• Published 3rd Nov 2020
  • 217 Views, 8 Comments

Cutting In: An Odd Romance Story - Betty_Starlight



Lyra and Bonbon decide to take a new lover for companionship.

  • ...
 8
 217

Chapter Three: Charades Night

Bonbon smiles at Lyra and says, “Oh yeah! We rode go karts, had lunch, and got candy! Um, I did bring you back some of those orange slices, cause I know you like those so much! I hope you’re not mad at us for being back so late?”

Lyra smiles and nuzzles Bonbon as she says, “Not at all Bonnie Bear!”

Doris giggles from behind the earth pony as she says, “Wait! Bonnie Bear?”

Bonbon stops nuzzling Lyra, rolls her eyes, and says, “Yes! Bonnie Bear is Lyra’s pet name for me!”

Doris says, “Well, I guess that means I can call you that too?”

Lyra looks at Bonbon and says, “I don’t see why not? I mean, it’s not like there’s a rulebook for this sort of thing?”

Bonbon scrunches her mouth and says, “Still, I think that would be up to us? I mean, how comfortable am I being called THAT by a pony who’s not you right?”

Doris smiles and says, “Oh, Bonnie Bear! I’d like to love Lyra too you know?” before swishing her tail.

Lyra looks back down at Bonbon as she narrows her eyes and says, “I think the decision just got made for you?”

Bonbon closes her eyes and chuckles with a half grin as she says, “I think you’re right!”

Bonbon steps to the right so Doris can trot up to Lyra and lean forward to give her a good kiss before returning her neck to normal, smiling, and saying, “Hey baby! I missed you!” and then swishing her pink tail while smiling at the unicorn.

Lyra nuzzles Doris back and says, “Hiya Dory! I had a good day at choir practice! But my voice is sore now and I really wanna just relax!”

Then, Doris hears the voice of Bonbon say from over her shoulder, “Hey Dory! Wanna give me a hoof with making dinner tonight?”

Doris smiles and says, “You got it Bonnie!”

Lyra trots into the foyer and sits at the table, before looking to her right and using her magic to bring the newspaper there up to her face. The other two ponies trot towards the kitchen and Bonbon soon brings her a warm cup of tea from the kitchen and drops it from her snout onto the table near her as she looks at Lyra and says, “Here you go baby! Some warm tea to soothe your sore throat!”

Lyra leans over to smooch Bonbon before smiling and softly saying, “Thanks baby! You’re the best!”

Bonbon smiles and says whimsically, “No, you!”

“Jerk!” Lyra says before giggling.

Doris sees this and thinks to herself that she was enjoying that same pony earlier, just like Lyra is now. And then she pondered on how, for a brief moment, she too had enjoyed Lyra’s lips, just as Bonbon is right now. And then it became apparent to the Pegasus that while this is a more complex sort of relationship than what she had earlier, it really wasn’t beyond comprehension.

“Alright! Let’s go make dinner!” Bonbon proclaims after returning her neck to normal.

“You got it Bonnie!”

Both ponies trot into the kitchen area, starting with Doris and Bonbon a few hoofsteps behind her. Bonbon turns to Doris and asks her, “Hey Dory! Could you reach underneath the stove and get the perforated cooking pan and put it on the table please?”

“Of course, Bonnie Bear!” Doris says before trotting to the back of the kitchen and sliding out the bottom drawer of the stove with her mouth and then grasping the requested pan with her teeth.

She turns around and puts it on the table as Bonbon says, “Knock it off!” while trotting into the other side of the kitchen. She looks to Doris and says, “Set the oven to 325!” before getting out a long narrow cardboard box with a freshly browned oat cake on it and a large canister from the cabinet with her head, neck, and teeth to set on the table. She gets on her haunches and takes off the top of the canister with her right forehoof before using both to grab the box on the other side and tear it open, left to right it with her mouth. She looks over at the torn part, still on the box, smiles and then handles the box to pour four sheets onto the pan and arranges them in a square.

Bonbon looks to Doris and says, “Yeah we like boxes of oat cakes because they come in packs of four! Two for each of us! Well, I guess things are more complicated now?”

“Just take the last cake for lunch tomorrow Bonnie! Problem solved” Doris says as she smiles.

“Oh, well then!” Bonbon says as she takes the canister from the side in her forehooves and sprinkles it on the four cakes while saying, “Oat cakes with oatmeal sprinkled on top is good Dory! Gives the flavor a nice pop!” Then the oven beeps to indicate that it is preheated. Bonbon finishes sprinkling the cakes before setting the canister down to the left side and taking the tray in her mouth and trotting to the oven. She opens it with her right forehoof before stretching her neck closer to set the tray down on the rack inside. Then she corrects her neck before shutting it before looking at Doris and saying, “Yeah I know the directions say 12 to 14 minutes at 375! But about 18 minutes at 325 tastes a lot better! Trust me on this!”

“Wow Bonnie!”

“Well, candy isn’t my only talent you know?” Bonbon says before smiling.

“Hey, you think maybe we should go check on Lyra?”

“Way ahead of you!” Bonbon says as she turns to trot past Doris into the foyer from the kitchen.

Doris follows and they meet Lyra in the next room, still sitting at her chair, sipping tea, and reading the paper.

Bonbon smiles and says, “Hiya baby! Me and hayloaf here got dinner in the oven!”

Lyra smiles and says, “That’s good darling!”

Doris frowns and looks to Bonbon as she asks, “Uh, hayloaf?”

Bonbon looks back at her, grins, and says, “Well yeah! You’re the middle of the sandwich remember? The hayloaf between two slices…”

Doris squints her right eye and says, “It almost sounds sexual when you put it like that!”

Bonbon sneers even wider as she says, “Yeah I know! Isn’t it great?”

Lyra looks at Bonbon and says, “You’re horrible Bonnie!”

Bonbon smiles at Lyra and says, “You know you love me baby!”

“Yup!” Lyra says as she smiles and nuzzles Bonbon again.

Doris sees these lovers talking about something so stupid, and yet enjoying each other anyway. She sees how affectionate they are to each other and considers what they must mean to one another. She begins to wonder if she ever really had that before?

Then she starts as she hears Lyra saying loudly, “DORY! EQUESTRIA TO DORY! DO YOU COPY?”

“Oh uh, hey Lyra! What’s up?” Doris says before smiling.

Lyra squints her right eye as she asks, “You were looking kinda glazed over there, Dory! Are you alright?”

Doris looks down and says, “I’m sorry Lyra… I have a lot on my mind right now…”

Bonbon says, “Okay, you two hash that out! I gotta go get dinner ready…” before trotting from the foyer back to the kitchen.

Lyra looks at Doris and asks her, “Okay Dory, what’s up?”

Doris trots closer, looks at her, and replies, “Tell me something… How long have you been with Bonbon?”

“Oh, about six and a half years or so now? Why do you ask?”

“Because I keep wondering why I can’t have that? What is wrong with me?”

“Is this about your past? Do you need to talk about it?”

“Well, the only thing that does matter is that I wasn’t the right pony… So, I was shoved aside… This happened to me a few times and so I finally just gave up on love… Well, before you two showed up!”

Lyra giggles and says, “Well, don’t you want that? Here’s your chance!”

Doris frowns and asks, “You want me to make out with you, don’t you?”

“You act like you don’t want to?”

Doris frowns and says, “You know what? You’re both jerks!”

Lyra giggles softly as both ponies hear a feminine voice yell from the other room, “Dinner is ready!”

Lyra gets up and trots towards the kitchen area. Doris sees this and follows a few hoofsteps behind her.

Doris sees Bonbon sitting there smiling in front of a table with three plates neatly arranged at each of the chairs around it. She also notices that the oat cake on each plate is covered with chocolate syrup! She looks at Bonbon and says, “Bonbon! What did you do?”

Lyra snickers and looks back at Doris before saying, “Oh, she does things like that! You’d better get used to it!”

Bonbon says, “What? It’s good!”

Doris looks at her plate over on the other side of the earth pony and says, “Why not? This weekend seems to be all about trying new things! Let’s eat the funky chocolate oat cake!”

Lyra says, “Dory? Are you okay?”

Doris starts at Lyra and says, “I think so?”

Lyra looks at Doris with concern in her eyes as she asks, “What do you mean?”

“I mean, this is all so new to me… Both of you… And you’re here to love me? M-me? Really?”

Lyra smiles and starts to trot towards the Pegasus as she says, “Yes Doris… We’re both here for you…”

Bonbon says, “Doris, I just started learning to love you today and I don’t want to give that up…”

Lyra looks back at Bonbon and then back at Doris as she says, “Yes Doris… And my turn comes tomorrow… Both of us…”

Doris scrunches her mouth and says, “Okay… Let’s do this…”

Lyra tilts her head to the right and asks, “You’re okay?”

“Um, those weird cakes aren’t gonna eat themselves?”

Bonbon knows this is her cue! She grabs her cake in her forehooves and takes a hearty bite before smiling and squinting her eyes in pleasure for a moment.

Doris looks over at this and says, “That good huh?” before she trots to get into her chair to Bonbon’s left, grabs her dinner with her forehooves, and takes a bite herself… The flavor of the oats pops underneath the heavy veneer of chocolate on her palette and she finds the flavor surprisingly tasty! “This is really good!” she says before starting to eat her food faster.

Lyra sees the other two ponies eating and trots over to sit down on the other side of Bonbon. She grabs her own dinner with her magic, smiles, shakes her head, and then floats it over to take a bite herself. She chews it, swallows, and asks Doris, “So, how was she on the go-kart track? Not too rough I hope?”

“Oh, not at all! My little Bonnie Bear would never play too rough on the go-kart track! Isn’t that right dear?” She says while grinning at Bonbon.

“It’s not funny!” Bonbon says to a, now snickering Doris before looking at Lyra and saying, “Yes Lyra! We just banged our karts around a little bit! Nothing too bad! I had a blast though!”

“Oh yeah! I like riding go-karts with Bonnie! But uh, we don’t have anything yet do we Lyra?” Doris says before looking carefully at the green unicorn.

Lyra smiles and says, “Well, that’s why we wanted one-on-one time you know? I get my turn tomorrow!”

Doris frowns and says, “So uh, what did you have in mind Lyra?”

Lyra smiles and says, “How about a spa day and milkshakes later?”

Doris chuckles and says, “Really going all out I see?” before eating her oat cake some more and smiling at the green unicorn.

Lyra sighs and says, “Well uh, YEAH! We wanna make a good impression, right?”

Doris swallows and says, “Makes sense!” before eating the last of her oat cake.

Lyra smiles and eats the last of her cake too. By this point, Bonbon is already done and is sipping her drink while listening to the two lovers’ banter.

Lyra says to Doris, “So! What do you wanna do now?”

Doris starts and says, “I don’t know? I mean, what do you want to do Lyra?”

Lyra stares at the wall for a moment before looking back to Doris and saying loudly, “Charades it is!”

Bonbon quietly sets her drink down, looks at Doris, and says, “Yeah, charades is one of her favorite games to play!”

Doris looks at Bonbon and says, “No kidding?”

The three ponies walk back into the foyer from the kitchen, Bonbon up front, with Doris and Lyra side-by-side behind her. Bonbon sits on the couch and pads the cushion on her right with her forehoof as she says, “Come sit down with me Dory! Let’s see what Lyra has in mind this time!”

Doris sees this and changes course to the couch to go sit down where Bonbon padded. She looks up at Lyra, now standing in the center of the room and smiling at the two of them.

Lyra says, “Okay!” before looking over to her right at the shelf and floating a large brown bowl of cards to the coffee table in front of the couch.

Doris looks at Bonbon and says, “Wow! She really does like charades! You have the cards all ready and everything!”

Bonbon looks at Doris, frowns, and says, “Were you calling me a liar?”

Doris starts and says, “Oh gosh! No!”

Bonbon snickers and nuzzles Doris while saying, “I love messing with you!”

“Like Lyra said, jerk!”

Bonbon giggles at Doris while Lyra uses her magic to select a random card from the bowl and looks at it, she then looks at Doris and Bonbon and smiles.

Lyra magically sets the card, face-down on the table before putting her right forehoof with her right hind hoof, and does the same on her other side, before opening her muzzle and shutting it again while moving her head back and forth.

“Platypus!” Bonbon calls out.

Doris looks over at Bonbon and wonders where she got that before looking back over at Lyra and saying, “Camel!”

“Duck!” Bonbon calls out.

Lyra returns her forehooves to her front, straightens out her neck, and points to Bonbon with her left forehoof before saying, “That’s right! It’s a duck! You got it!”

Doris scrunches her mouth and says, “Um, okay! I haven’t played this game in a long time!”

Bonbon looks to Doris while Lyra magically takes out another card and looks and it, and says, “We don’t care if you’re good or not Dory! Besides, there’s only one way to get better!”

Doris smiles at the earth pony and says, “Right! Play the game!” before the they both look to the unicorn before the couch.

Lyra magically picks out a new card and looks at it before scrunching her mouth. Then, she puts her body down on the floor, with her forehooves splayed in front of her and her hind hooves the same behind her.

Bonbon smiles and says, “Floormat! That’s an easy one Lyra!”

Lyra gets up, smiles at the earth pony, and says, “Okay that’s two out of three! You’re up Bonnie!” before trotting over to the couch while Bonbon gets up and nuzzles her as she approaches.

Lyra then walks around Bonbon to the couch and sits next to Doris while Bonbon moves to the front and smiles back at the two on the couch. She gets on her haunches in front of the table and uses her right forehoof to select a random card from the bowl. She sees the card and puts it face-down on the table before standing on all fours and opening and shutting her muzzle quickly.

Lyra sees this and says, “Okay, it’s some kind of animal!”

“Giraffe!” Doris calls out to Bonbon at the front.

“Pig!” Lyra calls out.

“Vole!” Doris yells.

“Dog?” Lyra chances.

Bonbon looks at Lyra and says, “Got it baby!”

Lyra smiles, looks at Doris, and smiles as she says, “I knew we had it!”

Doris looks at Lyra and says, “Yeah!” as Bonbon picks out another card with her right forehoof and looks at it.

She then sets the card, face-down on the table, and then tentatively stands on her hind legs while putting her two forehooves at her side so that her body is almost straight up.

Lyra looks at this and says, “Spear?”

Doris calls out, “Pole!”

Bonbon goes back to all fours, and points to Doris with her right forehoof and says, “That’s it! You got it Dory!”

Doris smiles and says, “Okay, maybe this can be fun?”

Bonbon trots towards Doris on the couch and says, “Right! Well, those are my two rounds! You’re turn Dory!”

Doris looks at Lyra and says, “Do I have to?”

Lyra smiles at Doris and says, “Well, we’d like that, but not if you don’t want to Dory?”

Doris grimaces and says, “Great! Now I have to do it!”

Lyra starts and says, “What?”

Doris says, “Never mind! I love you baby!” before nuzzling Lyra and then moving to the floor and trotting up to the front of the couch after going around the coffee table.

Bonbon sees Doris there, nuzzles her, smiles, and says, “You’re up baby!”

Doris smiles and says, “Okay Bonnie! Go sit down…”

Bonbon trots towards the couch, goes around the table, and sits next to Lyra there on the couch.

She picks a paper out of the bowl with her right forehoof while facing the two ponies on the couch and looks at it. Then she places it face-down on the table before turning to her right and putting her forehoof up to her mouth and doing her best to make a chittering noise.

“Um, squirrel!” Bonbon calls out.

“Raccoon?” chances Lyra.

“Maybe a beaver?” guesses Bonbon.

Doris begins to scrunch her body back and hops forward with her hind legs.

At that point, Lyra yells out, “Bunny!”

Doris stops and points at Lyra with her right forehoof and says, “Right!”

Lyra smiles and says, “When you started chittering, I really didn’t know what to think, but after you hopped…”

Doris smiles and says, “Right! Because bunnies hop! Okay! Uh, I think I get another round?”

Bonbon says, “Whenever you’re ready Dory?”

“Right” Doris says before taking a couple of steps back to the bowl and picking out another paper with her right forehoof. She sees it and frowns. She places it face-down on the table, closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and starts to prance around the table on all fours and rubbing against and nuzzling Lyra’s left hind hoof.

Lyra looks down and says, “I know that’s not a squirrel!”

“Cat!” shouts Bonbon.

Doris gets back up to her regular stance, looks at Bonbon, and says, “Right! Cat! You got it Bonnie!”

“Wow! That was great!” says Lyra.

Doris looks at Lyra, “Oh gosh! You really think so Lyra?”

Lyra looks at Doris, smiles, and says, “For a first time, sure!”

Doris frowns and asks Lyra, “How do you know this was my first-time playing charades?”

“Lucky guess!” Lyra wagers while smiling at Doris.

Bonbon then yawns and says, “Wow! That sure was a lot of fun Lyra, but after everything today, I’m pretty beat!”

Lyra looks over and nuzzles Bonbon before saying, “Yeah quire practice was kinda brutal today! I could go for some shut-eye myself!” She looks at Doris and says, “How about it, Dory? Wanna go to bed with us?”

“Oh, another lesbian snuggle fest! Could we?” Doris says whimsically as she widens her eyes and puts on the fakest grin Lyra has ever seen.

Bonbon giggles and says, “Oh, don’t act like you don’t love it Hayloaf!”

Doris smiles and says, “Oh, you know it Bonnie Bear!”

Bonbon snorts and says, “And the battle continues!” before softly giggling to herself.

The three ponies then trot into the bedroom. Lyra up front, followed by Bonbon, and finally Doris gets through the door before closing it with her right forehoof. She looks at Lyra and says, “So, how do you want to sleep tonight Lyra?”

Lyra looks at Doris and says, “Well, I kinda liked having you in front of me ready to be nuzzled and kissed. And the way you softly giggle in your sleep tells me you like it too!”

Doris looks at Lyra and says, “You like that huh?”

Bonbon says, “And yeah Dory! I really liked holding you from behind last night! At first, I thought your wings might be a problem, but after I got into bed with you and felt their soft fluffiness against me, honestly, I kinda liked it!”

Doris frowns and says, “So I’m the center again I take it?”

As Doris slumbered that night between the two lesbian ponies, she felt safe and warm between them. She began to think about her past and about how maybe that doesn’t even matter anymore? Sure, she wasn’t the right pony before, but these two crazy mares appear to think so? She began to wonder what is happening to her. But then, she had a startling realization… Lyra likes to nuzzle and kiss in bed while Bonbon prefers to hold somepony… Maybe she was the “missing part” all along?

(To be continued…)