• Published 26th Nov 2019
  • 977 Views, 17 Comments

Frozen Friendship - Melody Song



Fleetfoot discovers ancient magic beyond her wildest dreams....within herself

  • ...
0
 17
 977

Not Enough

Spitfire trotted up to Fleetfoot. They were changing for their big show.

"You okay?" Spitfire asked

"No, I'm freaking out." Fleetfoot gasped "I don't know why I thought thith would work. My parentth are going to kill me."

"It'll be okay Fleet, I promise. We'll all be right here for you if things go wrong. And nothing will go wrong, anyway." Spitfire assured the mare, taking her hoof gently.

"Thank you Thpitfire." Fleetfoot smiled and pulled down her goggles "I'm ready to go out there."


"Dark Shooter, why must we attend this...performance? It's pointless." Icy Mint asked her son as they made their way through the crowd.

"Mother, I want to see the performance, and this will be good for your image." Dark Shooter replied, not making eye contact.

"Oh, very well." Icy Mint grunted.

They made their way into the Cloudeseum and took their seats. Dark Shooter smiled as he watched the skies. The announcer took his position and the show began.

"Now ladies and gentlecolts, please welcome Cloudsdale's pride: The Wonderbolts!" the uniform-clad pegasi flew into the Cloudeseum.

"Let me remind you that normally Captain Spitfire Flare leads the performance. Today there will be sompony else in the lead. Please give a warm welcome to the Wonderbolt's third-in-command: Fleetfoot...wait, this can't be right...Frost?!"

The announcer was startled, as was the crowd upon hearing her last name. The Wonderbolts separated into two rows facing the crowd. Fleetfoot flew between the rows of her peers. She waved at the crowd before arching over the others and flying upside-down. The others followed her, going two-by-two, one from each side. They all turned right side up again and started the show.

"What is Fleetfoot doing?" Icy Mint hissed, and Sharp Skater turned to Dark Shooter.

"Did you know about this son?"

"Yes. You need to give her a chance dad. Fleetfoot is really talented, and you both hate her for no reason. I believe in her."

Dark Shooter had barely finished his sentence when Icy Mint slapped him. Dark Shooter rubbed his cheek, then grabbed both of his parents and pinned them by their tails-and Icy Mint's dress-onto the cloud seats.

"Let us go this instant you brat!" Icy Mint snapped

"Not until Fleetfoot finishes her performance." Dark Shooter responded, then looked up at the show.

Fleetfoot had led the Wonderbolts up into spirals. They swirled around each other and then broke apart. Fleetfoot had them dive down and swoop up at the last minute. The group twirled around each other in couples while she and Spitfire rose into the center. They spun in place, then clapped their front hooves together and pushed away from each other. The two did a series of loops until they came together again.

After performing a few more moves, Fleetfoot led the Wonderbolts backstage. Dark Shooter finally released his parents and they stood, striding off to find their daughter. Dark Shooter flew a different way, he was taking a shortcut.


"That was awesome." Rainbow said, pulling her goggles off.

"Best show ever!" Surprise cheered, bouncing around the room.

"It was really brave of you to tell everypony your last name." Silver Zoom commented, and Fleetfoot sighed.

"Thankth."

"Fleet!" Dark Shooter burst in, and Fleetfoot gasped as the bruise on his face.

"Bro, what happened to you?"

"That's not important, they're coming!" Dark Shooter exclaimed, and Fleetfoot stiffened.

"Don't worry, they won't get close to you." Spitfire said to her, and Fleetfoot sighed.

"How do you know?" she mumbled, and Spitfire lifted her chin.

"Because this is just phase one." Spitfire replied, and Fleetfoot smiled at her.

"FLEETFOOT!!"

"They're getting closer." Dark Shooter warned.

"Time for phase two." Soarin said, and Spitfire nodded.

"Go." He and Rainbow left through the back exit. Fleetfoot pressed into her friend, who wrapped a wing over her protectively.

"What are you two waiting for? Just kiss already!!!" Surprise shrieked, and both of them blushed.

"We-we aren't-" Fleetfoot tried to deny it, blushing,

Spitfire just sighed, shrugged it off, and pulled Fleetfoot in. Fleetfoot let out a muffled gasp as Spitfire kissed her. Fleetfoot melted into it and wrapped her hooves around Spitfire's neck, kissing back just as eagerly. The others could be heard cheering behind them.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Icy Mint and Sharp Skater had come in. Fleetfoot and Spitfire pulled away from each other.

Fleetfoot instinctively lowered her head in shame, ears drooping. She already predicted the yells that would come.

"First you reveal your lineage to all of Cloudsdale, and now this?!" Icy Mint yelled, grabbing Fleetfoot by the hoof and dragging her away from the others.

"You are a disgrace to this family. You brat! Now everypony knows you're related to us and there are going to be questions! Are you trying to make us disreputable?! You are unworthy of those powers, and of your last name!" Icy Mint then tossed her to the floor.

The Wonderbolts flinched and some of them growled.

"Remember the plan, don't react." Spitfire murmured. Dark Shooter ran for his sister and pulled her up.

"Leave her alone!" he shouted

"Dark Shooter, please. Come over to the right side and we will never speak of this again." Icy Mint urged

"I'm already on the right side. And now, you have a choice." Dark Shooter replied

"What?" Sharp Skater growled, as there was a click behind them.

High Winds had snuck past while the two weren't looking and locked the door. Wave Chill and Thunderlane stood guard beside the other door.

"You can turn yourselves in for child abuse, or leave now and never bother us again. Your choice." Spitfire told them.

"Child abuse?! I have no idea what you're talking about, we love our son!" Icy Mint laughed

"You have a daughter too." Sun Chaser reminded her.

"No, they don't." Fleetfoot stepped forward "I'll never be their daughter, becauthe I wath never good enough."

"You're right about that. You little brat." Icy Mint hissed "Now, what do you have to say for your actions?"

"I'm not going to thay anything." Fleetfoot replied. She took a breath and began singing instead.

"To you, I never compared
Tried to make me live your dreams

Want me to show more interest
Always keep a big bright smile

Be a pink little perfect princess
I wasn't that type of child."

Fleetfoot had always felt so helpless when her parents yelled and said these things. But now, as she sang with all her heart, she didn't feel scared to tell them exactly what she thought.

"But I won't cry
I won't start to break

Whenever you try
to shut me down

You won't keep me silent
I found the light you kept from me"

Fleetfoot summoned snow in her hoof and sent a flurry at her parents, temporarily blinding them so she could step closer.

"Couldn't love me if you tried
Couldn't change the pony I am inside

Why won't you just let me be
Who I am?!

I try and try to get out
But I can't break free

From the silent scream
So I ask you:

Am I still not good enough?
Still not worth that much?

I won't stay speechless
When you try to suffocate me."

Sharp Skater slapped her as Icy Mint stepped forward.

"You want to play that game? So can I." Icy Mint slapped her too, then began to sing.

"Been written in stone
Every rule

Every single word
Is centuries old and unbending

You're to stay in your place!
Better off seen and not heard"

Fleetfoot growled and shoved her parents

"Well now that story is ending
I'll break the chains that bind me!

I won't let my screams stay silent
You haven't seen anything yet!

You wanted the best but that's clearly not me!
This is all I can be

So I'm sorry I'm not good enough!
Sorry I'm not worth that much!

But you'll never understand
How it hurts deep inside

If you try to lock me in a cage
I won't lay down and die!

I'll take my broken wings
And send storms across the sky!

I won't let my screams stay silent!
I won't go speechless."

Fleetfoot stopped and her voice began to break. She needed to get this out now before phase three showed up.

"Couldn't you see how I cried for help?
You should just love me for being myself

I'll drown in an ocean
Of pain and emotion

If somepony doesn't save me right away!
You've been torturing me,

I cry and cry but just can't get it out
My silent scream."

Fleetfoot stifled a sob and wiped her tears, then straightened up.

"But I've broken free
I won't stay quiet

Just try to keep me silent
Because I won't go speechless." Fleetfoot finished

"So dramatic. We don't do any of that. Why don't you just shut your mouth? Nopony loves you, freak, or your lisp. You're right, you're worthless. And you can't prove us wrong because you said it yourself." Icy Mint snarled. Fleetfoot backed away from her, about to cry.

"We love her." Misty Fly said

"Fleetfoot's lisp doesn't make her a freak!" Blaze snarled

"It makes her unique and beautiful." Spitfire added, pulling Fleetfoot in for a hug.

"So, have you made your choice yet?" Dark Shooter asked

"We won't leave either of you alone until you give the powers back!" Sharp Skater bellowed

"Then we'll make the choice for you." Rainbow's voice came from behind them.

Wave Chill and Thunderlane stepped to the side to reveal their teammates. Standing beside two Pegasi police officers. Phase three.

"We heard everything." an officer said, moving with his partner to grab the two.

"You can't convict us! We're highly influential!" Icy Mint cried

"And I'm a Royal Guard who heads the army of Princess Luna. I also sometimes head the army of Princess Celestia. My influence among the Military outweighs your own. And that includes the police force." Dark Shooter retorted, turning to the officers "I'm willing to testify against them, if needed."

"That will not be necessary sir, I think the amount of witnesses here already will suffice. We'll need to question a few of them, of course." the other officer replied, and they all agreed to provide a statement. Icy Mint and Sharp Skater yelled in frustration as they were taken away.


"Fleet, about what happened today." Spitfire was talking with her in the Captain's private room. It was night.

"About...kiththing me, you mean?" Fleetfoot blushed just saying it.

"Yeah. I really do have feelings for you, but if you don't like me back..." Spitfire dropped down onto her bed, sighing.

"Didn't you feel how badly I wanted that kithth to latht longer? I like you too Thpit, I alwayth have." Fleetfoot replied, sitting beside her.

"In that case..." Spitfire reached out, pulled her close, and kissed her.

The two fell onto the bed and snuggled close. As they cuddled together and soon fell asleep, they didn't know the storm that was to come.

Author's Note:

Yes, there will be a sequel! It's going to be called Frozen Family, it'll come soon!

~Melody Song

Comments ( 5 )

10012349
sequel comes soon!

If this is a Frozen parody, then who's going to be Hans and his brothers?

10045674
No one, not all the characters are used. Fleet's parents are the villains.

Felt kinda fast paced but very enjoyable.

Login or register to comment