• Published 15th Mar 2020
  • 1,677 Views, 8 Comments

Needy - Twilight Star



Celestia realizes that Luna is very sad after Discord's petrification. Celestia, concerned for her sister, she is determined to discover the reason for Luna's sadness.

  • ...
5
 8
 1,677

A disconsolate morning

Today would be Celestia and Luna’s first day after Discord’s defeat and petrification. Celestia had just risen from the bed with a smile on her face. She always woke up in a good mood, since she slept early and also because she would now go to the balcony of the room to raise the sun. She really hoped that Luna had already lowered the moon, because then the ponies wouldn’t be surprised to still be at night when it was to be day.

She opened the balcony with her magic and looked at the sky and saw that the moon was still there. She was worried. Why hadn’t Luna lowered the moon yet? Did something happen to Luna? If it happened, what would it be? She needed to find Luna. Would Luna still be in the castle? She hoped so.

Before leaving, she put on her crown and her golden perk. Then, she opened her bedroom door with her magic, when she left, she closed the door.

Celestia decided to go check Luna’s room first to see if Luna was still sleeping, then she would check the other rooms in the castle and then go to the garden. She wanted to go to Luna’s room first because she believed that Luna was possibly still asleep from having spent the night before taking a night out on Ponyville or Canterlot. She started to worry that Luna might not be inside or outside the castle. She just hoped that what she thought didn’t happen and that Luna is either in the castle or in the garden.

When Celestia arrived at Luna’s bedroom door, she knocked with a hoof. The color of the door was light blue and the handle was shaped like a crescent moon in black. “Luna? Are you sleeping?”

But no response was heard. Worried, she opened the door with her magic. When she opened it, her mouth fell open when she saw the state of the room. It had tissues for all sides, the room was a mess, it looked like there was a hurricane around, the pillow was on the floor and the blanket was covered something, it looked like there was something under it.

Celestia approached the messy bed. “Sister? Are you under the blanket?”

“Please, Sister…. leave us alone ...” Luna’s voice was muffled.

But Celestia denied Luna’s request and took off the blanket. When she took it off, she was worried. Luna wore it her black crown and silver regalia, she had a sad expression on her face, tears came out of her eyes and Luna’s cheeks were wet.

“Luna! What happened? Why are you crying?” asked Celestia worried about Luna.

Luna looked to the side and took a tissue from the box. “We don’t know if we should tell you why we are crying...”

“But why not, Luna?” asked Celestia.

Luna felt more tears come out of her eyes. “You will not understand our pain!”

“Luna, I am your sister, you can tell me how you feel. I won’t be mad at you.” Celestia smiled kindly at Luna in the hope that Luna would tell her.

Tears started to come out of her eyes again. She put her head on the mattress and started crying again. “But, what if you stay?”

Celestia hugged Luna with a wing, still smiling. “Luna, I would never be mad at you. And besides, I rarely get mad at others.”

Luna looked at Celestia. She raised her head of the mattress, although she still had tears in her eyes. Maybe she should tell her, since there was a chance that Celestia wouldn’t be mad at her, but she was still uncertain. “I still don’t know, Celestia. I think it would be better if I kept to myself what I felt.”

“Luna, keeping what you feel is never a good thing to do. The right thing would be to vent with somepony you trust,” said Celestia wisely.

“But do you promise not to tell our subjects about it?” asked Luna as she was concerned.

“I promise, Luna,” replied Celestia. “Could you tell me what bothers you the most?”

Luna seemed to want to believe it, but a part of her didn’t want to do that. But since Celestia had promised her that she wouldn’t tell the ponies, she decided that she would. “OK. I tell.”

Celestia sat on the bed while looking at Luna with a patient look. “You can start, Luna. I am listening.”

Luna could feel tears in her eyes just to remember. “Do you remember Discord?”

“Yes, Luna. I remember,” replied Celestia.

She was struggling not to cry now. “You... you know what happened to him over the years, don’t you?”

Celestia was sad as they looked to the right and her ears drooped. “Yes. He started using his powers for evil.”

Luna looked away while her eyes were closed, as more tears came out of her eyes. “You remember what happened yesterday, don’t you?”

“Yes. Discord became evil,” replied Celestia, now sad to remember that a close friend of hers became evil, “and tried to dominate Equestria.”

“And you remember what we had to do, don’t you?” asked Luna, about to cry again just to remember.

“Yes. We use the Elements of Harmony in it,” replied Celestia. “Resulting in him becoming a statue. Luna, I don’t understand. Why are you whining the petrification of Discord?”

“Because... because Discord was my only friend throughout my foalhood!” cried Luna through tears. “And on top of that, we got to date!”

Celestia was surprised. Did Luna date Discord? This was something she didn’t know. “Did you date Discord?”

Luna looked at Celestia, still sad. “Yes, Sister. Discord and I used to date, but in secret.”

“But why did you never tell me, Luna?” Celestia wasn’t angry at Luna, just a little upset that Luna had hidden something from her.

“It’s because I thought that if I told you, you wouldn’t accept our courtship,” replied Luna, crying. “I knew he was the Lord of Chaos, but I never imagined he would go so far as to want to use his powers for evil and also want to dominate Equestria,” Luna lay down on the bed.

Celestia felt heartbroken when she saw Luna cry. Luna continued to speak. “When I met him, I was so happy, since I would finally have a friend for my whole life. He always kept me company, made me laugh and made me smile. We have had a lot of fun over the years.”

“How did he make you laugh, Luna?” asked Celestia as she was curious.

“Whenever he snapped his fingers, then something around changed,” replied Luna. “There was a time when I was sad, he made the flowers that were close to me sing and talk. That made me laugh,” Luna smiled just to remember that.

“Flowers that sing and speak? I’ve never seen anything like it,” said Celestia.

“Yes. But he is the Lord of Chaos. With him, the most impossible things happened,” Luna smiled, but soon started crying again. “But… as time passed, he began to want to spread chaos throughout Equestria. Even if it’s not funny for the other ponies.”

Celestia raised a hoof to speak, but Luna interrupted her. “I tried to convince him not to do this, but it was no use. He teleported away from me, then started to spread chaos, starting first in Ponyville!”

Luna lay down. Her hooves were covering her mouth. “I had to petrify my only foalhood friend and coltfriend! Yesterday, I even got to see his statue to remind me of my happy moments with him, whether as a friend or as a colfriend.”

Luna looked at Celestia, still sad and with tears in her eyes. “Sister, I have a question.”

“I’m listening,” said Celestia, intently.

Luna sat down while she wiped away her tears, but still looked sad. “How long does Discord stay petrified?”

“A thousand years,” replied Celestia.

Luna was surprised. “But Celestia, it’s a long time. Can’t we try to free him ourselves?”

“Luna, if we tried to free him, he would try to dominate Equestria again,” replied Celestia.

“But what if he regretted what he did to our subjects?” asked Luna.

“Luna, I don’t think he will ever be good again on his own, he will need a pony that is kind enough to change the heart of a Dragonequus.”

“But who is kind enough to change the heart of a Dragonequus? You?”

“I don’t know, Luna. I can represent the element of Kindness, but if we can’t do it to try to convert Discord to good again, I believe that only a pony with kindness will be able to change Discord’s heart and Discord will become good and use the powers for good again.”

Luna smiled as she wiped the tears from her eyes with a hoof. “So does that mean I’m going to see Discord again?”

Celestia looked at Luna with a smile. “Yes, Luna. But for that, you will have to be patient for a thousand years. Do you think you can do it?”

Luna started to think. It was going to be difficult for her. Wait all these years until Discord is released from the stone prison. She looked at Celestia. “But Celestia, without Discord with me, who will be with me in the sad moments?”

“Me, Luna,” replied Celestia.

Luna looked at Celestia in surprise and possibly a little sad inside. “You? But you are always busy with real duties and you never stay awake a little during my night.”

“I know, Luna. Lately, real duties have kept me very busy, I hardly have time for you. But when I have more free time, I promise to spend some time with you.”

Luna smiled hopefully. “Really? You promise?”

Celestia smiled. “Yes. I promise,” she hugged Luna with a wing. Luna, in return, hugged her hooves. Luna knew it would take a long time for her friend and coltfriend to return, but with her sister beside her, she knew that the years would pass very quickly before the thousandth year came.

Celestia came out of the embrace. “So Luna, could you lower the moon?”

“Yes. But after that, can I fix my room before I come to have breakfast with you?” asked Luna.

“Of course you can, Luna,” replied Celestia.

Luna hugged Celestia with her hooves while smiling. “Thank you, Celestia. You are the best sister in the world.”

Celestia returned the hug with the front hooves. “You’re welcome, Luna.”

Luna was unsure. “Celestia, do you think it will take too long to reach the thousandth year?”

“Unfortunately, it will take time, Luna,” replied Celestia sadly, before smile. “But I believe that the years will pass quickly and when you least expect it, you and Discord will be reunited again.”

Luna smiled at the last sentence. She realized that it would take a long time for her best friend and coltfriend to return, but with her sister by her side, she knew that the years would pass very quickly before the thousandth year came. She just hoped it wouldn’t take as long as it looked.

Comments ( 8 )

a very nice little story you have. hopefully you'll do a sequel to it. a Luna/Discord ship seems interesting

Nice story, I really liked it. :twilightsmile:

Interestingly, it's been a headcanon of mine that Luna had something to do with Celestia tasking the Mane Six with redeeming Discord.

Anyway, great story. Keep it up. :twilightsmile:

Luna smiled at the last sentence. She realized that it would take a long time for her best friend and coltfriend to return, but with her sister by her side, she knew that the years would pass very quickly before the thousandth year came. She just hoped it wouldn’t take as long as it looked.

It's kinda sad because of the fact that even her sister wouldn't be there for her after what happened with Nightmare Moon, Luna had to spend a fucking thousand years... All alone. As I said, it's kinda sad.

“Luna, I don’t think he will ever be good again on his own, he will need a pony that is kind enough to change the heart of a Dragonequus.”

Later in a thousand years Fluttershy will change him for the better

Aww that is a sad story and apparently Luna and Discord have history together and it was pretty heartbroken that she has to turn him to Stone just to save Equestria and she felt very sad that she'll never see him again and Celestia wants to reassure her that maybe in the Thousand Years they can see each other which it felt like it was a long time but once they got to season 3 It will be worth the wait Luna this was a pretty nice story keep up the good work

I am confused....are they in Canterlot, or at the castle of the two sisters ? Will Luna will still have a thousand year stretch of her own to go through ?

Login or register to comment