• Published 10th Jul 2019
  • 680 Views, 29 Comments

Pokémon: Adventures of Equestria- Volume I: How It All Began - MiraculousDragonMaster



Life in the land of Equestria was wonderful, people and Pokémon living in harmony together. But a darkness was beginning to plague it. Only the Chosen Eight of Legend can defeat it. Let's see who these Chosen Ones are, and what makes them special.

  • ...
4
 29
 680

The Chosen One of Laughter

Pokémon: Adventures in Equestria

Volume I: How It All Began

Chapter 5

The Chosen One of Laughter

Soon, Luna and Alakazam found themselves in a rocky, plain and completely barren part of Equestria. There was still a little bit of snow on the ground, but not enough to make this gloomy part of the land festive enough.

"Alakazam?" Her Psi Pokémon questioned out loud, wondering if this is the right place.

Their answer was received when a warm glow was felt inside of Luna's cloak pocket. She reached into it and pulled out a glowing pink geode. It glowed brighter when it was directed up to their forward direction.

Luna called Alakazam back to his Dusk Ball and started up the smooth but gravelly path. She still hoped that she could find the Bearer of Laughter in this desolate and isolated region of Equestria.


Not far away, there was a large but pretty much empty farm with thousands of rocks of all kinds; big and small, black and white, and all in between, dotting the barren fields around it. Soft and colorful lights were strung around the perimeter and the giant silo. It was actually quite a pleasant sight to see around these parts.

In one section of the rock fields, a young girl, about 10, was drawing something in a worn out sketch pad. Despite the gloomy background around her, she was like a ray of sunshine; bright and smiling widely. The Chosen One of Laughter.

The girl had straight hot pink hair that went down to the middle of her back, pale rosy skin, and crystal blue eyes. She wore a pale blue shirt underneath a soft pink winter coat, a black skirt, dark gray fur boots with white stockings, and fluffy pink earmuffs were on her head, along with a matching scarf around her neck.

Pinkamena Diane Pie, or Pinkie Pie as she preferred everyone to call her, felt her smile fade away from her face and sighed heavily, her face flopping down onto her empty sketch pad. Nothing seemed fun around here lately. Hearth's Warming Eve seemed the only time of year where there was cheerfulness in her dull home.

Whoever heard of rock farming as an employment? Pinkie had lived her whole life on her family's rock farm. But, she knew that this wasn't the life that she wanted to live. There was so much more out there, and so much to see and learn and explore. But, it seemed like her chances of accomplishing her dream of becoming a Pokémon Performer and a Pokémon party planner were getting slimmer by the day.

But just a couple of days ago, a letter came from the Pokémon School over in Ponyville came to their mailbox, asking Pinkie's parents if their daughter could attend their facility next semester, after the holidays. Pinkie was overjoyed that this had happened, but it was obvious that her parents were not. Or at least were surprised. They told their second youngest daughter that they will think it over. But Pinkie felt her spirits sink so much that she ran to her room and sulked.

Today, instead of lying in her room moping, she decided to go outside and sketch some new ideas for performances in her sketch pad. It worked for a little while, but she still was waiting for her parents to give her their consent.

Suddenly, Pinkie had a great idea that could help cheer herself up. She could sing. Singing always seemed to make things better for her. Tucking her sketch pad in a coat pocket, she picked up a long stick nearby and pretended that it was a broom and started to sweep the ground.

Pinkie Pie: 7 AM, the usual morning lineup.
Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean.
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up.
Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15!

She then dropped the stick on the ground and started dancing happily around in a circle while looking through her sketch pad that she took back out of her pocket, admiring the many colorful pictures of delectable pastries and Pokémon that she has seen around the farm a few times. Most of them were the Rock or Ground Pokémon that belonged either to her parents or her older sisters. Then, she picked up the stick again and pretended to shred it like it was an electric guitar, but then, with a bored huff, she tossed it over her shoulder.

And so I'll read a book,
Or maybe two or three.
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery.

I'll play some songs and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?

Pinkie put her sketch pad back in her coat pocket again and headed towards the silo, near the decorated fenced border of the farm, and started skipping along the side of it, loving the colorful lights strung around it. At least this was the one time of the year where there was some spots of color and light at her gray and colorless world.

Though there wasn’t much, and the presents themselves weren’t very impressive, at least what mattered to her was her family. Hopefully, her parents will give her their consent to go to Ponyville so that she can learn to become a Trainer. Then add a few years, and then, she’ll be on the road towards fulfilling her dreams.

Unbeknownst to her, just a few yards away, wandering around the barren lands, there was a young boy about her age. He had curly brown hair, mustard yellow skin, and green eyes framed in thin black glasses. He wore a dark gray winter poncho over his body, a thin black jacket underneath, and matching snow pants and boots. Over his back was a red worn knapsack. He was just wandering around this part when he heard the most cheerful and sweetest thing that he had heard in a long while.

Then after lunch, it's puzzles and darts and baking,
Papier-mâché, a bit of ballet and chess,
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making.
Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch,
Take a climb, sew a dress!

The boy chuckled at all the things that she was pretending to do. It was definitely funny, and he felt like he could just watch her forever.

And I'll reread the books
If I have time to spare.
I'll paint my walls some more,
I'm sure there's room somewhere.

And then I'll brush and brush
And brush and brush my hair,
Stuck in the same place I've always been.

And I'll keep wondering and wondering
And wondering and wondering
When will my life begin?

Pinkie stopped and looked up at the sky, seeing that it was still gray. Her smile faded again as she leaned against the silo and stared up. A longing look was in her crystal blue eyes.

Hopefully soon,
My dream will be made clear,
Just like I've been hoping for almost every year.

What is it like
Out there where everything's aglow?
Now that I'm older,
Mom and Dad might let me go.

She then slid down to the cold hard ground and huddled herself against her legs, hugging them tightly. The boy felt sorry for her. It was obvious that she didn't exactly like her life here in this barren place. Just like him, back when he was living in the city.

Suddenly, Pinkie felt a warmth coming from nearby. She lifted her head and saw a pink glow from the ground a few feet away. She slowly stood up and walked over to it. There, in the dry dirt, there was a sparkling bright pink geode. She had never seen such a beautiful and colorful rock before. Feeling drawn to it for some reason, Pinkie slowly reached out and grabbed it.

A blast of warm pink light rippled through the air as soon as soon as she did, making Pinkie's hair go all frizzy, and it also had hit the boy, who was seeing the whole thing. When the light had faded, Pinkie saw that the geode had turned into a pretty geode necklace of the same color that had her three signature balloons engraved on it, and it magically tied itself around her neck underneath her scarf.

She had just placed a finger on the smooth surface when the bell rang for supper. Pinkie looked around her, and had to do a double blink when she thought she saw a boy standing near the decorated fence. But, when she looked again, he was gone. Feeling slightly confused, Pinkie went to the farmhouse, hoping for a miracle to get a better life.

Meanwhile, the boy had gotten far away enough from the rock farm to catch his breath. He almost got caught because for a split second, the girl's eyes met his. He quickly took it as a sign to get going. He was going to Canterlot to see if he could attend a school there. Hopefully, like her, he could have a better life.


Princess Luna saw the whole thing from a different part of the rock farm, and she smiled softly at what had transpired. Laughter wasn't just making others laugh; it was also being there for them and always wanting to see the brighter side of situations, no matter how hopeless or dire they might be.

As she thought of where to go next, a glow came from her cloak pocket. Luna reached into it and saw that the white geode had begun glowing. She positioned it around like a compass, and it glowed brighter when it was towards the direction of Canterlot.

Looks like I'm heading back home for now. The Princess of the Night thought as she put the white geode back in her cloak pocket and called out her Alakazam again.

"Teleport." She said. The Psychic type complied and once again, the two vanished into millions of rainbow-colored light lines.