• Published 10th Jul 2019
  • 680 Views, 29 Comments

Pokémon: Adventures of Equestria- Volume I: How It All Began - MiraculousDragonMaster



Life in the land of Equestria was wonderful, people and Pokémon living in harmony together. But a darkness was beginning to plague it. Only the Chosen Eight of Legend can defeat it. Let's see who these Chosen Ones are, and what makes them special.

  • ...
4
 29
 680

The Chosen One of Loyalty

Pokémon: Adventures in Equestria

Volume I: How It All Began

Chapter 2

The Chosen One of Loyalty

Soon, Celestia and her Gardevoir arrived on the outskirts of the literal sky-high town of Cloudsdale. The fluffy white clouds were as soft as grass, yet some parts could be as hard and firm as rock, which served amazingly for structures and roads. The story of this city and how it came to be was definitely an interesting one.

About a thousand years ago, the Legendary Pokémon of the sky, Rayquaza, had blessed a tiny tribe of people that longed to live up in the sky. With that blessing, they received a power to build a city from the clouds and live up in the sky, just as they wished. In time, the tribe grew and Cloudsdale was established.

Celestia thought that someone from this mystical cloud city would be pretty special to be chosen as the Bearer of Loyalty. She called Gardevoir back to her Luxury Ball and walked through the wispy clouds to the cobble cloud city streets, following the glow of the blue geode. But soon, the beacon started to lead her back out to another section of the outskirts. Though she was confused by the change in direction, Celestia decided to trust it.


Sitting on a patch of clouds a few hundred yards away from the cloud city, there was a 10-year-old girl moping and staring out to the horizon. The Chosen One of Loyalty.

She had cyan blue skin, her hair that reached to the middle of her back having all the colors of the rainbow, and rosy magenta eyes. She wore a white T-shirt with a tri-colored lightning bolt on the front, underneath a thick dark blue winter jacket with a matching scarf wrapped loosely around her neck, capri pants that was the same color as her eyes, and white sneakers with red running stripes. Beside her on both sides was a Dustox and an Archeops, the Pokémon that belonged to her parents.

Rainbow Dash sighed as she felt the grass-like clouds beneath her slightly shift, soft as a pillow. As much as she wanted to just a nap right there, she still kept her eyes focused on the horizon.

Archeops nudged her head against the girl's left arm gently. Rainbow smiled as she stroked the top of it. Dustox flapped down to her right arm to be closer to her. But Dash still had her gaze over at the skyline. She then began to recall the events that happened earlier that day.

School had ended for the holidays, and before she and the other students were dismissed, she was called to the principal's office. Though she didn't show it, Rainbow was a little nervous, for she had thought that she was to be punished for something, but she couldn't show it to the resident school bullies who would bug her every chance they get.

When she arrived at the office, she was relieved to learn that she wasn't in trouble. But then, she was surprised to discover that she is to be transferred to the Pokémon School in Ponyville next semester because of her parents volunteering her as one of two transfers that were randomly selected by the Cloudsdale school district.

At first, Dash was shocked that her mom and dad did something like this without telling her. But they reminded her that she told them a few times before that she had wanted to change schools because she wanted to escape her problems with her bullies and to see the world beyond and underneath Cloudsdale. So they had thought that it could be an opportunity for her. Eventually, Rainbow complied.

Now, as Dash stared at the horizon, she wondered why she was so reluctant to move. She had always dreamed of adventure, and becoming a Flying Pokémon Master was her dream. So, what's stopping her? She knew why, though. She couldn't imagine being away from her parents for a long period of time, her hometown, and her only friend.

True, her parents may tend to embarrass her from time to time due to their undying support, but Rainbow loved them dearly. She also had only known Cloudsdale her whole life. And, her friend. How will she survive next semester with Dash? She was so impossibly shy, and easy to pick on. Rainbow had always been there for her, whether to defend her or just to hang out. So, what will happen to her?

Not quite understanding why, but to try and understand why her feelings are so torn apart, Dash began to sing as she slowly stood up from the clouds. As she did, she would look back at the city, then return to the horizon.

Rainbow Dash: I've been staring over at the horizon
Long as I can remember,
Never really knowing why.

I wish I could stay that awesome daughter,
But I come back to see that sky-line,
No matter how hard I try.

Rainbow then began walking around the outskirts circling around the city, with Dustox and Archeops following close behind her.

Every turn I take,
Every trail I track,
Every path I make,
Every road leads back

To the place I know,
Where I can't yet go,
Where I long to be.

She then stopped and ran over some of the more fluffy clouds to keep on watching the sunset with her parents’ Pokemon.

See the line where the sky meets the ground, it calls me.
But no one knows how far it goes.
If the wind in my hair and the breeze stays behind me,
One day, I'll know.
If I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go.

Dash then turned back at the cloud town that she would not see for a long while. She walked even closer to the city, where she could see some people going through their daily lives.

I know everybody in this sky town
Seems so happy in this sky town.
Everything is by design.

I know everybody in this sky town
Has a role in this sky town,
But I'm not sure I can roll with mine.

As she sung, a young boy her age was walking around when he heard her voice. He carefully hid behind one of the buildings to listen and watch. He had wild navy hair, a dark blue T-shirt with a lightning bolt piercing through a storm cloud under a black winter jacket, khaki pants, and black running shoes. He watched her as she was pacing around near the sidewalk.

I could lead with pride,
I could make us strong.
I could be satisfied
If I play along.

But that voice inside
Sings a different song.
What is wrong with me?

Rainbow looked back over to the horizon, seeing the setting sun. Feeling a smile come across her face, she ran back out on the outskirts.

See that line where the sun shines up above, it's blinding.
But no one knows how far it goes.
And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me.
And let me know
What's beyond that line when I cross that line.

See the line where the sky meets the ground, it calls me.
And no one knows how far it goes.
If the wind in my hair and the breeze stays behind me,
One day, I'll know
How far I'll go!

As Dash finished her song, the winter sunlight was making her features glow; her prismatic hair was blowing softly in the crisp breeze, her cyan blue skin was having an angelic shine, and her magenta eyes were sparkling like gems.

The boy watching her felt his cheeks slowly turning as red as the red streaks in her hair. He cautiously began to walk over to her to try and strike up a conversation. But when she turned around, he quickly turned right and tried to appear as if he was just passing along.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow, sensing that something was amiss. But her attention was soon caught by a glowing blue light from the corner of her eye. When she went to see what it was, with Archeops and Dustox following her, the boy restarted his tracks to get a bit closer to her to see if he could introduce himself to her without seeming creepy.

Dash soon found a glowing blue geode nestled snugly into some tufts of cloud. How it didn't fall through yet, she didn't know. She slowly reached out and grabbed it, the geode shining brighter as she did. When she touched it, a pulse of the same light rippled through the air, hitting her and the boy who was a few meters away.

When Rainbow opened her eyes, she saw that the geode had become a necklace with her signature lightning bolt engraved on the stone and it fastened itself around her neck. Though Dash wasn't one to wear jewelry of any kind, she'll admit that it did look pretty awesome. She carefully placed a finger on the smooth blue stone.

Archeops nudged her, getting her attention, and then gesturing to her to climb on her back. Rainbow then realized why.

"Shoot!" She exclaimed, and she quickly got on Archeops. "I’m late for dinner! I hope Mom and Dad aren't wondering where I am."

The First Bird Pokémon quickly flapped up into the air, flying over Cloudsdale with Dustox following close behind. The boy looked to where that girl flew off and slightly smiled. But just as it came, it disappeared, knowing that there was most likely a very little chance to meet her again, since he is moving to Canterlot to finish his studies.

"Soarin'!" Someone called out his name. Taking one last look at where Rainbow Dash flew off, the boy known as Soarin' ran back to the city.


Celestia watched as the two ran or flew away and softly smiled. Loyalty had never let anyone down, and it will never start to do it now. Not when Equestria will soon start to teeter on the world’s balance.

Where to next? She thought as she released her Gardevoir again from her Luxury Ball.

Suddenly, another geode began to glow from inside her cloak. Celestia reached into her pocket and pulled out the orange geode, seeing that it was sparkling like a beacon. Its magical transponder began heading down from the clouds, back towards the ground. If Celestia recalled correctly, there was a small town on the ground, not far from Cloudsdale.

"I guess we'll be heading to Ponyville next, Gardevoir." She said, putting the orange geode back in her pocket. "Teleport."

Gardevoir obeyed, and both Trainer and Pokémon vanished into the millions lines of colored light and away from the cloud city.