• Published 18th Jun 2019
  • 463 Views, 2 Comments

The Forgotten Apple Tree - Draxonos135

  • ...
1
 2
 463

Remember?

Another day, another successful, eventful list of activities performed by the Garden Club, consisting of Fluttershy and Wallflower Blush.

With everything in their agenda done for today, Wallflower and Fluttershy left the clubroom, and bid farewell to each other before they separated.

But just as Wallflower began to close the clubroom...

"Yo, Wallflower!"

She turned around and saw none other than Applejack approaching her, sporting a wide smile.

"I'm glad I could get to ya before ya left."

It took Wallflower a second to recognize the girl.

"Oh, you're one of those girls Sunset hangs out with."

Wallflower scratched her chin.

"What was your name again?"

Applejack blinked twice, almost as if she was caught off-guard by Wallflower not remembering her name.

"It's Applejack. Don't ya remember? I told ya my name back when you went to ma family's apple farm."

Wallflower raised an eyebrow and tilted her head.

"Ya don't remember going to ma house, don't ya?"

"It's the first time I hear about it," Wallflower scratched the back of her head. "Or, if you insist, the second time I've heard of it."

Applejack put her hands on her hips.

"That Memory Stone must've hurt ya without ya realizing it."

Wallflower tilted her head the other direction.

"It's jest a theory, but maybe, just maybe, that Memory Stone thingy ya used messed with yer memories, just like how ya messed with everyone's memories."

"Please don't remind me, I'm trying to move on from that horrible stuff," Wallflower scratched the back of her head and blushed. "Although, if your theory's true, then we can both agree that it's a pretty lame way to forget about something, right?"

Applejack shook her head.

"It's not lame, it's worrysome. And I'm gonna help ya refresh yer memory."

Before Wallflower could say anything in return, Applejack grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the school, all while Wallflower futilessly tried to break free from the country girl's grip.


As Wallflower realized too late, despite not even being in her ponified state, Applejack was far stronger than even Wallflower's strongest output, so she gave up and took a deep breath as the duo finally reached the Apple family barn.

"'N here we are! The Apple family barn!"

Wallflower looked up to see a very large red barn in the middle of a large orchard of trees. And not just any ordinary kind of trees, but apple trees, each presenting over a dozen of apples ready to be served each.

"Now, I know ya won't remember what we did just by looking at the barn 'n the trees, so let's go inside for now, okay?"

Applejack dragged Wallflower once more, but this time, the girl didn't bother to try and escape.

After all, it was futile before, what excuse could she have to expect another try to work?


Once inside the barn, Wallflower was placed on a chair in the living room.

"Now wait here, I'll go out 'n see if anybody's working on the tree."

Applejack left afterwards, leaving Wallflower alone to look around the living room of the barn.

A living room that was slowly but surely starting to feel familiar.

Okay, I'm starting to think Applejack's theory was true, as this place is starting to feel just a tad bit familiar. However, I still need to see the tree for myself before I jump to any conclusions-

"Wallflower?"

She flinched and turned to her side, immediately spotting Apple Bloom looking at her with a neutral look.

"Who, me?"

Apple Bloom nodded.

"I'm Wallflower Blush, yes."

Apple Bloom smiled and chirped up.

"Ya came back!"

Apple Bloom ran up to Wallflower and sat on her lap, looking straight at her eyes as Wallflower blushed with an intense shade of red.

"Did ya come to pay us a visit again?"

"S-So, I have come here before?" Wallflower asked, earning a confused look from Apple Bloom that prompted her to explain. "You see, Applejack-"

"Ma sister?"

"Yeah, her. She told me that I went here sometime ago and helped her raise an apple tree or something, but I'm afraid I don't remember doing such a thing, so she dragged me here in order to help me remember what happened."

Apple Bloom frowned, her bow sulking as well.

"Does that mean ya don't remember me?"

Wallflower opened her mouth to say something, but she slowly closed it as she looked at Apple Bloom's saddened look, which worsened as she kept her mouth shut longer and longer.

"I... can't say I remember you, but uh, you do seem familiar."

Apple Bloom chirped up.

"In fact, this whole house is starting to feel familiar," Wallflower looked at her surroundings once more. "Applejack said I helped her with the trees, but she never mentioned anything about doing anything here."

Wallflower turned back to the cheerful Apple Bloom.

"Did I do anything?"

"Oh, what didn't ya do?!" Apple Bloom's bow raised itself high. "Ya helped Granny Smith bake some apple pies, helped Big Mac carry some of the less heavy stuff, and ya gave me some tips on how to grow plants!"

Wallflower blinked twice, drawing a blank as she tried to remember every single event Apple Bloom mentioned.

"Who's Big Mac?"

Apple Bloom looked curious for a second, then contorted a sly smile.

"Oh? Is there any reason you're asking to know whos' Big Mac first?"

Wallflower blushed, even though she hadn't quite caught Apple Bloom's teasing.

"N-No, I was just curious."

Apple Bloom turned away and raised a hand up to her mouth as she blushed, her bow tilting from left to right.

"Oh? Curious about Big Mac, ain't it?"

"Is your bow alive or something?" Wallflower blurted, finally noticing the bow's odd movements. "How is it moving like that?"

Apple Bloom pointed at her bow, earning a nod from Wallflower.

"According to Applejack, it got struck by some residue magic from when one of her friends turned into a crazy world destroyer. So, now it kinda moves according to ma mood."

Apple Bloom took off the bow and put it on Wallflower's head.

"It doesn't move when others use it besides me, though, so I don't know how to explain that."

"Nice look ya got there, Wallflower."

The girls turned around and saw Applejack, gently snickering at the sight as she leaned against the wall.

"Hi Applejack!"

Wallflower grabbed the bow and put it on Apple Bloom's head.

"How long have you been there?!"

"Ah just got here," Applejack walked up to Wallflower and grabbed her hand again. "The tree's been taken care of, so now it's ready to be seen."

Wallflower rolled her eyes. "You don't have to drag me to it, you know?"

Applejack thought about it, smiled, and released Wallflower.

"Well then, follow me."

Applejack left the room, pausing to gesture Wallflower to come along.

Wallflower then turned to Apple Bloom, who got off her lap and waved goodbye as she got up and followed Applejack to the apple orchard.


Once at the orchard, Wallflower looked around the seemingly identical trees, trying to find the apple tree Applejack was talking about.

"So, what apple tree are we looking for?" Wallflower asked, not realizing Applejack had already stopped on her tracks. "Every tree I see is identical, so-"

Then, Wallflower crashed on something, but not something that felt like the wooden trunk of a tree. Rather, it felt like a rather well-toned, organic body.

This, as it turns out, was Big Mac's body, who was woken up by the crash.

"Thanks for stopping Wallflower on her track, Big Mac."

Wallflower glanced at Applejack before she glanced at Big Mac, who nodded and said his usual "Eyup" as he tilted his straw hat.

Wallflower quickly ran to hide behind Applejack. "That's Big Mac?!"

"Yeah, he fits his name don't ya think?" Applejack quipped. "Ah put him there to keep the tree safe."

Wallflower raised an eyebrow and looked up at the tree Big Mac was leaning against: it was a large apple tree, with the apples it showcased being green in color, rather than red.

"It doesn't look that different from tha rest, besides the apples being green."

"Oh really?" Applejack folded her arms. "Take another look around, would ya?"

Wallflower quickly scanned the other trees, and came to a shocking realization.

"Every other tree had red apples!"

"Indeed they do," Applejack nodded. "They also get names if they end up producing high quality apples, but just this once, we're thinking of giving this tree ya helped grow a name."

"Really?"

"Yeah. A name ya're gonna give it."

"M-Me?!"

Applejack and Big Mac nodded.

Rather than question why none of the other Apples could do it, or why she had to do it specifically, Wallflower looked back at the green apple tree, and formed a little smile as she blurted the first name that came to mind:

"Bloomberg."

Applejack and Big Mac exchanged raised eyebrows.

"Well, it's decent for ah first name," Applejack folded her arms. "So, have ya remembered anythin' yet?"

Wallflower thought about it, but frowned as she saddly shook her head.

"Well, ah guess it'll take more than that to refresh yer memory."

Applejack wrapped her arm around Wallflower's shoulder.

"Now, why don't we go back inside and bake some apple pies? Maybe ya will remember somethin' while doing so?"

Wallflower eagerly nodded, and she and the Apple siblings walked back inside, taking one more look at the named tree, which would hopefully no longer be...

The forgotten apple tree.

Comments ( 2 )

This was cute, but feels as if there should be more.

Still I enjoyed reading it! :heart:

So the memory stone has side effects?

Login or register to comment