• Published 11th May 2020
  • 1,779 Views, 40 Comments

A Game of Chess - Vongola Famiglia



I was invited to an online game of chess. Now I'm in the void with a god helping create a world...By playing chess.

  • ...
1
 40
 1,779

Tables the turned

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I've been busy with family and now college is just a step away. I'll try to update this more frequently but I can't make any promises.

Also big thanks to Mew Siul for making a Tv tropes page.

We've been playing for...Well I'm not sure how long. It's hard to tell time with no clocks around. She's been strategically avoiding all my pieces, especially Discord. It took a few turns but the war between the unicorns and the pegasi ended. Since they started living in harmony again my Wendigo clones got reabsorbed into the darkness along with unfreezing the board. Luckily for me they each counted towards making a new piece. I chose to bid my time and wait. There was no way I can form a strategy if I didn't know a single thing about hers. I started moving my wendigo around but didn't use my knights just yet. They are for when things get dangerous. Whenever that might be.

"My Earth pony takes your Wendigo." such as now. She knocked over the last wendigo with her earth pony. The Wendigo shattered into thousands of darkness shards. The screen appeared. The wendigo were closing in on the three leaders of the three races. However, at the very end a large flame in the shape of heart erupted. The wendigo were sent flying back and faded out of existence.

'Damn, there goes my potential army of clones.' with her hoof she pressed one of her buttons. The orb of white energy grew slightly larger and gained a gold outline.

She pressed a second button, "Create Bishops - Princess Celestia, Princess Luna." Two blobs came out and landed on the board. On the left, her eyes are a light pinkish-purple and her mane is light turquoise, sea green, light purplish-blue, and light pink with a slight purple tinge. Her mane also is very long and has a constant flowing motion. Her coat is white and her cutie mark is a sun.

The other one was a complete opposite. Her fur was a dark black and her mane was like the night skies filled with stars. Her eyes were blue and her cutie mark being a crescent moon.

On the screen all three tribes bowed to the two. Soon the were being praised as sister princesses. Together the two would rule over the ponies for a long time.

"Sister princesses to further unite the ponies. While not very original it will make it harder to turn them against each other. You're quite crafty Faust."

She turned her head and waved a hoof at me, "Oh stop it, you're making me blush."

She gave me a smug smile as I planned my next move.

'She is avoiding Discord with everything she has. That's good for me since I've managed to sneak him past her front lines. Two more turns and I can promote him.' I gave a small smile that quickly turned to a frown. 'Of course that makes my distrust all but useless. Not to mention she still has two more pieces she can create. I'm going to have to start moving my knights.'

With that the four ponies for the apocalypse made their first move. While she did her best no one can escape the inevitable. Lucky for her, or I suppose unlucky, famine was the first to pass.

"I move my knight to G4. Since my knight is in proximity to your unicorn it's ability activates." The unicorn started to get skinner and soon became similar to my knight. On the screen it showed the ponies that were all skin and bones. The crops they planted all dried up.

"Of course since you're ponies are so close and harmonized your other pieces are effected as well." The Earth pony and pegasi turned to living skeletons as well. "Now for the next ten turns those pieces can only move once every other turn."

She frowned before smiling, "You are a much tougher opponent than I thought you would be. But it is not over yet." She moved the unicorn to the right.

"Now my unicorn ability activates. Since you war knight is in front of my unicorn even if by a few spaces a fire ball can, and will, destroy it." A fire ball left the unicorns horn and shattered my knight.

A clapped at her move, "Even when at a disadvantage you managed to turn the tides is one move. I must say I am impressed." Unless my eyes deceived me a could see a blush through her fur.

"Why thank you. I believe it is your turn now." I nodded and move discord one last time.

"I promote Discord to Rook." The little creature created four walls on its small platform and was shiftily looking over them. I then pushed one of my buttons.

"Create Pawn - Betrayl." A blob separated from the orb and landed on the board. It showed a unicorn quite literally standing a earth pony in the back. With snap of my fingers I created two cups of tea for us.

Taking a sip from mine I stated, "Let's see how your ponies deal with yet another inviable enemy."

Comments ( 14 )

inviable enemy. I think you mean invisible enemy.

Also another short but good chapter.

Cliff hangers done right.
SHIP!!!

Everytime I read these chapters I'm just imagining one of the pieces just walking in on them playing

Glad to see this apdate! Brilliant chapter, it’s neat to see these events put to chess form

ITS ALIIIIIIVE!!!! Thank god

Plz continue with the chest board placement, I rather enjoyed it

I wonder what the plot twist is

this makes much more sense then the serie

"Create Pawn - Betrayl."

Thus begins the downfall of Princess Luna.

Is this dead?

Login or register to comment