• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,381 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,381

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

"Can't we talk about this?" you manage to shout as you juke to the left. Seeing how you don't think you can take down a monster like that, the friendship route is looking pretty promising. Or at least the best of a bad set of options.

You get no response other than a growl and another scythe-like swipe to your face.

"C'mon! I didn't mean to wake you up. Look I'll leave if you want, just let—" you duck a spinning swipe "—me—" fly over a low kick "—get to—" backpedal to avoid another wild charge "—the door!"

Alas, the art of diplomacy seems ineffective against your hairy foe. No matter what you try to say, offer, or beg all you get in response is more grunts and growls and roars. And attacks. The attacks never let up until even you, prime athlete that you are, start to get tired. It's not just the flying and dodging—you could do that all day—but it's constantly having to be on your guard and ready to move in a split second's notice that wears your mental focus down to the wire.

But when you're fighting for your life, all it takes is one mistake and eventually, given enough time and fatigue, even you make a one. A wild uppercut catches you off guard, coming in from your blind spot as you try to roll away. There's a flash of pain as you hit the ground hard, skidding among the wrecked furniture. In seconds the beast is upon you, slavering jaws descending like the gaping maw of Tartarus itself. In your last moments before darkness consumes you, you wonder if Twilight would have had better luck trying to friendship the problem away.

[Talk is only good if you have the strength to back it up. Add one (+1) to your Fear Meter]


"An interesting strategy," Trixie muses once you return to the realm of consciousness back in the mansion's foyer. "I didn't expect you to try and talk things out with a monster."

She's changed her costume, you notice. Some kind of weird buckball uniform in what looks like Buckton Hills colors with the number 42. It might even look good if it wasn't for her insufferable grin ruining it.

"What'd you expect me to do? Pull off a sonic rainboom in that tiny room?" What does she know, anyway? She never had to fight for her life against an angry monster. You did the best you could with what you had.

"Whatever," Trixie dismisses you with a wave of her hoof. "By the way, did you know werewolves only went extinct in the last two hundred years? That's when Princess Celestia cleared out the last pack."

You stop just before you left the sound of her voice behind. "Wait, really?" Werewolves were real?

She nods. "That, or they suddenly got a lot better at blending in with ponies. Worked for the changelings. Who knows?" She grins and you can see a set of plastic pointy teeth in her mouth. "Maybe you know one already."

You roll your eyes and make yourself scarce. Yeah right. As if somepony you know was actually a secret werewolf.


There doesn't seem to be anything to interact with in this room, but there are three hallways that branch off that head LEFT, FORWARD, and RIGHT.

If your Fear Meter is full, you must select the fourth option.

Author's Note:

Congratulations! You've found a hidden collectible! Trixie Costume #4 ["London All-Star"]

Try to find all 20 of them!

Art provided by amadeus_sano

PreviousChapters Next