• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,052 Views, 47 Comments

The NUTTAHZ and 'Dat Plot' - Suke



The NUTTAHZ Club member's antics throughout the main plot of MLP:FIM. Maniacal Laugh!

  • ...
 47
 1,052

Where the Sun went

Where the Sun Went

Pinkie had left the newly founded NUTTAHZ to their own devices, claiming she had to be in town for something. She didn’t know what that something was, except important. The next few hours were then wasted away by getting lost in the labyrinthine underground. There were seemingly infinite levels. Ghostly and Suke had lost count of the number of floors they’d gone down. Each and every one of them was a blank canvas and a maze. The unlucky pair would still be struggling to trace their hoof steps back to ‘The realm of the living’, if it weren’t for a simply wonderful discovery; The Elevator.

And so, the mysteriously moving metal room carried them upwards, dropping them off in a little alcove in the clubhouse. Having been fed up with just Suke for company (don’t get her wrong. He’s an alright stallion in general. Just… prolonged exposure is a trial to say the least) Ghostly suggested they head back into town and see if there’s anything going on before the Official Sun Raising. As it turned out, there was: Twilight Sparkle’s surprise welcoming party. All was silent as Twilight entered the Tree Library.

“Huh, rude much?” Spike huffed.

“Sorry Spike, but I have to convince the princess that Nightmare Moon is coming and we’re running out of time. I just need to be alone so that I can study without a bunch of crazy ponies trying to make friends all the time. Now where’s the light?”

The Library lit up and everypony surrounding Twilight shouted, “SURPRISE!” Followed by party blowers and poppers going off. Twilight just moaned.

“So this is that unicorn you said you knew who’s Celestia’s ‘faithful student’?”

“Yeah. She’s all work and no play though; a real bore. There was this one time when- Oh My Gosh! They’re here too?”

Ghostly just managed to keep up with Suke as he flew over to three unicorn mares chatting to themselves.

“It certainly isn’t a Moondancer party but I suppose it’s still fun.” Said the pink haired one.

“Oh come on Twinkie! Give it some time, it’s only just started!” Suke said as he landed next to her.

“Hello Suke.”

“Hi! Didn’t know you were gonna be here.”

“Lemon thought we should give Twi some moral support. That and we all needed a break from the city.”

“Cool… cool… You guys haven’t met my housemate yet, so here; this is Ghostly Glow.”

“Charmed.” Said Twinkie. The other two nodded their agreement.

“And these mares here are Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lemon Hearts.”

“It’s nice to meet you all. Suke speaks highly of you.”

“You mean when he actually speaks sense?” Asked Twinkleshine.

“Hey. I’ll have you know that- Oh My Gosh! They’re here too?” And with that, Suke flew to another part of the party.

“Now that he’s gone; tell me about yourself Ghostly.”

“Oh, you can call me Ghostie or Ghost if you want. My friends usually do, and a friend of Suke’s is a friend of mine.”

“Then you can call me Twinkie. I must say, you seem oddly…”

“-Normal for someone living with Suke? I just have more self-control around new people. The time doesn’t call for it… yet.”

“Foreboding!” Suke yelled over the party.

“So what is it you do?”

“Well, my special talent is paranormal investigation. There’s a surprisingly large need for it in rural towns such as this one.”

“Oh really? Do tell.”

“Alright. My first case here was a few years back. Pinkie (the pony hosting this party) was just moving into Sugar Cube Corner (you should go there if you haven’t already) and the Cakes, who owned the place, said they’d give her a discounted rent offer if she could deal with a ghost problem in the spare room. So she comes to me and…”

The conversation went on throughout the night, the Canterlotians loving Ghost’s Ghost stories (as Suke called them), hanging on every word. In between stories, they briefly explained their jobs. Lemon ran a matchmaking agency, which went down well with all the rich folk in the cities. Twinkie was an astrologist who wrote the horoscope for three biggest Canterlot Tabloids, each under a different name. Minuette (or Mini) was between jobs. Her special talent was keeping time, and so had been a bigwig’s secretary and/or assistant, keeping track of his appointments. Said Bigwig got into a lawsuit and Mini lost her job. It did however give her time to train to be a dentist.

Time wore on and everypony started heading to the Town Hall. Suke had rejoined Ghost and co. on the way, just as another story was coming to an end.

“-and the red stuff was everywhere, sticking to everything; took a week to get it out of my fur completely. Yeah, the job was done, but never again will I cross the beams. None of the others seemed to realise how close we came to destroying reality as we knew it. They just trotted off on their way. I made it clear I didn’t want them working in Ponyville again. There’s good crazy, and then there’s just plain stupid crazy.”

“Wow.” The three unicorns said in unison.

“Dangerous work at times, but it pays the bills. Suke here doesn’t even have to work to pay the rent, do you lazy guts?”

“Nope. Guilt-tripped my parents. Well, half guilt-tripped, half offered a deal they couldn’t refuse. I went on about how if they didn’t want to look after us personally they could just send us each money to keep us out of their manes and look like they still care.”

“Of course. Your parents were always concerned over their image.” Twinkie remarked.

The Town Hall was packed to the brim with excited ponies. Suke flew up next to his sister Ditzy to have quick chat. Ghostly decided to stay on the ground, and overheard Pinkie talking Twilight’s ear off.

“-and I went *gasp*. But I mean, really? Who can top that?”

The animal caring Pegasus Fluttershy conducted her band of birds, announcing Mayor Mare’s arrival on the stage.

“Fillies and Gentlecolts. As Mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!” All ponies present cheered, except for Twilight Sparkle, who looked concerned for some reason. “In just a few moments…”

Ghostly fazed the Mayor out as she noticed two things. Firstly, and most unimportantly, Suke and Ditzy were quietly giggling about something or other. Secondly, Twilight was looking even more worried as she looked up at the moon. Ghostly followed suit to witness the ‘Mare in the Moon’ vanish as four stars hid behind the Moon. Looking back down, Ghostly could now see a hint of fear in Twilight’s expression.

Mayor Mare’s voice continued, “- the Sun and the Moon each and every day. The good. The wise. The bringer of Harmony to all of Equestria. Princess Celestia!”

All eyes went up to the balcony as the fashionable Rarity opened the curtains, using her mouth instead of her magic for some reason. Behind said curtains was just empty space. Ponies gasped and whispered their confusion.

Twilight add to the voices with, “This can’t be good.”

“Remain calm everypony. There must be a reasonable explanation.”

“Oo, oo. I love guessing games! Is she hiding?” Pinkie tried looking under herself.

Rarity returned from the Halls back room. “She’s gone!”

More gasps along with Pinkie saying, “Ooooo, she’s gooooood.” And then she screamed.

A large midnight blue cloud of sparkling mist appeared on the balcony. Out of the cloud came an alicorn of pure darkness, one with the night, filled with jealousy.

“Nightmare Moon.”

“Oh Snap! Twilight was right all along!” Suke shouted.

“Oh my beloved subjects; it’s been so long since I’ve seen your precious, little, sun loving faces.”

“What did you do with our Princess?” demanded Rainbow Dash, always one to pick a fight with immortal deities. She even tried to charge the alicorn.

Her good friend Applejack held her back by the tail. “Whoa there nelly.”

“*Insert evil laugh* Why? Am I not ‘royal’ enough for you? Don’t you know who I am?”

“Oo, oo.” Pinkie Pie again. “More guessing games. Erm, Hokey Smokes. How about: Queen Meanie. No! Black Snooty! Black Snooty!” Applejack, ever the multi-tasker, managed to shove a cupcake in Pinkie’s mouth.

“Doesn’t my crown count, now that I’ve been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legends? Did you not see the signs?”

“I did!” declared Twilight, just as Suke pointed at her and said:

“She did!” Twilight gave Suke an annoyed look. “Sorry.”

“And I know who you are. You’re the Mare in the Moon; Nightmare Moon.” More gasps. I swear that’s all they really do this episode- I mean… just more gasps.

“Well, well, well. Somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I’m here.”

“You’re here to… to…”

“Mwahahahahaha! Remember this day little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth: The Night. Will last. Forever!” More evil laughter. Indoor lightning. Sense of doom.

“So cliché,” Ghostly muttered to herself.







Don’t worry; I wasn’t going to end it there. Just thought I’d pause for dramatic effect.

So Nightmare Moon left, or fled according to Rainbow Dash. The pony with a death wish tried giving chase but the now cloud of sparkling mist got away. Most ponies galloped home to lock themselves in, herd instinct and so on. Ditzy mentioned something about how her friend may know something about all this and went to find him. A strange little orange colt unicorn seemed unfazed and merely walked out as if he had prior made arrangements that he intended to be fashionably late for.

As Twilight galloped off to her library, undoubtedly to find an actual solution instead of just hiding, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie followed her, leaving Ghostly and Suke by themselves.

“Aww sweet! The buffet table’s still got loads left. Thank you Miss Moon!”

While he stuffed himself, Ghostly pondered on what to do.

“We should find some way to help.”

“Of course!”

“But how?”

“Well.” Suke swallowed another mouthful. “Twilight’s probs gonna go after the Elements of Harmony.”

“What?”

“Twilight was reading about all of this yesterday in Canterlot. Overheard her talking to herself, as she does it frequently, and said something about Elements of Harmony being used last time.”

“Oh… Ok. Any idea where they are?”

“Everfree forest would be my guess. There are some old ruins there and the last librarian told me they’re the remains of the old royal castle. Rumour is that Celestia left the Elements there, not wanting to touch them after having to use them on her own sister. Kinda stupid leaving them unguarded like that.”

“I… just… when have you paid enough attention to know this?”

“When I first moved here. Wanted to know the area. Wouldn’t your job take you there anyway?”

“Nopony goes into Everfree, so they wouldn’t know if there were paranormal activities going on. I certainly wouldn’t go in there without somepony paying me.”

“Then what do we do now?”

An idea came to Ghostly, light bulb and all. “Nightmare Moon never said anything about having captured or defeated Celestia. We should find her.”

“Well, the only places I can think of for where she’d be are here, but evidently not according to Rarity, Everfree, which is out of the question, and Canterlot.”

“But that’s miles away!”

“Oh psssh.” Suke said as he lead Ghostly out of the Hall, the buffet table now crumbless. He positioned himself for launch. “Quick! Grab my tail!” The way he said it made Ghostly mindlessly do so. They took off at an amazing speed while Suke shouted:

“ADVENTUUUUUUUuuuuuuu-”

‘ZOOP!’


‘ZOOP!’

“-uuuuuuUUUURE!” *SMASH*

Glass everywhere, Suke spread out on the opposite wall, his head spinning, Ghostly somehow on all fours, staring at an Alicorn sun-bathing on an indoor beach with its own miniature Sun. A swimming pool was at her hooves, about a hundred square hooves in size. The alicorn, Celestia, was on a deck-chair, with a levitating iced drink by her face. It had a straw, which was in a state of limbo, mid-sip, as the Princess of the Sun stared over her sunglasses (styled like John Lennon’s, although most ponies wouldn’t know that).

The drink was eventually lowered, and then Celestia’s magic enveloped the glass shards, fixing the damage. Once the window was repaired, the sound of ice clinking on glass and pouring liquids were heard out of Ghostly's view, her eyes still fixed on her Princess. At the same time, Suke was peeled off the wall. Both he and Ghostly were levitated on to (newly apparent) additional deckchairs and handed drinks.

"So, my little ponies, how goes the celebrations in Ponyville?"
Celestia wore an odd grin. One that seemed knowing yet enquiring. Ghostly had seen it once or twice before. In a mirror before a pulling off a prank usually. Suke had a word for it... what was it again? Ogre? No, that wasn't it...

"Troll." Ghostly blurted out, albeit quietly.

"What was that dear?"

“She says you’re a troll, and to be honest I can see what she means. What in your name are you doing here with your Sister back with a vengeance?” Suke added, enjoying his drink.

“Having a well-earned break from everything.” Suke and Ghostly would have dropped their drinks if Celestia wasn’t holding them in place with her magic. “And besides, I can’t go letting the populace get lazy and dependant. You never know when deities might get bored and just off and leave.”

Suke was the first to recover, chuckling slightly. “You know, that’s hilariously true. I suppose you have the utmost faith in your ‘faithful student’ to solve the situation?”

“Oh, most definitely. Then again, I’ve been wrong before about my subjects. She might be so stubborn as to actually not accept any help from those I arranged for her to meet.”

Ghostly finally spoke up. “You mean those five we saw earlier were-”

“Yep. All planned out; except for the pink one. Didn’t have to with her Pinkie sense on the prowl. They’ll have their problems here and there but all’s well that ends well and so on.”

“Welp! With that sorted I’m gonna-”

Suke abruptly began giggling uncontrollably mid-sentence, one fore-hoof pointed at Ghostie, the other clutching his chest. It died down slowly and Suke had to wipe a tear from his eye, letting out a satisfactory sigh.

“Sorry; had this sudden urge to ‘Giggle at the Ghostie’. As I was saying though, I’m gonna head off to watch those six mares hopefully succeed in their mission. It’ll be a lot more fun than sitting around and waiting. You coming Ghostie?”

“Oh, do stay Miss Glow. I would love some company.” Celestia had that grin again.

“I-”

“Well, seeya then.” Suke bowed in mid-air towards Celestia. “Until another time, Princess Trollestia.”

Glass was broken again. As ‘Trollestia’ repaired it once more she turned to Ghostie. Ghostie smiled at the look of slight confusion on the Princess’s face.

“You’re stuck with that name now. I quite like it too.”

“I can only hope that he keeps it to more private encounters.”

“Don’t keep your hopes up.”

The room fell into silence, bar the sound of ice on glass and the sloshing pool. Ghostie didn’t like having to sit here, but she didn’t seem to have a choice in the matter. Trollestia smiled contently, her eyes hidden behind her sunglasses. Ghostie could sense an encroaching feeling of random emotions. She needed to have some fun, stat! The Princess leant back, at peace. Target acquired. The goggles came down over the Pegasus’ eyes.

“So what do you want to… do…? Miss Glow?” Trollestia had turned to make conversation with her now missing bathing companion. “Now where’d she go?”


I was about to switch over to see what Suke was up to, but I remembered this chapter wasn’t about him. All you need to know right now is he found the girls giggling their way through the forest, looking after themselves fine. He then heads over to meet Nightmare Moon and converse with her while they waited. Of course, I could narrate it in more detail, but I think you’d prefer the ninja torment of Trollestia (as she will be known out of company) over Suke chatting it up with the baddie; I know I would. But for those that would prefer Suke (you ungrateful cretins) know that I’ll cover it some other time. Maybe as a flashback, maybe in song, who knows?


We now return to Trollestia’s private indoor swimming pool to see the beginnings… of… Dammit, Ghostie jumped the gun! Fine then. I’ll just Ad lib. Trollestia looked around warily, not knowing where the crazed Pegasus would strike next. Over by the two doors to the separate changing rooms, there lay a chalkboard eraser and an empty bucket surrounded by its former contents, water. (Why there were changing rooms in the first place, no one but the Princess knows.)

The doors had been slightly ajar, so the Princess had curiously opened one, only to be hit on the head by the eraser. The chalk dust came into contact with Trollestia’s flowing mane and atomised. The room was empty. The second room was entered with more caution, yet the bucket still managed to remain undetected until it was too late. Any water that struck her mane evaporated, but her coat got soaked. Upon finding this room to also be empty, Trollestia had returned to the poolside to find a note attached to her deck chair. It read, in large, wobbled script: ‘This is only the beginning’.

Presently, the lights cut out, or in this case, Ghostly somehow managed to block off the Sun’s rays from the rest of the room, yet maintain the previous temperature. It was pitch black and toasty, all in one. The only light now was the Princess’s natural glow, reaching maybe a couple of hooves out into the dark. Trollestia couldn’t fathom how this was possible, and while trying to explain this phenomenon she almost missed the music that began to play. It had a morbid beat, shortly joined by lyrics.

“Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo… I ain’t happy but, I’m feeling glad. I got sunshine, in a bag. I’m useless, but not for long, the future, is coming on-”

The lyrics began repeating, and over it, maniacal laughing, like that of a mad queen, could be heard. No source could be discerned for the music or Ghostly’s voice.

“-Finally someone let me outta my cage!-”

A brief gust of air brushed past Trollestia’s tail. She turned around, quick as a whip. There was a clonk and a squelch as her hoof stepped in a metal container (probably another bucket) filled with something sticky. So sticky, in fact, that the hoof could not be removed. Another gust, this time accompanied by a pair of slaps on Trollestia’s flanks, right where her cutie marks were. The free front hoof went up to feel some irremovable paper covering a flank. A glance told her she now looked like a blank-flank.

“-Intangible-”

Movement right in front of her. Magic went out to find the culprit. Not a trace of presence. The Princess sighed and lowered her head. Suddenly, she jumped back, stumbled and landed on her backside.

“-Sit and lose-”

Scratched into the floor ahead of her, glowing in the dark, was the word ‘BOO!’ Trollestia was now breathing heavily. The combined atmosphere of music, lack of light and the impossibility of the situation were stopping her from thinking clearly.

“-You think it's fictional. Mystical? Maybe. Spiritual? Hearable. What appears in you is a clearer view 'cause you're too crazy-”

“Miss Glow. If you could please halt this nonsense, it would be most appreciated.” Trollestia failed miserably in hiding the irrational fear in her voice, the words coming out rushed.

“-Priceless!-” Ghostly shouted in time with the song.

There was a click and a flash; Ghostly had just taken a photo and Trollestia knew it. The song’s chorus began again. The lyrics to it showing up randomly like the other one had earlier, scratched in and glowing. Trollestia sensed out her Sun and started galloping towards it as fast as she could, considerably slower than hoped due to the metal bucket attached to her hoof. Something long and thin obstructed her hooves, and she fell, muzzle first, into what felt like a cake. She pulled away to see it was indeed the remains of a cake. A lick of the lips made it evidently a badly made cake; disgusting in fact. How was she falling for such tricks? They were so… so… SIMPLE!

“-The essence, the basics-”

Another photo was taken, yet Trollestia still couldn’t sense Ghostly’s presence. Shakily, she got back onto all fours. Fear was slowly beginning to be replaced by frustration, with a hint of anger. She doubted Ghostly would show the pictures to anypony other than maybe Suke, but there was always the chance they’d be seen by somepony important, or, Faust forbid, Twilight! Her student might just as well murder Miss Glow, and possibly all of Ponyville in her rampage. Mass equicide! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh-

“-Corruption in disguise-”

Was that a jab at her?

“-Now I’m sucking to your lies-”

That most certainly was. A sound was heard. A metaphorically fatal mistake on Ghostly's behalf, as far as Trollestia was concerned. She silently (metal bucket and all) followed the direction of the sound. It sounded like the Pegasus had fallen in the pool and was flailing to get out. Only, the sound stopped when Trollestia reached the poolside. The water seemed only mildly disturbed. Another noise, directly behind. Her body turned ninety degrees, her head turning the remaining ninety. Nothing.

“-No squealing, remember-”

Ghostly appeared literally right in front of Trollestia’s muzzle. The Princess's wide-eyes expression could be seen reflected on the goggles.

She whispered loudly with the song, “-That it’s all in your head!”

Admittedly, no squealing ensued. No, it was the piercing screams of a deity that came to Ghostly’s ears, the force of which blowing her a good few metres away. Trollestia’s hooves scuttled, tripping over each other. With a mighty splash, the Mistress of the Sun stumbled into the pool water with the grace of a ballet dancer with four super left (lefter than left) hooves, said ballet dancer being high, drunk and physically ill, all in zero G. Needless to say, grace in the negatives, anti-grace if you prefer.

As it turns out, the sound Trollestia had heard coming from the pool was Ghostly noisily pouring chalk into the water. She could’ve done it silently as with everything else, but you may have guessed the noise was a lure; hook, line and sinker really. The sheer volume of chalky water overpowered Trollestia’s mane. She managed to climb out of the pool, mane and tail no longer flowing, but now stuck to her and as white as her coat; a ghost of her former self. The music was fading with a short lyrical repeat. The Sun was uncovered. The manic prankster was manic no more. Where once there was a gremlin was now a joyously laughing mare. Trollestia’s eye twitched.

“That. IS. IT!

A wave of energy burst forth from the Princess. Her mane and tail were alight, the pool was filled with hot mist, any and all blemishes incurred upon her vanished. The scratchings were wiped clean. Ghostly was silent.

WE SHALL NOT BE RIDICULED SO! ARE WE NOT ALLOWED REST EVERY CENTURY OR SO?! WE HAVE SERVED YOU, AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO ETERNALLY! IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?!

The shock of Trol- er, Celestia’s switch to the long disused Royal Canterlot speech prevented Ghostly from feeling fear. As her Princess breathed heavily, she just blinked. Celestia’s mane and tail returned to their flowing glory, and her face calmed.

“I am sorry. That was uncalled for.”

“I’m sorry Prin-”

“No, don’t say it. You were right that I shouldn’t be taking advantage of my student. Your methods, as unorthodox as they were, brought about the right outcome… sort of.”

“So you’re going to apologise to Twilight and her friends too?”

“Oh Heavens no! I shan’t sacrifice my image. She does not need to know. I’ve learnt my lesson… although, I can’t be held responsible for when I might… let myself go again.”

“But-”

Celestia teleported right in front of Ghostly, staring down at her. The regal eyes demanded obedience.

“NEVER speak of this again in the company of anypony. Except maybe with Suke, BUT nopony else. Am I making myself clear?”

“Yes’m.”

The Princess looked towards the window. “It seems I was right to trust Twilight in the end. They were successful, and now I must raise the Sun once more.”

The Sun vanished from within the room and began to rise over the horizon outside the window. Then the two ponies were swallowed up in Celestia’s magic. The next thing Ghostly saw was the inside of what she assumed were the ruins in Everfree Forest. Twilight and her friends were there, wearing varying jewelled necklaces, bar a tiara on Twilight. The friends bowed, revealing Suke sat at the back waving happily at Ghostly.

Twilight gasped. “Princess Celestia!”

“Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student; I knew you could do it.”

“But-” started both Twilight and Suke.

Twilight turned in surprise to see the stallion, apparently not knowing he’d watched the whole fight. Ghostly made rapid hoof movements, signalling to Suke to keep his thoughts to himself. The others didn’t see while still bowing.

“Sorry, carry on,” He said.

“But you told me it was all an old pony tale?”

“I told you that you needed to make some friends, nothing more. I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon’s return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her.”

“But-” Suke started again.

Ghostly zoomed over to him and shoved a hoof in his mouth.

“Sorry everypony. You just carry on while I have a quick chat with my own friend here.”

She guided Suke slightly down the stairs.

Whispering, “Don’t mention anything to anypony about what we saw in Canterlot. Don’t ask me why just yet. I’ll tell you later, when we get back to the house. Alright?”

Suke nodded. Ghostly finally removed the hoof from his mouth.

“But-”

“What did I just say?”

Suke closed his mouth. They returned to the others.

“-Princess Luna!” Celestia finished.

Luna gasped. (Seriously, what is it with ponies and gasping?)

“It has been a thousand since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together little sister.”

“Sister?” asked the Mane Six.

“Well duuuuh.” Suke commented. Ghostly gave him an angry glare. “What?”

“Will you accept my friendship?”

Luna considered the proposal, still looking like she scared and hopeless. The Mane Six all leaned in anxiously, Pinkie leaning so much so that she fell over.

“I’m so sorry! I missed you so much big sister.” Luna ran to her sister and cuddled, tears running down her face.

Celestia cried as well. “I missed you too.”

Suke and Pinkie started crying loudly, tears gushing out like fountains.

Shortly, Pinkie stopped with a dry face. “Heeeeey.”

“What?” Suke had also stopped, but had to wipe tears from his eyes.

“You know what this calls for?”

Everypony’s eyes widened in knowing. Somehow even Luna knew what was coming.


“A PARTY!”

Confetti went everywhere. The whole town had instantly been prepped for the event. All the town’s ponies ran to greet Celestia and Luna as they arrived by a guard drawn chariot. Spike ran up to Twilight for a hug. The Diarchy approached the townsfolk, who all bowed. A couple of Pegasus fillies placed flowers around Luna’s neck. She just stared at the flowers, looking rather befuddled.

“All’s well that ends well, right Ghostie?”

“Er, yeah.”

“So, you gonna tell me why I had to stay quiet about Trollestia? And maybe what happened while I was gone?”

She did, very quietly. Only a young orange unicorn colt overheard them, as everypony else was distracted by a conversation between Celestia, Twilight and company. Then there were cheers when they finished. Twilight had been allowed to stay in Ponyville to study friendship. Pinkie disappeared. Suke and Ghostly could make her out on a hillock out of town seemingly talking to nopony at all.

Eventually, she came back and the party truly started there and then. Suke went off and pestered the three unicorn mares from Canterlot again. Ghostly got talking with a white Pegasus stallion. I say talking when it was actually that Ghostly was enjoying her own company, the stallion approached, and then he started talking… a lot.

The party went on until everypony watched Luna raise the Moon for the first time in a thousand years. Then they all went home. However, just as Suke and Ghostly were about to unlock the door to their house, a dark magic engulfed them. They found themselves face to face with the Princesses.

“Very good Luna. All limbs accounted for. And you said you’d be rusty.”

“Oh, sis. You’re making me blush.”

“No, seriously. You’ve raised the Moon in front of a whole town, and now you’ve teleported two ponies you only met briefly, without knowledge of their precise whereabouts.”

“I’m sorry, but could somepony tell us why we’re here?” Ghostly asked.

“Oh yes, sorry.” Celestia summoned a bag about the size of an average mare’s head, and a rolled up letter. “For helping us in our time of need, I hereby grant you these gifts.” The items floated to Ghostly. “Sukie Doo, come forward.” He did so without question. Celestia tapped her horn to his forehead. “Now the gifts are given.”

“Are these bribes for our silence?”

“Indeed they are,” answered Luna. “Now, my sister tells me you took some undesirable photos. We want every single copy so that we may destroy them.”

“Oh, those? The films were empty from the beginning. Just part of the tricks.”

Silence. “Oh,” said Celestia. “…Good. We shall be off then. Good night Miss Glow and Sukie Doo.”

And then they were back in front of their house. They went inside and sat in the front room.

“What’s in the bag then?”

“Just give me a second.” Ghostly struggled with the knot. “Stupid hooves.”

The knot came loose. Ghostly peeked inside, only to receive a fierce blast of sunlight to the face. If it weren’t for the goggles she’d yet to remove since Canterlot, Ghostly would have been blinded.

“SWEET PONY JESUS!” She screamed as she closed the bag.

The knot was tied back up. The dark coated mare ran to the kitchen to wash her face with cold water.

Suke read the now unrolled letter aloud,

Dear Ghostly Glow and Sukie Doo.

If I have guessed right, Miss Glow has discovered the contents of her gift. I vaguely recall hearing a song she quite liked recently, and believed this gift to be appropriate considering. As for Mister Doo’s gift, might I suggest saying what I just know you’re itching to say, accompanying actions included to give the full effect?

Princess Celestia.

P.S. Luna has told me about the conversation that happened between Suke and Nightmare Moon before her demise. That conversation may just have been what altered the outcome of the battle, ending in a purified Luna, and not another thousand year banishment. Thank you.

Ghostly came back, rubbing her face sorely with a towel. “What on Earth did you say to cause that?”

“Dunno. We just talked.” Suke replied as he prepared his sunglasses in one hoof.

“That… actually makes sense now that I think about it. Wait, what are you doing with those? Oh Hell! You’re not gonna say it are you? The Princess probably booby trapped them. DON’T!”

“Looks like you’ve got-” The sunglasses went on. “-Sunshine, in a bag.”

From out of nowhere came an almighty, “YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” Followed by some guitar heavy music.

The two Pegasi found themselves stood in mid-air as scenes of an unknown city, filled with strange machines and creatures, flashed by behind them.

“Wh-… B-… Oh, I give up.”

Ghostly started walking in the direction that used to go to her bedroom, bumping into their invisible furniture and walls on the way. Suke had turned around to watch the scenes in awe. Names appeared with apparently important creatures in focus.

“Sweet!”

He took the sunglasses off to see clearer, but then everything went back to normal. Putting the shades back on did nothing and neither did repeating the joke in whole.

“Awwwww.”

Suke followed Ghostly upstairs. The unicorn colt left the window he was looking through and wandered off. The talkative Pegasus stallion from earlier slept soundly in his own bed, talking in his sleep about some random meal he liked.


Next time on ‘Dat Plot’:

Why aren’t you chasing Twilight for her extra ticket? You’d probably get it with your erratic flight pattern.

I have a better plan!

*

Do you like camping? I like camping. Why are we camping here? What are those goggles for? Ooooo, Princess Celestia.

*

Wow… I mean, just… Wow. I look at you and that placid face and expect something like ‘I like Trains’ and then a gruesome death by train, but that!? That was just dark. And with that innocent looking face too. You’re a creeper… and now that I think about it, you’re a keeper!


A/N: Took a while and went waaaaaaaaay over what I originally expected to write, but hey! SHINY! The others should be shorter considering they’re one parters. Also, I realise I've used "But-" quite a bit. Sorta become a catchphrase.

Comments ( 32 )

Lovely. Time to screw with the troll. :pinkiecrazy:

Yay! I nearly got my face melted off! :pinkiehappy:

1164088 Heh. MELT IT'S FACE! Also, I need general feedback. You like how Ghostie was portrayed? The little tasters of things to come? Use of actual episode script to remind you of paralleliness...?

1164139
It was wonderful. Gremlin mode activate! :pinkiecrazy:
Oh, and guess what? Whilst at Hot Topic, gettin meself a Derpy shirt, guess what I found? No seriously, guess.

Really? Guessing games? But... so many possibilities... maths brain break down...
Something... Gorillaz related? I highly doubt you found a NUTTAHZ shirt.

1164192
I GOT A GORILLAZ SHIRT, BITCHES.
Feel like a badass. :rainbowdetermined2:

1165823 What's it look like?

1167542
It's got all four members sitting in front of that statue from 'Rock It' and the word Gorillaz painted in red over it.

1173652
God, it feels amazing owning this. Now all I need is a purple radio helmet.....

1174310 Indeedy doo

1174361
Hey, didya see Silver Sea's new blog post?

1174399 I just have and now I'm completely lost on what's going on.

1175052
We're supposed to write our characters point of view from the plane. I thought we should be pen-pals. It'd seem a little less creepy for a teenaged girl to be on a plane full of men if she knew one of them.

1176541 sure but, I'm a bit more lost than that. plane? I've missed quite a bit it seems

1176551
They've got two chapters up to use as reference. Story is called Rainboom Over Miami, password is Fire Rainbow.

1176594 PM me the link

1176594 Awesome! I'll get on that right away. Who are we sending these to again? The Observer?

1176857
I think so. Don't know for sure.

1176880 I sent hima message asking about it. I hope we got in on it when we tried. Only 14 overall!

1176924
We got in. I saw our names.

1176932 What, where!? SHOW ME! My claim to slight fame!

1176965
In the comments in the fanfic. It's about seating arrangement on the plane.

1176988 found it

1176988 you written any of your part yet?

1177154
Not yet. Will start soon.

1177164 Sent a PM with what I've done so far. Involves interaction. Dun dun duuuuunnn. Seriously though, that's probably how I'd be. Stupid country town upbringing

1177239
It's fine. Matilda (my character) is a bit of a psycho, so social awkwardness is bound to go down.

1177346 But what would your reaction be? So I can writes the rightness of the scene

1177371
Stare you down a bit, ask a few strange questions (along the lines of "Are you a policeman?"), decide you're alright, hold three minute conversation about favorite bands, then tune you out and listen to iPod.

1673779 Now that you mention it...

3849731 This thing has been gathering dust... how... who are you and how did you end up reading this thing?

Login or register to comment