• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,834 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,834

Chapter 5: Austin’s Past (edited)

As the sun begun to fill the sky, the light shined in Celestia’s room and onto the sleeping child. The child started to open his eyes and his eyes was filled with light, which he rubbed his eyes to adjust to the light. As he finally got his eyes adjusted to the brightness, he was in Celestia’s room.

I must’ve fell asleep when the party was done. Austin thought to himself.

He got out of Celestia’s bed and went to grab some of his new clothes that Rarity made for him. He picked up a standard green shirt and blue jeans. He went to the bathroom to get dressed, so that no one doesn’t walk on him naked. As he was changing in his new clothes, he felt like he was being watch, but their was no pony or no one in the bathroom. He ignored the feeling and he started to put on his shirt. As he was done changing, he felt like he was being watched again, but he didn’t know who.

“Your performance was quite good, but also had some flaws.” an embodied voice said. Austin jumped at the voice and he turned around, no one was there.

“W-wings... is that you?” Austin said curiously to see if the voice will respond again.

“Yes Austin, it’s me.” the embodied voice responded to the child.

Then all of a sudden a shadow was forming out of Austin’s back and it took form of a tall skeleton creature. It had a white tone body and had no hair on its head. The creature was wearing a black lab coat and a white shirt behind the coat as well, it also had a tie on the white shirt. It’s face has two big scars on each eye. His eyes were abyss like but with two white slitted pupils.

“Wingding... y-you’re ok.” Austin said happily. He then gave the creature named Wingding a hug. Wingding returned the hug as well.

“Of course I’m alright, I can’t die unless you died, which you are basically immortal remember?” Wingding explained to the child.

“Oh right, I-I forgot... hehe,” Austin said embarrassed.

“Are you having a good time with these ponies?” Wingding asked Austin.

“Oh y-yes they are so nice to me and... wait a-a minute, how do you know I was with p-ponies?” Austin questioned Wingding.

“I was observing them, learning about there behaviors when they see a new creature, but it seems they can be trustworthy.” Wingding answered the child.

“Well I’m g-glad you trust them like I do.” Austin said happily to Wingding.

“Yes and that Celestial pony is almost like a mother figure to you, as well as that lunar pony.” Wingding said to the child.

“You m-mean Celestia and Luna? Yeah they are like a...” Austin said happily but then his smile turned to a frown.

“You miss them don’t you?” Wingding ask the child.

“Of course I m-miss them, you are the only family I have of them.” Austin said sadly.

“I know kiddo, but you should see the positive side.” Wingding said to the child as he put a hand on Austin’s shoulder.

“But how can I see the positive side? I only think about the negative side.” Austin said sadly to Wingding.

“Well one positive side is, your parents could be alive and hiding, trying to find you and reunite back with you. The second positive side could be if your parents are dead, you have a new family. Either way you still have a family that will love and support you, new or old.” Wingding said to reassure Austin.

“T-thank you Wings... you truly are the best.” Austin said softly.

“Of course, I wouldn’t be a good teacher and mentor if I made you feel like a complete failure, which you are not and I would be a failure if I wasn’t the best brother to you as well,” Wingding said warmly to Austin, he then started to ruffle up his hair a little. The child started to laugh as his hair was being ruffled up, Wingding then stopped ruffling his hair and looked at him. “have you told them?” Wingding asked curiously.

“Told them w-what?” Austin said confused.

“Did you tell them about your past yet?” Wingding said curiously.

“N-no I haven’t, I’m still trying to recover from what happened, what happened to my f-family, my h-home, everything.” Austin said sadly with tears escaping his eyes.

“I know you are still recovering, but you must tell them, otherwise they might not trust you.” Wingding said to the child.

“I k-know, but if I tried to tell t-them, I’ll have a mental breakdown.” Austin said sadly to Wingding. Wingding then put a hand under his chin, thinking. He then had a idea.

“How about you introduce me to them and I’ll tell the story myself.” Wingding said to the child.

“R-really, you would do that for m-me?” Austin said to Wingding.

“Of course, since what happened didn’t effect me, I can tell the story with having a breakdown.” Wingding said to the child.

“T-thank you Wings... you are the best.” Austin said happily to Wingding.

“Your welcome kiddo, now should we meet them?” Wingding said to Austin.

“Yeah t-they should be in the dining hall, probably w-waiting you me,” Austin said to Wingding.

“Excellent, the sooner we tell your past, the less weight on your shoulders, and hopefully it also gets rid of your stuttering. It will hopefully make you more confident to yourself.” Wingding said to Austin.

“Y-yeah and maybe the writer will not make me stutter so m-much.” Austin said to Wingding.

“Did you just break the 4th wall Austin? Wingdings asked Austin with a deadpan face.

“Uhhhhh... anyways let’s go i-introduce you to the others... hehe” Austin said nervously as he started to walk to the dining room. Wingding sighed and vanished back into Austin’s body.


Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, and the mane 6 were waiting in the dining room for Austin.

“Should I go check on him? what if he is having another nightmare?” Celestia asked in a worried tone.

“Tia he is alright, he is probably just getting dressed, I know you care for him but you must not treat him like a baby.” Luna said to Celestia.

“I know Lulu, but he is very fragile and I want to protect him like... like...” Celestia tried to say the words but was starting to tear up a little.

“Like a mother?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Yes Twilight, like a mother.” Celestia said softly to Twilight.

Then the doors opened and Austin walked in and saw the rest of the ponies.

“Good morning Austin!” every pony said in unison.

“Good m-morning everyone.” Austin said to every pony.

“We have saved you a seat darling.” Rarity said to the child.

“Oh thank y-you.” Austin said softly.

Austin then took a seat between Celestia and Twilight. When Austin sat down on the chair, a unicorn maid was carrying several plates of pancakes with his magic. As everypony got their plates, they started to eat.

“Hmmm these pancakes are really good.” Austin said happily to Celestia.

“I hired the best chefs and cooks to make great food for us or our guests.” Celestia said warmly to Austin.

“Austin, are you forgetting someone?” Wingding said inside of his head.

“Not yet, let me eat s-some food and then I’ll tell them.” Austin said to Wingding quietly so no one would hear him.

“Are you talking to me dear?” Celestia asked Austin.

“O-oh no, I’ll was talking to myself.” Austin said to Celestia.

“About what?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Um... if these pancakes a-are better than the pancakes at m-my old home... hehe.” Austin said to Twilight with a suspicious chuckle.

“Oh, well make sure you eat up, it will make you have more energy for the day.” Celestia said softly to the child.

“R-right, I will.” Austin said softly to Celestia.

After every pony was done eating there food, Austin took a deep breath and started to talk to Celestia.

“Celestia, can I t-tell you something?” Austin asked Celestia.

“Oh course dear, I’m always here to listen.” Celestia said to the child.

“Ok, would y-you believe me if someone I k-know is here in this room?” Austin asked the sun princess.

“Hmmm... I don’t see any pony except the ponies that are in this room, why?” Celestia said curiously. Every pony was now listening to the two conversation.

“Well, he wants to m-meet you all.” Austin said to the group.

“Well any friend of yours, is a friend of mine.” Cadance said to the child. Every pony nodded in agreement.

Austin then got off of his chair and every pony looked at him confused of what he is doing.

“Okay Wingding, you may come out now.” Austin said to the room.

“Wingding? Did he fall off of the bed or something?” Rainbow asked the group. The group looked at her with unimpressed eyes.

All of a sudden, a dark figure was emerging out of the child’s back and Wingding formed his body once again. Every pony was shocked, but then they got to an attacking position, all of the ponies with horns were all lighting up, and Rainbow Dash ready to fight the figure. Austin then got in front of the figure.

“Wait, d-don’t shoot him, he is my f-friend.” Austin explained to the group.

“This creepy figure is your friend?” Starlight said curiously.

“Yes and he w-won’t hurt you.” Austin said to the group. Celestia was the first to stop her aura, then the rest stopped as well.

“Greetings, my name is Wingding and I am indeed Austin’s friend. I am as well his teacher, mentor and his brother.” Wingding introduced himself to the group.

He then walked up to the princesses and gave their hooves a light kiss, some of the princesses blushed a little when he did that.

“Oh such manners, just like Austin was when he introduced to us but only with a head bow.” Celestia said warmly to Wingding.

“I actually learned the manners by Austin, I was still learning and when he meets new people, he always does that head bow. I then studied how to be more polite towards loyalty. Can I have your names please?” Wingding explained to the group.

“Oh right where are my manners. My name is Princess Celestia, Ruler of Equestria. I am responsible for rising and lowering the sun. The dark blue alicorn is my sister Luna,” — gestures to Luna — “She is the co-ruler. She is responsible for rising and lowering the moon. The light pink alicorn is my niece Cadance,” — gestures to Cadance — “She is the ruler of the Crystal Empire and wife to Shining Armor. The white stallion is my nephew-in law Shining Armor,” — gestures to Shining Armor — “He is the captain of the Canterlot Royal Guards and husband to Cadance. The purple Alicorn is my niece-in law and my faithful student Twilight Sparkle,” — gestures to Twilight— “She is the Princess of Friendship. These are Twilight’s friends,” — gestures to Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Spike, Starlight, Tempest, and Grubber — “They are the former bearers of the Elements of Harmony. Starlight, Tempest, and Grubber are reformed villains and is now living with Twilight.” Celestia introduced the group to Wingding. They all waved a hoof to Wingding.

“It is very nice to meet all of you, Austin was talking to me about you all being nice to him during my absence. I couldn’t thank you enough to keep him safe... well except when he saved you.” Wingding said to the group.

Then seven bone hands that look like Wingding’s hands appeared and went to each pony to shake their hooves. Some ponies were amazed by the floating hands, some where scared of them and Fluttershy just fainted when one came to her.

“WOW, how did you do that?!?” Twilight said in amazement.

“I just used my magic to summon my bone hands. They are very helpful for multi tasking and for attacking,” Wingding said to Twilight.

“Maybe later I can get you and Austin can tell me about your powers, I’m very interested now.” Twilight said excitedly.

“Of course, but before we do that, Austin wanted me to tell you all something.” Wingding said to the group.

“What is is darling, is he alright?” Rarity said while going to Austin and rubbing a hoof on his back.

“He is fine, but at the same time isn’t.” Wingding said sadly to the group.

“What is it?” Celestia asked Wingding worriedly.

“He wanted to tell you about his past.” Wingding said to the group.

The group looked at each other with worried faces since Wingding sounded upset but he hid it pretty well.

“Are you sure he wants us to tell us? It might make his heart break.” Celestia said sadly.

“He suggested that I tell you since I was not effect by the event.” Wingding said to the group.

“Well we have been trying to get him to tell us what is wrong, but he never tells us. From what your saying, it must be sad.” Celestia said to Wingding and went over to Austin and sat down near his side.

“Indeed it was quite traumatic for him, even at this young age, it probably scarred him for life.” Wingding said sadly.

“Do you want him to tell us your past Austin?” Celestia said softly to Austin.

“Y-yes, you all deserve to know what has h-happened.” Austin said quietly to Celestia and the group.

“Okay dear, would you like to stay by my side when he tells us?” Celestia asked warmly to Austin.

“I’m afraid he won’t be here to stay by your side.” Wingding said to Celestia.

“Why not?” Celestia asked Wingding confusedly.

“He won’t be able to because all of you are going inside his head.” Wingding explained to Celestia.

“We’re going inside his head? Won’t that hurt him?” Spike asked curiously.

“No he will fine, besides i live in his mind to help strategize his attacks and defense. I’m sure he will be fine if all of you are inside his mind.” Wingdings explained to the group.

“D-don’t worry Celestia, i-I’ll be fine... promise.” Austin said with a warm smile.

“Very well then.” Celestia said as she nuzzled his cheeks.

Every pony then got in a circle, Wingding and Austin was in the middle of them.

“Now that everyone is here, let’s us start.” Wingding said to the group. The group was confused of what he was going to do. Austin shut his eyes and Wingding closed his eyes for a few seconds and opened them up again. The whole room then turned into a dark, void like room.

“W-where are we?” Fluttershy asked while being curled up like a ball.

“This is Austin’s mind, where all of his memories are.” Wingding said to the group. The group looked at the room with many memories of his baby self and child self too.

“So many memories.” Celestia said in awe.

“Yes they’re many memories, but I’m only going to show you three important memories. Let’s start with the first memory.” Wingding said to the group.

As all of them were looking around the void, Wingding snap his fingers together and the dark void changed to a room. The room has white walls, one white bed with a blue blanket, and multiple chairs. There was a woman and two men in the room. The woman was laying on the bed, one man was sitting on the chair near the bed holding the woman's hand, the other man was at the back of the bed. The woman has brown hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. The man has a bald head with little bits of hair on his head, brown eyes, and pale skin as well. The man at the end of the bed looked exactly like Wingdings, the only difference was the eyes, which the figure has circular eyes.

“This memory is the day that Austin was born.” Wingding explained to the group.

“Push, push!” The figurine at the end of the bed said to the woman.

The woman was screaming as she was giving birth, her screaming was almost sounded like she was in agony. Twilight put a hoof around spikes eyes so that he can’t see the birthing part, Tempest did the same to Grubber as well. When it was all over, the two ponies took there hooves off of the dragon and hedgehog’s eyes. The group was now looking at Austin’s baby form. Small, fragile and he was crying when he was born.

“My word, Austin is quite adorable as a baby too.” Rarity said out loud. Every pony nodded in agreement.

“If you all wish you may get closer, it is just a memory so it won’t change if you step close to them, but you can’t touch them because it’s a memory, so you’re hooves will go through.” Wingding explained to the group and the group started to step closer to the family.

As the group was very close to the humans, they notice that the figure with the baby looked like Wingding.

“Is that you Wingding?” Starlight asked Wingding.

“No, that is my creator, WD Gaster.” Wingding explained to Starlight.

“Creator?” Twilight asked curiously.

“WD Gaster?” Applejack asked curiously.

“OHHHH so many mysteries, TELL US PLEASE!!” Pinkie Pie yelled excitedly.

“I’ll tell you in the next memory.” Wingding said to the pink pony.

“Okay.” Pinkie Pie said with a smile.

“I’ll need to run a few safe test to your child, just to see if he has any health problems.” WD Gaster said to the two humans.

“Ok... I’ll rest for a bit.” the woman said tiredly to Gaster.

“Yes get some rest, I’ll be back with your child in a few minutes or more.” Gaster said to the two humans.

The room shifted again and the group was then in another room with multiple devices that other babies will go in, but all of them were empty. The device was a glass dome with two circle openings, one on the left and right of the dome. Gaster put Austin in the dome and had a large, skinny device with wires hanging off of it. He took the wires that were hanging and put them on Austin and turned on the device. It showed a 8-bit soul logo before turning on.

“What is that thing?” Rainbow Dash said curiously.

“That is a soul checker, it looks at the soul of the babies without hurting them.” Wingding explained to Rainbow.

“How does that work?” Twilight asked suspiciously.

“I’m not sure, but whoever made it must of been smart or have advance technology. Wingding said to Twilight.

As the machine was checking Austin’s heart something unusual happened. Most children with soul powers have the same heart beat as regular humans, but Austin’s heart spiked up and then back down to normal. When Gaster saw this, he check Austin’s power source from Austin’s soul. He saw the soul power increasing at a fast pace.

“What? But this is impossible, all of the souls that I checked are always normal, but his is unique...” Gaster said to himself.

The group was confused of what was happening, but then all of a sudden they saw a power surge come out of Austin’s body. It caused a blackout for a few minutes before everything went back online. Gaster turned on the device and check his soul again and it decreased back to normal. The group was stunned at what Austin did, how so much power came out of a fragile baby.

“Woah...um how did he do that?” Fluttershy asked quietly to the group, they all shrugged except Wingding.

“It cannot be... if the legends are correct...” Gaster said to himself. The group heard what Gaster and they were eager to know what he is saying.

Gaster walk over to a desk with a book that is called “Book of Legends” and opened it to a page in the middle. The page was talking about a prophecy. The group leaned in to the book and it said...

One day a child with a pure of heart and soul of gold, will destroy the wakening darkness with the friends they make along the road. it was quite short but the meaning was very instructive.

“Wait... is the prophecy talking about Austin?” Applejack asked the group.

“But it looks to be written at least a thousands years ago.” Twilight said to Applejack.

“If this prophecy is true... then this kid will save us or lead to his own demise. Maybe when he gets a little older I’ll help train him, but for now he will be with his family.” Gaster said to himself once more.

The room shifted once more to the room where the two humans were in. Gaster walked in the room while holding the child, which he was sleeping. The woman was awake when they came in and Gaster handed the baby over to the woman.

“Your child is perfectly healthy and will live a good life.” Gaster said to the woman.

“That’s good to hear, thank you doctor.” the woman said.

“So what are you going to name him?” Gaster asked the woman.

“I think I’ll name him... Austin.” the woman said to Gaster.

The memory then went back to the black void.

“That was quite interesting.” Luna said to the group.

“Indeed Lulu and Austin’s powers was quite powerful.” Celestia said warmly.

“Yes Austin’s powers were strong from what I heard from my creator and that is what we are going to look at next, how Austin got his official powers.” Wingding said to the group.

“I thought you were going to show us the traumatic part of his past?” Tempest asked curiously. Twilight hit her side with her wing with an unimpressive look.

“We will, but I want to show you how he got his powers and what powers he have.” Wingding said to Tempest.

“Okay, I’m just curious about what made Austin so scared of everything.” Tempest said to Wingding.

“We all do, but we have to be a little patient.” Twilight said to Tempest. She nodded and they all put there attention to Wingding.

“Now the next memory is when Austin discovered he was part of the prophecy.” Wingding said to the group.

The room then shifted into what appears to be a bed room. The rooms had white walls, a bed with a gray blanket, a dresser, and a closet. The child was fast asleep on the bed, the sunshine shining on him was trying to get him up, but to no avail. The wooden door opened and the woman in the last memory came in his room.

“Austin, Austin it’s time to wake up.” the woman said gently to the child.

“Hmmm... oh morning mommy.” Austin said happily to his mom.

“Good morning sweetheart, go get dressed, Dr. Gaster is coming over for a visit.” The woman said to Austin.

“Okay mommy, I’ll get dressed.” Austin said to the woman.

The woman then left the room for Austin to change. Austin then got a black t-shirt, black sweats and black socks on, the only thing he needed was his glasses. His glasses were on top of the dresser, but his arms were too short to grab them.

“Aww poor little feller can’t get his glasses.” Applejack said sadly.

“Awww, maybe I should get mommy to help me,” Young Austin said to himself. As he was going to the door to ask for his mother’s help, but his glasses appeared in front of him. He stepped back, but his glasses followed. He turned to his back and saw a single black tentacle coming out of his back. Young Austin wasn’t really scared of it, more surprised then scared. “Hi there, thank you for grabbing my glasses for me.” Young Austin said to the tentacle with a smile.

The tentacle gave him his glasses and vanished into his back.

“Wait come back I wanna be your friend!” Young Austin said to the tentacle.

The tentacle came back, but it can’t communicate to him. The tentacle extended out more for him to shake the tentacle.

“Aww your funny and squishy, I think I’ll name you... Squishy! Do you like that name?” Young Austin said to the tentacle. The tentacle then shaked up and down as a yes. “Okay Squishy it is then, well I’m going go see my mommy, you wanna see her?” Young Austin asked the tentacle. The tentacle shook side by side as a no. “Okay maybe later then?” Young Austin asked the tentacle again. The tentacle shaked up and down again. The tentacle then went back into Austin’s back. Austin didn’t feel pain from that, but just a tingle but he ignored it and went out of his room.

Austin went to the living and saw his mom and Gaster already sitting on the couch. He sat down near his mom and she stroked his hair a little.

“Now Gaster, you may proceed with what you were saying.” the woman said to Gaster.

“Right, you remember that little blackout when I took Austin to check on him when he was a baby, right?” Gaster asked to woman.

“My husband told me that there was a blackout, but I must of been sleeping when it happened... why you ask?” The woman asked Gaster.

“Well as I checked his soul power, it started to increase rapidly and his power unleashed which caused that blackout.” Gaster said to the woman.

“W-what, why didn’t you tell me before?!?” The woman asked angrily.

“Because I didn’t want to scare you and assume your child can be a threat to society.” Gaster explained.

“So my son caused that blackout?” The woman asked curiously.

“Yes he did, but it was because he had so much power storing up in him that he had to discard it.” Gaster said to the woman and the child.

“Okay, but are we talking about the blackout or something else you have in mind.” the woman asked Gaster.

“It is something else. Your child might be part in... an ancient prophecy.” Gaster said to the woman.

“An ancient prophecy?” The woman asked curiously.

Gaster snapped his fingers and the book that the group saw in the hospital room appeared. He scrolled through the pages and found the page he was looking for. The woman was reading the prophecy and didn’t believe him.

“You really expect me to believe that my son is in this prophecy that is maybe a thousand years old?” The woman said with a disbelief tone.

“Yes, but I understand that you don’t want to believe it, you want to protect your son from any harm, but the prophecy never lies... mostly.” Gaster argued with the woman.

“But he hasn’t shown any form of magic, we tried but he couldn’t do it.” the woman said to Gaster.

“It may perhaps that when he dispersed his magic at birth he might need time to recharge it again.” Gaster theorized.

“But he is now 5 years old, his magic should be back by now.” The woman said to Gaster.

“Well it may need more time to be back to normal.” Gaster explained to the woman.

“I just find it weird that his soul powers isn’t back yet.” The woman said worriedly to Gaster.

“Well maybe Austin have seen something weird, have you seen anything strange Austin?” Gaster questioned Austin.

“Well, when I got up I couldn’t grab my glasses and I was gonna get my mommy to help, but then a black thingy was on my back. It helped me get my glasses for me.” Austin explained to Gaster.

“Was it a tentacle that helped you Austin?” Gaster questioned him again.

“Yeah, how did you know?” Austin asked Gaster.

“Because it is right behind you.” Gaster said to Austin.

Austin looked back and saw his tentacle friend. The tentacle was waving at the woman, Gaster and Austin.

“Oh hi Squishy, you did want to come and see them after all.” Austin said happily. The tentacle nodded and rubbed itself on Austin’s cheek, which made Austin giggle a bit.

“Squishy? You named the tentacle?” The woman questioned his son.

“Yeah he likes that name mommy.” Austin said happily to his mom.

“So his powers are coming back.” Gaster said to the woman and Austin.

“But he should only have soul powers like everyone else.” the woman said.

“Not if you are in this prophecy, it is said that a human with the golden soul will have immortality, regeneration, shapeshifting, and the soul powers.” Gaster explained.

“Are you saying my son is going to live forever?” The woman asked curiously and worriedly.

“Not forever, he will be alive for a few hundred years then he will die, or if his soul get absorbed by the darkness in the prophecy, but let’s hope it doesn’t happen.” Gaster explained to the woman.

“A FEW HUNDRED YEARS!!! I’ll be gone by that time!” the woman yelled at Gaster.

“Well if Austin somehow make people around him immortal, he will most likely to choose you first, but I’m not sure if he can or not... anyway I think we are getting a little sided tracked here.” Gaster said to the woman.

“Yeah your right, what do we do then?” The woman asked Gaster.

“Well I was going to train him... but the king and queen of the monsters want me to help build our new town and I have a few ideas to tell them, so I made a solution for that.” Gaster said to the woman and Austin.

“My husband and I train him like responsible parents?” The woman asked.

“Well yes, but also with this.” Gaster said as he took out a test tube with a black substance in it.

“What is that?” The woman and Austin asked in unison.

“This black substance is my magic, but it can take the form of me. However it won’t be the real me so I did a little modifying to it and made his eyes slitted. His eyes can also turn orange, blue or both. He will be your teacher and mentor for the child.” Gaster explained to the two.

“Can he also be my brother?” Austin asked curiously.

“Sure, if he will agree with it,” Gaster said to the child.

“How are you going to put that in him?” The woman asked Gaster.

“Well I was thinking of using a needle to insert it, but I remember that Austin hates needles, so instead it will turn into a gas form and float to Austin, with a little help navigating it with my magic.” Gaster said to the two.

Gaster took out a corkscrew that was keeping the substance in, and released the substance in the air. It was slowly drifting in the air before Gaster used his magic to hover towards Austin. Austin was a little scared of the substance coming towards him but didn’t run away from it. The substance then came close to his head and went through Austin’s ear. After a few seconds of discomfort, the substance was in Austin’s body.

“The substance will give you some tips and tricks of how to use your new powers, as well as strategize your attack and defense patterns. However he will take a few weeks to form his body, so for now your mom and dad can help with the training.” Gaster said to the child.

“Oh thank you very much Gaster, I’ll be nice to him and pay close attention on what he says.” Austin said happily to Gaster.

“I know you will, most kids hate paying attention, but you love it just as much as I like to pay attention.” Gaster said to the child with a little chuckle. “Well I better go, the king and queen, as well as my own sons will be worried if I don’t come back, but I’ll try to check up on you and see the progress,” Gaster said to the two.

“Thank you very much for helping my son and he will have a least a friend to talk to.” the woman said to Gaster.

“Your welcome, but he will need time to trust all of you, but after that he will be nice to you, so don’t get too angry if he is being rude.” Gaster said to the two.

“We won’t or at least try to, thank you for telling me this.” the woman said gladly.

“Your welcome, I wanted to tell you as soon as possible, but then you would of thought your son would be dangerous with those powers.” Gaster said to the woman.

“Well I am still mad about that, but I forgive you. You did bring him in the world after all.” the woman said to Gaster while looking at him with a warm smile.

“I’m a doctor, it’s what I do, see you two later, stay safe.” Gaster said as he waved goodbye and closed the door to the outside. The room then shifted back to the black void once more.

“So that was how you two met.” Shining Armor said to Wingding.

“yes, but we weren’t buddy buddy when I got my form, we had our differences, but we sorted them out and became good friends.” Wingding said to the group.

“It was cute that he named his tentacle friend.” Cadance said to Wingding

“It was cute when he introduced me to his tentacle friend, he said it was his only friend until he went to school.” Wingding said to the group.

“Well I’m glad he have friends, even if they are a tentacle coming out of his back.” Celestia said to Wingding.

“Indeed, now this is the last memory, the memory of when Austin... lost everything,” Wingding said in a sad tone. The group looked at each other with a sad look. “If any of you get scared, I can stop the memory or you can cover your eyes if you wish.” Wingding said to the group. They all nodded and the room shifted for the last time.

The room shifted outside of the house that the woman and Austin was in and the male figure was outside as well. They were playing in the morning, playing chase, kicking a ball around, any family that should have fun. They all lied on the ground and was looking at the clouds. The group aww’d at the sight of this family having fun. All of that changed when dark clouds was forming. The morning sky was then filled with dark clouds, the humans were confused and scared of why these dark clouds appeared so fast. The humans and the group saw a figure hovering in the dark sky. It was tall but skinny, a cape that almost looked bat-like and had bones on every inch of its body, two skulls on each of its shoulders, bones on its cape and bones on each side of its torso. They also notice that it had red slits for the eyes and no mouth. Around it was dark creatures with red eyes and on the ground were machines that the humans and the ponies have never seen before.

“Humans of this world, I am Queen Necrafa, bringer of terror and devastation. If you don’t give me the child named Austin to me right now, then I’ll force him to come to me and make you all suffer in the process.” Queen Necrafa spoke to the humans.

The humans and even the ponies were scared of this queen. Some humans went in side to call the cops and some still staring. Necrafa looked at the house where Austin is and stared in his eyes.

“Found you, Golden Child. Minions and droids, capture the child and bring him to me and enslave these humans to build my new empire along the way!” Necrafa spoke to her minions and droids.

All of a sudden the machines on the ground started to march toward the town, while Necrafa’s minions were flying in the sky. The droids were shooting blaster shoots at the humans and blowing up their homes with advance tanks. While this was happening, the man and the woman didn’t know what to do, so they took there son to the house. As they were about to reach the house, a missile directly hit the house and sent the three flying a few feet. The group gasped at the horrible sights, some of them were shaking a bit, but Fluttershy was on the floor shaking like crazy. As Austin woke up a few seconds later, he saw his mother in some debris that used to be the house. He went over and tried to help his mother out of there, but he was too weak to lift the heavy wood. Desperate to help his mom, he tried to use his tentacles that became more over time to help his mom, it still wasn’t enough. He started to cry as he was trying so desperately to get his mom out, but then the wood was starting to be lifted up. He turned to his side and his father was moving the wooden debris out of the way. He watched as he was lifting the wood. The two of them looked at the sky and ground. They both saw that the robots and her minions were coming there way.

“Son listen to me, head to the forest outside of the town and don’t look back.” the dad said to Austin while on his knees and put his hand on Austin’s shoulders.

“B-but papa they might hurt you and I want to s-stay by your side.” Austin said in tears.

“I know son, but you are in too much danger. Don’t worry we will meet you in the forest, now go, now!” The dad said to Austin.

Austin then gave his dad a hug and he returned it back. Austin then broke the hug and shapeshifted into a blue hedgehog with running shoes. He started to bolt out of the town. As the dad saw his son leave, he saw Necrafa coming toward him. As Austin was running, he heard a man yell in the distance. He recognized that scream, it was his father. He stopped and wanted to go back, but he made a promise to not look back. As he was going to run again, something was coming towards him... it was a missile.

“AUSTIN LOOK OUT!!!” Celestia screamed at the memory, but her voice couldn’t be heard.

The missile exploded not to far from him but the impact sent him away at least a few feet. He collapsed on the floor and returned to his child form. The group looked in terror as Austin was on the ground. After 30 seconds, Austin got back up and was dazed by the explosion. He stood up and felt intense pain from his left arm. He was holding his left arm with his right to not make it hurt so much. It took a few seconds before his vision became a little clear and proceeded to go to the forest. As he was running, three droids spotted him running.

“Hey, is that the kid we need to bring to the queen?” One of the droids asked.

“Yeah that’s the Golden Child, get him!” the droid said before starting a chase.

The ponies saw the child running for his life as the droids were right behind him. They were then at the cliff that Austin had jumped.

“Surrender now or we’ll take you by force to the queen!” one of the droids said.

Austin looked at the droids and the cliff a few times before turning away from the droids and jumped off the cliff.

“AUSTIN!!!” The group said in unison with tears streaming on there faces.

As they saw him fall to his death, they saw a dark blue aura surround him and he vanished. The room then shifted back to the black void, then back to the Canterlot dining room. All of them were crying from what had happened to Austin. Austin then opened his eyes and saw all of the ponies crying, especially Fluttershy and Celestia. Even Rainbow Dash and Tempest started to cry. They all looked at Austin with their teary expressions and they all went to the child and had a group hug. As Austin was being comforted by the ponies, he had tears staining his eyes too.

“Oh Austin, I’m so sorry about what happened, if we knew it was this bad we wouldn’t brought it up if it gave you bad memories.” Celestia said with tears streaming down her face.

“I’m s-sorry too for not telling you all that I w-was part of a prophecy, h-having powers, and w-what happened to my parents sooner.” Austin said with tears running down his face.

Wingding was watching the group cry and couldn’t help himself to shed some tears of his own. He then joined the hug and stayed like that until every pony was calm. About 30 minutes, they all calmed down.

“I was not expecting a queen being that cruel, I thought Chrysalis was bad, but that Queen takes the gold medal.” Twilight said to the group.

“Indeed, her way of getting things is through violence, murder, imprisoning others, and enslaving others, at least in the memory and the prophecy said.” Wingding said to the group.

“And if see finds her way here...” Fluttershy said with a big gulp.

“E-everyone will be in d-danger...” Austin said in a feared tone.

“Well, if she does get here, we won’t go down without a fight!” Rainbow Dash said confidently.

“Dash is right, we won’t let that awful varmin hurt any pony in Equestria, and take Austin away from us!” Applejack said to the rest.

“Yeah!!!” The rest yelled in unison.

“But I d-don’t want you all to be I-involved, she could hurt you or worse.” Austin said in a feared tone.

“But she could do the same if she gets you darling.” Rarity said to the child.

“She is right, if you are captured who knows what she’ll do to you.” Wingding said to the child with his hand on Austin’s shoulder.

“But I don’t want to l-lose you guys t-too.” Austin said sadly.

“I know dear, but you can’t take her on by yourself, not with her army and those other things.” Celestia said to Austin while nuzzling his head.

“If we can form a army of our own, we may stand a chance against her, if she knows where we are.” Wingding said to the rest.

“Well we have the captain of the royal guards right here, so we have an army there.” Celestia said to Wingding while gesturing to Shining.

“That’s good, but let’s not stress with this now, she might not even know where we are yet.” Wingding said to the group.

“He’s right she may not know where Austin is yet, but when she does, she won’t know what hit her!” Luna said confidently.

“For now, we should keep this between only us, we don’t want to cause a panic to the other ponies.” Wingding said to the rest.

“Wingding is right, we don’t want them to be scared and think Austin is the problem. They might demand us to get rid of him, but how can you get rid of this cute little face.” Cadance said as she was smushing Austin’s face.

“I hope you can all keep this conversation a secret, for the ponies and Austin’s safety.” Celestia said to the group. They all nodded in agreement.

“Well hate to ruin the moment, but I got to go train with the Wondercolts, they want me in a hour and I don’t want to be late.” Rainbow said to the rest.

“Yeah I got some baking to do, those cakes won’t bake themselves!” Pinkie pie said excitedly.

“I have some important customers to make dresses and suits for them as well.” Rarity said to the group.

“And I got to get to the farm, those apples won’t buck themselves.” Applejack said as she tip her hat.

“Oh um... I also have to take care of my animal friends... sorry.” Fluttershy said quietly to the group.

“I’ll stay here for a while, I want to know more about humans and there history, as well as Austin’s power too.” Twilight said to the group.

“I’ll head back to the castle to clean up a little.” Spike said to the rest.

“Me and Grubber can stay in the castle, but we are not sure yet.” Tempest said to the group.

“I’ll go with Spike and help clean up as well.” Starlight said to the rest.

“I wish we can stay longer, but our subjects will be worried if we don’t return and also Flurry Heart.” Cadance said to the group. Shining Armor nodded in agreement with Cadance.

“Maybe if Austin is able too go anywhere without Twilight questioning him all day, he can come to Ponyville and see mah farm. I will gladly give ya a tour.” Applejack happily said.

“Yeah and he can come to Sugarcube Corner and get some yummy treats.” Pinkie pie excitedly said.

“And he can come to my boutique so I can make some dazzling outfits for you.” Rarity said happily.

“Um... if he wants to he can come to my cottage and meet my animal friends... if he wants to.” Fluttershy said shyly.

“If he does come to Ponyville, we can give you a tour of the castle.” Starlight said happily.

“Your welcome to come by to the Crystal Empire anytime you want.” Cadance said happily while Shining nodded.

“I w-would like that, t-thank you all.” Austin said shyly but with a happy tone.

“Don’t mention it bucko.” Applejack said as she rubbed Austin’s hair.

“Your welcome Austin Wustin.” Pinkie Pie said as she was jumping up and down excitedly.

“Your most welcome darling.” Rarity said as she nuzzled his head.

“Any time Austin.” Starlight said as she patted his back gently with her hoof.

“Your welcome dear.” Cadance said as she nuzzled his head.

“Well I hope you all have a safe trip back and hope to see you all soon.” Celestia said to the group.

The ponies that were leaving wave at each other and departed to go back home. The ones that stayed was Twilight and Tempest.

“So can I ask you two some questions, please?” Twilight pleaded to the two.

“I don’t see the harm of doing so,” Wingding said to Twilight.

“S-sure it might be fun.” Austin said quietly to Twilight.

“YAY... ahem I mean great, let’s go in another room and talk.” Twilight said as she was jumping up and down like Pinkie Pie.

The two of them looked at each other with confused looks on their faces. Celestia, Luna and Tempest went with them too.

This is going to be a while. Austin thought to himself.


To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

This one is a pretty long one, but it should explain some things in the story and I added a fourth wall break to make it a little funny. I was also thinking of doing some more crossover fanfics, but I’m not sure what. If you guys suggest some to me, I might do them, but for now I’m mainly going to focus on the Golden Child. See you all next time. :twilightsmile: