• Published 26th Nov 2019
  • 973 Views, 17 Comments

Frozen Friendship - Melody Song



Fleetfoot discovers ancient magic beyond her wildest dreams....within herself

  • ...
0
 17
 973

Hey Brother, Hey Sister

Dark Shooter led them in one direction.

"How do you know she's here?" Rainbow asked, and Dark pointed to the snow nearby. It was glimmering strangely.

"That's what ice magic looks like when it touches real snow. I've seen mom use her ice powers enough to know." Dark Shooter replied.

"So, how are we going to find her?" Spitfire asked, and Dark Shooter smiled.

"A song that she and I made up when we were kids. She wrote the first line in her letter. That's our thing, we get through the first few verses in writing to each other. Ever since the Queen Chrysalis incident I suggested it to make sure it's really us."

"So you're going to sing it?" Soarin asked

"Yeah, but the first line is Fleetfoot's line. She sings it. I'll start with the second line." Dark Shooter replied, then trotted closer to the snow. He raised his voice and began to sing.

"Hey sister, know the water's sweet but blood is thicker
Oh~ and if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do~"

His tenor voice was carried by the wind. It reached Fleetfoot, and her ears pricked. She recognized him. The others waited, had she heard it? Dark Shooter shifted and sighed. Then...

"Hey brother, do you still believe in one another?"

Fleetfoot's soprano voice rang out, loud and clear. Spitfire gasped and Dark Shooter brightened.

"Hey sister, do you still believe in love I wonder?"

Their voices joined together, and they went in the direction Fleetfoot's voice was coming from.

"Oh, and if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do!"

"What if I'm far from home?"

Dark Shooter asked to the wind.

"Oh brother, I will hear you call!
What if I lose it all?"

"Oh sister, I will help you out!"

They sang together once more in what was clearly the chorus

"Oh, and if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do!"

Dark Shooter ran forwards as a shape ran to them. It was Fleetfoot. She panted breathlessly and smiled at him, still singing.

"Hey brother, there's an endless road to rediscover."

"Hey sister. Do you still believe in love, I wonder!"

"And oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do~"

"What if I'm far from home?"

Dark Shooter asked once more.

"Oh brother, I will hear you call!
What if I lose it all?"

"Oh sister, I will help you out"

"And if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't...do~."

The siblings finished their song and Fleetfoot hugged him. She let go and saw her friends behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Fleetfoot asked them.

"Shivering." Rainbow responded sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "We came to look for you, obviously!"

"We've been looking for you since you left. Spitfire was worried sick." Soarin added, and Fleetfoot looked at her, blushing.

"R-really? You were?"

"Of course, I care about you." Spitfire said, blushing as well. "You look nice, you know. I don't think I've ever seen you in a dress."

"Thank you." Fleetfoot said, looking down at the gown she'd created.

"You need to come home Fleet. You belong in with us in HQ." Rainbow said

"I can't. I want to, but my magic ith too dangerouth." Fleetfoot replied, and Dark sighed.

"Fleet, there's something I need to tell you. It's about your powers."

Author's Note:

The song in this chapter is not mine. It's called Hey Brother, and it's written by Avicii (I have no clue how to pronounce it). It fits the sister-brother relationship of Fleet and Dark so well, I just had to use it.

~Melody Song