• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,388 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,388

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

All of a sudden, it finally dawns on you why this mare seems so familiar.

She's your friends. Or parts of them.

She's what happens if you mix Pinkie's wild energy and enthusiasm with Twilight's need to learn and passion for magic. You get a hyperactive researcher who's doesn't have the self-control to know when to stop.

Now that you know it, it's easy to see that "mix parts of Twilight and Pinkie" is exactly what Starlight did. The signs are even in her body. Pinkie's pudgier frame with Twilight's long neck. Pinkie's mane tamed into waves and tied back. Twilight's high brow paired with Pinkie's dimples. It's like looking at their daughter.

Their completely mad, bonkers-insane, wants-to-chop-you-up-into-potion-ingredients daughter.

On the other hoof, if she has all the quirks of her... mothers? No, that's a weird road you do not want to wander down. Templates? Good enough. If she has all the quirks of her templates then the tricks you know to handle them might work with her as well.

And when either Pinkie or Twilight starts to fall into one of their super-focused states where they get totally tunnel-vision to anything outside their goal, there's one sure-fire way to knock them out of it.

"Hey look! What's that?" You point behind her.

"Huh? What's what?" The moment she turns away—

"Boot to the head!"

—you whack her upside the head with the Boot from your Inventory.

There's no need for it to be a boot specifically. For Twilight you usually use a book and a baking sheet or frying pan for Pinkie. Either way, a sudden shock usually works just fine to snap them out of it, then they apologize, you apologize and everypony gets on with their day.

Simple as pie.

…Except the witch isn't getting back up. You didn't hit her that hard. Twilight would have walked that right off. Pinkie might not even have noticed. And yet she doesn't look like she'll be getting up anytime soon from where she collapsed bonelessly to the floor.

You sneak a hoof around, wary for sneak attacks, and stick it under her muzzle to check for breathing. Great. She's still alive. No sign of blood either.

You wait, but there's no bell or chime or anything to signify that you've beaten the room. You could just stick around and wait for her to get up... but that sounds incredibly boring. You're here to have fun and get scared (and to make a point to Trixie). None of which is getting done just hanging around.

Finding the hidden lever she pulled before takes a minute, but once you do, pulling it the other way retracts the restraint platform away and also lifts the portcullis on the door.

You check her one last time before quietly making your exit.


There are six paths open to you from this point. There's a DOOR next to you and also two across the hall. The hallway itself continues both to the LEFT and RIGHT and also has a secondary path splitting off to your RIGHT.

PreviousChapters Next