• Published 27th Feb 2021
  • 820 Views, 11 Comments

Late Night Encounters At The Gas Station - Barracuda cyborg



Late night adventure in a Convenience store in the middle of nowhere.

  • ...
0
 11
 820

Roll For Initiative

“Have you noticed the odd pattern going on?” Mark asked Derrick.

“What do you mean?” Derrick asked.

“I mean we’ve been dealing with two ponies each time we work the night shift.” Mark answered, “We already go through one, and it’s near closing time again.”

Derrick looked at his friend with a judgmental look, “And by the time we’re gonna deal with the next customer, it’ll be time to close up shop right?”

“Yeah.” Mark answered, “It's like a time loop or something.”

Derrick just sighed as he tapped the counter, “I can deal with the ponies coming in here, but I draw the line at conspiracy theories.” The two clerks looked outside, waiting for anything to happen, soon enough the door opened up. A small green and purple dragon walked around, ignoring most things as if it was in its own little world, “Hey little dude, you need help?” Derrick asked.

The dragon broke out of his concentration, in his excitement fire began to come out of his mouth. The clerks were amazed, for all of five seconds until it hit the chips; at that point they rushed towards the green fire to put it out. “You can breath fire?” Mark asked, still in amazement.

The dragon looked up at the clerks, “Yeah.” He flatly stated, “Nearly every dragon can do it.”

Mark's eyes grew wider at the knowledge of all dragons being able to breath fire; all sorts of ideas began to run in his head. “Dude, what are you planning?” Derrick asked.

Mark looked at his friend, “We gotta test this dude’s fire breath, I wanna see if some of the stuff here can affect it.” Without hesitation Mark ran off to the various corners of the store in his quest to test the fire breath.

Derrick rolled his eyes and kneeled down towards the dragon's eye level, “So what brings ya here little dude?”

“Well I had to prepare for a game night with my friends tomorrow, and I had completely forgotten about the snacks!” The dragon exclaimed, he paced back and forth receding back into his own little world, “

“Calm down little man.” Derrick said, snapping the dragon out of his trance once again.

“It’s Spike.” The dragon said, looking back at Derrick.

Derrick sighed, “Okay Spike, let me help you look for what need, that way we can get this finished faster.”

Spike nodded, “Yeah, that sounds pretty great.”

The two began their hunt for snacks to make Spike’s guys night one to remember, without making Spike cry into his wallet. The two began to look high and low for some of the most common things that no game night would be without. From party sized bags of chips, to the cool refreshing sodas, and of course some candy to help anyone stay up no matter how tired they were.

By the time they were finished going through the list of snacks, Mark had returned with a bunch of spicy snacks ranging from jalapeño hotdogs, to Chernobyl ghost pepper jerky. “Let’s do this experiment!” Mark exclaimed with joy.

“Uhh… what’s going on?” Spike asked, as if knowing his health was in some way going to be jeopardized by this nut case.

“I wanna see what kind of foods affect your fire breath.” Mark answered, “What do you say, wanna do some pyrotechnics?”

Before Derrick could derail this insanity train, Spike threw caution to the wind and decided to join in on Mark’s crazy idea. They started with a bag of spicy lime chips, they had a bit of a kick yet Spike didn’t feel a thing. They tried the jalapeño dogs along with some peppers from the nacho bar, those had more punch; once again Spike did not feel anything. “Is your stomach freaking made of iron or something, how are you not feeling anything?!” Derrick asked in utter confusion.

Spike simply shrugged, “I’ve eaten stuff like this, I guess I’m just used to it.”

“Okay, let’s try the ghost pepper jerky then.” Mark replied as he opened up the bag. The scent alone was enough to bring the two to tears.

Derrick seeing this, thought it was a good time to stop the madness, “Before you guys open this Pandora’s box of pain, maybe try splitting one strip with each other instead of downing the whole bag.”

Mark nodded as he pulled out one strip of jerky and tore it in half before eating it. Spike took his piece and chewed it as well, “This ain’t so hot.” He said, suddenly as if in some cruel form of irony, Spike began to scream in pain. The heat was too much for the little guy; his normal green fire had turned a bright red, he soon started to run around the store as the spice was overwhelming him.

“Holy crap!” Mark exclaimed, “I didn’t expect that would happen!”

“What did you expect, you fed him a ton of spicy foods!” Derrick shouted back, he ran towards one of the fire extinguishers. Spike continued to run about the store, setting things on fire as Derrick followed behind trying to put out most of them.

Mark soon had an idea and ran towards the slushie machine and grabbed one of the biggest cups the store sold, “Yo Spike, chug this down!” He handed the dragon the cup and he immediately began to drink the sugary ice mix. After what felt like forever, Spike had finally finished the slushie, the fire was finally extinguished.

“Dude, how do you feel?” Derrick asked, concerned for the dragon’s well being.

Spike took a while to respond, “Other than my tongue being burnt, I’m feeling pretty good.”

“Well that’s a relief.” Mark sighed after a long session of apologizing, “Now let’s get ya all scanned.” Mark took care of scanning the items, he had decided to say that everything was on him. Spike nodded and walked out of the store, bags in tow.

“I didn’t expect you to be THAT generous.” Derrick said with a smug grin.

“Well it all was my fault.” Mark replied, “I just gotta remember not to be surprised at my paycheck on Monday.”

“Well just close up, I’m gonna get the car started.” Derrick stated as he walked outside.