• Published 9th Jun 2021
  • 1,388 Views, 23 Comments

The Bonds of Love and Fire - Whooves235



Fame and glory, these things are all Spitfire has ever needed she was the Captain of the Wonderbolts. However with the Wonderbolts putting in new requirements and the appearance of an old friend. how will it affect her career as a Wonderbolt?

  • ...
1
 23
 1,388

Chapter 15: Epilogue

Nearly three days later, Orion was finally discharged from Canterlot General Hospital. The coat on his chest that had been shaved away for the surgery was beginning to regrow as well. To celebrate her release, The Bolts decided to have Spitfire, Orion’, and some of Orion's Guard Friends out for a dinner, and after painstaking negotiations, they had arrived at a mutually acceptable solution: a nice picnic, out in the park.

“So why did you two pick this place, anyway?” Soarin’ asked, smoothing out the corner of a red and white checkered picnic blanket.

"It's where me and Orion ran into each other. We thaught it would be slightly poetic" Spitfire said, musing softly at the memory.

“Let’s get those sandwiches out, I’m hungry!” Thunderlane exclaimed with a toothy grin.

“I second that motion,” Soarin’ said, scooting closer to the baskets and licking his lips.

Spitfire gasped, her hooves covering her mouth. “Oh crap!”

“What?!” the voices of the ponies demanded.

“I forgot the pie!”

“You WHAT?!” Soarin’ shouted, a look of horror on his face.

Spitfire giggled. “Kidding, it’s in the basket on the left.”

Soarin’ narrowed his eyes. “You are so lucky I cant say what id like to say right now...”

“You know, if you wanna tell Thunderlane you love him, there are simpler ways.” Spitfire offered.

Soarin’ pressed his hoof to his forehead with a low growl.

“Screw you with green apples,” Thunderlane grumbled.

“Kinky,” Spitfire giggled, flipping open the nearest basket and hoofing out sandwich halves to each pony in turn.

“Thanks again for offering to buy all this, Mr.Rust Rider” Soarin' said as he gave him his sandwich.

“It’s my pleasure. It's the least I could do for all of you.” he said with a smile. “There’s fresh honeycomb in there too.”

"Oh shit really? Damn that's a smart idea" Orion said, chewing on his sandwich.

Rust spread his wings and forelegs wide. “Yes, shower me with your adulations.”

Orion flicked a green olive at the stallion. He didn’t flinch as it bounced off his snout and onto the blanket.

“Well, this will be an off-season for the record books.” Soarin’ mused, lifting his sandwich to his lips.

“At least it wasn’t dull,” Thunderlane said. "And it also wasn't without its benefits."

“True enough.”

Time seemed to fly by for the small group of pegasi, the sandwiches, fresh apple pie, and succulent honeycomb being consumed to the last morsel. Everypony had stories to share, and every story ended in raucous laughter. Orion leaned against Spitfire, closing his eyes and smiling as they appreciated the happy moment. The older mare smiled, happy to help Orion in whatever ways she could. It was a moment of perfection, and Spitfire savored every second of it while it lasted.

"You know...if you had told me two months ago that I would not only be living with you, but also that I'd become your Coltfriend, I would have called you crazy" Orion said chuckling softly.

"Well you know, I like a bit of crazy in my life" Spitfire said, smiling softly. "Besides...with you around I have a feeling that crazy will only increase."

Orion chuckled softly, the stallion nuzzling Spitfire softly. "I never would have been here without you Spit...truly...you have done a lot, and I really can't stress how appreciative I am of that."

"Like I told you before Orion...you mean a lot to me, and it only took seeing you again to remind me of that." She said softly, the mare smiling as she looked up to him "I wouldn't have asked for a better coltfriend than you anyways."

Orion smiled back softly, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead. "Nor I a better marefriend."

Spitfire couldn’t help but hum happily, the mare leaning her head against Orion's chest, hearing his heartbeat. She nuzzled her cheek against him, until Orion’s hoof gently lifted her chin up. His cyan eyes again met with Spitfire’s golden orbs. With a warm smile, Spitfire’s soft lips met Orion's. It felt as if time froze as their lips met, and both ponies couldn't have it any other way.

Comments ( 2 )

Have not read this story. Still not sure if I will but it is complete so it's tempting.

But that cover picture screams "dear god my life time friend want's to be something and I have NO clue how to react to this!"

11737721
LMAO that's honestly fair. The cover photo is very old from when I first got my OC lol. I promise you that it's not what the fic is mainly about.

Login or register to comment