• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,380 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,380

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

The monster filly shrieks at you again, her body flicking and stuttering like the reflection of a candle flame.

You can handle her. Even with her freaky long legs she's barely your size and you're mostly muscle compared to her skin and bones and whatever other horrors she's got under the surface.

"Alright kid," you say as you crack your hoof knuckles. "I think that's enough scary stories for one night. Time to put you to bed. We came do this the easy way or the hard way. What's it gonna be?"

In response, she unhinges her jaw and vomits a blast of something at you like a broken fire hose.

Now soaked through and liberally embellished with pond weeds, you thank your quick reflexes for shutting your mouth in the nick of time. It's only water, thankfully, but gross bog water that stinks of decay. It takes a lot of your mental fortitude to not heave at the smell or at he sensation of slick plant bits sliding off your back and neck.

"Alright, hard way it is!"

You charge at her, pumping your wings for extra speed. If you're lucky, one swift blow to the head will be enough to knock her lights out and end the fight quick and easy. You don't doubt that the squirt gun impression is the only freaky trick up her sleeve and you'd rather not draw it out to see how she escalates.

She flickers more harshly than usual, then suddenly vanishes completely and reappears a few feet to the side. You whiff right by, missing her entirely. Just perfect. She's a teleporter too.

You reach the back wall, brace against it and use that to give yourself a burst of airborne speed heading back. It's tight quarters to fly in, but being in the air will let you change direction much faster if she dodges again. She shoots another blast of water, following your afterimage as you evade her path of fire. It's not strong enough to hurt, but it'll knock you out of the air and leave you dangerously vulnerable for several seconds.

You strafe past, hitting her in the gut with a side kick that sends her flying back into the bookcase. Half-buried, she growls like an animal and starts throwing books at you. She must be stronger than she looks because those books are hefty enough to do damage and she's throwing them one-hoofed without effort.

You spin and dodge her projectiles with relative ease as you look for an opening to strike. Suddenly you're forced to dive as her pattern changes and the book fusillade triples.

Just like you were worried about, she's pulled out another trick.

Her thick hair has clumped together to form a set of clawed tentacles, each strong enough to grab and throw books on their own, with two lifting her up in replacement for her bony legs.

As much as you hate to admit it, this isn't looking good for you. She has you outgunned and has at least two ranged attacks to your none. No obvious weaknesses either. On the other hoof, at this moment she's about as far away from the door as she can get. If you're quick enough, then maybe it's time to call a tactical retreat.

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next