow me and I’ll bring you to Twi.” Spike said.

“Thank you Spike.” Austin smiled.

“No problem.”

Spike flapped his wings and took to the air slowly. Spike went to the left side, Austin followed. After taking a few turns, they were going in a straight line. Spike turned his head.

“So why do you need Twi when everypony is about to leave for the day?” Spike asked.

“Something is going on with me. If anyone can help me it’s her.” Austin responded.

“Oh well it’s a good idea to see her if something is wrong. She always has a solution.”

“Well I hope she has a solution for what I’ll tell her.”

“I’m sure she will.”

They rounded a corner and saw a group of different creatures. In the center of the group, Twilight was talking to the group.

“Twilight, Austin is here.” Spike said to Twilight.

The group looked at the two and they moved aside, revealing Twilight.

“Oh hello Austin. How are you doing on this fine day?” Twilight said.

Austin sighed. “It’s not fine for me.”

“Oh no what happened?”

“It’s… a long story…”

“Hang on, give me a minute. I have to grab some paper and a quill so I can write down some pointers of what’s bothering you.”

“Can’t you use your magic to summon the paper and quill?”

“Yeah, but I need a little stroll and stretch my legs after a long day. I’ll be right back in a few minutes.”

Twilight walked past the group and out of sight, Spike following behind. Austin and the group were standing there awkwardly. Austin looked at the group and notice that only one were a pony, the rest he didn’t really knew. The pony came over to Austin and lifted his hoof to him.

“Hi I’m Sandbar and these are my friends.” Sandbar said as he gestured to the other creatures.

Sandbar pointed to a creature with the head, wings and feet of a eagle and the body and tail of a lion.

“This is Gallus. He’s a griffon.”

“Sup.” Gallus said.

Sandbar pointed at a bug like pony with a horn. It reminded Austin of when he encountered Chrysalis and her drones.

“This is Ocellus. She is a changeling.”

“H-hi.” Ocellus said shyly.

“Hey I met a changeling before.” Austin said.

“You did?” The group said.

“Yeah, she was the queen of the changelings.”

“You mean-“ Sandbar gasped.

“Chrysalis?!?” Ocellus said as her body shook in fear.

“Yeah, but i defeated her.”

“You did?!?” The group gasped.

“How did you do it? By looking like a furless monkey?” Gallus said with a snicker.

“Gallus that’s not nice to say.” Sandbar said to Gallus.

“No no he’s right, kinda, but I had a trick up my sleeve.”

“And what’s that?” Ocellus asked curiously.

Austin closed his eyes and the black fog surrounded him. The group was confused on what was happening and looked at each other in confusion. The black fog faded and out came Soundwave from Transformers Prime. The group gasped and some stepped back from intimidation from the giant robot.

Austin looked down at them and knelt down to their height. Just then, his screen turned on and sound waves were emitting on the screen.

“This is how I defeated her.” Austin said to the group in a robotic voice.

“Now this is what I’m talking about!” Gallus said excitedly.

“So a changeling stood up to Chrysalis?!” Sandbar asked Austin.

“No. I’m not a changeling.” Austin said.

“Then what are you?” Ocellus asked.

“I am a human being, but I doubt you know what that is huh?”

“Wait a second… Twilight was giving us a history lesson about these humans.” Sandbar said.

“She did?” Austin asked.

“Yeah. She was talking about them for a week or so. She had a book with her and duplicated it for the class to read. It’s actually interesting reading about it.”

“Well I knew she had the book, but I didn’t actually think she would share it with her classes.”

“Well she is, and I got to amid it, I’m kinda intrigue.” Gallus said.

“So does every human have shapeshifting powers? We’re not done with the book by a long shot, but we heard that these humans today can use magic like unicorns.” Sandbar said.

“No. I’m the only human with shapeshifting powers.” Austin responded.

“So we’re you born with it naturally?” Ocellus asked.

“No, I was given these powers when I was born.”

“Given?”

“Yes, a prophecy gave me these powers for good.”

“A prophecy?” Sandbar asked.

“Yes. It said, one day a child with a pure of heart and soul of gold, will destroy the wakening darkness with the friends they make along the road.”

“Huh that’s interesting.” Ocellus said with a hoof on her chin.

“Yeah, anyway should we continue with the introductions?” Austin said.

“Oh yeah, we got a bit carried away from the questions, sorry about that.” Sandbar apologize.

“It’s fine.” Austin transformed back to her child self.

“Anyway, this is Silverstream, she is a hippogriff.” Sandbar said as he pointed at the one with back hooves and front claws.

“Hi! Nice to meet you.” Silverstream said happily.

Sandbar pointed at creature with orange scales with purple fins and horns on both sides of her head. It also had different wings compared to the others.

“This is Smolder. She is a dragon.” Sandbar said.

“Sup.” Smolder said as she made a peace sign.

Sandbar pointed at a yak with long auburn hair which is braided into curls.

“This is Yona. She is a yak.”

“Hi I’m Yona Yak.”

“It’s nice to meet you all.” Austin smiled at them.

“It’s nice to meet you too. I can’t believe we actually met a human.” Sandbar said happily.

“Oh look, another freak in this school.” A voice said behind Austin and the Young Six.

They turned around and saw a Pegasus with zinc yellow fur and platinum grey eyes. Their was also another one that was a unicorn with olive green fur and pastel turquoise eyes.

“Oh no not these two again.” Smolder crossed.

“You see what is see Storm Chaser?” The unicorn said.

“Hehe yeah, it’s the freak squad. And it looks like they have a new recruit.” Storm Chaser smirked.

“Oh man, could you two leave us alone.” Sandbar said to the two.

“Oh you hear that Emerald Dare? The pony is trying to defend his freak friends. They don’t belong here!” Storm Chaser shouted at Sandbar.

“Um excuse me?” Austin said to the two. “Could you leave my new friends alone please?”

The two looked at Austin, looking confused.

“Wait a minute, isn’t this the kid that Princess Celestia saved?” Storm Chaser asked Emerald Dare.

“Yeah it looks like the kid,” Emerald Dare walked over to Austin. He leaned over to Austin, making Austin nervous.

“You may been saved by the Princess, but that doesn’t mean your special than any of us.”

“I didn’t say I was. But that doesn’t mean to be mean to others.”

“They don’t belong here, just like you don’t belong here.” Emerald Dare pushed Austin down.

The group gasped and went to help him up Austin, but he got back up, looking angry.

”You know what you must do. Shadow Austin said to Austin.

Black smoke emitted off of Austin. His pupils went dark. Black fog surrounded Austin. The two ponies looked at each other, looking confused, but nervous at the same time. When the fog faded, a tall faceless man with a suit on appeared in front of them. It was taller than the ponies and the young six.

“W-what in Celestia is that?!?” Storm Chaser said in a scared tone.

Just then, eight tentacles extended out of his back. The two ponies back away from Austin, but he got closer and closer to them. Two tentacles quickly wrapped around the their necks and lifted them up. Emerald Dare tried to use this magic, but Austin used another tentacle to wrap around his horn. The rest of Austin tentacle were readied, pointing their ends at them. The two were gasping for air.

“P-please… hrk… w-were sorry.” Storm Chaser begged.

Austin said nothing and proceed to squeeze harder. The two faces were turning purple. The tentacle were getting closer, ready to strike. As the two were struggling, Twilight and Spike came back. As they went around the corner with the papers and quills, they were shocked at what they saw and dropped everything.

“Austin! Let, them, go, now!” Twilight yelled at Austin.

Austin turned to see Twilight. After two seconds, he let them go and the two ponies ran in fright. Austin looked at Twilight, black smoke emitting off him. Twilight looks angry as well.

“I don’t know what you are doing, but hurting my students is not okay!” Twilight yelled at Austin in a stern tone. Twilight sighed, calming herself down. “Look Austin, I’m not sure what’s going on with you, but I still want to help you.”

Austin said nothing and stared at Twilight. The staring made Twilight nervous and thinking something bad is going to happen. Austin turned around and walked away. After taking a few steps, he went staticky and vanished. Twilight couldn’t help but feel sad for the kid.

“That… was awesome!” Gallus said excitedly.

Twilight looked at him with a deadpan expression and Gallus embarrassingly chuckled.

Just then the two front doors slammed open and Twilight’s friends came running in.

“Twilight, Twilight!” Rainbow Dash yelled from the distance.

“Girls? Where have you been? Me and Spike have been running all the classes here.”

“Twilight, huff, huff… their is something wrong with Austin.” Pinkie Pie panted.

Twilight eyes were open wide after the stories her friends told her.


In the Everfree Forest, Austin reappeared from the static and was nearby a cave. He walked over to the cave and found it empty, but he wasn’t alone. In a nearby bush, two timberwolves were stalking Austin. They leapt out of the bush and ran towards him. Austin turned at the Timberwolves and used one tentacle to hit and shattered the first Timberwolf. He used another tentacle and grabbed the Timberwolf by the neck and dragged it in the cave. Austin grabbed sticks and twigs from the shattered Timberwolf and placed them in a circle. He used one tentacle and went to the second Timberwolf and snapped two of its front legs off. The wolf howled in pain as Austin used the legs to start a fire. The legs caught on fire and the legs were placed in the wooden circle. Austin let go of the wolf, having no use for it anymore. Instead of the wolf attacking Austin, it limped away with its back legs intact. Austin changed back to his normal self and sat down near the fire. Austin sighed as the fire crackled.

“Everything went wrong today. I feel like I lost my friends with all my mistakes.” Austin said sadly.

“Yes, but this could’ve been avoided if some pony didn’t teleport you here.” Shadow Austin responded.

“Wait… do you know who teleported me here?”

“Of course, I know all.”

“Who is it then?”

“She was there with you all along.”

“Is it… Celestia?”

“No you idiot. It was Luna.”

“Princess Luna? But why?”

“I’m not so sure, but she was the reason for all of this.”

“But why didn’t she tell me?”

” Everyone wants to keep things a secret, to hide their mistakes in thought.”

“Hmm. I’ll confront her in the morning. Too much mistakes happened today, I don’t want anything else going wrong.”

“Fair enough.”

And with that, the fire was dying down as Austin looked at the moon, having only one question on his mind.

Why Luna? Why didn’t you tell me?

To Be Continued…

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Only a few more chapters for this story and it will finally be finished. Thank you everyone who enjoys reading my stories so far, sticking around and reading my stories. They are fun to make, but I’m far from done with my other two stories. But I want to finish this one and go to the others next. Anyways I hope you all have a fantastic day or night.