• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,837 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,837

Chapter 2: Trust (edited)

It was a warm, sunny day in Ponyville as every pony was waking up and starting their day. Twilight Sparkle was walking with her #1 assistant, as well as a light purple unicorn, a dark purple unicorn and a grey hedgehog.

“Twi... why did you wake me up this early?” grumbled Twilight’s #1 assistant.

“Spike I told you this already, we are going to breakfast with the others, plus it 10 o'clock ” Twilight said.

“Yeah dude we get free food,” the hedgehog said while holding his stomach and sticking his tongue out.

Twilight and the dark purple unicorn both rolled their eyes.

“Let’s wait until we get their Grubber,” the dark purple unicorn said.

“Ok Tempest,” Grubber said while still holding his stomach with his paws.

“We haven’t had breakfast together for a while now, since every pony is busy with their own things,” the light purple unicorn said.

“I agree Starlight, it has been some time since we had breakfast together,” Twilight said.

As the the five finally arrived to the restaurant, the rest of Twilight’s friends were waiting patiently for their arrival. Twilight saw a light blue Pegasus, a pink ground pony, a white unicorn, a orange ground pony and a yellow Pegasus all waving at Twilight and the others over to them.

“We’re over here darlings,” said a white unicorn.

The five then make it over to them and took the last five seats that their friends saved for them.

“I’m glad every pony can make it today, Twilight said happily.

“I know darling, it’s been simply ages since we actually have time to sit down and have a nice breakfast together,” said the white unicorn.

“Couldn’t said it better mah self Rarity,” the orange pony said.

“I agree too Rarity and Applejack,” Twilight said happily.

As all of them were going to order their food, spike felt something come out of his throat. He turned away from the others in case it was something else, but luckily it was not. He burped out a green flame and it formed a scroll. Spike when to see who sent it.

“Twilight it’s from princess Celestia,” Spike said.

“What does it say Spike?” Twilight said curiously.

Spike cleared his throat and started to speak out what the scroll says.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

Today I have found a new species that I didn’t know and it is known as a human. The humans name is Austin and he is very nice and pure, but something is troubling him, but I don’t want to ask him about that yet. If you have time tomorrow could you and your other friends come to Canterlot? Don’t worry, I’ll provide the tickets for your arrival if you have the time.

Yours truly,
Princess Celestia.

“A human?” Everyone except Twilight curiously said in unison.

“Um... what’s a human?” The light blue Pegasus said.

“They are from the mirror from the Crystal Empire that made every pony in Ponyville look like humans, but it seems Celestia has made contact with it without the mirror.” Twilight said.

“And the scroll said something about something troubling the small feller,” Applejack said.

“We should maybe go see this human and maybe I can get some history from it since I didn’t have a lot of time to study the human world.” Twilight said with a grin on her face.

“Oh great, I know that face.” Spike deadpanned.

Then Twilight teleport and reappeared in front of their group with scrolls and pens in her magic.

“Now hold on sugarcube, Ah know your excited to see this human, but they might be scared to meet us.” Applejack said to Twilight.

“Oh... I didn’t think of that.” Twilight said feeling embarrassed.

“It’s quite alright darling, maybe if the human gets warmed up with us then maybe you can ask them questions.” Rarity reassuring Twilight.

“Your right Rarity, I’m sorry we couldn’t have a nice breakfast together girls.” Twilight said sadly.

“Maybe um...Princess Celestia will get us breakfast with the human.” the yellow Pegasus said quietly.

“Yeah Fluttershy is right, maybe Princess Celestia will have breakfast when we get their.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Yeah and we can throw them a party!” The pink pony said as confetti explodes behind her.

“Maybe later Pinkie Pie.” Twilight said with a giggle.

“Okie dokie lokie.” Pinkie Pie said with a big smile.

“Well what are we waiting for, let’s go see the princesses and this human.” Tempest said.

“Right, come on girls, let’s go to Canterlot!” Twilight said excitedly.

As all of them were going to make their way to the train station, Grubber took some hay sticks for the road.


The sun was shining on the balcony doors as the light shined on Austin. One would think that people or ponies wake up peacefully, but not for the little human. Austin was tossing and turning with his eyes shut tight, saying no in his sleep.

“No... no... NO!” Austin yelled as he woke up, almost hyperventilating himself. But he calmed down when he realized it was only a nightmare.

it was just was just a nightmare... Austin thought.

Austin looked out the balcony to see it was a sunny day with not much clouds. Austin then got up and went to put on his socks and shoes that he left at the front of the bed. He was about to leave the room, until Celestia came into the door with a worried expression.

“Austin are you alright? I heard you screaming.” Celestia said worried.

“O-oh sorry Celestia, I had a n-nightmare. No need to be w-worried.” Austin said softly.

“Do you want to talk about your nightmare?” Celestia said softly but still worried.

“I... d-don’t want to say, sorry.” Austin said quietly.

“It’s alright Austin, maybe later you can tell me okay?” Celestia said warmly. Celestia nuzzled his cheek, which Austin giggled a little.

“O-okay.” Austin said quietly and gave a small smile to Celestia.

“We are having some guest coming over to meet you, is that okay with you dear?” Celestia asked warmly.

Y-yeah, that’s okay with m-me.” Austin said softly.

Celestia gave Austin a kiss on the forehead and gave a warm smile.

“They should be here any minute. Would you like to go on my back again or would you like to walk?” Celestia said softly.

“I think I w-will walk this time.” Austin said quietly.

“Ok dear, stay by my side ok dear?” Celestia said softly.

“O-okay Celestia.” Austin said softly.

Celestia and Austin then left the room and went to the throne room. As the two of them got to the throne room, Luna was waiting for them and ran up to Austin and gave him a gentle hug.

“Are you okay Austin? we heard you scream and Tia went to go check on you.” Luna said concerned to the child.

“I-I’m fine Luna, I had a nightmare but I’m fine now.” Austin said softly.

A nightmare? Why didn’t I sense his nightmare? Luna thought to herself.

“Luna a-are you ok?” Austin asked with a worried expression. Luna snapped back to reality and answered the little child.

“Oh I’m fine, nothing to worry dear.” Luna said warmly as she booped his nose, which made Austin giggle a little.

The three of them then heard the throne room open and 8 ponies came in and 2 other species that Austin haven’t seen before. Scared that they’re so many of them, Austin hid behind Celestia’s leg.

“Hello my little ponies.” Celestia greeted her friends.

“Hello princess Celestia.” said every pony in unison and they all bowed at the two princesses.

“You may rise my little ponies.” Celestia said warmly to them.

“It’s nice to see all of you again.” Luna said happily.

“It’s nice to see you too princess Luna, princess Celestia.” Twilight said happily as well.

“Indeed it is nice to see all of you well.” Celestia said warmly to them all.

“So... where it this human you were speaking of in your note?” Twilight asked as she was looking around the room to see them.

“He is right here.” Celestia said as she gestured to her leg.

The ponies looked at her leg and saw some parts of the human body. Austin then peeked his head out to see them and he saw 20 eyes all staring at him and retreated back to Celestia’s leg.

“He is a little shy around other ponies.” Celestia said as she looked at the child.

“He is still shy around us as well, but he’s only been here for a day so everything and everyone is new to him. ” Luna said while look at the child too.

“Don’t worry dear they won’t hurt you, they just want to see you ok?” Celestia said warmly to Austin.

Austin then looked at Celestia and then step away from her leg and stood at her side, still nervous he started to shake a little.

The first pony to approach him is a purple alicorn. Her mane is a dark sapphire blue with moderate purple and raspberry streaks. Her eyes is moderate violet.

“Hello little one, my name is Twilight Sparkle, don’t be afraid of me and my friends, we would not hurt a little and an adorable child like yourself.” Twilight said as she put a wing on his back and smiled at him. He blushed when she called him adorable.

“Are you a-an alicorn?” Austin said curiously.

“Why yes I’m am a... wait how did he-“ Twilight was going to finish her sentence but got interrupted by Celestia.

“I told him you were an alicorn,” Celestia said warmly to Twilight.

“Oh... that make sense,” Twilight said before he turned back to the child, which he was on his one knee and lowered his head. Twilight heart melted as he did that.

“I appreciate the sign of respect, but you don’t need to do that dear. Can I get your name please?” Twilight asked warmly.

“O-oh right, my n-name is Austin.” Austin said softly while getting back on both feet.

“It is very nice to meet you Austin, can my other friends meet you too?” Twilight asked warmly to him.

“O-okay.” Austin said quietly.

The next pony to come up is a light purple unicorn. Her mane is moderate purple with light purple and light aquamarine headlights. Her eyes is moderate Persian blue.

“Hello Austin, my name is Starlight Glimmer, but you can call me Starlight,” Starlight said warmly to Austin and put a hoof for him to shake.

“Hi Starlight it is very nice t-to meet you too.” Austin said quietly as he shook her hoof.

The next pony to come up is a light pink earth pony. Her mane is puffy, and her mane’s color is raspberry pink. Her eyes is light blue. But she didn’t approach Austin like the other two, she got up to his face so their gazes met, while being upside down.

“Hi my name is Pinkie Pie, it is great to meet you Austin Wustin!” Pinkie Pie said excitedly and then did some cartwheels around him and Celestia, which made him giggle.

“Hi Pinkie Pie it’s nice to m-meet you too, also you are a very f-funny and nice pony,” Austin said softly.

“Awww thank you Austin Wustin!” Pinkie Pie said as she rubbed his hair to look a little messy.

The next pony to come up is a dark purple unicorn. Her mane is a moderate rose with lighter edges. Her eyes is modern opal.

“Hello Austin, my name is Tempest Shadow, but you can call me Tempest, it is nice to meet you.” Tempest said with her normal voice.

“Hello Tempest it is v-very nice to meet-“ he stopped talking as he noticed her horn broken. He looked at her sadly. “what h-happened to your horn?”

“Oh, I just got into an accident when I was little, nothing to worry about.” Tempest said to reassure him.

“D-does it hurt?” Austin said sadly.

“No it doesn’t, but thank you for your concern.” Tempest said as she put a hoof on his back.

“I really like your n-name, it sounds cool.” Austin said quietly to Tempest.

“Thank you, you are very nice and you have a cool name too.” Tempest said with a little wink.

“T-thank you.” Austin said warmly.

The next pony to come up is light yellow Pegasus. Her mane is pink and her eyes is a moderate cyan. She approach Austin very slow and careful to not scare him.

“Hi Austin...um, my name is Fluttershy. It is nice to meet you.” Fluttershy said with her gentle and quiet voice.

“H-hi Fluttershy its n-nice to meet you too.” Austin said quietly.

“Austin and Fluttershy are quite in common by their shyness.” Celestia whispered to Luna and Twilight. They both nodded in agreement.

The next pony to come up was not a pony but a lizard-like creature. His scale-like skin is light purple and a light spring green underbelly. He also has lime green ear fronds. His spikes is moderate green. His eyes is also moderate green.

Hello Austin, my name is Spike and I’m a dragon,” Spike said confidently and reached his claws to shake his hand.

“A-a dragon?” Austin asked nervously.

“Don’t worry I’m a nice dragon.” Spike said warmly. Austin then shook Spike’s claw.

The next pony to come up was not a pony again but it isn’t a dragon, it looks like a hedgehog. His coat is dark grayish blue. His mane is light sapphire bluish gray and cornflower bluish gray. His eyes is brilliant opal.

“Hi, my name is Grubber and I am a hedgehog, it’s nice to meet you man.” Grubber said warmly.

“It’s nice to m-meet you to Grubber.” Austin said quietly.

The next pony to come up was a light grayish blue Pegasus. Her mane is a brilliant red, brilliant orange, light grayish olive, moderate green, moderate light blue, and moderate purple. Her eyes is moderate cerise.

“Hello Austin, my name is Rainbow Dash, the fastest and awesomeness Pegasus in all of Equestria!” Rainbow Dash said confidently. Twilight facehoove herself when Rainbow Dash said that.

“It’s nice to meet y-you Rainbow Dash.” Austin said quietly as he giggled a little by her confidence.

The next pony to come up was a brilliant orange pony. Her mane is a light grayish olive. Her eyes is moderate sap green and wore a cowboy hat.

“Howdy there Austin, mah name is Applejack. It’s nice to meet ya little buddy.” Applejack said warmly. She put a hoof out for him to shake.

“I-it’s nice to meet you to Applejack.” Austin said softly. Austin then shook Applejack’s hoof.

The last pony to come up next is a light gray unicorn. Her mane is moderate indigo. Her eyes is moderate azure. She also has eyeshadow, which is light cornflower bluish gray.

“Hello darling, my name is Rarity, it is very nice to meet you dear.” Rarity said warmly. Rarity put out her hoof for him to shake as well.

“It’s very nice to m-meet you too Rarity.” Austin said quietly. Austin then shook Rarity’s hoof.

Celestia was very happy that every pony was nice to Austin and Austin being comfortable around them.

“If I may ask darling, where are your parents dear, they must be worried sick.” Rarity said warmly.

When Austin heard the word parents, his eyes started to water and he put his head down, with his hands covering his eyes.

“Austin sweetie, what’s wrong?” Celestia asked worriedly to Austin.

“Oh darling please don’t cry, I didn’t mean to make you upset.” Rarity said sadly.

“T-their gone...” Austin said in a whisper.

“Who’s gone dear?” Twilight asked curiously and sadly.

“My p-parents... their gone.” Austin said while choking on the words that he was trying to say.

“You mean they’re... oh no.” Celestia said sadly.

All of them gave Austin a big group hug while shedding some tears from some of the ponies, mainly Rarity, Fluttershy and Celestia.

“I could o-of saved them... I should of s-saved them... but I was too scared that I ran... it’s m-my fault their gone.” Austin said still sobbing.

“Oh sweetie, please don’t blame yourself, it wasn’t your fault.” Celestia said warmly, while placing both her wings around him for comfort.

After 5 minutes of hugging and trying to calm Austin down, he finally stopped crying and every pony let the child go from their hug. He looked at the group with red eyes from all the crying.

“T-thank you for everything, even w-when I hide and get s-scared, you all care for me.” Austin said softly.

“Oh course sweetie, you have a pure heart. We would never leave family behind.” Luna said warmly to Austin.

Austin looked up at all of them once more with tears in his eyes again.

“Darling are you alright?” Rarity asked concerned.

“Y-yeah these are tears of j-joy because all of you make me feel like f-family, even though we just met.” Austin said softly.

“Of course Austin, you’re a very nice and polite child.” Twilight said happily. Every pony nodded in agreement.

“I’m glad I-I met you all.” Austin said softly.

“We’re glad to meet you too my dear.” Luna said warmly. Every pony nodded in agreement again.

“Oh I have an idea!” Pinkie Pie said with a big grin on her face.

“What would that be Pinkie?” Starlight said to the pink pony, knowing what Pinkie is going to say.

“We throw a party for Austin, I’m sure every pony will love him,” Pinkie Pie said happily. Then all of a sudden confetti exploded behind her. Austin then giggled at her funny antics.

“That sounds like a great plan Pinkie Pie, maybe Austin can get a chance to meet the last Alicorn and her husband if they have time to come.” Celestia said softly to Austin.

“I l-liked that.” Austin said softly.

“Yay party time!” Pinkie Pie said excitedly while jumping up and down.

Before they were going to plan the party, Austin and every pony’s stomach started to growl.

“Maybe we can start the plan for the party after breakfast.” Celestia said with a giggle.

“Sound good by me.” Grubber said while holding his stomach with his paws.

Every pony started to make their way to the dining room with Austin, more comfortable with them around him.


“Interesting... these ponies certainly are unique species. They take an innocent small child with secrets that they don’t know yet and they don’t know the child completely. Perhaps I should introduce myself to them, but I’m in no rush. For now they will find out his many secrets that he keeps holding on to and not telling them about his past. I’ll keep observing these ponies for a little while and when Austin fully trust them, I’ll introduce myself. Until then, see you soon princess Celestia and princess Luna.”

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

There is a new mysterious character waiting patiently in the shadows. You will know them soon in a few chapters.