• Published 11th May 2020
  • 1,778 Views, 40 Comments

A Game of Chess - Vongola Famiglia



I was invited to an online game of chess. Now I'm in the void with a god helping create a world...By playing chess.

  • ...
1
 40
 1,778

In the Beginning

I sat down in front of my computer and logged in. I was about to play some Call of Cthulhu when a popup appeared out of nowhere. I was going to close it when I noticed it wasn't an ade, or at least it wasn't a normal popup. It simply said, "Want to play a game of chess?" with a yes or no option. It wasn't trying to sell me anything or telling me about single milfs near me, just wanting a game of chess. I thought to hell with it and clicked yes. There was a flash of light, the world felt like it was fading away.

When it died down I opened my eyes to a peculiar sight. A skinny horse with white fur along with a red mane and tail. It had a pair of wings and a large horn on its forehead. Between us was a 8x8 chess board. On its side was a floating white orb and three pieces on C,D,and E 1. They looked like a pegasus, unicorn, and a normal horse. On my side was a black orb with two buttons under it, create and rank up. Directly under the create button was a screen that said 3 pawns and under the the rank up button was a small unlit bulb. Unlike her I didn't have any pieces.

"Hello there, my name is Faust. What's yours?" The horse said. I was pretty shocked to say the least.

"I'm Cory. What are you and why am I here?" I was completely confused. She giggled lightly.

"I am a alicorn and your here to play chess with me remember?" I looked down at the board them back to her.

"I've never seen a chess game like this before."

"I made a few revisions to the rules." Her horn glowed a warm blue and a large book labeled rules. It floated over to me. It was kinda heavy. If I had to guess it was easily 50 pages at least. I started ready the first few pages.

"What does this game of chess decide?" I wanted to know what the stakes were.

"I created a new world for my subjects to live on, but they need have challenges to face. I will guide my ponies with my light while you try to corrupt them with darkness." I closed the book after page 12, getting a hold of the basics. First pawns can move like kings but still only able to attack diagonally. I can put special conditions on a piece but its strength is based on what piece it is, the pawn being the weakest. I pressed the create button.

"Create pawn - Wendigo." A small blob of darkness detached from the orb. It landed in C8, taking shape into a ghostly blue pony with fiery blue mane and tail.

"That is quite an interesting looking pawn. What other monsters and beasts do you have in mind?" She was leaning forward trying to get a good look at my new pawn. I gave a light chuckle.

"Not all evils are physical." She rose a brow as I pressed the create button again, "Create pawns - Chaos, Distrust." Two blobs came out of the orb. In D8 was a 20 sided die on a pedestal, in E8 was a pegasus and unicorn side eyeing each other.

I looked back up at her, "Let's begin the game shall we?" She gave a sly smile. Her horn and the unicorn began to glow.

"I move my unicorn to D2." The unicorn floated one space forward.

"Chaos to E7." I picked up the pawn and moved it diagonally.

"Earth pony to D1." It slided over a space.

"Chaos to E6." We continued to move our pieces. It was as boring as one would imagine. That was until something finally happened. Her unicorn was in H6, Earth pony in C4, and the Pegasus in E2. She didn't really play with them much. My chaos was on E4, Distrust was in G4, but I never moved my Wendigo. I could tell she wondering what I was planning with it. It was my turn.

"Distrust to G5." I moved it forward. Once I let go the Earth pony turned light green and turned to the pegasus. Next to us a large screen showed up. Six pegasi were moving clouds over a town of unicorns. That's when a fire ball flew by one of them. On the ground were several unicorns with their horns lit. The pegasi flew off without taking the clouds.

"What just happened?" She was completely confused. Just what I wanted.

"It's my Distrust's ability. Since your Unicorns are in a space that my piece can take it, your piece gained a sudden distrust for the pegasi." Somehow she started to sweat, "That's not all since your ponies are no longer in harmony my Wendigo's ability activates, creating a second Wendigo." A blob separated from the orb and made another Wendigo in B8. that's when something unexpected happened, even to me. The entire 8th row was frozen in Ice. She gulped.

"Pegasus to E3." As it moved forward the D20 on my chaos turned into a black one. I picked it up and began shaking it in my hand.

"You activated my Chaos' ability. In exchange for not being able to take pieces anytime one of your pieces moves next to mine I can roll the D20 for a random effect." I rolled the die on a empty space on the board...18. The pegasus turned dark red and turned to the unicorn. The screen changed to a gruesome scene. Dead pegasi and unicorns were laying everywhere. Pegasi were flying around, blades strapped to their wings, cutting up unicorns. The unicorns were firing spells trying to retaliate.

'My vision must have improved somehow if I could see the blades on the pegasi.'

"What did you do?! Why are they Attacking each other?" She was stressing out.

"I rolled an 18, which apparently means you piece will wage a war on another." I looked at her, "I'm sure you remember my Wendigo's ability?" Another Wendigo was formed on D8 and the 7th row froze over. The light under the rank up button lit up, "It's my turn is it not?"