• Published 27th Feb 2021
  • 846 Views, 11 Comments

Late Night Encounters At The Gas Station - Barracuda cyborg



Late night adventure in a Convenience store in the middle of nowhere.

  • ...
0
 11
 846

Thank You And Goodnight

The two looked around the store, with some eagerness they were anticipating another visitor before the night was over. It was around half an hour until closing and the clerks were getting a tad restless. “You think anyone else is gonna show up?” Mark asked.

“Hard to say.” Derrick said, “Although, I’m tempted to do some overtime just to find out.”

The two looked around, until they noticed that Luna popped into the room. “Hello you two.”

The two nearly fell over in shock, “Do you always make a dramatic appearance?” Derrick asked.

Luna looked around, “My apologies, but I believe I might have found the solution to our predicament.”

“Really?” Derrick asked, “Well don’t keep us in suspense, give us the details!”

“Well since our world's magic managed to become mixed up, I’ve found the reason as to why it got mixed up.” Luna said, “Back in Equestria we have found out that our magic can be blocked or messed with due to various items.”

“Like rocks or something?” Mark asked.

“Sometimes it is rocks, sometimes it can be enchanted items, like shields, armor, or just common things like books.” Luna answered, “However I don’t know what could be causing this sort of mix up.”

The two clerks thought to themselves, the idea of magic just simply being messed with by common items was ridiculous. Then again the idea of magic working much like cell phone service, they thought of something that could be the reason. “Oh god… I think I know the reason.” Derrick said before opening the door leading to the back of the store, Mark and the princess followed; Mak and Derrick climbed up the stairs while Luna decided to simply fly up to the roof of the building.

The three looked around the rooftop, nothing seemed too out of the ordinary at first glance; there was some trash that probably was blown about from somewhere else, some old soda cans, rat traps, some wrappers from the burger joint down the road, not much that seemed odd. Derrick sighed as he kneeled down and picked up a large ball of wadded up aluminum foil, “I think this might be the reason.”

“Foil?” Mark asked, picking up the ball and tossing it about, “You think this is really the cause?”

“Well, let’s test it out.” Derrick responded, “Try doing something with this Luna.”

Luna tried to pick up the ball of foil with a simple levitation spell, and to everyone’s surprise, her magic had no effect on it. “This is interesting.” Luna said, looking at the foil with great interest.

“How the heck did this thing even get up here?” Mark asked, knowing that even with all the crazy stuff they had dealt with, this was the weirdest thing to just casually be around.

“Well remember when we had to chase that hobo out of the dumpster?” Derrick asked.

“Not really.” Mark asked, “Was it the one that caused the raccoon problem, or the one that kept putting the lawn gnomes around the store?”

“No, that was the one that believed in that crazy cult; you know, the one with that giant blue goat.”

“Oh right, what was the name of them?” Mark asked, “ Union of Trogdor or something…”

“I dunno, all I know is that this thing was most likely the cause of it.” Derrick said, “How on earth are we gonna get rid of it?”

“I’ll handle that.” Luna answered. She grabbed the ball of foil and place it in her saddle bag, “I have a feeling my sister and Twilight will have a field day with trying to figure out this ball of foil.”

“Well I guess that’s it then.” Derrick said, “How is this gonna get fixed?”

“Once I return home with this ball of foil, the magic frequencies of our worlds should slide back into order.” Luna replied, “You two have managed to deal with this mix up better than I had expected.”

“It gets boring around her.” Mark replied, “In all honesty, I was actually looking forward to who was gonna show up next.”

“Yeah, it got pretty crazy.” Derrick added. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the bits that they had collected since the last visit they had with the princess of the night.

Luna took the bit and placed them into her bag, “And here is your payment for all this craziness.” She handed the two clerks a bag of gemstones along with a small book.

“What’s the book for?” The boys asked, confused with the added gift.

“Consider it a way to keep in touch.” Luna answered, “You two could use some entertainment if you take up another night shift.” She wrapped the boys in a hug with her wings, “Farewell my friends, I have enjoyed our little meetups.” With that Luna took flight. The two looked on until she had disappeared, the weeks of insanity had finally ended.

“Wow, I guess it’s finally over.” Mark said.

“Yeah.” Derrick said, he looked at his phone and looked at the time, “And that’s our cue to lock up.”

The two climbed down the ladder and proceeded to close up the store. As they got into the car they looked at the book, “What do you think she meant as a way to keep in touch?” Mark asked.

Derrick shrugged, soon enough the book began to glow brightly; he opened it up and saw some writing in it.

Derrick and Mark, I am writing to see if this was indeed working. I thought of using this book as a way to keep in touch with each other; my sister once gave one of these books to one of her old students, before Twilight Sparkle. I hope to use this and keep in touch every once in a while.

“Cool!” Mark exclaimed, “Luna gave us a magic book.”

“I’d say it’s more of a journal, but yeah.” Derrick said, “I guess after everything we’ve been through, she wanted to see what else we get into.” He flipped through the book and saw a photo of Luna and all the ponies they had met over their night shifts. Soon enough they pulled out, and drove back home, wondering what might happen next in this crazy job.

Comments ( 3 )

Yes sir. Glad this is finally all up. Add that complete tag boi.

Honestly, i hope we get some sort of follow-up up to this. Like maybe it could just be the letters the humans and the ponies send back and forth.

10728872
You know... I might just do that. Something like a one shot or something

Login or register to comment