• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,388 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,388

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

"Eat hoof, dustbucket!" is your battle cry of choice as you launch yourself at the beast. Your first punch connects, a solid hit that knocks a whole chunk out of its chest. If it's that weak then they'll be a piece of cake!

You attack with a flurry of blows, trading technique and discipline for sheer volume. A little bit of its body gets knocked off with each hit, slowly but surely carving a hole into its chest. You strike and strike and strike and strike! The monster’s clumsy counterattacks are ineffective and barely bat you to the side.

You grab onto it as you dig deeper into its body, clawing and tearing away the material by the hoofful. There has to be a core or a heart or something in the middle keeping it all together! With more dust being thrown into the air every second, it gets harder and harder to see. Eventually you slow down; not even you can keep the frantic pace up forever.

That’s when you notice how hard it’s getting to move.

Your back legs are stuck fast in place and you can’t lift your wings at all. You crane your neck to look behind, only for your eyes to widen in horror.

The dust is returning.

All the damage you’ve done, all the dust you’ve ripped off and thrown about the room is slowly pulling itself back to the main body, just like when it first formed.

Only now you’re half inside it, and the dust has started to reform the body around you, cinching against your wings and lower legs.

As if keen to your sudden awareness, the thick coat of dust you’ve accumulated on your body tightens like a vice, squeezing you from every angle and pulling you deeper. Darkness quickly consumes your vision, as a heavy pressure compresses you from all sides. You take one last desperate gasp for air—and get only dust—before blacking out.

[Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Add one (+1) to your Fear Meter].


Air!

Sweet, sweet air!

You breathe as deeply as your dust-free lungs will allow, letting that precious air flow in and fill your body. Each inhale is bliss, each exhale a sad sorrow. You never realized how much you appreciated something as simple as air until this very moment.

If only the moment wasn’t destined to be ruined.

“Oi, oi, Madam Dazh!” The sound of an incredibly fake accent drags you kicking and screaming out of your moment of reverie. “Zuch un incrédíblé mezz you be making! Und who do you tink iz going to be cleaning it up? Not moi!

Trixie stands atop her podium, expression comically aghast. You may not be the most knowledgeable pony when it comes to languages of the world, but you’ve heard Rarity talk in Prench often enough that you know that Trixie is doing it badly. And that no one in Prance actually wears that kind of maid outfit.

“But, alaz, it zeems the mezz haz cleaned up you, haz it not? Oi, hon hon hon, hon hon, hon!” She laughs into the side of her hoof, like the villainess on the cover of some of Rarity’s trashy novels.

You could call her out on it, but she might be expecting that and have a comeback ready. No, what you need is a zinger of your own to catch her off guard. Luckily, she’s practically lined one up for you.

“Y’know, I thought the giant bunny was bad enough, but I never thought I’d have to face big ham as well.”

Trixie freezes as her face slowly goes through several shades of purple until the crimson red finally wins out and overpowers her coat’s blue. Whether it’s from embarrassment or anger, you have no idea, so either way you beat a hasty retreat before you’re forced to endure another tirade of badly accented Prench.


There doesn't seem to be anything to interact with in this room, but there are three hallways that branch off that head LEFT, FORWARD, and RIGHT.

If your Fear Meter is full, you must select the fourth option.

Author's Note:

Congratulations! You've found a hidden collectible! Trixie Costume #3 ["Sweep It Under The Rug"]

Try to find all 20 of them!

Art provided by toaster21648

PreviousChapters Next