• Published 10th Jul 2019
  • 682 Views, 29 Comments

Pokémon: Adventures of Equestria- Volume I: How It All Began - MiraculousDragonMaster



Life in the land of Equestria was wonderful, people and Pokémon living in harmony together. But a darkness was beginning to plague it. Only the Chosen Eight of Legend can defeat it. Let's see who these Chosen Ones are, and what makes them special.

  • ...
4
 29
 682

New Friends at Lunch

Pokémon: Adventures in Equestria

Volume I: How It All Began

Chapter 10

New Friends at Lunch

Applejack and Rarity were in the lunch line, each holding a blue plastic lunch tray. Soon, their trays were filled with bowls of fruit, salad, and yogurt. They both then sought out a spot in the crowded cafeteria. They did eventually a surprisingly empty lunch table near the back. They both sat down by each other and began talking to one another.

“So, darling.” Rarity said. “Where did you get that lovely necklace?”

Applejack looked down at her necklace. “It's ...actually a funny story.” She began, not sure of how to tell her friend about her experience without sounding like she was crazy. Even though Rarity knew that she would never tell a lie, not after that incident, it still sounded hard to believe.

Then, she saw that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were nearing their table. Rarity smiled at them, and AJ knew what was going to happen next.

“Oh, hello!” She greeted them, catching their attention. “Come sit here.”

Fluttershy smiled shyly. “Thank you.” She said quietly, taking a spot across from them, with Rainbow sitting next to her.

“Howdy.” Applejack greeted the two of them.

“Hey there.” Rainbow returned the greeting.

Just then, Fluttershy saw that Twilight and Sunset were looking around for seats. Rarity caught sight of them as well. “Oh, girls!” She called out to them.

Both Sunset and Twilight looked over in that direction and saw that Rarity and Fluttershy were waving to them to come over. Slowly, they did so, but they both took spots across from each other and a seat away from the group.

Then out of nowhere, Pinkie Pie literally jumped into the seat next to Twilight. “Hey, there!” She greeted cheerfully. “You must be Twilight Sparkle. I’m Pinkie Pie, and you’re Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity.” She said, pointing to each one of the girls.

They all shared a confused glance, and then nodded their heads in wonderment. “I thought so. Hold on one second.” She zipped away, and then came back a second later with tray balanced on her palm and her free hand holding Starlight by the arm. “And this is Starlight Glimmer. You girls don’t mind if she sits here, do you?”

Once again, the girls were baffled, but just nodded their heads. Pinkie smiled a cheesy grin and then plopped Starlight into the empty seat next to Sunset. Then, she got back into her own seat beside Twilight.

“Well, um, since Miss Pinkie Pie already introduced everyone to each other, we don’t have to go through all of that again.” Rarity said.

“It...would seem so.” Sunset said.

“So, how long have you two gone to this school?” Rainbow asked AJ and Rarity.

“Since the two of us were little.” Applejack answered. “We’ve been here at this here school for the beginner’s class since we were six, and have been here ever since.”

“What made you all decide to transfer here to Ponyville?” Rarity asked.

“Our school had a random drawing to see who gets to transfer.” Rainbow explained. “And me and Fluttershy were the lucky duo.”

“It took a lot of trying to convince my parents to let me attend since I was homeschooled.” Pinkie piped up. “But I finally managed to let me come here.”

“I also got an acceptance letter to come here from the town I grew up in.” Starlight said.

“My parents had enrolled me.” Sunset said. “They thought that it could be a new start for me from my old school in Canterlot.”

“My mentor thought that I could learn better here than I could at my old school, too.” Twilight said.

“Who is your mentor?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight looked around, and then whispered her answer. “Princess Celestia.”

The girls all gaped at her, but Pinkie exclaimed, “WHAT?!”

The loud exclamation drew some attention towards the table, and Rainbow quickly slapped a hand over Pinkie’s hand to keep her quiet. The other girls just smiled sheepishly, and soon, everyone in the cafeteria went back to their own business.

Once they did, Dash removed her hand. “You have to be that loud?” She asked.

Pinkie just smiled with embarrassment. “Eh, sorry.” She apologized.

“So Princess Celestia is your mentor?” Rarity asked. “I must say, darling, that is something to be kept to a minimum.”

Twilight nodded. “Yes, and it’s because I’m her personal student that I didn’t get along with any of my peers back at my old school in Canterlot.”

“Which school is that?” Sunset asked.

“Crystal Prep.” Twilight answered.

Sunset felt a familiar twang of competitiveness swell up inside of her when she heard the name. “Well, I used to go to Canterlot School.” She said. “Our schools are big-time rivals.”

Twilight nodded. “I never like how much Crystal Prep talked trash about your school.” She said. “So what if Princess Celestia is the principal there? It’s really not a good reason to fight.”

“I know.” Sunset said. “So, you’re Celestia’s new student? Well, I used to be hers, too.”

“Really?” Twilight said. “What happened?”

The red and yellow haired girl bit her lip. “Well, I used to be a bit of a jerk at Canterlot.” She admitted. “When Celestia learned of it, she renounced me as her pupil. Now, I’m here to make a new start from the path I left.”

The girls were silent for a moment. “Wow, that’s deep.” Rainbow said.

“Well, darling, consider yourself going down a new path starting now.” Rarity added. “And you have some friends who will help you.”

“Sure.” Applejack piped in. “If you want it.”

The other girls voiced their agreements. “I’ve never had friends before, but I’m willing to give it a chance.” Twilight said.

“Me, too.” Starlight added in.

“You can use some friends, and it’s nice to make some.” Fluttershy said, not as shy anymore.

“I’m in.” Dash said.

“What do you say?” Pinkie asked, placing her hand in the center. AJ followed suit, then Rainbow, then Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, and Starlight. They all looked over at Sunset with expectant eyes.

Sunset began to feel like she could cry tears of joy. These girls, who she just met and who learned of her past mistakes and didn’t shun her, were willing to consider her a friend? If she was being honest, that sounded like the best thing she ever heard.

With a grateful smile, she placed her palm on top, and all eight girls threw their hands up into the air.

“Ooh!” Pinkie squealed. “Now that we’re all besties, can we hang out after school?”

The other girls all giggled. “Well, Rarity and I were thinking about hanging out at my family’s barn to play some music.” Applejack said. “Y’all care to join?”

“You like music?” Fluttershy asked, a sparkle in her eyes.

AJ and Rarity nodded. “I’ve been practicing to play the bass guitar.” The blonde cowgirl said.

“And though I prefer the piano, I have been coming quite partial to the keytar.” Rarity added.

“I’ve been taking guitar lessons for a while.” Rainbow said. “Count me in.”

“Me, too.” Sunset added in.

“I don’t have instruments at home, but I do love the drums!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“I’m okay with just the tambourine.” Fluttershy said.

“I do a little bit of piano, but I really just prefer to sing.” Twilight replied.

“Me, too.” Starlight said.

“Well, this sounds like we’ve got a band.” Applejack said.

“That would be awesome!” Rainbow exclaimed.

The other girls continued to chatter excitedly about their afternoon plans. The end of the school day couldn’t come soon enough.

Author's Note:

A/N: Finally, a new chapter that isn't a rewrite. I got a sudden boost in inspiration earlier today, and I managed to finally finish this long awaited chapter.

This volume will be completed in about three more chapters, and then the real excitement will begin.

Until the next chapter, I'll see y'all! Please let me know what you think.

Got to fly! ;)

Comments ( 11 )

I sure hope that they somehow get around to talking about the necklaces while they're hanging out. It's also nice to see them finally interacting outside the classroom. :twilightsmile:

Gotta love that Pinkie Pie 'power'

Out of curiosity, what are their full rosters?

Also, will Alola Pokemon be included in the fic?

(Also, when the game releases, will the Galar Pokemon be included)

9768740
I'll have their full rosters out in a blog soon.

And unfortunately, only the Pokemon from Kanto to Kalos will be included. Maybe in the future, I'll start to include Pokemon from Alola or even Galar.

9768885
Say I might have asked you this before but do you plan on using mega evolution?

9770296
I do plan on using Mega Evolution.

9770336
Z-Moves when the Alola Pokemon come in eventually?

When is this getting an update?

9862796
Sorry. Things have been really busy, and I'm trying to get some other stories out of the way so that I can focus more on some other ones. I'm hoping that before the New Year, at most.

Login or register to comment