• Published 23rd Aug 2012
  • 868 Views, 20 Comments

Equestrian Law - East Coast



The drama of a t.v courtroom lawyer show... Ponyfied... Well... It's more like franklin and bash...

  • ...
 20
 868

A quick sitrep, and a hunt for a friend.pt1.

It's been about a week. I won't lie. I didn't mean to stay here this long. I had hopped to just come here, do my job, then go. But... I can't seem to bring myself to leave.

I don't know why. I just... I can't seem to get up the nerve to say goodbye.

I hardly know anypony here beyond a business relationship, I have no ties here but...

I can see her.

I know it sounds lame but... I mean...

It's allot like a diabetic filly in a candy store. I know I can't actually have any, but at least I can look...

That sounded too sexual...

Which is a little awkward...

Nevermind, point is, I don't think I can leave till I settle things with cherilee.

Ugh...

I need a coffee.
------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trixie. You home?"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is making pancakes in the kitchen!"

"It's a yes or no question Trix, no need to shout."

I bought this place about three days ago.

That is to say, some ponies helped me build it in exchange for a hoof-full of bits and invitations to a big dinner party...

Oh that Pinky Pie...

I cantered into the kitchen and the smell of Trixie's meal made my stomach growl. If she weren't an expert monster slayer, I swear she'd be a chef. Trixie lives with me because...

Well... I actually don't rightly know. She swore on celestia's name she'd catch the next train out and never did. I'm glad she's around, get to talk to an old colleague and I don't have to cook my meals. Which is a pretty good thing seeing as how I'm terrible in the kitchen.

"Would you like some?"

"Yes I would, thanks Trix."

"Trixie must insist you stop calling her 'Trix'. It makes Trixie feel dirty... Or fruityly delicious... And The Great and Powerful Trixie is neither of those things!"

"So. Trixie... Have you found a job yet? I mean, I'd never make you pay rent but... I mean... There's only so much legal work in ponyville and nothing else is going on in equestria... Well, not that I'm in any rush to hurl myself into anything serious."

An uppidy 'huff' is what I got as a response. Which was admittedly better than the last time I asked about the job hunt.

That time I got a hot pancake to the face.

"Trixie will find work when she decides she must and no sooner."

"What ever you say... Hey... Did you... Did you read this?"

I had picked up the paper, only to look at least mildly busy and the headline caught my attention.

CHANGELING P.O.W TRIAL POSTPONED; LAWYER ATTACKED ATTENDING GUARDS

That... Was serious... I knew the mare on that case. Honor Roll was the most docile thing, she wouldnt hurt a sprite... Not that she could, being crippled as she is...

"Says Honor Roll-"

"I know."

"Weren't you two-?"

"We were."

"Could she really have-?"

"Not sure."

"Is she-?"

"Haven't checked."

"Do you still-?"

"A little."

"Then why haven't-?"

"Stop asking."

"But she-"

"Seriously, stop."

"And you-"

"Last warning."

"I just want to-"

-!!!!!THERCRASH!!!!!-

"SHUT! UP!"


She blew up my table and stormed out, from what I could see beyond the flak curtain of the wood-chippy painsplosion...

She was Crying.

Why do women hate me?

"Trixie wait!"

I charged out after her, my wings beating to catch up. For a unicorn, she's quite fast.

"Trixie?! Trixie! I'm sorry! I just wanted to help!"

I bet I looked pretty dumb, hovering above the statue in town and yelling to a ninja unicorn who probably hates me right now. But I didn't have allot of options.

"Mag. What are you doing?"

"Cherilee... Hey... Uhhhmmm... I uhm... Lost my friend..."

"That's no shock. What happened?"

"I talked too much..."

"Well that's actually a refreshing change. Is it as bad as being ignored for just shy of a decade?"

"Cheelee, I-"

"Don't bother. Let's find your friend."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment