• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,376 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,376

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

The zombies make the first move, a former purple pegasus lurching in from your left. You dodge to the side and reply with a kick to its side, sending it stumbling into red earth pony.

That acts as the signal for all Tartarus to break loose.

You met a green stallion's charge with a body slam of your own, equal forces keeping you both in place while a blind buck sends a blue mare's neck spinning the wrong way with a sickening crunch. Not that that deters her from standing right back up again.

You take to the air before diving back down and slamming into the spine of a furless earth pony, hopefully taking her out of the fight.

The song of battle thrums in your veins, a symphony of adrenaline and electricity that guides your hooves in an intricate ballet of carnage. It's been so long since you've been free to let loose like this. Not since all your villains turned into sneaky mastermind types. Sure, friendship is usually the best approach in the long run, but sometimes it just feels really good to punch something silly. A strange pleasure in executing the skills needed to hold one zombie's snapping jaws in a headlock while using its own flailing body to deflect sneak attacks. A strange, almost meditative calm in the heat of combat.

No-fur manages to crawl back into the fight with a broken back, but even she gives up after you suplex the big red stallion into her. You're not sure what happened to blue-fur-no-ribs, except that you apparently hit some sweet spot that made her completely fall to pieces.

And so the fight is reduced to three combatants. The purple mare missing a wing (now both), the green stallion without a jaw or eyeball, and you, filthy with dirt and viscera but still with all your parts.

Purple snarls and charges, her wing stumps wiggling uselessly, and Green responds in kind from your other side. You wait... wait... then step back at the last second, letting both of them crash into one another in a mess of tangled limbs and organs. After a minute of struggling and damaging each other further, they lie still like the rest.

A cheerful chime announces your victory. The bodies quickly dissolve into motes of light that rise to the ceiling and disappear, as does the glass case around your prize and, thankfully, all the blood and guts on your coat. Thank Celestia for magic and illusions.

You go over to insect your prize. Just like you guessed, it's a magic wand. A long rod with a spiraling groove like a unicorn's horn carved into it that divides it into red and white halves. It's capped with a star-shaped gem that glows with a warm yellow light like the midday sun.

As you grab it, a series of words spelled out in light appear in the air before you.

Wand of Summoning [Rank A]
>Summons five (5) loyal zombie allies who will fight for you
In the darkest days, sometimes it helps to call on a friend.

You have just enough time to read it before the letters pop into tiny fireworks and disappear.

"Zombie allies, huh?" You wonder if it'll bring back the same ones you just fought against or create five random new zombies from scratch. Either way, it's a handy tool to have in a pinch. You store the Wand of Summoning in your Inventory.

Satisfied in your victory, you head for the door.

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next