• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 1,730 Views, 462 Comments

Patrilineality: Making Up For Time We Lost - Melody Song



Metamorphosis experiences daily life at the Hive, starting with someone he's all too familiar with resurfacing.

  • ...
14
 462
 1,730

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 50: The More Things Change

Metamorphosis snarled in pain as he crashed to the ground, his disguise dropping. He had just been blasted by Tirek, but he quickly stood and leapt back up, heading directly for Chrysalis, completely undisguised. Chrysalis turned, snarling around at the creatures who dared to approach her, but her face quickly morphed into shock.

“Meta-?” Chrysalis was cut off as Metamorphosis charged into her, their horns clashing together.

“This is for attacking my friends.” Metamorphosis snarled, then leaned down and bit down hard on her foreleg, sinking his fangs in and tossing her into the air. She hit Cozy Glow and knocked her out of the sky, causing them both to hit Tirek. “And that’s for laying a hoof on my sons!”

“They deserved it! I knew you were just a worthless gene pool! Go back to your precious, undeserving, freakish babies you selfish little gay fa-” Chrysalis began.

“Leave our dad alone you bitch!” Pharynx shouted, charging at her, but Metamorphosis and Thorax grabbed him and dragged him back. “Hey! Come on, dad did it!”

“Yeah, but everyone else has been pushed back now, we need to get out of the way!” Thorax said, dragging him back. Chrysalis snarled at him tauntingly, and Pharynx shook them off.

“No, I earned this!” Pharynx charged again, leaping into the air and turning midair, bucking Chrysalis in the face, which sent her tumbling to the ground with a broken muzzle. “Yes! Damnit, that felt good! Buck you, mother!!!”

“Pharynx!” Thorax shouted, and he ran back to them.

Enough!” Twilight shouted from the hill at the three villains.

“Dad, are you okay?” Thorax asked as they led Pharynx back up the hill, and Metamorphosis sighed as he pressed against his sons.

“I… I think so…” Metamorphosis sighed and nuzzled Pharynx as they watched.

“-That's why they created the Elements of Harmony! The Elements showed me and my friends how strong our friendship could be! Together we worked to bring harmony to Equestria! But there will always be more to do! Which is why we teach others about the Magic of Friendship! Others who will continue our mission after we are gone! Now I truly understand! The Elements were just symbols! The real magic has always been right here! And the more creatures who understand how powerful friendship is, the stronger we will all be! Together!”

The Pillars of Equestria, Twilight and her friends, and Ocellus and her friends lifted up into the air, and as one, a beam of rainbow energy came from each group, intertwining and slamming into the three villains. They were immediately reduced back to their original forms.

“Now what?” Pharynx asked, as Celestia, Luna, and Discord appeared before the three… and a giant cupcake dropped from the sky.

“I think they’re going to…” Twilight said, before all three powerful beings blasted the cupcake smashing the three villains, and began to cast a spell.

“Princess ponies and Discord turning Legion to stone!” Yona shouted, and the other creatures gasped, then cheered.

Sure enough, when the light faded, the three villains stood there, stone statues of rage and terror. The creatures rushed down the hill, cheering and beginning to celebrate, some of them tending to the injured. Thorax and Pharynx looked straight at their father, who shook his head and walked down the hill.

He headed straight for Chrysalis, staring into her eyes. Thorax and Pharynx walked up on either side of him.

“Dad…?”

Metamorphosis stared at Chrysalis’ angry expression. Then, he chuckled softly, staring at her. “Oh Chrysalis… how far you’ve fallen…”

Pharynx grinned, as Metamorphosis put his forelegs around his sons, as Ocellus squirmed up between him and Thorax to join them.

“You know Chrysalis…” Metamorphosis murmured, looking at her. “I used to think there’d always be a piece of you in my family, and my kingdom… but now I see that your legacy will only live on in the stories we tell about your downfall. Your blood may be in my sons, but their legacy will be their own, no matter who you were to them. You’re gone now, and my children have their own paths to pave.”

“You’re right, dad.” Pharynx whispered. Metamorphosis smiled softly. “She’s gone.”

“She’ll live on in the two of you… but you two are the only things that have ever made me this happy… and I don’t think it matters who your mother is… as long as I have the two of you.” Metamorphosis said, and Ocellus cleared her throat.

“Awww…” Thorax hugged him tightly. “We love you too.”

“Yeah, um… can we go home now dad?” Ocellus asked, giving him big eyes and Metamorphosis smiled at her.

“Yes my bookbug, we can.”

--------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe this, Twilight’s getting coronated!” Ocellus squealed excitedly, then squeaked as Apex bounced on her back.

“Relax, it’s not like it’s going to change the world.” Pharynx replied, and she rolled her eyes at him.

Metamorphosis chuckled and smiled. On his right, Pharynx stood at attention, Tempest at his side, and on his left, Thorax and Ember sat beside each other. He smiled happily, proud of his sons and his daughter, they had all accomplished so much, and it wasn’t just them.

Equestria itself had come so far, and it was all because of one purple alicorn and her friends, who had built bridges, established alliances, and united races. Metamorphosis smiled solemnly as he gazed in the direction of the Canterlot Gardens, where he knew the now stone Legion of Doom was.

“Good luck trapped in there for eternity, Chrissy…” Metamorphosis whispered, a tear falling down his cheek.

“Dad, is everything okay?” Thorax asked, glancing over at him in concern.

“Yes Thorax, everything is fine.” Metamorphosis replied, smiling at him.

As Princess Twilight made her way out onto the castle balcony, Metamorphosis couldn’t help but smile. It really seemed like everything was looking up for the better. As Twilight smiled awkwardly at everyone gathered, he beamed right alongside her.

Even as the ceremony went completely wrong, with the Wonderbolts flying in too early and the fireworks going off, all the chaos around them just captured the moment even more. Metamorphosis laughed under his breath, then began crying silently, feeling his sons and daughter pressing into him, and his grandson clambering onto his head.

“You sure everything’s okay dad?” Pharynx whispered, as he and the others all looked over in concern, Apex hugging his horn.

“I’m fine, I just realized something…” Metamorphosis pulled them closer with his magic, smiling as he stared up at the princesses on the balcony, thinking to himself.

“The more things change… the more they stay the same…”


End of Act 6

Author's Note:

And so, the final act is over. But stay tuned! This isn't the end! There's an Epilogue on the way!

~Melody Song

PreviousChapters Next