• Published 10th Jul 2019
  • 683 Views, 29 Comments

Pokémon: Adventures of Equestria- Volume I: How It All Began - MiraculousDragonMaster



Life in the land of Equestria was wonderful, people and Pokémon living in harmony together. But a darkness was beginning to plague it. Only the Chosen Eight of Legend can defeat it. Let's see who these Chosen Ones are, and what makes them special.

  • ...
4
 29
 683

The Chosen One of Magic

Pokémon: Adventures in Equestria

Volume I: How It All Began

Chapter 1

The Chosen One of Magic

Celestia wrapped her cloak tighter against her body to conceal her identity and to block out the winter breeze. It would soon be Hearth's Warming Eve, and decorations were beginning to appear all over the capital city of Canterlot.

The Princess of the Sun and one of the Champions of Equestria wore a pale green winter dress under her darker green cloak, showing off her snow white skin beautifully if one looked a little closer at the mysterious hooded woman. The hood also concealed her long flowing aurora hair which had pale pink, white, and aqua green stripes in it. The only visible thing that stood out from her disguise was her violet eyes.

She then felt a warm glow coming from in her cloak pocket. Celestia reached into it and pulled out the violet geode. It was glowing on and off, like a beacon. She discreetly guided the geode towards different directions. In one particular way, it began glowing slightly brighter. It meant that its Chosen One was close by. She then began following it.

Soon, she came to the Crystal Pokémon Preparatory Academy. Crystal Prep for short. It was a two story brick building with a tower on each corner. The roof was pitched and metal plated, looking like a little manor. This school was one of the very best of all of Canterlot.

The glow began getting brighter as she looked up to the windows. There, in the window on the right side, Celestia saw a familiar 10-year-old girl staring out of it. The geode glowed the brightest it has ever been as the Princess held it up to her. This girl is the one. The Chosen One of Magic.

Celestia put the geode back in her cloak pocket to conceal the glow and went over to the side of the building to wait, since school was beginning to end for winter break. Students will be eager to leave in a hurry, but she knew that that girl won’t be.


Staring out the window was the Chosen One of Magic. The young girl had indigo hair with violet and pink highlights down to her back, amethyst purple eyes, and light purple skin. She was the only student in the school that was not wearing the school uniform. Instead, she wore a pink shirt with semi-long sleeves that extended to her forearms, a light purple skirt with darker trim that touched her knees, and purple slippers with long white stockings.

Twilight Sparkle heaved another heavy sigh as she looked away from the window. Even though she was glad to leaving Crystal Prep, where she didn't fit in at all, she was depressed about leaving Canterlot.

Twilight was the personal protégé of Princess Celestia at Crystal Prep, and just a couple of days ago, she got a notice from her saying that she wanted her to continue her studies at a different school. The Pokémon School in Ponyville, a small but renowned town just south of the capital.

Well, Twilight didn't have friends at Crystal Prep, but she still didn't want to be away from her family. At least she would spend Hearth's Warming Eve with them before she leaves for Ponyville. However, she still felt like it wasn't enough.

She then saw through the reflection of the window students glaring at her as they walked down the stairs, putting on jackets and heading outside. Twilight just closed her eyes and ignored their glares. For good measure, she reached into a dark purple backpack and pulled out a guidebook about Pokémon.

For a while, as she waited for everyone to leave, she read through the guidebook. Twilight smiled at the brightly colored photographs of Pokémon. She couldn't wait until she would receive her own. And one day, she would journey across Equestria to achieve her dream of becoming a Top Coordinator.

Ever since she was a little girl, Twilight wanted to compete in Pokémon Contests, just like her mother did before her. Right now, her older brother, Shining Armor, was on a journey himself to prove himself worthy of being part of the royal guard here in Canterlot.

Soon, Twilight heard no more voices or footsteps. She looked over her book and saw no one. She closed it and put it back in her backpack. As she stood back up, her excitement vanished, as did her smile. Feeling lonely again, she began to sing as she walked down the stairs to her locker.

Twilight: I've walked through all these halls before.
I've been in and out of every door.
Oh, whoa.

There's nothing in this school that I don't know.
In every class, my grade's the best.
The highest score on every test.
I think that means it's time for me to go.

I know there's more that's out there,
And I just haven't found it yet.
I know there's more that's out there,
Another me I haven't met.

She then cleaned out her locker and closed it for the last time. As she turned around, in her mind, images of students walked past her in all directions.

This school is full of people,
But still, I don't belong.
They only dream of winning;
Look at me like something's wrong.

A few seconds after they all appeared, they dissipated into thin air, leaving Twilight alone in the empty hallway.

Maybe I'm better off alone.
Will I find what I'm looking for
If I just do it on my own?

I know there's more that's out there,
Something to fill this hole inside.
I know there's more that's out there,
And I'm not afraid to try.

Twilight then put on her dark purple winter jacket as she walked down the hall to the front doors, feeling so small compared to the tall walls and high ceilings.

There's only so much this school can offer,
And I'm not saying that it's wrong,
But I know there's more that's out there,
'Cause I've been searching all along.

Beyond these rooms,
Beyond these walls,
So much to learn,
I can't see it all.

When she went outside the building and into the softly falling snow, she relished in the brisk yet gentle breeze hitting her face, and with the floating snowflakes gently sprinkling onto her hair and sticking to her eyelashes. But as she was finishing her song, she didn't notice a figure from behind the stone staircase, who was eyeing her curiously.

It was a boy about her age of 10 years old, with spiky blue hair, matching sapphire eyes, and pale orange skin. He wore a red shirt with a yellow lightning bolt and blue shield underneath a black winter jacket, dark jeans, navy blue winter boots, and black biker gloves on his hands. Snowflakes was sprinkled on his hair and on his gloves. The boy remained unseen as he watched this pretty girl sing out beautifully.

There's something out there,
Calling me.
And it's a mystery
That I can't wait to see.

'Cause I know there's more that's out there,
Another place, another way.
And I know there's more that's out there,
And I'll find out someday.
I'll find out someday.

As Twilight carefully climbed down the steps to wait for her parents, she spotted something glowing in the snow.

"What is that?" She asked herself. Twilight walked over to it and picked up a glowing violet geode. The geode began shining even brighter and a small pulse of light shot out in all directions, hitting both Twilight and the boy that was hidden behind the staircase.

When the light faded, Twilight saw the geode had turned into a beautiful purple necklace with her signature pink star engraved in it. The necklace then began levitating in the air and tied itself around Twilight's neck.

The girl gently fingered the smooth surface, wondering what just happened. But then, the beeping of a car brought her out of her thoughts. Her parents were here. Twilight then got into the back seat with her mother's Glameow and her father's Abra happily greeting her, and they drove away.

Meanwhile, the boy came out of his hiding place. He still felt that rush of energy that flowed through him when that girl touched that strange gem.

"Flash!" The boy heard his mother call out his name. "Where are you? Let's go!"

The boy, now known as Flash, slowly left his spot and began going towards the direction from where his mother called him. But he had a feeling that he will never forget this experience.


From the other side of the school entrance, Celestia had seen everything and softly smiled at the scene she saw. Ever since she took Twilight as her own personal protégé a few months ago, she knew she was definitely someone special. Now she realized why.

Celestia then reached into another pocket in her winter cloak and took out a beautiful Luxury Ball, with its black color, red stripes, and gold platings around its circumference.

"Gardevoir." She calmly called out as she threw the black and gold Ball up in the air.

In a burst of blue light, an elegant female Gardevoir appeared. But instead of a white dress and pale green arms and hair like most other Gardevoir have, she had a black dress and light blue arms and hair.

"Gardevoir." She said, greeting her Trainer cordially.

"Where to go next." Celestia said to herself, thinking deeply about the next location of one of the Chosen Eight.

Suddenly, another glow came from her pocket where the geodes were nestled. She reached into it and saw that the blue geode had started to light up. After holding it in all directions, she held it up towards the sky. When she did, it began getting brighter. In all of Equestria, there was only one city that is actually in the sky.

"Gardevoir, use Teleport. We're going to Cloudsdale." Celestia said, putting the geode away.

"Gardevoir." The Psychic and Fairy type's eyes began glowing, and in a million lines of rainbow colored light, she and her Trainer vanished from the streets of Canterlot.