• Published 3rd Nov 2020
  • 217 Views, 8 Comments

Cutting In: An Odd Romance Story - Betty_Starlight



Lyra and Bonbon decide to take a new lover for companionship.

  • ...
 8
 217

Chapter Four: Lyra Heartstrings

Doris wakes up in the forehooves of a green pony. She feels the legs wrapped around her and embrace tighten as she tries to move away. She can tell this pony does not want to let her go!

She looks down and says, “Are you gonna keep holding me like this forever?”

“Until I’ve had my fill, yes…” A soft feminine voice says from behind her before the grasp tightens.

Doris sighs before giggling softly.

“I love you!” Says the voice from behind her.

“I love you too Lyra!”

Doris smiles while being lovingly embraced from behind by a green unicorn. They snuggle like this for a few more moments before Doris finally asks, “So uh, Lyra?”

“Yes Doris?” the sweet voice says from behind her as Doris feels her body caressed in the loving embrace.

“I need to go to the bathroom…” Doris somberly says.

Lyra giggles and says, “Okay baby!” before tightening her grip, “Hurry back!”

“Are you going to let me out?”

“Eventually!” Lyra says before giving Doris one more good squeeze and a nuzzle to the back of her neck and finally freeing her.

“Ugh!” Doris says before getting off the bed to her hooves. She turns and trots towards the door, opens it with her right forehoof, and trots out into the hallway.

Doris returns to the room later and the bed is neatly made. She looks around the room and doesn’t see Lyra anywhere., so she trots into the foyer area to see Lyra in the kitchen just beyond using her green magic to cook something in a pot on the stove.

Doris trots through the door to the kitchen and asks her, “What are you making?”

Lyra looks over at Doris and smiles while saying, “I’m making us some oatmeal for breakfast sweetie! Go sit down now! There’s already a cup of blond coffee on the table waiting on you!”

“Really thick!” Doris comments as she turns to trot towards the table. She pulls out a chair on the right side with her teeth and sits down in front a steaming cup of blond coffee there waiting on her. She grasps the mug in her forehooves and chances a tentative sip before grimacing and quietly saying to herself, “Still pretty hot! Needs a couple of minutes!”

Lyra soon trots in while holding two bowls and a spoon in her green magic and sets them down on the table. She looks down and magically slides Doris’s bowl to her before sliding the other bowl and the spoon right in front of her, to Doris’s left. She looks up and says, “Oh darn! I forgot my orange juice! I’m so scatterbrained! Hang on sweetie pumpkin pie!” And trotting to the kitchen in front of a bewildered Doris.

Doris softly whispers to herself, “Sweetie pumpkin pie?” as she scrunches her mouth and stares at nothing with wide blue eyes.

Lyra soon trots back in with a glass of orange juice in her magic and sets it down to the right of her bowl before trotting up to sit next to Doris.

Doris looks at her and says, “Hey, didn’t you want to go to the spa yesterday?”

“Yup! And I also wanted milkshakes! Do you like those Dory?”

“Oh yeah! The more chocolate, the better!” Doris says as she nods agreeably.

Lyra snickers a moment and says, “Good! I already added butter and sugar!” before magically grabbing the spoon and taking a cheerful bite of her food and smiling at the Pegasus as the spoon floats over to the left side of her face.

Doris sees this and says, “Guess it’s cool enough now?” before taking her bowl in her forehooves and munching on her food quietly. She looks at Lyra and says, “I’ve had oatmeal before, but this is different!”

“Oh yeah, I added cinnamon swirls and used brown sugar instead! Makes it good! Way better than that flavored nonsense you see at the market!”

“You’re a hooves-on kinda pony, aren’t you?” Doris says with an inquisitive look in her eyes.

“Yeah, I’ve been that way my whole life! Bonnie has her ways though, don’t you worry!”

“Oh, I’m sure!” Doris says before munching a bit more of her oatmeal and taking a swig of her coffee before smacking her lips and saying, “Almost cool enough!”

Lyra giggles and says, “Temperature testing dear?”

“Well, the oatmeal was easy because you went in first!”

“Right!” Lyra says before sipping her juice and smiling as she sets it down on her right and faces Doris.

“So, what time does the spa open?”

“10:30! But it’s only 9:30 now and so…” Lyra says with a dour look in her eyes as she faces the clock on the stove.

“I don’t usually sleep this late!”

Lyra smiles to the Pegasus, “Yeah, me neither! Snuggling sure makes it fun doesn’t it?”

Doris tilts her head to the right before leveling it and widening her eyes as she says, “Okay, you got me there! But tell me something Lyra…” She looks down, “How do you feel about me now that we’ve been snuggling and playing for a couple of days?”

Lyra smiles and says, “Oh gosh! You’re just so cute! And I knew this would come up!” Her mouth tightens, “Well, after what Bonnie said about you, I really wanted to try being with you…” She straightens herself out and looks to the Pegasus intently as she says in a slightly lower voice, “Bonbon doesn’t usually snuggle me… But I get that from you Doris… I get it and I like it!“ before lightly smiling once more.

“Wow!”

“And how do you feel about me?” Lyra says before lurching forward with an open-eyed stare.

“I uh, well…” Doris starts before looking down.

Lyra’s eyes grow wider as she lurches forward intently, “Well what sweetie?”

Doris decides this is her time to act and looks up at Lyra before putting her right forehoof onto Lyra’s left, “I really like being held by you Lyra…” and smiling dimly at the green unicorn.

Lyra giggles and says, “You like it a LOT don’t you Doris?”

Doris widens her eyes and says, “Well…”

“Oh, just admit it Dory! You love being held by me!” Lyra says before grinning brightly at the stuttering and blushing Pegasus as she knows she has her now!

Doris smiles faintly and looks off to her left, “Yeah…” She straightens out to the unicorn with an honest look in her eyes, “I like being held by you, a LOT, Lyra!”

“I’m glad!” Lyra says before smiling again and magically taking a couple of bites of oatmeal with her spoon before looking down.

“So uh, what then Lyra? Would you like to sleep like that from now on?”

Lyra looks at Doris while tilting her head to the right, “Well, um… Only if you want to Dory?”

Doris smiles, while still looking at Lyra and says, “Are we gonna do this all morning?”

Lyra adjusts her head, smiles, and says, “If that’s what you want darling?”

At that point, both ponies can only scrunch their eyes and giggle at how ludicrous they’re behaving!

Eventually, Doris shakes her head and grabs her bowl in her forehooves once more to begin munching on the rest of her oatmeal that way. Lyra notices and begins to eat her oatmeal with her spoon and magic once more.

Doris gets done first and sets her bowl down before asking Lyra, ”So, what time does Bonnie get home?”

Lyra takes one of the final bites of hers with her spoon and says, “Oh, around five or so! We have a long day ahead of us Dory!”

“What did you want to do tonight?”

Lyra smiles and says, “Well, we wanted to give you a big sendoff dinner at the Ponyville Café before you had to fly back to your home.”

Doris smiles and says, “Lyra?”

“Yes Dory?” Lyra asks with her eyes open and receptive.

“I’d like that!” Doris says before smiling brighter.

“Well, gosh! You okay Dory?”

“Oh, I’m fine Lyra! Uh, what time is it now?”

Lyra looks past Doris’s left again and says, “It’s about 10:11. Guess we should go now right?”

Doris smiles at the unicorn once more and says, “Sure Lyra!”



Doris and Lyra both trot East from Lyra and Bonbon’s cottage to the Ponyville Town Square.

Doris knows the spa is in the South end of the Square and she knows they will soon turn right to head that direction. She says, “So what did you wanna do at the spa Lyra?”

Lyra looks over at the Pegasus trotting on her right and says, “Well, I was gonna let you enjoy the spa while I relax in the bubble bath until you got back! I want my little Dory snookums to feel extra relaxed for our fun day together!”

Doris frowns while looking at this unicorn at her left and says, “You use pet names a lot, don’t you?”

“Mhm!” Lyra says while smiling.

“That’s also new!” Doris says before chuckling softly.

Lyra giggles herself and says, “I hope you don’t mind, sweetie weetie snookum peachy pie Dory bear!”

Doris giggles even more and says, “Okay, now you’re just being gratuitous!”

“Yup!” Lyra says before leaning forward to her right and chancing a nuzzle at the Pegasus, still trotting forward next to her.

Doris stops and starts as she feels the other pony’s muzzle touching her own and she instinctively lurches to her left to give Lyra some love of her own with a quick peck on the lips, before drawing back to smile at the green unicorn.

Both ponies stop and stare at each other as Lyra smiles and says, “I love you baby!”

Doris slowly feels a smile creeping up on her own face as she says, “I love you too Lyra!”

Lyra nods to her right and says, “Come on! We’re almost there! I want my Dory-loaf to get her massage already!”

Doris frowns and says, “Dory-loaf?”

Lyra snickers as she turns her body to face the Pegasus, “Well yeah! You’re not the hayloaf in the middle! You’re a Dory-loaf!”

Doris can only close her eyes and chuckle softly, “You’re also awful, Lyra!”

Lyra nods to her right and says, “Come on Dory-loaf! Relaxation awaits!” Before trotting South towards the spa.

Doris watches her before hurrying to trot next to her once more.

Both ponies soon reach the busy Market Square. Doris sees a street with shops on either side and many ponies trotting to and from them. She also notices a blue Pegasus flying overhead next to a pink one as she says, “It’s on the South end of the Square right?”

Lyra says, “Mhm! Right this way!” before trotting forward once more.

Doris follows close by and she sees many shops in buildings over to her left and many ponies walking around over there as she silently thinks to herself. Yesterday, she was with one pony and today, she’s with another… And it’s fine! Everypony is okay with this! What the hay?

She notices Lyra is starting to trot a few paces further than she when she hastens her trot to catch up.

Soon, she sees a blue building coming up on their left just past the next block and she knows that’s the Ponyville Spa, where Aloe and Lotus work.



Lyra trots through the door of the spa and trots in with Doris a few hoofsteps behind her. She trots up to the counter and says, “Hello Lotus! I’d like my usual hot tub bath and I’d like to buy a massage for my friend here!” to the indigo earth pony behind the counter with the pink mane and tail.

Doris looks over to Lyra and starts, “Oh gosh! A massage! You don’t have to…”

Lyra looks back and cuts her off as she says, “After what we’ve put you through over the last couple of days, it’s the least I could do!”

Doris frowns and replies, “Well uh… If you insist!”

Lyra smiles at Doris, “Good!” before looking back to Lotus.

Lotus smiles and uses her mouth to make a few notes in her book before spitting out the pen to the side and saying to Doris in her soft, feminine, and heavily accented voice, “Bulk Biceps is with another client! If you wait here, I’ll get Aloe to take care of you!” before trotting to the left around the desk and saying to Lyra, “Right this way!” as she passes.

Lyra watches her and nuzzles Doris to her left before trotting around her to follow Lotus to the door. Lotus opens it with her right forehoof and trots in while Lyra follows, and the door shuts behind.

Doris is left alone with her thoughts once more. She must admit, Lyra is a bit different from Bonbon! She’s more assertive and takes charge! But she also has a soft side to her that Doris just can’t ignore. She wonders where this day will take her when she hears a pink earth pony to her right with an indigo mane and tail say, with an accent of her own, and yet a slightly deeper tone, “Hello! My name is Aloe and I’ll be your masseuse today!”

Doris smiles at the earth pony and says, “Sure! Okay uh, where do we do this?”

Aloe smiles and says, “Right this way!” before turning to trot through the door behind her. Doris follows a few hoofsteps behind in the hall as Aloe continues, “We’re in room 3 on the back left side ma’am! Uh, what should I call you Miss?”

“Doris is fine” the Pegasus says as she trots further into the hall, behind the earth pony.

Aloe opens the door on their left and stands aside to the right for Doris to enter as she says, “Right in here Miss Doris!”

Doris trots in to see a large wooden massage table in the center of the room and a small wooden table off to the right with many oils and lotions on it. The walls appear to be made of ceramic tile and are a pink color that’s been decorated with a floral wallpaper. Flower, plants, trees, and birds all adorn the wall and she can tell this is meant to relax the clients.

Doris frowns and says, “So uh, how do you want me on the table Aloe?”

Aloe smiles and says, “Just lay on your stomach with your legs to your side Doris. Keep your wings to your side and we’ll be sure to work on those as well when I rub you down.”

“Okay!” Doris says before trotting towards the table away from the door they entered and getting onto it, her forelegs first and then she scootches herself forward enough to get her back legs on as well. She stretches out her wings to form a “Pegasus crest” before rotating them several times and then bringing them in to her sides.

Aloe trots over to the table and looks at it carefully before grabbing a specific bottle with her teeth. As she trots back, she murmurs to Doris, “This is olive oil. I always rub my patient down with it first as it has soothing properties.” She gets to her hind legs at the table and uses her mouth to precisely squirt some of the oil onto her left forehoof and then rubbing Doris’s back with it.

Doris says in a slightly louder tone, “Oh my! That feels wonderful Aloe!”

Aloe precisely puts the bottle down on the left side of the table, before rubbing her forehooves together for another go at Doris’s back. She applies pressure with her hooves to Doris’s spine and both ponies here an oddly satisfying “crack” as Aloe begins her work on the Pegasus mare.

“That’s lovely Aloe! Ugh! I gotta admit, I’ve had a lot on my mind recently…”

“Oh?” Aloe inquires as she rubs further down Doris’s back.

“Yeah! It’s just that, well… You don’t tell anypony what’s talked about on this table, right?”

Aloe chuckles and says, “Of course not!” before she applies pressure to Doris’s sides with both forehooves, away from her spine.

Doris stammers out, “Ah, well yes! Of course! Uh, you know the lesbian couple over on the West side of town. Lyra and Bonbon?”

“Indeed! They come in every other week usually. I saw Lyra with Lotus earlier, but I did not see Bonbon with them.”

Doris sighs and says, “That’s because Bonbon isn’t with Lyra… She’s with me… And I’m on a date with her…”

“WHAT!?” Aloe exclaims as she abruptly stops rubbing Doris’s back and sets both forehooves on the table.

“Shh! Lyra is still very much in love with Bonbon! It’s just that well, I think she likes me now too?”

Aloe looks down and sighs, “I uh, I see… This is known as an “un trois voies” or a “menage et trois!” in the old country… You are in a three-way relationship now Doris!”

“I… I know Aloe…”

“Well, was there something about it on your mind Doris?” Aloe says before setting her forehooves to the ground, trotting back to her table, and grabbing another bottle with her mouth.

“Well actually, um… I love both of them…”

“So, what’s the problem?” Aloe murmurs out from her teeth before setting the bottle down on the table.

“Well, gosh! I mean, a three-way relationship. M-me? Really?”

Aloe smiles as she squeezes the new bottle between her forehooves and carefully grasps the resulting liquid at the top in between them before saying, “Why not Doris? You seem nice enough to me?” and rubbing her hooves together once more to saturate them with lotion.

“Well, why not? They both seem genuine and nice to me? I still think they’re out of their minds though!”

Aloe giggles softly as she begins to rub the Pegasus’s upper back with lotion and says, “Love is like that! It’s always crazy! Never sane!”

Doris closes her eyes as relaxation settles in from her back as she says, “It is huh? It’s been so long… Did I just forget that?”

“Well perhaps Doris? But know this! I envy you now!” Aloe says before beginning to rub the Doris’s lower back.

“WHAT?” Doris says as she widens both of her eyes.

“Sure! I don’t have anypony in my life right now! Just my roommate Lotus. And here you are, not just one lover, but two! You are indeed very lucky Miss Doris!”

*Ugh!” Doris starts as Aloe begins to rub lotion on her wings before saying, “I uh, never really thought about it like that Aloe!”

Aloe lifts Doris’s right wing with her forehooves and starts rubbing it, “It is often that we don’t know what it is we truly have until somepony else points it out to us!”

“Um, that’s actually a good point Aloe… Oh yes! Keep rubbing my wing on the underside like that!”

Aloe chuckles, “Yes, I noticed that Pegasi love being rubbed on the underside of their wings! It’s their sweet spot!” before leaning forward to get Doris’s other wing, “So tell me, they seem to love you and you love them yes? I still don’t see why this would disturb you?”

“I just don’t know if I’m really ready to commit. I mean, what if I get hurt again you know?”

Aloe rubs the underside of Doris’s wing, “The jitters! Yes, that is very common when one starts to date again.”

“But why now?”

“What better time Doris?” Aloe says before rubbing her hooves deeper into Doris’s feathers.

“Well, how about when I’m ready?” Doris says in a slightly louder voice.

“And when would that be?” The pink earth pony says as she begins to spread lotion across the other mare’s back.

“I uh…” Doris closes her eyes, “I don’t know Aloe…”

“Doris…” Aloe says as she begins to rub the lotion down the sides of Doris’s back, “There is no right time for love… It does not negotiate, nor does it allow compromise… It simply happens when it happens, and it is what it is…”

Aloe drops back to her hooves on the ground from the table as Doris, now a comfortable “puddle” on the table, can only stammer out, “So it happens whenever it happens, and I just have to deal with it huh?”

“Yes Doris! Nopony can really decide…” Aloe says before smiling at the Pegasus, who’s now moving slowly to the left side of the table away from her.

Doris finds footing on the ground before trotting around the table away from the door to the pink pony and saying, “Thank you very much Aloe! Both for the massage and the sage advice!” before fetching four bits with her forehoof from her right saddlebag and handing it to Aloe.

“Ah yes! Anytime Miss Doris! Hopefully, I will see you again yes?” Aloe says before grasping the four bits with her teeth and trotting over to the table to set them all down there.

Aloe looks to Doris, who now makes a mental note and smiles as she says, “Sure thing Aloe!”



Lyra leans back in the hot tub as bubbles rise around her and the steam arises from the bath. She closes her eyes as her equine body begins to feel the soothing bubbles rising out of the water.

Doris slowly trots in on the wooden floor and looks over to the unicorn in the hot tub on the right side of the room. There is a hot tub on the other end with nopony in it and the Pegasus and unicorn are both alone.

Lyra starts and opens her eyes to the Pegasus, “Hiya baby! How was your massage?”

Doris trots to the hot tub containing the unicorn on wobbly legs as she says, “It was VERY relaxing baby! Thank you so much!”

“Oh no problem Dory! Come on in! The water’s great!”

Doris smiles and says, “Okay uh, hang on!” before trotting closer and timidly putting her hoof into the water to test it.

Lyra rolls her eyes and says, “You know, the best way to do this, is to just bucking do it right?”

Doris looks at the green pony, “Oh um, right!” before slowly trotting into the hot tub to join her and taking a spot just to the right of her towards the far side of the room.

Lyra chances a nuzzle, “Everything okay baby?”

Doris smiles and says, “Yeah… I think I’m okay now?”

“That’s good!” Lyra says before smiling.

“Yeah…”

Lyra thinks to herself that this can either get more awkward or she can show affection. She makes her decision when she nuzzles Doris slowly before tilting her head to the right on approach for a soft, warm kiss. She moves back and faces the Pegasus before saying, “I want you to be happy Doris…”

“I-I am happy Lyra…”

Lyra moves her body closer to the Pegasus as she smooches her once more on the lips.

Doris starts at this advance and moves back slightly.

“You okay Dory?” Lyra asks with a worried look in her eyes.

“I uh, yeah….” Doris says before nuzzling Lyra once more… “I’m okay…”

Lyra levels her eyes and kisses Doris slowly and passionately on the lips for a moment before drawing back.

“AAH!” Doris says as she starts.

Lyra gets closer and kisses Doris again, softer this time.

Doris’s eyes widen to this romantic assault as her body freezes.

Lyra softly kisses Doris for another moment before drawing back and smiling, “I love you Doris!”

“I…I…I…”

“Shh!” Lyra starts as she puts her right forehoof over Doris’s mouth before whispering, “Don’t ruin the moment my sweet…” And then lowering her hoof to nuzzle the indigo pony, and then tilting her head to the left for yet another soft, loving kiss.

Doris returns the kiss and smiles at the unicorn as she says, “You’re very aggressive Lyra!”

“I know what I want!” The green unicorn says before kissing Doris again, softly, and sensually.



Later, in Lyra and Bonbon’s cottage, Doris stares at the green unicorn on the other side of the bed. “Lyra?” she sheepishly asks.

Lyra looks over to Doris on the right side, “Yes sweetness?”

Doris looks down before saying in a lower voice, “We just had sex, didn’t we?”

“Indeed!”

Doris looks up to her, “Is this what you wanted?”

Lyra smiles, “Yes…”

“Okay, we’re gonna eat lunch soon… But we’re gonna talk about this first!”

“Only if that’s what you want Dory-loaf!”

(To be continued….)

Comments ( 1 )

nice work, as always!

Login or register to comment