• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,052 Views, 47 Comments

The NUTTAHZ and 'Dat Plot' - Suke



The NUTTAHZ Club member's antics throughout the main plot of MLP:FIM. Maniacal Laugh!

  • ...
 47
 1,052

Meet 'em. JOIN 'EM!

The NUTTAHZ and 'Dat Plot'

Meet ‘em. JOIN ‘EM!

It was a beautiful day in Equestria. The Sun was shining exceptionally bright and warm for its admirers. The Summer Sun Celebration was once again upon pony kind. Nearly everypony was busy preparing for it, be it decorating a venue, preparing food, clearing the weather for a clear sky, or just working on their intended apparel for the evening. This year’s celebration was more special than most too, for it was the 1000th of its kind, although, hardly anypony remembers what started it.

This brings us to the one pony who was not preparing for the sure to be fun times ahead; a lavender unicorn with a straight blue mane, a pink and purple stripe running through it. Said unicorn was in fact Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia’s star pupil, training in magic. Her cutie mark was evidence of her proficiency in magic: a pink star surrounded by six little white stars.

Now, she had just finished reading about the tale of Nightmare Moon’s banishment to the moon at the hooves of Celestia. Walking back to her personal library within Canterlot castle, she encountered three chirpy unicorn mares, each carrying a gift from a mare known as Moondancer.

“There you are Twilight,” said the middle pony. She had a white coat and a curly pink mane. “Moondancer is having a little get together in the West Castle Courtyard. You wanna come?”

All three mares leaned in to hear Twilight’s answer.

“Oooooo, sorry girls. I got a lot of studying to catch up on,” she replied, and with a sheepish grin, she galloped off on her way.

The white unicorn watched Twilight leave, then sighed and turned to one of her companions; a pony with a yellow coat and soft blue mane.

“Does that pony do anything except study?” Before her friend could reply, the white pony answered her own question, “I think she’s more interested in books, than friends.”

The three turned back around and continued towards the prior mentioned courtyard. As the gateway came into view, they passed under a large-ish tree. All of a sudden, a Pegasus stallion came swinging, upside down, in front of them. His vibrant green coat had helped him hide amongst the leaves. He bore a large, if not manic, toothy grin. His yellow eyes didn’t help, being wall-eyed generally unnerved ponies more.

“Helllllllllloooooooo Ladies!”

“Gah! What the hay, Suke?” the middle pony once again speaking for her friends. She did that a lot.

“Just thought I’d, you know…” Suke waved a hoof to ask the mare to finish his sentence.

She sighed again. She did that a lot too. She knew too many sigh-worthy ponies.

“Drop in?”

“EXAC- Oof!” His outburst shook his tail loose from the branch it was hanging from, and he’d fallen, muzzle first, into the ground. His completely untamed mane, a vibrant blue, smothered his face. Suke bounced back up onto his hooves, one pointed at Little Miss Sighs-a-lot. “EXACTLY!” I might add that his mane also righted itself, now sticking up at silly angles.

“Now that you’ve done so, literally, what are you doing here? I thought you moved to Ponyville months ago.”

“Oh Twinkie-” That was her nickname, “Twinkie, Twinkie. Can’t a pony visit his good old friends back in Canterlot? I know I didn’t like the stuffy city, but the ponies I knew are worth the trip.” To prove his point, he quickly knelt, took hold of Twinkie’s hoof and kissed it. He was stood on all fours again before the mare could react. “Now! Worked your way onto Moondancer’s guest list I hear. That’s nice.” Suke had started to absent-mindedly hover. “I like what you’ve done with your mane and tail Pastels.”

The yellow unicorn started to say, “My names not-”

“And Miss Minuette! Did you know there’s this stallion in Ponyville who has the exact same cutie mark as you? Isn’t that just crazy?”

The third mare, a light blue pony with a half-dark blue, half white mane, began to reply, “Well, not re-”

“Funny guy that one. Derpy seems to like hanging with him.”

“How is she?” Twinkie managed to squeeze in.

“She’s super! Seems to be having fun. Always running around with that stallion like their tails were on fire.”

‘Pastels’ opened her mouth.

“Ditzy’s fine… I think. Still sleeping off the Winter Wrap-Up incedent. Every year, she gets lost. Poor Dinky’s having to look after her. The little filly’s starting school this year didn’t you know?”

“Well that’s-” Minuette.

“Mad isn’t it. Just love my family. Even my parents. Forgive and forget. The looks on their faces when I said that. Priceless!”

By now, Suke was flying in a small pattern of circles. He did this as often as Twinkie sighed, so the three mares paid no attention to it. They even ignored one of the other main oddities about him: his vibrant red tail. Not often that you see a pony with differently coloured manes and tails.

“We’re gonna be-” ‘Pastels’.

“Late? Don’t mind me then.” Suke stopped circling. “Gotta get back to my other friends back in Ponyville. You really should come visit sometime. There’s this other Pegasus mare you gotta meet. She’s my housemate. Oo, oo, oo! And then there’s Pinkie Pie. Her parties are Legend- wait for it… -dary.”

“Oooookaaaaaay. We errr, we’ll just be off then.”

The three unicorn mares took a leaf out of Twilight’s book; smiled sheepishly, and galloping away.

“And they think Twilight’s weird. Oooooo! I wonder what she’s up to.”

The magic student in question was currently ordering her number one assistant, a purple dragon with green spines called Spike (-50 for originality, Miss Smartypants), to send an ‘urgent’ letter to Princess Celestia. Suke happened upon Twilight’s massive window just as she turned away from it. He’d caught a shocked expression on her face. An ear was placed against the window. It wasn’t needed, with Pegasus enhanced hearing but that’s how Suke rolled.

“Dusty old books!? DUSTY OLD BOOKS!? But- But- Equestria’s in danger. Lemme read that!”

The letter was magically snatched from Spike’s claws. Twilight feverishly ran her eyes over the letter’s contents.

“Friends? Friends won’t mean squat with eternal night. Spike! Take another letter!”

“Really?”

“YES! Now: Dear-”

She was interrupted by a knocking on her overly large window. There hovered a Pegasus of varying colours. Twilight vaguely recalled knowing someone of said colour pattern, though she couldn’t be sure. Her puzzlement must have shown, because the stallion turned away from her and waggled his flank, showing his cutie mark. On both sides, there was a white spiked circle (like a pointy gear). However, the mark on his left flank housed a bold, black, serif font question mark, but the one on his right flank had an exclamation mark.

“Ugh. What is it Suke?” Twilight asked, approaching her gigantic window.

Suke turned back to face her, held a hoof in between their shared eye line, and attempted to say something. Twilight heard nothing through her quintuple glazed window. She really liked her silent study.

“What?”

“One do-…-ply tell a-… og on.”

“What!?”

Suke visibly sighed and flew off upwards and out of sight. And rather quickly out of site, considering the humungous window.

“Whatever.” Twilight closed her eyes and rubbed a hoof between her eyes. She about turned and opened her eyes. “Back to the letter Spike. Dear- ARGH!” Suke was right behind her.

“I said:” Suke held his hoof up again, mildly shaking it with each syllable. “One does not simply tell the Princess to jog on.”

“What does that mean?”

“Don’t complain and get on with her orders. Or requests if it so suits you.”

“Oh… If I must. How did you get in here anyway?”

“Erm… Twi?”

Twilight stared daggers at Spike, who winced but continued to point upwards. Twi’s eyes followed his directions and came to rest upon the open window that her letter had left through.

“Oh.”

“Well, I have to be off.” Suke chucked Celestia’s letter over to Twilight. She had no idea how he’d got it. “See you in Ponyville tomorrow.” And he was gone.

“Wait. What?”

“Don’t you remember Twilight? Suke moved to Ponyville a few months back. ‘To get out of Stifling Central’.”

“Oh… Oh sweet Celestia! If he hasn’t come back, it means he’s found ponies like him. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!”

Suke heard Twilight’s moans of despair as he flew about like a madpony in the sky above the palace. Anypony paying him any attention would have watched him, flying in the general direction of Ponyville, go straight into a cloud at high speeds and not come at the other side. His action was also accompanied by a loud ‘ZOOP!’


In a house in Ponyville, located somewhere between SugarCube Corner and the town Library, there lived a couple of crazy Pegasi. One was currently out of said house, but the other was still there for the time being. She had a deep black coat, with a dark grey mane and tail; the mane had a hint of light grey. She had aquamarine eyes, also with a hint of light grey. Unlike a large majority of Pegasi, she had different coloured wings to her coat. Light grey inner feather and dark grey outer. Her cutie mark was of a ghost. More specifically, one that looked like a white blanket with holes cut for the eyes and mouth.

Ghostley Glow was reading calmly in a black beanbag in the front room to her shared house. It was past midday, and her housemate had implied he’d only be gone for the morning. Of course, Suke implying something could mean absolutely nothing. Sure enough though, a loud ‘ZOOP’ was heard from outside, followed by the odd gasps of surprise from adults, and cheers from foals.

Also, a rambunctious voice could be heard yelling, “Watch where you’re going! Almost took me out of the sky. So not cool.”

Well, that voice had decided how Suke was going to enter the house. Ghostley closed her book (the author being Edgar Allen Poe-ny) and pulled herself out of her comfy seat. Approaching the door, the mare picked up a thick cushion off the sofa. Tumbling and the joyful screams of foals got louder. Miss Glow simultaneously opened the front door and threw the cushion up in the air. Suke crashed into the cushion, which ‘cushioned’ his heads collision with the wall. He then bounced off and onto his own white beanbag, the cushion also somehow finding its way back onto the sofa.

“Welcome home.” Ghostley said, nonchalantly. She closed the door and returned to her reading location.

“N- N- Not cool?”

“Coolness just isn’t your thing. You’re more… well… hmmm… not got a word for it. Woulda thought I’d have one by now.”

“I- I… I have to get some sunglasses!” Suke charged out of the house again.

“Can’t say he doesn’t try,” Ghostley said to nopony in particular.

Now Ghostley Glow find Suke to be a bit too much… whatever he was, but don’t get her wrong. She had her own kind of madness. Her’s was just a bit more subtle, less slap-stick. And then there was the fact a good book kept her occupied. Suke could get occupied too. Ghostley began to giggle.

“Like with Rainbow Dash.” Again, to nopony in particular.

Ghostley began to hum as she read her book.

I got Sunshiiiine; in a baaag…


Suke was getting funny looks as he trotted home from the opticians; most likely because he was trotting, and calmly at that. He was now the proud owner of some slim lined sunglasses. He also went out on a whim and bought a pair of aviators for his housemate. Even if he wasn’t cool enough for RD, the new shades covering his eyes would at least help.

The Sun was about halfway between its peak position and setting. Suke checked his fur. It was a shade leaning towards emerald.

“’Bout quarter past 5 then.”

The ponies of the coltish lands were known for starting drinking from about now, early by Ponyville standards. He called this shade of green ‘Irish Green’.

He passed Rarity, who glared at him, or more precisely, his colours. She hated how his colours would change through the day, as well as the fact they generally clashed. Nothing suited him clothing wise except white, which was easy to dirty, and maybe black, but black wasn’t his thing. Suke just smiled back. Only thing Suke needed to wear was his new shades… and maybe a helmet every so often.


Suke entered his abode to find Ghostley still reading.

“Nearly done with that?”

“Almoooooooooost. DONE!” The book was clapped shut.

“Jolly good show! Catch.” Ghostley caught the aviators. “Now we’re both cooler.”

“I think we should start that club,” said the mare.

“Huh?”

“You might have been too drunk to remember. We called it the Nuttahz club.”

“Wait… Wait… Vaguely. I recall demanding it be all in Capitals. The NUTTAHZ Club!”

The calmness of the book was fading away. Ghostley’s grin grew wider into a manic smile.

“We’ll get all the crazy folk together and shut this place down! And I shall be their QUEEN!”

“But what about me? I’m a founding member too.”

“I’ll think of something, but I must have the crown!”

“Whoop! Now we just need a club house!”

Ghostley immediately stopped in her queenly laughter.

“We ain’t foals y’know.”

“We need somewhere to gather, without the risk of other members raiding my- I mean- our fridge.”

Ghostley rubbed her chin. “Yeeeees. Somewhere to store trophies and such. I know! Let’s ask P-”

“HERE I AM!”

Neither of the two house-owners were shocked to see Pinkie Pie burst through the letter box. They both chuckled at her uncanny arrival.

“While I wanna join you guys in your own adventures, I have that twitchy feeling saying I’m gonna have my hooves full. I can lend you my old storage shed- well, when I say shed I mean house, but it’s not a house ‘cause nopony lives in it, so it’s just a really big storage shed, but not a big as Twilight Sparkle’s Library window in Canterlot, ‘cause that’s gigantanormous, and now I’m sorta confused, ‘cause I dunno who Twilight Sparkle is and-”

“We’ll take it!” Shouted both of them.

“Alrighty then! Lemme just clear it out tonight and I’ll take you there tomorrow morning.”

An explosion of confetti announced her departure.

“Dammit!” Ghostley blurted out. “Forgot to give her that bar napkin with sign design we were gonna hang up.”

“You drew it with the intention of putting it on our house? I know that sounds amazingly insane, but we’d get kicked out.”

“Does it matter now?” Ghostley found her saddlebags and searched them. “It’s not here. Sure I… She took it anyway.”

“Gotta love that gal ain’tcha. If she can’t join us properly, we’re still making her our mascot.”

“Agreed.”


A/N: The following was my original plan for starting the next chapter, but a block came upon me, and putting the failed start there as a new ending here is the only way I can think for solving the issue. READ ON!


“Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey!”

It was mentioned earlier that Pinkie bursting through their letterbox did not shock Suke and Ghostly. They generally aren’t shocked, surprised, befuddled or in any way confused and/or surprised (whatever word you choose to describe it) by Pinkie’s logic defying stunts. I say generally, because (like probably all ponies in Equestria) when they’re asleep, they will most certainly scream in terror, or in Suke’s case, squeal like a little filly.

Pinkie had managed to relocate the other two to their kitchen, (sat upright I might add) cook some eggs and bake some cookies. All this while the clueless duo slept and sometimes snored.

“Sweet Celestia! Don’t do that! Ever! Or Else!” Suke shouted, blushing in embarrassment.

“Or else what Sukie?” Pinkie asked, completely unfazed.

“Erm… I don’t know, but don’t do it again. And stop calling me Sukie!”

“But that’s your name isn’t it?”

“I don’t like it,” he replied. He then mumbled, “Makes me sound like a girl.”

“You don’t need the name for that.”

Suke just grumpily stared at Ghostly. She however turned to Pinkie as the party mare served out breakfast.

“But seriously Pinkie; Suke may not have anything to threaten with, but I do.”

“Like what?”

“I just call it the Gremlin.”

“Wow. Foreboding much?” said Suke.


“Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-”

“We got it Suke.”

“So, you like?”

The three ponies were stood outside the new clubhouse. Located just on the border of Sweet Apple Acres, the only thing that had changed about it was a massive sign just under roof level. It read ‘NUTTAHZ’, and each letter was either black or white, alternating, starting and ending in black. At either end of the word was Suke’s cutie mark, ‘?’ on the left, ‘!’ on the right. Centrally above the word was the upper half of Ghostly, frozen mid-maniacal laugh, fore-hooves slightly raised. On Sign-Ghostly’s forehead, there rest shaded aviator goggles.

“Not sure how you knew about our sunglasses, but that isn’t them.” Ghostly said, slightly disappointed in this minor imperfection.

“Are you sure?”

Ghostly reached for her sunglasses to find they’d been replaced by a matching pair of goggles to the sign.

“Not gonna question this.” She put them over her forehead. “Can we get a tour?”

“Okie dokie loki!”


A/N: (No. 2) Leaving the inside as a mystery, so as to have fun. Everyone writing for this thing can change it inside however they feel. I will say that it has an underground section (Unlimited floors for more creativity) in which the first is a Dormitory. All done. Now the next chapter will focus entirely on 'Mare in the Moon'.