• Published 10th Jul 2019
  • 680 Views, 29 Comments

Pokémon: Adventures of Equestria- Volume I: How It All Began - MiraculousDragonMaster



Life in the land of Equestria was wonderful, people and Pokémon living in harmony together. But a darkness was beginning to plague it. Only the Chosen Eight of Legend can defeat it. Let's see who these Chosen Ones are, and what makes them special.

  • ...
4
 29
 680

First Day Back at School

Pokémon: Adventures in Equestria

Volume I: How It All Began

Chapter 9

First Day Back at School

Three weeks later, once the snow was slowly starting to melt, and the holidays were over until next year, school was back in session. Kids were getting ready to go to school, and most were in a hurry to get to class before the first bell of the day rings.

Presently, Applejack was waiting in front of Carousel Boutique, tapping her foot impatiently. After fingering her new orange geode necklace for the thousandth time, the cowgirl grabbed a small stone from the ground and threw it up at Rarity’s window. It bounced off the glass, thankfully not causing it to crack. In a few seconds, the window opened and Rarity peeked out.

“Really, Applejack?” She asked her friend. “Must you do that?”

“What’s taking ya so long?” Applejack demanded. “School will be starting in fifteen minutes.”

“Just give me two more minutes, and I’ll be down there soon.” Rarity assured her friend before closing the window.

Applejack only huffed in annoyance and once again began to tap her foot and fiddle around with her geode necklace.

Luckily, just as promised, Rarity came outside a couple of minutes later. “Finally!” Applejack exclaimed with an exasperated huff.

“Sorry, Applejack.” Rarity said. “But a lady must always look her best.”

“We’re going to school, not to the Grand Galloping Gala.” Applejack said. “I just brush my hair, get some clothes, get a quick breakfast and head out. But I always like walking to school with ya.”

“As do I, darling.” Rarity said with a smile. “You are my only friend here. Even though we have differing opinions, I can’t imagine not having a friend like you.”

Applejack smiled at the sophisticated girl, rolling her eyes playfully. Then, the two of them walked in comfortable silence as they headed toward the Pokémon School. But then, Rarity noticed AJ’s necklace.

“Darling, where you’d get that?” She asked, pointing to it. “It looks very similar to my new necklace, and I thought you didn’t like jewelry.”

Applejack then saw Rarity’s indigo geode necklace that had flecks of white. It did look similar to her own necklace. Did that mean that they had similar experiences during the holiday break? She hasn’t told her family about where she got hers, just saying that she found it, which was the truth, to an extent.

“I’ll tell ya after school.” She said. “Can ya come over to my place to practice?”

Rarity nodded. “Of course.” She said, making her friend smile.


Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash landed in the plaza on top of her father’s Archeops. She jumped off and petted the Ancient Bird Pokémon’s head.

“Thanks for the ride, Archeops.” She said. “I’ll see you right here after school's out for the weekend.”

Archeops cawed in affirmation before taking off into the air. Rainbow waved to it as it disappeared into the clouds. Then, she began to head out of the plaza, slightly playing with her blue geode necklace. But before she had left it, a very familiar voice called out to her.

“Rainbow Dash?” The voice was soft and sweet. Rainbow turned towards the direction it came from and saw a familiar face, getting off the back of an Altaria. Rainbow recognized that Altaria. It belonged to Fluttershy’s father.

“Fluttershy!” Rainbow immediately raced over to her friend, and the two girls shared a hug.

“What are you doing here?” Fluttershy asked her.

“I got transferred here to the Pokémon School from Cloudsdale Academy.” Rainbow explained.

“So did I!” Fluttershy said, actually sounding excited. She then turned over to her father’s Altaria. “Thank you for taking me here, Altaria.” She said. “I’ll see you on Friday.”

Altaria chirped an affirmative musical note before flapping its cloud-like wings and took off into the air.

“This is so awesome!” Rainbow Dash said. “We’re still in the same school together!”

“I know!” Fluttershy said. “I was so worried about what might happen to me if I got moved to another school without you to help me.”

“No sweat.” Rainbow said. “I’ll always have your back.”

Fluttershy smiled. “Thanks, Dashie.” She said. Then, she noticed Rainbow’s necklace. “When did you get this?” She asked. “It looks a lot like mine.” She held out her pink and yellow geode necklace.

Dash’s eyes widened in surprise. “That’s weird.” She said. “Well, I’ll tell you later, I promise. It’s actually a pretty awesome story.”

Just then, they heard the bell ring. “Shoot!” Rainbow exclaimed. “We’re going to be late! Come on!” She grabbed her Fluttershy’s hand and began dragging her behind her toward the Pokémon School.

But as soon as they left the plaza, there was a rumbling sound coming from the ground. The people that were around the area ran off to get some room of what might be coming.

Suddenly, an Onix popped out of a hole in the ground near the plaza leading towards the outskirts. When it put its head on the ground, Pinkie Pie jumped off, having a bright blue backpack on her. She spun around and gave the huge Rock type a big hug around its massive head.

“Thanks for the ride here, Onix!” She said to it cheerfully. She broke the hug and smiled brightly at it. “I’ll be waiting right here after school on Friday.” With that, she skipped away towards the school, humming a little ditty. She stopped for a second to look down at her pink geode necklace, and then continued on her way.

The Onix roared proudly at Pinkie before it dove back down into the ground, leaving behind a large hole in the center of the plaza. Everyone came back and decided that it could’ve been worse and went back to normalcy.


At the front of the school, Twilight Sparkle has arrived in a carriage being pulled by a couple of Pidgeot. The young violet-haired girl stepped out, holding the straps of her blue backpack tight in her hands. She closed the carriage door behind her and walked over to the Pidgeot.

“Thanks for the ride, Pidgeot.” She said, stroking the top feathers of one of the Flying types.

Pidgeot cawed happily at the attention. Twilight giggled lightly before she stepped away and walked up to the front of the school. She turned back and waved goodbye to the Pidgeot as they flew away, pulling the carriage behind them. Twilight then turned back to the school doors and took a deep breath. She fingered her bright purple geode necklace, and then she walked inside.

Just as she did, another carriage being pulled by a couple of Staraptor came up to the front of the School. This time, it was Sunset Shimmer who stepped out. She was about to walk away from the carriage before she stopped and went back over to the Staraptor.

“Thanks for the ride here, Staraptor.” She said. The dark feathered Flying type chirped happily. Sunset felt a warm burst of feeling in her chest when she saw and heard that. Was this what it felt like to do something right for a change? If it was, then it felt wonderful.

She petted the top of its feathery head gently. The Staraptor leaned into her touch before Sunset had to remove her hand. The red and yellow-haired girl then walked up to the door and turned back to see the carriage take off into the air. Looking back at the doors as students began to enter the building, Sunset took a deep breath.

This is a new start. She thought, looking down at her red geode necklace. Don’t screw this up. With that, she bravely entered the school.

Just as she did, one more carriage appeared, this time being pulled by a pair of Swellow. Starlight Glimmer soon stepped out of the carriage, holding a brand new gray shoulder bag across her right shoulder.

Her indigo eyes lit up as she took in the famous sight of the Pokémon School. “I’m finally here.” She breathed. This is the first step she will take towards her secondary dream of becoming a Top Coordinator. Starlight walked over towards one of the Swellow.

“Thank you for the ride, Swellow.” She said, stroking its head.

The two Swellow chirped with joy at the grateful comment that was given to them. Starlight carefully removed her hand off of the leader's head and jogged off towards the front doors. She stopped right at them and turned back to the Swellow, who were already taking off. She waved up at them until the carriage disappeared into the clouds. Then, with a quick look at her green and light purple necklace, she took off inside the building.


Later, all the girls, unbeknownst to them, were in the same classroom, waiting for their teacher to come inside and start the class. Applejack and Rarity took their usual seats, with Rarity in the front row and AJ behind her. Fluttershy shyly took the empty seat next to Rarity, and Rainbow Dash sat down next to her friend. Next, Pinkie Pie literally hopped into the seat next to Applejack. Twilight aimed for the seat at the end of the row, filling up the front row. Sunset Shimmer then entered the classroom and sat down behind her. Finally, Starlight Glimmer came inside and took the seat in between Sunset and Pinkie. The other back row was filled by the time the teacher came in.

She was a very nice lady named Cheerilee, with dark magenta hair, light fuschia skin and green eyes. She wore a green dress with a few small white ruffles and black flats. “Good morning, class. I trust you all had a wonderful Hearth’s Warming vacation.”

“Yes, Ms. Cheerilee.” The students who knew her replied.

“Good.” Cheerilee then looked through her list. “Well, it seems we have quite a few new students with us.” She said. “When I call out your name, please stand up and say where you’re from. Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight nervously stood up as she felt lots of pairs of eyes look at her. “Present, ma’am.” She said.

“And where are you from, Twilight?” Cheerilee asked her.

“Canterlot.” Twilight answered.

“Well, we’re very pleased to have you here with us, Twilight.” Cheerilee said and went back to her list. “Sunset Shimmer.”

Sunset slowly stood up from behind Twilight’s seat. “Here, miss.” She said. “I’m from Canterlot as well.”

Cheerilee smiled at her. “Well, welcome Sunset.” She said. “Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow stood up next. “Right here, ma’am.” She said. “I’m from Cloudsdale.”

“Welcome, Rainbow Dash.” Cheerilee said. “Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy was shaking like a leaf so much as she stood up that Rainbow had to help steady her. “R-Right here, ma’am.” She whispered. “I-I’m from Cloudsdale, too.”

“We’re pleased to have you here, Fluttershy.” Cheerilee said, trying to reassure her. “Pinkie Pie.” She called out next.

Pinkie literally jumped out of her seat. “Present, Ms. Cheerilee.” She said with a bright smile. “I’m from Rockville. Pretty boring place, I know, but I’m super glad to be here in Ponyville and at a real school for the first time in forever.”

Cheerilee looked a little bit baffled by her cheerfulness, but smiled anyway. “Well then, welcome Pinkie.” She said. “And finally, Starlight Glimmer.”

Starlight slowly stood up with a smile. “Here, ma’am.” She said. “I’m from the northwestern mountains, in the only town there.”

“Do you know what it’s called, Starlight?” Cheerilee asked.

“Well, we have always just called it ‘Our Town’.” Starlight explained. Some of the other students giggled a little bit, but the main seven girls didn’t. “It always has been our town, so we thought why not?”

“Well, welcome to the Pokémon School, Starlight.” Cheerilee said. “You girls may all sit down. Now class, let us begin with the day.”

The class went by slowly, with some students falling asleep during the lecture. Twilight, Sunset and Starlight were pretty much the only ones who were taking steady notes, earnestly listening to every word that Miss Cheerilee was saying.

Rainbow was trying to not fall asleep like some of the other students and instead reading one of her favorite adventure books.

Rarity was doodling some dress sketches in one of her spare notebooks, while she was listening to the lesson.

Applejack was also drawing in her notebook, but instead drawing pictures of her family, particularly her parents.

Fluttershy was reading a guide book about Pokémon, and Pinkie was playing with her pencil, balancing it on the bridge of her nose.

Finally, the bell rang for lunch, and the students quickly took off towards the cafeteria, taking some of their books with them.

“Don’t forget to get back here for the rest of the class, students!” Cheerilee called after them. “Have a great lunch.”

And it was to be a great lunch indeed, for eight girls will start a new friendship that will help protect Equestria from certain danger in the future.