• Published 21st Apr 2020
  • 1,060 Views, 6 Comments

Packing - Twilight Star



Starlight returns to Canterlot to pick up her things from her home to bring to her new home in Ponyville. After she does this, she and her Canterlot friends meet to talk about what happened recently and about her starting to live in Ponyville.

  • ...
0
 6
 1,060

Return to Canterlot

Luna, Celestia, Starlight and her new friends returned to Ponyville to have a party to celebrate Celestia’s return. The two princesses were in a purple-colored carriage, which was led by two lunar guards. Spike approached Starlight and hugged her. She smiled at being hugged by Spike. Luna and Celestia got out of the coach together. While Luna smiled, Celestia had a guilty expression on her ears. Starlight’s friends bowed to Celestia, which meant they forgave Celestia. Two pegasous fillies went to Celestia and put on a flower necklace. Celestia was surprised. She didn’t expect to be forgiven, not after everything she did as a Daybreaker. But she soon smiled and looked at Luna, Luna looked at Celestia too.

Starlight looked at Luna with a smile. In the end, everything worked out. She made new friends and her mentor met with Celestia again. But of course, now that they have defeated Daybreaker, she and her friends were the new carriers of the Elements of Harmony. So that meant that she and her friends were going to save Equestria quite often from now on.

“Starlight Glimmer,” Starlight looked at Celestia, who was smiling at her and approaching. “Thank you for making me realize that there was another way for my day to continue to be appreciated other than for making an eternal day. I sure as hell couldn’t do it all alone. You will have my eternal gratitude.”

“You’re welcome, Princess Celestia,” said Starlight Glimmer with a smile.

Luna approached Celestia and Starlight Glimmer. “Sister, are you ready to return to Canterlot and rule Equestria with me again?”

Celestia looked down, a little unsure her ears were down. “I don’t know, Luna. I became arrogant, tried to destroy you and anypony in my way. I don’t know if I deserve this after all that I did as a Daybreaker.”

“Celestia, don’t blame yourself. You made a mistake. Everypony makes mistakes. But it is through mistakes that we learn to be someone better,” said Luna with a smile.

“I know. But what if the Canterlot ponies still see me as a Daybreaker?” asked Celestia as she looked at Luna, still unsure. “What if when they see me in the throne room with you, they think I’m a Daybreaker and it results in running away?”

“At first, it might be difficult for them,” said Luna. “But as the days go by, they will gradually accept you.”

Celestia smiled hopefully as her ears rose. “Do you really think so, Luna?”

“Of course, sister. Let’s get going.” Luna and Celestia got into the carriage and sat down. Luna was sitting on the right side and Celestia on the left. Luna looked at Starlight Glimmer.

“Starlight.” began Luna.

“Yes, Princess Luna?” asked Starlight Glimmer as she approached the carriage.

“As you will be living in Ponyville, be sure to pick up your things from your Canterlot home to bring to Ponyville.”

“Yes Princess Luna. I will do this.”

Luna smiled. The two Lunar guards started to walk, until they started to fly. Starlight watched the carriage leave until it was no longer visible. Starlight’s friends approached.

“Starlight, since you’re going to be living in Ponyville, how about we spend a night in the library with you to celebrate?” asked Discord.

“It is a good idea, Discord. But first, I have to return to Canterlot to get my things that are at home to bring to the library.” explained Starlight Glimmer before teleporting her Backpack. The backpack was light brown in color. She put the backpack on her back with her magic.

“We will wait for you to return to the library,” explained Trixie. “When you return, Trixie would very much like to show you the skills she has learned since she was a filly.”

“Sure, Trixie.” said Starlight Glimmer with a smile before looking at Spike. “Come on, Spike. We need to take the train.”

Starlight started to walk. Spike followed. Spike had to confess. He was curious as to what Starlight was going to take from her Canterlot home to the Ponyville library.


Starlight and Spike were at the train station, waiting for the train to arrive. There were few ponies at the station. Starlight looked to the left to see if the train was coming. Spike looked at Starlight.

“Starlight, what do you plan to bring from Canterlot to Ponyville?” he asked.

Starlight Glimmer looked at Spike. “From the kitchen, I think I’m going to take some plates, forks, spoons and knives for us to use. From the bathroom, I’ll take a mane brush. From my room, I will take my chest and your bed.”

“And do you think it will fit all of this in your backpack?” asked Spike, a little worried.

“I’m not sure,” replied Starlight Glimmer, a little uncertainly before smiling. “But if something too big doesn’t fit, I’ll use a shrinkage spell.”

Starlight and Spike heard train sounds. They looked to the left and saw the train approach. The train door opened, and several mares and stallions came out of it. Some ponies went out together, others alone and others with a foal.

“Next stop: Canterlot!” said the driver.

Starlight Glimmer started walking. “Come on, Spike,” Spike followed.

Upon entering, Starlight and Spike sat in the second front seat. Starlight was on the left, which was where the window was, and Spike on the right. As Starlight watched the train leave Ponyville through the window, Spike watched the other ponies on the train. Although Starlight went to Canterlot to get her things, she also intended to see an old foalhood friend again.


Firelight was inside his house, reading a book on a red sofa with a smile on his face. The book he read talked about the story of how each city in Equestria was founded and who founded each one.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of a door opening. He stopped reading the book and looked to see who got inside. He thought it was his wife, but it wasn’t the one who opened the door, but his daughter, Starlight Glimmer, with Spike beside her. He dropped the book and went to Starlight with a smile.

“Little daughter! You returned!” said Firelight in an excited tone. “How was your day under the tutelage of Princess Luna?”

Although Starlight was a little annoyed that Firelight called her “little daughter” since she was already a grown mare, she said, “it was great, dad. I learned many things. I have new friends, and I even got Princess Celestia to rule again with Princess Luna.”

Firelight, still smiling, said, “Good, little filly. Dad is very proud of you,” he stroked Starlight’s mane. While he was doing this, Starlight closed her eyes because of Firelight stroking her mane very quickly.

He stopped stroking the Starlight mane and said, “So, little daughter. What brings you here? Did you come to spend time with Dad?”

“No, father. I came here to get my things,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

Firelight was confused. “What? Where is my little daughter going?”

“I’m going to be living in Ponyville with my new friends, father,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

Firelight’s confusion changed to joy. “Ah. Understand. My little filly wants to be close to her little friends so they can see each other quite often.”

Starlight Glimmer started to get irritated and gritted her teeth. Spike started to get scared. He never saw Starlight feel so angry, but thankfully, that anger wasn’t directed at him. “That’s right, dad! Now, if you’ll excuse me… I’ll pack up!”

“OK. Let Dad know when you’re finished,” said Firelight with a smile as he closed his eyes.

Starlight turned and started up the stairs. Spike followed. When Starlight got away from her father, her expression changed from anger to relief. She couldn’t stand that Firelight was still treating her like a filly. She always tried to explain it to him, but it seemed like he didn’t notice or care so much about it.

Starlight opened her and Spike’s door with her magic. The room was purple, a light blue chest with pink hearts, a pink desk, a balcony, a bed with a dark purple blanket and a basket next to her bed, which would be Spike’s bed, and posters on the wall. She went to the chest and basket, and took it with her magic. She closed her eyes as she used her magic. The chest and basket began to shrink in size, until they were small. Starlight opened her eyes and stopped using her magic, and was happy to see the very small chest and basket. She took them with her magic, opened the backpack and put them inside.

“And now, Starlight? What are you going to get?” asked Spike as he was curious.

Starlight started to think. Where should she go now? Maybe she could go to the bathroom to get her mane brush. She smiled. It was going to the bathroom. Since her bathroom was next to the bedroom. But this time, she would not use a shrinking spell, she would put the brush in normal size. She went to the bathroom in her room and saw her brush over the sink. The brush was a turquoise color with a pink glitter design. She took it with her magic and put it in her backpack. Now all she and Spike needed to do was go to the kitchen to get two forks, two knives, two spoons and two plates for her and Spike.

Starlight and Spike went down the stairs together. Starlight was hoping she wouldn’t run into Firelight. Downstairs, she saw that Firelight was reading a book on the sofa. She was relieved. Perhaps, she could leave without her father noticing. Starlight started into the kitchen and went to open a light brown cabinet. She saw that she had several dishes. She carefully picked up two plates and placed them in her backpack. Then she closed the closet. Spike just watched.

Now, she just needed two forks, two knives and two spoons for them to use when making food. She opened a drawer and saw that it had what she needed inside. She took two spoons first, then two forks and two knives. That done, she closed the drawer with her magic and left the kitchen.

She and Spike looked around to see Firelight was, and saw him still reading the book. Starlight and Spike started walking slowly, hoping he wouldn’t hear the footsteps.

“Has my little girl finished packing her things for her new home?” asked Firelight as he took his eyes off the book and looked at Starlight Glimmer with a smile.

Starlight and Spike stopped walking just when she heard her father’s voice. She turned and looked at Firelight, not happy. While Spike had a neutral expression. “Yes, father.”

“Would you like me to go and choose the new one for my little girl?” asked Firelight.

“No. Thank you,” said Starlight Glimmer as she and Spike started walking until they reached the door. She opened and closed it with her magic.

Starlight blew out a sigh of relief. Finally she managed to finish picking up her things. She and Spike started walking through the streets of Canterlot. Spike looked at Starlight.

“Starlight, are we going back to Ponyville now?” he asked.

Starlight Glimmer looked at Spike. “Not yet.”

Spike was confused as he raised an eyebrow. “Why not?”

“I plan to see a foalhood friend again,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

Spike even understood why Starlight didn’t want to go to Ponyville yet, but he didn’t know what foalhood friend Starlight was talking about. “Starlight, I don’t understand. Who is your foalhood friend?”

Starlight Glimmer looked at Spike as she was surprised. “Don’t you know who I’m talking about?”

Spike thought for a few seconds, before replying, “no. Who is it?”

“It’s Sunburst, Spike,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “During my studies at Princess Luna’s Gifted Unicorn School, he was one of my best friends from my foalhood.”

Spike smiled. Now he remembered who Sunburst was. “Ah. That unicorn that was in the same classroom with you, Sugar Belle, Night Glider, Double Diamond and Party Favor?”

Starlight Glimmer smiled at Spike’s response. “That’s right, Spike! I plan on talking to him before I actually move to Ponyville.”

“What do you and he plan to talk about?” asked Spike as he was curious and with a paw on his chin.

“I plan to talk to him about how my life is going, what happened at the moment and that I’m going to start living in Ponyville,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

Spike smiled as he lifted his paw off his chin. “That’s great! You and he can spend a lot of time together after you go to Ponyville to check on the preparations for the Winter Moon Celebration!”

“Yes, Spike. I hope I can spend a lot of time with Sunburst, before I start living in Ponyville,” said Starlight Glimmer.

“And are you going back to Canterlot to visit him?” asked Spike.

“Of course I’m going back here to visit him, Spike,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “And I’m also going to visit my other friends here in Canterlot.”

Starlight Glimmer and Spike arrived at Sunburst’s house. She knocked on the door with a hoof. Footsteps were heard, and the door opened, revealing Sunburst. He smiled when he saw Starlight.

“Starlight!” Sunburst hugged Starlight Glimmer with its hooves. Starlight returned the hug as she smiled. Spike just watched with a smile.

Upon leaving the embrace, Starlight asked with a smile, “How are you? Any news?”

“I’m fine. Now, as a news, I do have Sugar Belle cooked a new type of cupcake,” replied Sunburst.

Starlight Glimmer was curious about the second sentence. Did Sugar Belle make a new type of cupcake? What would he look like?

“How is this new type of cupcake, Sunburst?” she asked.

“It’s chocolate with strawberry sauce and sprinkles of brigadeiro,” replied Sunburst. “I already tasted it, and it’s very good.”

Starlight wondered if those cupcakes still had them. “When did you taste these cupcakes?”

“Yesterday,” replied Sunburst before he was confused. “Why?”

“I would like to taste such a cupcake,” replied Starlight Glimmer, before her ears drooped and she looked to the left. “This if it’s left, of course. But I think I shouldn’t be an optimist, since there probably aren’t any left. ”

Sunburst smiled at the last sentence. “That’s where you make a mistake,” he said as he handed Starlight a cupcake.

Starlight Glimmer smiled. “Did you keep one of Sugar Belle’s cupcakes just for me?”

“Of course I did, Starlight,” replied Sunburst. “Because after all, you’re my best friend.”

Starlight Glimmer took the cupcake with her magic and took a bite, after which her pupils increased. “It’s very good.”

“I knew you were going to like it,” said Sunburst. “You have any news?”

Starlight Glimmer swallowed the cupcake before answering, “yes. I have.”

Sunburst was excited as he jumped where he was. “Really? Which is? Which is?”

“Yesterday, I had to go to Ponyville to check the preparations for the Winter Moon Celebration, make some friends and activate the Elements of Harmony to defeat Daybreaker,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

Sunburst’s ears went down as he was confused by the last word. “Who is Daybreaker?”

“It’s practically the evil side of Princess Celestia, Sunburst,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

“Who is Princess Celestia?” asked Sunburst, still confused.

“She’s Princess Luna’s older sister.”

“Does Princess Luna have a sister?”

“Yes. She doesn’t was there before because her was banished in the sun.”

Sunburst didn’t know what to say about that. He never imagined that Luna had an older sister. He looked away.

“I never imagined that Princess Luna had a sister,” said Sunburst.

“Me neither,” agreed Starlight Glimmer as she looked to the left, before looking back at Sunburst. “Sunburst, I need to tell you something.”

Sunburst looked back at Starlight Glimmer. “I’m listening.”

“As I made new friends in Ponyville, I kind of got attached to them,” said Starlight Glimmer. “So, I decided that I would be living in Ponyville with them.”

Sunburst was surprised. “But which house are you going to live in?”

“At Golden Oka’s Tree Library, Sunburst,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “I’ve already finished picking up my things from my home to take to my new home.”

“What are you going to take to your new home in Ponyville, Starlight?” asked Sunburst as he was curious.

“Chest, basket, horsehair brush, forks, plates, knives and spoons,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

Sunburst gaped, mostly at the first two words. “Did all of that fit in your backpack?”

“Yes. But since the chest and basket were bigger than my backpack, I had to use a shrinkage spell on them,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “But the rest, I was able to put them in the backpack without having to decrease the size.”

Sunburst has recovered. “So, isn’t it too heavy to carry all this?”

“No, Sunburst. It’s not too heavy,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

“Are you going to Ponyville now?” asked Sunburst.

“Not yet. Because I was thinking about us taking a tour of Canterlot with me before I went back to Ponyville,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “Would you like to take a walk with me?”

“Yes. I would like to,” replied Sunburst with a smile as he left the house and closed the door with his magic.

When he closed the door, they started walking on the streets of Canterlot with smiles on their faces. There weren’t that many ponies on the road. But those who were, talked with friends, the foals played, others were going to work and others were going to a store.

Sunburst looked at Starlight Glimmer. “So, are you really going to start living in Ponyville?”

Starlight Glimmer looked at Sunburst with a smile, and replied, “yes, Sunburst.”

“Are you also going to say goodbye to your other friends here?” asked Sunburst.

“Of course I will, Sunburst,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “Just because I’m moving to Ponyville, it doesn’t mean that I’m not going to come to Canterlot to visit you and the others.”

“Starlight, they told me they went to the restaurant, would you like to go there to say goodbye to them?” asked Sunburst.

“Of course, Sunburst,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

It didn’t take long for them to arrive at the restaurant. Sunburst opened the restaurant door with magic and allowed Starlight to pass, then he went in and closed the door. Inside the restaurant, there were many ponies. Some of the ponies were already eating, while others were choosing what they were going to eat. They saw that at a restaurant table in the back, were sitting their five best friends that he and Starlight met when they were at Princess Luna’s school. These five ponies were nothing more than: Sugar Belle, Night Glider, Party Favor and Double Diamond. The quartet was sitting at a single table that faced six ponies. Sugar Belle ate a cupcake, Night Glider, a salad. Double Diamond was eating a cucumber sandwich, and Part Favor had already finished eating, he was waiting for his friends to finish eating, but to distract himself, he was making a balloon giraffe.

Starlight and Sunburst started walking over to the table where their friends were with smiles on their faces. The quartet stopped what they were doing at the table when they heard footsteps. They looked where they saw the sound and smiled when they saw Starlight and Sunburst. But they were confused inside. Why did Starlight have a backpack? They would ask about it later.

“Starlight! Sunburst!” said the quartet in joy. They got up from the chairs and gave a group hug. Starlight and Sunburst hugged back.

As they left the embrace, Double Diamond asked, “Starlight, how are you?”

“I’m fine, Double Diamond,” replied Starlight Glimmer with a smile.

Now, it was Night Glider who spoke. “Do you have any news?”

“Yes. I have,” said Starlight Glimmer as she, Sunburst and their friends returned to sit.

“What is the new?” asked Sugar Belle as she was curious.

Starlight Glimmer knew it would be time soon. She was nervous about the reaction her friends would have. “Yesterday, I had to go to Ponyville to check the preparations for the Winter Moon Celebration, make some friends and activate the Elements of Harmony to defeat Daybreaker.”

Sugar Belle’s ears drooped as she was confused by the last word. “Who is Daybreaker?”

“It is practically the evil and arrogant side of Princess Celestia, Sugar Belle,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

“Who is Princess Celestia?” asked Night Glider, also confused.

“She’s Princess Luna’s older sister.”

“Does Princess Luna have a sister?”

“Yes. Only her sister was banished in the sun. ”

“And did you know from the beginning that Daybreaker was actually Princess Celestia?” asked Double Diamond.

Starlight Glimmer looked at Double Diamond. “Yes. I knew it.”

“How did you know?” asked Double Diamond as he was curious.

“Well, I found out during my first night at the castle with Princess Luna after I became her student,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “I had noticed that she was crying. She had told me that she missed Celestia. At first, I was confused. I asked her if Celestia was her sister, and she said yes.”

“Did Princess Luna tell you the story of Princess Celestia?”

“Yes. She told me her and Celestia’s story from when they were fillies, until they started to rule Equestria, but when she started talking that her sister started to become arrogant, going to the point of not wanting to lower the sun and become Daybreaker, she cried even more when she said she had to banish her own sister to the sun,” replied Starlight Glimmer. “But after a few days, I noticed that she seemed happier with me around.”

“It seems that with you keeping Princess Luna company, she has managed to get happier over the years,” said Sugar Belle.

“Yes. I noticed it too,” said Starlight Glimmer with a smile. “I’m glad that Princess Luna was happy with me around when her sister was away from her.”

“I’m not sure, but I think Princess Luna sees you as a daughter,” said Sunburst. “After all, you were with her when she most needed somepony to keep her company.”

“I think so, too,” agreed Starlight Glimmer. “And I see her as my mother. Because she and I get along very well since I became her student, and she is always with me when I need it most in the most difficult moments,” she said with a smile as she remembered when she was just a filliy, and Luna been with her all these years with her as if she were Luna’s daughter and Luna her mother.

Starlight Glimmer’s friends smiled at what Starlight said. They may not be as close to Luna as Starlight, but at least Starlight has never left the friends she made aside.

“Friends, I need to tell you all something.” started Starlight Glimmer.

Everypony looked at Starlight Glimmer curiously, except for Sunburst, who knew what Starlight was going to say.

“What do you need to tell us, Starlight?” asked Sugar Belle.

“Did you notice that I had a backpack?”

“Yes. And we were confused when we saw you with a backpack,” replied Party Favor. “Do you plan on going anywhere?”

Starlight Glimmer knew that now she would have to speak. She just hoped that her friends would be understanding.

“You can talk, Starlight. We’re listening to you,” said Sugar Belle with a smile.

“So, the reason I have a backpack is because...” she looked sideways uncertainly, her ears lowered and looked to the right.

“Why?” encouraged the friends of Starlight Glimmer.

“... because I’m moving to Ponyville so I can be with my new friends.” finished Starlight Glimmer, now looking at her friends again, nervously.

Everypony except Sunburst was surprised by what Starlight said. But when they recovered, Night Glider asked, “but which house are you going to live in?”

“I’m going to live in the Golden Oka’s Tree Library, Night Glider,” replied Starlight Glimmer.

“Starlight, have you been home from here to pick up your things to take to your new home?” asked Sugar Belle as she lifted a hoof.

“Yes. I already have everything Spike and I will need for our new life in Ponyville,” replied Starlight Glimmer. Sugar Belle lowered the hoof while she smiled.

Starlight Glimmer rose from her seat. “Well, Spike and I are going to go to the train station now to go back for Ponyville.”

“But are you coming to visit us in Canterlot, Starlight?” asked Party Favor to be sure.

Starlight Glimmer looked at Party Favor with a smile. “Of course I will. Just because I’m going to live in Ponyville, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop seeing you.”

Starlight’s friends got up from their chair and went over to Starlight to say goodbye hug. Upon leaving the embrace, Starlight and Spike approached the restaurant door and left. Starlight’s friends watched Starlight and Spike go with smiles on their faces.

Comments ( 6 )

Excited for next story.

Such a cute Glimmy:rainbowkiss::heart:

REALLY good work on this one-shot sequel. Absolutely adored the characterizations, exchanges and future story set-up in all the right places. I especially liked Starlight's reassuring Celestia, Spike's reaction to seeing Starlight's talking to her father, as well as the scenes with Sunburst, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, Double Diamond and Night Glider.

All in all, beautifully done story and I'm definitely looking forward to more of this.

10193281
Thanks. It took me days to finish writing this story, but it was worth it in the end:twilightsmile:

Excited for the next story in this universe, good job with this one. Makes a lot more sense than in the original show when Twilight just up and left.

Login or register to comment