• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,392 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,392

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

It's a dangerous decision. Who knows what kind of unnatural, unhealthy, or even poisonous things that madmare might have put in her concoction! It might not even be meant to be drunk! For all you know, it's supposed to be injected into your hooves!

...but it's the only liquid you have, and the High Commission is waiting.

Your hooves leaden with dread, you pull out the vial of experimental formula and pop out the stopper.

The fluid is foul as it glides across your tongue, coating it but also loosening all the cheese. It oozes down your throat, thick as syrup, but bitter and sour like bad grapes.

You cough once, dislodging the last of the cheese. At last, your tongue is free! But your speech... how did it go again? What were you going to say?

Just as you start to panic, a sudden surge of warmth and confidence floods your system. It starts in your stomach and radiates out, filling you with a determination like nothing you've ever felt before.

Your worry fades away as a confident smirk settles onto your face.

You've got this!

"Now then, regarding my proposal for what I've been calling the Wonderbolts Revitalization Project. I've spent a great deal of resources analyzing our current organization, public standing, and practical effectiveness versus comparable groups. From that data I've devised a plan that can be broken down into eight major tenets which, if successfully implemented, will propel our organization to new heights like we've never reached before."

The words pour out of your mouth with barely a thought. Grand plans and designs, innovations and upgrades, reorganizations and rebrands. You've thought of everything and it all comes out so naturally it feels amazing that no one ever thought of such obvious solutions before. You recite facts and figures with perfect recall, citing all your sources when asked. You quote famous ponies and snap back with breakdowns of the expected criticisms. There's not a moment of wavering confidence or flagging energy to be found.

You talk for hours, never stopping, never even taking a break. You don't need to! You're on a roll!

And it's all so easy! You barely even have to think about what to say before you've already said it and supported it with three clever arguments. It's like everything about you, everything that makes you Rainbow Dash has been magnified. Your confidence, your memory, your drive to succeed, even your natural charm. It's like you're twice the mare you were five minutes ago!

When you at last finish, the High Commission responds with a standing ovation! Generals, old money backers, retired Wolderbolts, parliament representatives, everypony stands and applauds at your brilliant presentation! Cheers and accolades come from every direction; you even swear you hear someone say you should get a field promotion on the spot!

They begin to file out of the room in high spirits, already discussing how to implement your ideas as quickly as possible. So many ponies shake your hoof you fear it might just fall off! One of them even passes you a Wonderbolt signet ring! Finally, it's only you and Spitfire left.

"I knew I saw something in you, kid. I've seen the Princess give speeches that weren't half as good!" She claps you on the back so hard it nearly knocks you over. "Ha! Keep this up, and I'm gonna be saluting to you soon!"

She exits as well, leaving you alone to privately whoop and dance in victory!

[Your soul fills with a sense of great accomplishment. Subtract two (-2) from your Fear Meter]

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next