• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,388 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,388

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

Fear slows the world down to a crawl.

A spider, airborne, hangs in the air before you, frozen in time. No, not frozen. Even now in your adrenaline-fueled state of hyper-awareness it's inching forward, inexorably descending towards your face. Fangs dripping, legs splayed, webbing leaking from its back end, white and sticky and ready to tie down your wings—

Before you even realize what's happening you lash out, striking the beast so hard it splits down the middle, coating the end of your stick in green viscera.

Your stick. The one you got from that angry tree. Somehow you've managed to pull it from your bag and arm yourself. It makes sense, after all, what better to defeat spiders with than a big whacking stick?

As if the death of the first was a signal, the rest begin to make their move. You grimace in grim determination. You've got your weapon and you're more than ready to take them on.

The battle is short but brutal. With the extra reach offered by your stick (and its sharpened end), you're able to smash, slash, and stab you way through the insect horde before any of them can get close enough to so much as touch you. The stick cuts through them like butter, turning even clumsy flailing into devastating strikes. There's still a little light left in the lantern when the last one falls and curls up in defeat.

With a little musical chime, the light quickly surges back to full brightness. Before you can mourn too much for your foes, their bodies start to vanish, twinkling and dissolving away into little more than motes of light.

Motes of light and an old rubber boot.

It appears directly in your path, such that you can't miss it while leaving. It's a bit weathered and worn, but with a thick sole and a long forward bit. Dragon-sized maybe?

Whatever. It'll probably be good for something eventually. You pick it up and put it in your bag.

The irony is not lost on you that you received a Squishing Boot as a reward for killing spiders.

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next