• Published 28th Oct 2020
  • 1,327 Views, 5 Comments

Derpy's Relaxation - Zubric



Derpy tries a new way to relax after work.

  • ...
22
 5
 1,327

Derpy's Relaxation

Derpy Hooves wiped her brow as she trotted into her home her wings feeling tired and sore. “Oh my, those sure were some big parcels today.” She said to herself as she headed up the stairs to her room. The soft birdsong heard from the nearby tree outside her window made the mare smile as she took off her post office hat and carefully unbuttoned her uniform. Hanging it up, she stretched out her wings, giving them a fluffer as she slowly began to spread out like a cat while working out all the kinks. Once finished, she looked into the mirror and began brushing a hoof through her frazzled mane.

After such a stressful day at work, the pegasus most definitely needed a way to relax. There were plenty of ways of doing so of course, one of her favorites being baking muffins of various kinds. Today, however, she wanted to try something new that had been suggested to her when she’d wandered into the wrong store by mistake.

The shop, from a casual glance would appear to be like many others with various rows and shelves of colourful boxes filled with all sorts of paraphernalia for whatever the store offered.

“Hello, Miss.” A black coated earth pony stallion at the counter said as Derpy wandered inside.

Derpy glanced around the room at the shelves confused. “Oh, this is the wrong store, oops.” She said with a faint blush.

The stallion just smiled, his golden colored, straight locked mane and tail smoothly combed. “May I ask what you were looking for?”

Derpy looked at the colourful boxes nearby. “Well, I was just heading to the convenience store to buy some tea to help me relax,” She replied. “What is this place, exactly?”

“It’s a store for... well...” The stallion paused, figuring out just how to phrase it. “For, shall we say ‘Niche Hobbies’.”

Derpy really wasn’t the type to judge ponies badly, always one to look on the bright side of life. Even so, the phrase aroused her curiosity. “Oh, like what kinds?”

The stallion rubbed his neck. “There are a few hobbies that could count as relaxing. Not for everypony, though.”

Derpy tilted her head. “I was looking for something new to try.” That led to a conversation which had gone on for a few minutes as the stallion explained just what this “hobby” involved.

Despite knowing the details, Derpy still bought a few items to try. And as the memory from earlier ended, she opened her closet to pull out the box with said items. “Now let’s see,” Taking a small booklet from atop the pile, she took a glance at the cover. “How To Be a Foal: Being young at any age.” The picture was of a mare wearing a diaper and having a pacifier in her mouth.

Opening it, Derpy read over the first section which was straightforward enough, telling her that diapers were an important step to “getting into the proper state of mind”.

“Sounds simple enough.” Derpy remarked as she slid out a small six pack of diapers that the store owner had suggested. The packaging itself was blue with the text “Design Your Own Diaper” printed on it. The mare leaned closer to read it finding three simple instructions on how to use them. Step one was to (of course) put them on. Step two involved closing your eyes and imagining what they looked like. And for step three, once a tingle was felt the wearer opened their eyes to witness the results.

Derpy wasted no time as she opened the package, pulling out a solid white diaper ready to be designed. She laid down, unfolding the garment before getting her tail into the back. Despite not indenting to use the diaper, she added powder anyway since the book said so. The small sample bottle she’d bought would do for now. With that out of the way she pulled the diaper up, taping it snugly into place. She shifted her legs, getting used to the new feeling. “Hehe. Wow, these are soft!”


Clumsily at first, Derpy rose to her hooves, getting used to the new mass. Glancing back at the mirror, she rapped her chin while trying to figure out what she wanted. After some contemplation, she chose to do it step by step and work on the leak guards first. Closing her eyes, Derpy began to cycle through various colors, from red to pink to yellow. None of them quite seemed to work as she tried to decide. After some time, she looked deep inside herself and suddenly made her choice.

Closing her eyes once more, Derpy focused on the thought of bright orange, feeling the magical tingle. Opening her eyes, she saw that the leak guards and tail hole now had that lovely color adorning it, and she gave the diaper a pat. “Hmm, now I have to pick a pattern.” Her first thought of course was muffins, but that seemed a little too obvious. She needed something that fit the whole foal thing.

Suddenly letting out a gasp, Derpy repeated the process as primary shapes began appearing along the surface in the same vibrant orange color. “Ooh, pretty.” Derpy cooed while wagging her flank from side to side. Having a bit of fun with the moment, she focused her thoughts on making it a bit thicker. To her surprise, the diaper expanded just a bit, spreading her legs apart by half a hoof or so.

To complement her new attire, the mare waddled over to her dresser and pulled open her sock drawer. Rummaging around inside, she quickly found a long pair of white and yellow striped socks. They were quite soft as she slipped them up each of her legs. Finishing off her little dress up, she tied a small ribbon into a bow on her mane. Once done, she looked back at the book to read on. “Foals have fun playing with their meals. It also makes for a perfect bonding. experience. If alone, try to mess about.”

Derpy thought it over as she waddled down the hall. “Hmm, what do I have that is a meal a foal would have?” She wasn’t too worried about being seen since her curtains in her kitchen were still drawn. Only having a minor struggle on the stairs, she happily made her way into her kitchen. She felt a little sheepish for having not asked to borrow a bottle to try. After all, foals always seemed to like them. Opening one of her cupboards: the idea of what to eat struck Derpy quite literally as a small bag of oatmeal fell down into her head.

Derpy laughed as she picked up the small bag. “Yeah, that will work,” Moving to a drawer nearby, she slid it open and retrieved a brightly coloured blue spoon she’d gotten during an impulse buy. “Hehe, what foal would be complete without a matching spoon?” Setting the spoon down at the table, she went about making oatmeal, humming gently as she did. And on the plus side, she’d have something to eat for breakfast tomorrow.

Once she’d finished, the pegasus took a full bowl to the table and sat down. Derpy smiled a little more as she gripped the spoon and scooped some up. She proceeded to fly it around making sounds. After all, the book did say to play with her food. She would have flung some onto the wall but she didn’t feel like cleaning up such a mess. She swished her spoon around some more before eating it, repeating the proceeds for each bite. A few times she let the spoon rub on her cheek to get oatmeal stuck to it. It left her feeling free and joyful, not that she wasn’t always one to be upbeat most of the time.

Once done with her meal, Derpy waddled her way back to her room and peeked into the next part of the book. “Foals love playtime,” She read aloud, seeing the various images of toys. “Playing can let a foal forget about the world and just focus on their imagination.” Her smile widened as she retrieved the toys she’d purchased from the store. The nice stallion had even told her she could return then if she wanted to afterwards. She’d been pretty modest and had gotten a dozen blocks or so, a ball that jingled when rolled,and a classic rattle.

Examining the blocks first, Derpy found red markings on each corner. Taking a glance at the small sheet that came with them, she saw an image showing hooves pulling on opposite corners. Taking grip of one of the top and bottom she gently pulled and eeped when they grew to twice their original size. The pegasus giggled some feeling almost smaller with blocks so big (which she figured was the point).

After making sure she could shrink the blocks back down afterwards, Derpy began to do the simplest task of all as she stacked them. Finding a few with letters, she carefully spelled “FOAL” while going from the top down. On occasion, she would bounce a little on her padded bottom, receiving crinkles and a pretty soft feeling in return. Given the blocks’ unique size, she was quick to find that she had to stand up and reach to put the fifth block on the top much like a foal would. A rush of glee ran through her as she carefully set it on top, observing as the tower swayed just slightly.

On impulse, Derpy grabbed the rattle and swung it like a bat, knocking her tower to the floor! A feeling inside her soon came out as a laughing fit as she felt any sort of stress just fade. “No wonder foals have so much fun.”


As all things eventually do, the sun slowly set with the pegasus yawning as she looked at her mini mess of toys before her. “Hmmm, time for bed.”

Reaching into her closet, Derpy pulled out a soft red teddy bear and gave it a hug. Waddling her way to her bed, she climbed in and got comfy, hearing all the rustles from the diaper. It was sort of funny how she’d gotten used to the feeling.

“Mmh, night teddy.“ The pegasus mumbled as she got comfy and looked out the gap in the curtains, just able to see the moon rising. Closing her eyes, she smiled again. Maybe she’d give this another go sometime.

Author's Note:

:pinkiesmile: Don't forget to comment if you enjoyed.

Comments ( 5 )

Wholesome and cute. Made me smile.

So cute! Derpy always puts a smile on my face!

Aww, how adorable! Looks like Derpy has found a new way to relax.

This was simple but cute. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment