• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,389 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,389

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

Your heart leaps into your throat as the implications dawn on you.

A minute—even less now—to fight your way out before you're trapped in the dark with Celestia knows how many spiders and their dripping fangs and grabby legs and sticky webbing bits already dripping and ready to tie you down just like the changelings did leaving you weak and totally helpless and—

No.

No, not again. These aren't changelings, they're just spiders. And spiders don't have a seat at the Council of Creatures if you start squishing them.

You reach into your bag for a weapon. Anything will do. Anything to give you an edge. Your hoof clenches around a long wooden shaft. The broom? Why not? It's a stick with more sticks at the end. In fact, it sounds perfect for spiders.

You brandish the broom before you like a fencer, hovering in place to give yourself the fullest range of motion. Spiders throw themselves at you like moths to a flame, yet none stick their landing. All are knocked from the sky by your mighty broom and squished by its dense bristles. You thank your lucky stars that their shells aren't made of stronger stuff.

The battle is short but brutal. With the extra reach you make short work of them without so much as getting your hooves dirty. The broom bats them aside with surprising force, turning even glancing blows into a useful knockback. There's still a little light left in the lantern when the last one falls and curls up in defeat.

With a little musical chime, the light quickly surges back to full brightness. Before you can mourn too much for your foes, their bodies start to vanish, twinkling and dissolving away into little more than motes of light.

Motes of light and an old rubber boot.

It appears directly in your path, such that you can't miss it while leaving. It's a bit weathered and worn, but with a thick sole and a long forward bit. Dragon-sized maybe?

Whatever. It'll probably be good for something eventually. You pick it up and put it in your bag.

The irony is not lost on you that you received a Squishing Boot as a reward for killing spiders.

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next