• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,382 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,382

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

You know you need to come to a decision, but you hesitate.

This haunted house has already thrown so many weird and scary things at you already that it's got you sitting on tenterhooks. Too many more and you'll reach peak Fluttershy: jumping at every shifting shadow and groaning wood. You need to be absolutely sure of your decision.

And so you wait. You hesitate on the precipice and consider your options over and over. Risk one of your items? It's the safest for you right now, but what if later you have to face down something even worse without it? Jump in? You could, but you pride yourself on being brave, not suicidally reckless!

You become so wrapped up in your swirling maelstrom of thought that you fail to notice the door starting to close. But it becomes hard not to notice once the solid metal picks up speed to slam into your backside and boot you into the room. You scream, wings and legs flailing in surprise as you struggle to right yourself in the air. But between the suddenness of it and your own mounting fear, even basic flight is hard to manage.

A clunking sound fills the room. Heavy and staccato like the steps of some great steel giant. You gasp as a sudden sharp pain covers your body, like every hair being plucked out at once. Suddenly there's a great pressure all around you, like you've been teleported to the bottom of the ocean. As you start to pass out from the sudden shift, the last thing you notice is dark shapes approaching you at high speed from all four walls.

[This ghastly fright rattles your soul. Add +1 to your Fear Meter].


You blink a few times as light returns, finding yourself standing in the foyer of the mansion as if nothing had happened. But what did happen? It all went by so quickly you don't even know what the scare was supposed to be. Drowning? Things in the dark? Fear of mechanical maintenance?

"Did you enjoy playing my game?" You look upwards to where Trixie gloats from her balcony. She's wearing what looks like a fancy suit, but her face is all painted up like a creepy doll with spiral cheeks. "That may have been my best piece of work on this project. The kind of fright that really makes you appreciate being alive."

"Ugh, sure." You're not sure how to tell her you can't figure out what it was supposed to be. It feels like it'd be mean to knock her down when she looks so pleased with herself. Even if it is Trixie.

Safest bet is probably to ignore the issue entirely and hope she doesn't come asking for details afterward. With that in mind, you turn your attention to picking a new direction to explore.


There doesn't seem to be anything to interact with in this room, but there are three hallways that branch off that head LEFT, FORWARD, and RIGHT.

If your Fear Meter is full, you must select the fourth option.

Author's Note:

Congratulations! You've found a hidden collectible! Trixie Costume #16 ["Would You Like to Play a Book?"]

Try to find all 20 of them!

Art provided by memes_froggay

PreviousChapters Next