• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,388 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,388

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

Your Wand of Summoning leaves a sparkling trail in the air as its gentle tug guides you through a complex sweeping gesture. You slam it into the ground for the big finish, scattering motes of yellow light from the impact.

Almost immediately the wooden floorboards around you rupture and five zombies claw their way out of the ground. You recognize them immediately, but not as the same zombies you fought before. No, these look like zombified versions of ponies you know from around town. Zecora, Derpy, Thunderlane, Granny Smith, and Bulk Biceps (recognizable even without his head).

They're less rotted than the ones you fought, mostly they're just green with a few big wounds but even those look less gory.

They launch themselves at the filly-monster the moment they're free, charging in with snarls and growls like a pack of attack dogs. You move to follow, but Zombie Granny Smith gestures for you to stay back. The monster lashes out with her hair, the strands clumping together into clawed tentacles. Zombie Thunderlane goes down to a direct hit the the face, but the rest receive only glancing blows.

Since they're undead and don't need to breathe, the oppressive atmosphere isn't affecting them. Not being able to feel fear probably plays a part in their mad charge as well.

Zombie Bulk hits her with a full-body tackle, sending the hovering creature to the floor. She thrashes against him, but for the moment, his size trumps her strength. Half her hair tentacles turn from engaging the others to trying to pry him off. Zombie Derpy and Zecora leap at her distraction, dogpiling the returning tentacles to keep them occupied.

She shrieks again, her jaw making an awful cracking sound as it breaks and unhinges before loosing a torrent of foul goo like a broken fountain. It drenches herself, the zombies, and the edge of the splash zone even manages to reach you all the way in the back. It's water, but dirty and brackish, smelling of death and filled with bits of pond weed.

While you cough and gag from the bit that went in your mouth, the zombies fight on, wholly unaffected.

For all the monster-filly's inequine strength and extra limbs, pound for pound she's clearly outmatched. The zombies think nothing of a snapped limb, a drowning deluge, or even a broken neck. She screams and screams, but step by step your allies begin to push her back towards the inky puddle and then into it. They clutch tight to her legs and hair, dragging her down into the ink now thick as tar.

Soon they vanish beneath the surface, as does she quickly after with one final blood-curdling shriek that's cut off as black fills her mouth.

The puddle bubbles for a moment before bursting into flames, flash-drying your fur and charring the bookshelves, and swiftly burning down to nothing.

A cheery chime confirms your victory over this room, those you're not quite as happy as you could be. A strange melancholy fills your heart as you look at the spot where your zombie allies descended, now solid floor once more. You didn't know them very long and they were probably just magical projections anyway, but they still wore the faces of your friends and they sacrificed themselves to help you. You only wish you had a hat to take off as you honor them with a moment of silence.

Your quiet contemplation is soon broken by the arrival of your reward. A metal bucket, similar to what you'd find in a well, filled with more of that dirty water you were doused with earlier. You almost consider leaving it behind, if only so it doesn't spill and stink up the rest of you items, but in the end you decide to trust in Starlight's spells to prevent that from happening. The Bucket of Well Water fits into your Inventory easily, despite initially looking too big.

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next