• Published 3rd Jun 2019
  • 2,639 Views, 38 Comments

Equestria Lost: Dragons beyond time - Tythen



Adagio Dazzle had been spotted by her enemies. While trying to shake them off her tail, she inadvertently brought them to her homestay: A land full of Untold History, Adventurers, Paintings, and Dragons... Dragons? In this side of Equestria??

  • ...
3
 38
 2,639

An Unwelcome Return

The starting Monday was an assembly period, so all students squeezed and organised themselves into chairs as instructed by their teachers. Rarity guided the two new students to the front row, close to where they can step up to the stage. Everyone present was still horrified at the return of one of them, for she had left an unforgettable 'first impression'. As Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna walked onto the stage, everyone fell silent.

"Good Morning, students." Celestia greeted with a graceful voice. "Today for this assembly, I would like to introduce you to two new students, or should I say..." She started to falter. "One student we're familiar with, and another we're unfamiliar with?"

"How subtly subjective," Adagio whispered sarcastically under her breath.

"Forgive me." Celestia sighed as if she overheard, "Can the two of you please come up?"

"Don't worry Adagio." Rarity tugged, "Just be yourself! And tell everyone you're not the same girl as before!"

Adagio stood up and went towards the stairs with the new student in tow. Dread silence filled the air, rather than applause. Adagio went up to the podium. The entire audience, to no surprise, was giving her the cruellest and unwelcome of glares. 400 students, 20 teachers, and other staff members. Adagio merely glared back rather than show any signs of humiliation or weakness.

"Hello again, Canterlot High School. For those who do not recognise me, my name's Adagio Dazzle." She spoke loud and clear. "And I'm the same girl who controlled you all months ago in that the battle of the bands, forcing you all to adore me."

A few 'huh?'s shot up from the audience.

Adagio continued, "And now I'll be properly attending this school like all of you. How crazy is that?"

The crowd went nervous, which Adagio could easily perceive.

"I know what you're thinking. 'But what if this crazy girl will mesmerise our minds again?' Well, let me make one thing clear. I can't do that anymore. It's impossible. Sure, I may be wearing something new..." She scowls as she takes off her green pactstone necklace and shook it at the entire school. "... But this little trinket can't do anything compared to the old one. The previous gem was what allowed me to sing and mesmerise you, and absorb your negative behaviour. That shattered when I lost. In conclusion, I can't manipulate you guys, and if I really were to do that, I need the rest of my Dazzlings, which you can clearly see I don't."

The audience felt a little awkward, which spurred them to continue glaring.

"Oh, and before you think I'm lying to you, I've seen three other students with the same stones as I do, albeit in different colours and different ways of wearing it," Adagio added. The audience started whispering to themselves again. Students who were sitting next to either Flash, Sweetie, or Big Mac noticed their pactstones. They politely pointed at them, to which the three simply nodded back.

"Anyways," Adagio concluded. "I hope to work well with you and all that. And..." She made one long groan. "... I hope you can give me the chance to show that I'm not the same person as before."

"Thank you." Celestia thanked as a fuming Adagio left the podium and hopped down the stairs as the hall remained silent. "Now, the next student. Can you come up and introduce yourself, please?"

"Sure!" The new student, a below-average short girl with short white hair with purple highlights at the end, light blue eyes, sporting a long-sleeved white and purple shirt, with long purple track pants. "My name's Hinata, and I'm looking forward to studying and making friends with you all. Though..." She nervously scratched her hair. "I also want to be of help to everyone!!!"

"Heh, you never change." Ms M chuckled.

"Thank you." Celestia thanked as she came back to the microphone. "Please make them feel welcome in CHS. And I'm not saying this while being mesmerised. I mean it."

Adagio exhaled. It didn't take a genius for Rarity to know that even the siren is feeling uncomfortable despite appearances.

"Now the next item. I'd like to inform everyone that the year 10 group will be having their DIY trebuchet contest tomorrow as arranged by the Physics department. May everyone hand in their projects to the science teachers today if possible."

Every sophomore, including Rarity, groaned in disgust.

"What's going on?" Adagio raised an eyebrow.


"It's nothing that you have a hand on." Rarity assured as assembly ended, "It's our Physics group assessment. Though all groups are marked individually, there is the competition on who makes the best trebuchet in both distance and accuracy."

"And yet I can feel a lot of tension within the students."

"Well..." Pinkie butted in, "One of my group members can explain it to you! Hey!" She yanked over a male student by the ear.

"Yeowch!" He grumbled.

"Quick moment! I'd like you to tell my new best friend here why everyone is so grumpy and grouchy about the Trebie competition!" Pinkie stated.

"Seriously!?" The male student glared at Adagio. "Oh fine... everyone's on edge because of the prize for winning the competition: Tickets to Equestria Land!"

"Equestria Land?" Adagio tilted her head. "Isn't it that theme park?"

"But of course! Everyone loves theme parks, but this one is probably the best around all of Equestria! They add at least a new ride every year, and their light parades are absolutely heavenly!!!" He sighed, "Of course, such a prize makes everyone try their best. At the same time, it's also pulled up some nasty rumours of groups sabotaging other groups, and of course some intimidating staredowns and arguments!"

"Wow." Adagio blinked, "I don't even have stir a finger, and they're already spilling out their dark sides."

"Look, I'm an honest guy. I know this thing has nothing to do with you, but you'd better not pull anything funny like you did the last time you were here!" The student warned.

"And if I did," Adagio smirked. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Oh, I'll-!"

"Thanks, buddy!" Pinkie interrupted, "I'll see you at lunch with the rest of our group? Take care!" And sent him off with a butt bump.

"Yeowch!" The student hopped off while yelling back, "Stop doing that, Pinkie!"

"Don't worry!" Pinkie giggled, "He may be grumpy, but as he said he's an honest guy! And he means well!"

"Tch." Adagio spat, "I'm not bothered by him."

"Adagio." Rarity sighed, "You've made yourself very clear, but it doesn't hurt to be at least approachable!"

"And what? Cop rejection, embarrassment and insecurity like Sunset did back then? Yeah, that's not my style." Adagio retorted.

"And you don't have to drag others down to your level either..."

The rest of the day ended up with Adagio making sure to avoid communicating with any other student except the girls and two guys. On the bright side, the siren did not stir any trouble with the students and teachers. In fact, even some teachers admitted that she was a bright student.

"I'm impressed." The Maths teacher analysed her exercise book. "You grasp algebra quickly. Clear-written equations, and not a single careless mistake!"

"Eh. It's nothing." Adagio shrugged.

"Well then, I'll be keeping an eye on your performance." The teacher returned the book. "That is, I mean your work here in maths, not in general." Adagio just rolled her eyes in response.

When it was time to go home, Adagio waited outside for a while until Rarity and the rest of the girls arrived, and they started walking home.

"Well? How was school?" Sunset exclaimed.

"Boring." Adagio moaned, "All the students did nothing but glare. Though there was that one P.E class where someone argued that a player cheated. It was amusing but only for a little while."

"Well, I don't blame you. Most of the time I'd nod off." Rainbow Dash sympathised.

"In that case, why don't we go do something fun???" Pinkie suggested, "We can go to the arcades, watch a movie, find new clothes, anything!"

"Yeah. About that." Adagio coughed, "Remember when I said I got kicked out of a lot of things?"

"Oh, right. Silly me!" Pinkie gave a dumb look for an apology.

"And Cleo needs me to come back home immediately after school. Lots of vegetables to harvest and deliveries to fulfil."

"Oh, right! Francesca. I got it." Rainbow gave a thumbs up. "See you tomorrow?"

"Sure." Adagio rolled her eyes.

"Alrighty then!" Rainbow put on a blue necklace. "Time to go the scenic route and get back home in time!" And she bolted off, whipping up the surrounding winds and leaving behind a rainbow trail, as well as her friends' hairdos.

"So..." Adagio looked to the girls. "I assume that's the magic her geode has?"

"Yep." Fluttershy nodded, brushing down her hair. "The Geode of super speed. The geodes we have really fit our own styles and hobbies, I should add."

"Wooo!!!" Rainbow sprinted down the road, turning every corner in ninety degrees without slowing down. She zoomed past the shopping street, past Equestria Land, around the docks, up the hill, and almost through all the region of Canterlot.

"Aww yeah!!!" She laughed as she dashed towards the direction of her home. That was until a green blur crashed right into her stomach, knocking the wind out of her. Both forces caused each other to go from 30 miles an hour down to zero.

"Awwwwhh..." Rainbow groaned, "That was not what I expected. What was that anyway!?"

"Down... here..." The blur that hit her groaned back in response.

"Woah!" Rainbow jumped back on her feet and grabbed the talking blur "You can talk!?"

"Of course I can!" He responded. "I'm a dragon after all. Now take your hands off me-"

The two paused. Rainbow held the little dragon out. It was green with its pointy ears as big as its wings, two long horns of cobalt blue, located just above the spot between his yellow, sharp-pupil, eyes. Most intriguing of all, was a small bushy tail, looking a little like a bird's.

"AAH!!!" The two of them screamed.


Then deep in the middle of the night, the living room lights were still on in Pinkie's house.

"This is going to be the best midnight snack ever!!!" Pinkie giggled as she put some finishing touches to a double-layered cake.

"Thanks for making the cake as always, sis," A sapphire bluish-grey coloured, greyish violet haired girl in her dull plain pyjamas spoke in a monotonous tone. "Boulder was hungry."

"Boulder's a part of the family too, Maud!" Pinkie cheered, "Course, once we're done with this, I'm going to make another for my group tomorrow! If we don't win the comp, then this cake will do!"

"Pinkie..." Maud, with her half-closed brilliant turquoise eyes, looked outside the window of their house. "We have a spy..."

"I think for the group cake, I was thinking of going strawberries but then I realised, I remember my group members having a great dislike of it! I was thinking going good ol' vanilla flavour but that is now so boooring!"

"Pinkie?" Maud raised her voice, now pointing a finger. "Something's on our window."

"But what about lots of sprinkles? Hundreds and thousands? Or Millions and Billions? Maybe I should stick a few icing blocks together and make a trebuchet!"

"Pinkie." Maud gripped Pinkie's shoulder, her monotone voice louder than ever.

"Yes?" Pinkie beamed. Maud gently gripped Pinkie's face, and turned it to the window, with a pair of yellow sharp-pupil eyes behind it staring back at her.

"Oooooohhh!!!" Pinkie's eyes dilated and her mouth shaped into a wide O.


On Tuesday, some students, one of them being Pinkie, went to go check on their trebuchets, all placed in a safe a storeroom with windows at recess.

"I'm so excited! Are you excited? I can't wait to see our beloved funnapult win us those tickets!"

"We never decided on a name Pinkie." The same group partner grumbled. "Calm down!"

But as she opened the door to the room, the students were greeted with a floor littered with blocks of wood. Some of them were separated from another, and some had snapped in two. Even the elastic bands and counterweights were either broken, chipped, or lost.

"What in the--" The male student started.

"How the?" Another student behind him gasped.

"But we've all worked so hard on it!" A third student gasped.

"Grr..." The three students turned to each other with rising anger.

"Uh-oh." Pinkie swallowed.


Meanwhile, in a rather peaceful corner. Adagio finished organising her locker and joined Sunset, Flash, and Hinata on a walk down the hallway.

"So, how does attending a human school feel like?" Sunset asked.

"Well..." Hinata pondered, "It's very intriguing, to say the least. They teach a concept I know of differently, mostly oriented for humans I assume. But other than that, the other students seemed a bit reluctant to ask me about who or what I am. Is it because I'm with you Adagio? And I don't mean any offence to that."

"They'll get used to you. Every new kid's gone through this awkward situation. That is, every new kid who's not infamously known as a violent or manipulative person beforehand." Flash reminded.

"I never thought you'd be on the same boat as Adagio," Sunset spoke.

"I keep it hidden from almost everyone for a reason."

"Well, I guess it was best I learned about recently than when I was... you know." Sunset shrugged.

"It's all in the past, and we've changed," Flash assured. "And the same goes for you, Adagio."

"Sure, whatever you say." Adagio rolled her eyes again.

"Speaking about changing for the better," Sunset remembered. "I should also let you know that for the past months when you were not here, we've been handling incidents that involved magic from our own Equestria. Some of the locals used it for their own gain, but we've resolved and stopped them."

"Woah, you're not human, Sunset?" Hinata gasped.

"Yeah. Adagio and I were born from a different world and didn't have human forms. When we came to this world, we gained human forms - the ones you're looking at right now."

"Ooh!" Hinata's eyes sparkled. "Well, how did you come here?"

"I was banished here, to be accurate." Adagio explained, "But the mirrors below the statue outside the school is the gateway between worlds from what I've been told. Originally, the gateway only opens after thirty moons, but now Sunset and the ponies on the other side were able to reopen it with their own magic."

"I know that look Hinata," Flash smiled, "And yes, people in this world can go to their world. Heck, it was our way back to civilisation!"

"I don't get it..."

"We, along with the girls and other students, went on a cruise trip that got wrecked due to the magic from the world Adagio and I were from. Maybe call it the Pony World for easier clarification. We managed to save everyone on the ship, and we discovered a different portal that took us to the Pony World, and then we hopped back into this world, coming right out of the Wondercolts Statue." Sunset explained, drawing an imaginary pathway and map.

"Oh. I get it," Hinata deduced.

"I should also say that we humans also changed forms when in different worlds." Flash gulped, "It was weird for everyone, having to hunch over and walk around on all fours. Creepy."

"So you turn into ponies in that world! Cool! Does that mean I'd turn into a pony if I went into your world?" Hinata excitingly spoke.

Sunset flinched, "About that, I'm not so sure. You see, dragons do exist in the Pony World, and not in secret either."

"Aww..." Hinata pouted. "I wanted to feel what a pony is like..."

"And I'm not sure you'd stay as a dragon because--" Sunset continued until a loud kerfuffle crashed over their conversation.

"That doesn't sound good." Flash noted, "This way!"

The four came across another hallway filled with a crowd of students yelling and arguing with each other. Some were fighting back tears as they point fingers of accusation. Some looked tough and furious, while not mincing any of their curses and words.

"That's not good!" Hinata panicked, "Everyone's fighting with each other!"

"Hey! Pinkie!" Sunset called,

"Ooh! Hiya Sunny! Flashy! 'Dagio! 'Nata!" Pinkie rushed over from the crowd, "Good to see you here!"

"Nata? That's a cute nickname!" Hinata giggled, "But anyway, what happened?"

"Oh! All the trebuchets in the science storeroom are all destroyed! And everyone's now pointing fingers at each other for sabotaging the entire thing!"

"Wait what!?" Sunset jumped, "That's impossible! I thought the teachers said it would be secure!"

"Beats me..." Pinkie shrugged.

"Is there magic involved? Someone?" Sunset continued.

"As a matter of fact... no." Pinkie shook her head. "I couldn't smell any magic there."

"Hey!" A student called out, "Maybe it's her!!!" And pointed at Adagio.

"Huh?" The five jumped and was surrounded by the mob of students. Once against each other, now all in agreement of a single culprit.

"No, wait..." Another student yelled, "It's definitely her!"

"Wha-- no!" Pinkie disagreed, "That's not true! She wouldn't do it!"

"Yes, she could, and would! As someone who mesmerised the school and causes chaos, she'd benefit out if it!" Another yelled back.

"Not true! I was with her for the first two periods of class! She wouldn't have the time to go to the storeroom!" Hinata defended.

"She doesn't have to! She can just mesmerise someone and order them to go sabotage the trebuchets!" A third student countered. "We all know how that feels!"

"Calm down everyone!" Flash raised his voice, "Didn't we all hear her say that she couldn't hypnotise or mesmerise people anymore?"

"She lied!" Went several students.

"Everyone, I can ensure that she's telling the truth or not! I can use my geode and--" Sunset tried to speak over them, but the hoard of comments and students drowned out her voice.

"I knew her coming back was a bad idea." One could be heard. "She's nothing but trouble!!!"

"Get her out of the school!" Another yelled, "In fact, get her out of life!!!"

"Welp..." Adagio shrugged, "At least you guys tried."

"No..." Flash clenched his fist. "This is not right... this is not right at all...!"


"Let me explain again Flash. Anger is a good thing. You just have to control it for a good cause! Sure, you may use it to bring bad people to justice, but also defend the innocent! And not with fighting either. Your anger is enough to get other people's attention." Jupiter shared.

"And how can that work?" Flash asked.

"Your parents are a great example to follow from! I heard your father's a defence lawyer. In court, that means they try to find the truth and declare whether one is guilty or not guilty."

"Yeah. And he doesn't like it when people in the wrong go scot-free and vice versa. In fact, mum and I would go out of our ways to make sure he doesn't blow up! And doing that is hard to tell when he always looks strict."

"So you'd understand that he'd get angry, but he would never resort to hitting others." Jupiter responded, "Now, I know that a majority of humans would try not to follow 'their parents' footsteps', but can you see that his way of expressing anger shows how much you care about the victim. Just as you do when someone gets injured."

"..." Flash sat in silence.

"This may be one of many issues that can test your anger," Jupiter assured. "Your own friends can be falsely accused. Now I understand if you don't have any evidence, it's hard to defend someone. But out of all people, you should know your friend best. You would know that they wouldn't or couldn't do a sort of crime. You just have to let your anger amplify your voice, rather than your fists."

"I see."

"And remember. You only get angry because someone was wronged." Jupiter warned. "Don't be a fool to use your anger to push the ideas and agendas of yourself or others."

"Sounds like something Mum would say." Flash smiled, "And don't worry Mr Jupiter, I won't. Seeing examples of those types of people deter me far enough anyways."


"QUIET!!!" Flash roared, his mana and voice shaking the floor. Immediately, every student had thought a teacher had come to the scene but went puzzled when they saw a science teacher arriving on the scene with confusion on his face.

"You must all have lost your minds if you think Adagio had anything to do with it. We all were there when we sang with the Rainbooms. We shattered the Dazzling's pendant. She CAN'T mesmerise people anymore, she's innocent!" Flash growled out loud. Immediately, all the students turned on Flash with sceptical glares.

"Oh yeah!? Why are you suddenly the white knight for her huh? Simp!" A student yelled back. And then all students began yelling at Flash and continuing the accusations.

"Wh-What's going on!?" The science teacher demanded.

"Sorry about that sir." Pinkie rushed up to him, "But all the trebuchets are destroyed, and they think it's Adagio's fault."

"Wait... what!?" The teacher jumped in shock, "But I checked on them this morning! They were fine!!!"

"And that's what we're trying to find, sir." Flash chimed in, ignoring the insults and towing Adagio along. "Is there a camera in the storeroom?"

"W-Well yes! The storeroom also contains dangerous chemicals, so of course, we need to make sure to keep a close eye on it!"

"Can you get it?" Flash requested. "We need to find out who did this."

"S-Sure... but are you sure it's not Adagio?"

"It's not her." Flash glared, "But as I said, I want to find out who did this."

"O-Okay!" The teacher quivered, "B-But I'll need to let Vice-Principal Luna know about this if it involves cameras!"


The Vice-Principal was shocked to see Flash, Sunset, Adagio, Hinata, Pinkie, and the science teacher knock and enter her room with a horde of angry students behind them. As Flash explained the entire situation, Pinkie rushed back outside and grabbed the same group member from before.

"Seriously? Again!?" The male student moaned, "Stop doing this Pinkie!!!"

"This was a bad idea, getting those tickets as a prize." Luna moaned, "But be as it may, we want to see the truth too. Let me get the security files out."

Luna quickly navigated through the computer system and pulled out the security footage.

"When was the first sight of the destroyed trebuchets?" Luna asked.

"Start of recess!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"When was it last seen intact?"

"The first period of today!" The teacher answered.

"Hmm..." Luna examined the footage. She pinpointed and confirmed the two points given, and carefully closed the gap. After a few seconds, her eyes opened up in disbelief.

"What is it?" The unintroduced student asked.

"It is not Adagio." Luna judged. "But the culprit is something not of this world either..."

"Not of this world!?" Sunset, Flash, Hinata, Adagio, and the science teacher exclaimed.

"This..." Luna scrolled back the video a bit, then turned the laptop to the seven witnesses and pressed play. The video showed all the trebuchets lined up on a shelf, all intact. Then five seconds later, a green blur flew in from an open window and crashed into the shelf, destroying it and the trebuchets it stored. Once the dust cleared, the little green wrecker stood up all dazed, then horrified at the mess he made. Without any haste, it flew back up and out the window it came in.

"What the!?" The student gasped,

"That... what the hell is that!?!?" The teacher spoke horrified.

"Wings, horns, eyes..." Hinata gasped under her breath. "It's him..."

"Adagio..." Sunset started. "Is that???"

"Yeah." Adagio nodded in unison. "It's a dragon."

"You know what this is?" Luna asked.

"I know it may be hard to believe..." Flash started. "But it's a dragon."

"That's impossible!" The student objected. "Dragons don't exist!"

"But it is possible for them to come here. After all, magic does exist." Flash countered. "We've all witnessed it with our very own eyes."

"Urgh..." The student grumbled.

"Look, if it doesn't convince you. Let me remind you of what happened, and to cut out any sense of doubt." Flash gave an angry face. "Remember. Adagio can only mesmerise people when she sings with her old pendant, and with her Dazzlings. Now, her old pendant was destroyed, and Aria and Sonata aren't here. Plus, Adagio can barely sing."

"How dare you!" Adagio snapped.

"Furthermore, I've been in the same class with Adagio for the first two periods. She didn't even move from her desk, let alone sing," Flash continued.

"Same here!" Hinata responded.

"I'm another witness," Sunset joined. "I've been with her too, and she did nothing. I'm convinced I don't have to use my geode to see whether she's lying. Unless you dou--"

"Geez! I get it!" The student roared, then breathed heavily. "Look... I already believed when I saw that green dragon. If it is one. As I said, I'm an honest guy, and I can see that Adagio had nothing to do with it."

"See?" Pinkie giggled, "I told you he means well! It's why I dragged him here!"

"Adagio, I still don't like you over what you did but..." The student sighed. "I'm sorry, for falsely accusing you. I'll live content with it."

"Whatever." Adagio rolled her eyes.

"In that case." Luna closed her laptop. "I shall notify Celestia and the rest of the students. I take it that means the contest is cancelled today?"

"Of course." The teacher sighed. "Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't you, Adagio. I'd be worried if any student would do that, regardless of past crimes."

"Don't get too comfy with it." Adagio glared.


"She didn't do it!?"

"Bullshit! The teachers got mesmerised!!!"

The students quarrelled once again when Luna disclosed the news about the culprit and Adagio's innocence. Of course, such rude language was expected and heard by the teachers, which they responded by ensuring a free one-way ticket to Ms M. Adagio didn't mind. She may not be believed by the students, but most of the teachers and the Vice-Principal seemed to agree. The contest was extended for next week, so students were able to repair or build their trebuchets again. Adagio and Hinata were even offered to join a team.

"I'll be fine." Adagio declined. "Never wanted the tickets anyway..."

"Having you here is a prize enough!" Pinkie cheered, hugging Adagio.

"Get off me." Adagio bitterly commanded. "But thanks I guess, for sticking up for me."


With that, school ended without any more hiccups, and everyone went back home safely. That night, however, Applebloom was walking down the empty streets with some plastic shopping bags, with only the lamposts giving her an illuminated path.

"Ahh cow dung. Ah got lost again." She sighed. "Ah should've asked Big bro or sis to guide me along. Or brought mah phone along for that matter!"

She could feel an invisible yet cold finger run down her spine.

"An Ah'm gettin' the feeling that Ah'm being watched..." She swallowed. In response, an ethereal light blue wisp floated out of hiding, circling the little teenager.

"What in the hay? Ah've never seen somethin' like this before..." She stared at it in wonder, unaware that a pair of eyes were watching her from behind. With a heavy breath, the shadow sneaked towards the girl, who had her back to him. But alas, he didn't pay attention to the wisp above her. The moment he took a few steps forward, the wisp dived down and struck him on the head. Applebloom shrieked when she heard a loud growl of pain followed by a loud crunch. Turning back, she saw the figure, all dressed in black, lying unconscious. The wisp, a little stunned after his strike, returned to its original position - circling above her.

"Are..." Applebloom looked at the blue wisp. "Are you tryin' to protect me?" The wisp paused and bobbed up and down in response.

"W-Well, thanks..." Applebloom thanked, nervous that she had to be greeting a ghost of all things. "Th-Then can you take me home?"

The wisp bobbed up and down again and floated down the street, leading the eager girl back home. In doing so, the two of them passed by the school, unaware that a familiar pair of yellow eyes were peeking into the school kitchen... and slipping into a carelessly unlocked door.


On Wednesday, cries of despair and desperation erupted in the school cafeteria. Inside the kitchen lay open empty cupboards, plates, bowls, industrial fridges, and traces of half-eaten vegetables, meat, and boxes.

"This is a mighty disaster!!!" Granny Smith echoed, "We've been ransacked last night! All the food prepared for today, gone like the wind! The students will have nothin' to eat!"

"Try to calm down." Luna assured, "Is there any way that we can solve this?"

"Well, all we jus' need is a large supply of new ingredients. Vegetables, meat, anythin'! We can get everything ready, but Ah don't know how we can get it in such a short time!"

"Granny?" Applejack, Big McIntosh, Applebloom and a few others ran in. "We got here as fast as we could. Well... Sweetie was adamant in bringin' her friends along, which also includes 'Dagio fer some reason."

"It's called 'inclusion', Applejack," Sweetie spoke sassily.

"Oh cool!" Scootlaoo gasped as she peered into the kitchen, "The entire kitchen? Someone must have been hungry!!!"

"Who would've eaten that much?" Applebloom asked,

"Hmm..." Adagio peered at the scene, then an idea popped into her head.

"Hey, everyone." Adagio raised a hand,

"Eeyup?" Big Mac turned around.

"I take it you need a fresh supply of food?" Adagio gave a devious smile.

"Yeah." Granny Smith nodded. "But to make a hollerin' to any of our providers will take a while. Ah don't know if they're any that are- wait a minute..." She gave back a coy smile. "Are you thinkin' 'bout Ms Cleo?"

"Exactly!" Adagio snapped her fingers. "If there's anyone who has an abundance of food to give in a short amount of time, it's Alberia Markets!"

"She's right!" Sweetie gasped, "I completely forgot about that!"

"Would she agree to do so on short notice, though?" Applejack questioned.

"She'd better." Adagio bit her lip, "Otherwise, she isn't the same person that took care of me!"

"It's a good plan." Big Mac agreed. "We're actually on close terms."

"Yes. We've met her last week." Luna nodded reluctantly, "But, how close is she?"

"Closer than you think!" Sweetie giggled, "We can quickly grab it if need be!"

"Surely the other staff members can do that. We don't have to get you all to-"

"It's okay, Vice-Principal." Granny Smith assured. "They'll be able to do this before the dang school bell rings!"

"... Okay then, I trust your judgement," Luna confirmed. "Go."

"You'd better keep up everyone!" Adagio laughed as she dashed out the cafeteria, "The last one to the park's a rotten siren!"

"Oh Ah ain't losin' to you 'Dagio!" Applejack chased after her, all fired up.

"Ooh! Can we come along too?" Scootaloo asked.

"Sure! The more the merrier!" Applebloom invited. And the three crusaders ran off.

"Take care Granny, Vice-Principal." Big Mac nodded and departed.

"In that case, Ah'm gonna make a call." Granny Smith pulled out her phone and dialled a number. "Ms Cleo? Howdy-do! It's me, Granny Smith. Look, there's a heap o' trouble at the school. You see..."


All the way in the Halidom, Cleo was in the endless garden, picking out the best vegetables.

"Cleo!!!" Adagio called out to her.

"Ah! Adagio." Cleo beamed at the sight of the CHS students. "And good morning to you, Apples and Crusaders!"

"Mornin Ms Cleo." Applejack tipped her hat, "Listen, we need a big favour from you."

"Canterlot High School is in desperate need of food?" Cleo answered. "That's actually why I'm here right now." Everyone jumped at her response.

"Ya know?" Applebloom gasped.

"Granny Smith called me beforehand and told me all of you would be coming, and how much produce will be needed," Cleo informed.

"You got a mobile phone?" Adagio pointed.

"Bought it last Sunday with Ms M." Cleo answered. "Anyway, we need to be fast if we want to beat the clock. Adagio, Big McIntosh, can you help?"

"It's my job." Adagio shrugged.

"Eeyup." Big Mac nodded.

"We can help too." Applejack offered, "Us Apples worked on the farm before, not just an apple orchard."

"Then, by all means, I'd be honoured!" Cleo agreed.

"Then what about us?" Sweetie pointed to Scootaloo and herself.

"There should be a set of baskets and boxes to store the vegetables in. Oh, and you'll also find the wagon there too." Cleo instructed.

"Aye aye!" Scootaloo saluted, "Let's go, Sweetie!!!"


"Eeyup, Nope, Eeyup, Nope, Nope, Nope, Eeyup."

Except for Big Mac, the vegetable pickers swiftly pulled out every ripe vegetable with silence and concentration. Whenever they completed a row each, they dropped their harvest to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle - the packagers for every basket and box.

"Remember. It's a puzzle. A very delicate puzzle!" Scootaloo reminded herself as she carefully fit every corn, cucumber, carrot, and leek into a box with the utmost care. Then separated the turnips, tomatoes and potatoes in the baskets.

"Maybe I'll pack a dragonfruit for good luck!" Sweetie giggled as she placed a red ripe dragonfruit into her basket, then loaded it on the red wagon.

After one hour, the wagon and a few large merchant packs were fully loaded and ready to go.

"Tremendous work everyone." Cleo applauded. "Sad to say, I believe the school has started without you, but you've definitely saved her lunchtime."

"We're not out of the woods yet." Scootaloo stood firm, copying Mr Sentry. "We need to deliver this to Granny Smith intact."

"I can be your escort for any stray fiends," Cleo assured. "Not to worry."

"Wait." Adagio paused. "I need to get changed first."

"For what?" Asked Sweetie.

"I need to change into Francesca! If we're bringing boxes and baskets from Alberia Markets to CHS, I need to make others know that it's the usual merchant doing the deliveries! People will get suspicious if I just go as is..."

"You really are considerate." Cleo complimented, "But that won't be necessary. As I said, I will be coming along too. And we can take the misty portal directly to Canterlot High School's kitchen. You can be seen as a helper, which I'm sure the Vice-Principal knows."

"Fair enough then." Adagio shrugged. "Let's go. And be careful, you're carrying an amount of food worth at least hundreds to feed the school."

"I rest my case," Cleo giggled.


*Bang Bang Bang* Went the back door of the CHS kitchen.

"Yup?" Granny Smith opened the door.

"We're here!" Cleo and the students greeted lively, blowing back Granny.

"Well Ah'll be!" She chortled, "Ya really did bring it!"

"We can check right now, so we know that you have enough." Cleo reminded, passing her a list. "We'll let the kids bring it to where you needed."

"No need." Granny Smith took the list and peered through it. "The lunch ladies and Ah will unpack the goods. You kids get to yer class. Luna's notified the teachers of yer responsibilities. Extremely grateful to y'all. Ya saved lunch! Especially you Adagio. Yer the one who came up with the idea."

"Well..." Adagio gave an evil smirk. "Just make sure to reimburse us with the exact amount."

"Adagio!" The girls frowned.

"Naw, she's right." Granny chuckled, "Deal's a deal. That's how things work."

"And besides." Cleo chuckled. "Francesca enjoyed making money."

And so, the entire school body was unaware that they could have nothing to eat for lunch, save for a few staff and students. None questioned Adagio, the Apples and the crusaders when they arrived late in class, at least directly. Some were, however, puzzled that the mentioned six received a small bowl filled with sliced pieces of an unknown fruit on their lunch trays.

"Wow!" Sweetie closed her eyes with a joyful smile as she chewed the fruit, "The Grastaean dragonfruits are really tasty!"


On Thursday, Adagio decided to hang out with Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Twilight at lunchtime.

"What in the world..." Rarity grumbled at her phone. "A majority of the students are giving you a bad name on social media. Absolute lies and slander! And they're also calling Flash a simp too. The nerve!"

"Yeah? Well, I don't have a phone or laptop. So I don't care about that!" Adagio scoffed.

"If you ask me." Fluttershy spoke nervously, "There are some social media platforms that are full of it. So I only use it just to communicate with friends."

"Trash talk is trash talk!" Rainbow laughed, "Don't listen to those idiots. You should trust us, and most of the teachers are fine with you already."

"There it is!!!" A student called. "Get it!"

"Hee hee hee!!!" An echoey but suave voice responded, "You ladies gotta work harder if ya wanna catch me!"

A wisp turned sharply into the hallway, with a trio of exhausted girls on its trail.

"Goddess... I'm absolutely beat!" One of them, a student named Rose, dropped to her knees.

"Somebody... avenge us..." The second, named Daisy, croaked.

"Hey!" Fluttershy and the others ran over, "Are you okay?"

"We're fine... some water would be nice though!" The third student, Lily Valley, tried to smile. "But that creepy thing's been hitting on us! Get it!!!"

"Hey hey hey!!! The five of you really stand out from the other girls!"

The girls turned to see the wisp floating above them.

"Is it looks? Poise? No... it must be something powerful! In each one of you!" It continued.

It swept across each of their eyes.

"I must know all there is about you. Lay onto me your beautiful splendour."

"Oh, I'll show you my splendour alright." Adagio stretched her fingers and palms. "But you gotta get close so I can give an example or two." She lashed out. "Now come here!!!"

"Woah!" The wisp swerved under Adagio's hand. "Fiesty! I like that!"

"It's not a good way to make friends if you're constantly being creepy with your flirting!" Twilight called back.

"I knew the five of you were different, you've got the hots for little ol' me! In that case..." It started zipping away. "Time to play hard-to-get!"

"It won't be hard, getting you!" Rainbow growled, "Not when I shift into super speed!"

"Wait, Rainb-" Fluttershy warned.

"Yeah!" Rainbow launched forward, her hands wide open.

"You're fast!" The wisp chuckled, "But..." He sharply braked. "Do you have good stopping power?"

"Woah!" Rainbow blinked in dismay. She put on the brakes but was not enough to stop her from crashing into the wall, knocking her dizzy.

"Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy gasped and galloped towards her.

"Well then." Twilight turned to Rarity and Adagio. "You think you two can catch it?"

"Leave it to us!" Rarity nodded firmly.

"Whoops... time for me to spirit away!!!"

"That's our line, you no-good ghost!" Rarity retorted. "Come back!"

The two girls charged towards the womanizing wisp, taking over the pursuit. The closer they got, the worried it became.

"These girls are fast! Though not TOO fast unlike that one... welp, every wisp for himself!" And began to put the effort into shaking them loose.

"He went to the right!" Rarity spotted the wisp faking a left turn.

"He's made a sharp left!" Rarity watched it slow down and make a big turn.

"He's making a 180! Get him!" Adagio warned.

Rarity stopped in her tracks and lept towards it with a hand wide open, and caught it in one fell swoop.

"Yes!" Rarity exclaimed successfully as she prepared to land. "I got it!"

"Mmm-mmm! No no no!!!" It taunted back.

"Eh?" Rarity gasped. She could feel a pull in her arm.

"You're kidding me..." Adagio watched as the blue wisp, undeterred by gravity, dangled Rarity in the air.

"Careful now!" The wisp chuckled and twisted around, "I'm gonna wring free!"

"Nya! No!" Rarity yelped as the wisp slipped out of her grip with a pop. Forgetting that she was still in the air, the fashionista landed on her legs and knees, emitting a loud growl of pain.

"Rarity!!!" Adagio ran over and knelt. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine..." Rarity winced. "Is this thing really a ghost? I could grab it, and it's strong enough to lift me into the air and break free!"

"Hee hee..." The wisp chuckled. "You wanna know what I really am? Better catch me!" And bolted away, giggling and laughing as he did so.

"I think I landed too hard on my knees," Rarity caved in. "I have to stop running for a while."

"Okay. I understand," Adagio nodded. "Just me now, huh?"

"I know you can do it, Adagio," Rarity encouraged. "Get it for all of us!"


The mysterious wisp charged into the cafeteria, blasting open the double doors. All the students stopped whatever they were doing and gasped and stared at this uncommon blur floating above them with silent confusion and anxiety as if this eyeless sphere was looking back. Adagio entered soon after, gritting her teeth, and showing no signs of exhaustion.

"You won't be going anywhere now..." Adagio threatened.

"Hmm..." The wisp responded. "I must commend you. You really are a persistent girl."

With a running start, Adagio place jumped on the corner of one of the cafeteria tables and launched herself high in the air, catching it with both her arms and slammed it onto her head, knocking it out. Then, she landed a foot on the table without touching or flipping any lunch trays or bowls and hopped back onto the floor. Despite the existing opinion of the siren, every student and staff that watched exclaimed with 'woah's and 'ooh's.

"Gotcha!" Adagio grinned as she squeezed it tight.

"Adagio!" A familiar voice called out. It was Rarity.

"And you've brought the rest of the band, too!" Adagio chuckled as she turned to the seven girls, the three crusaders, the two guys, and the little dragon in disguise.

"Some of the students and staff saw the chase. So we had time to gather everyone up and know where you went." Rarity explained.

"And we're all equipped with our magic!" Rainbow stretched her arms, "I'm ready to give this little skirt chaser from the afterlife a piece of my mind after that rope-a-dope!"

"Wait." Rarity stopped. "I don't think this thing's a ghost... watch your hands, Adagio." With a whisk of her hand, a hollow crystal sphere formed around The wisp.

"Then what is it?" Twilight adjusted her glasses. "From observations, it definitely looks and moves like one. A wisp, they call it?"

"The problem is though..." Adagio explained, juggling the crystal sphere. "Compared to that lovestruck simpleton staying with Flash, Rarity and I could grab this thing, and it was capable of strength. I think it's some sort of live thing in the guise of this wisp."

"Hey! I heard that!" Philia snapped, popping out of Flash's pocket.

"Adagio?" Applejack stepped forward. "Ya hit the nail right on the head!"

"Wait... you know about this thing?" Rarity and Adagio spoke together.

"Applebloom, Big Mac, even Granny Smith. Best to prolly explain this in a less-crowded barn." Applejack suggested. "And we gotta steer this thing straight outta here..."

"Let me out!!!" The wisp roared after it woke up, "Let me out!!! I demand to be released!!!"

"Zip it, you!" Rainbow pushed her face onto the crystal sphere. "After what you've pulled, you have every reason to be jailed!"

"No fair! This wasn't part of the deal Applejack!"

"Excuse me? Ah never recall you tellin' us you were a skirt chaser!" Applejack retorted. "Don't ya know this sorta behaviour's not accepted in society?"

"Hey girls?" Flash spoke up, "Maybe we should move this to another place. Before our busted ghost does anything rash."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed with a nod.

"Then..." Rarity started as she and her thirteen friends walked out of the cafeteria. "Where can we take this thing? I mean, I would normally take this to either the principals, but I'm not sure how they can deal with something like this. In fact, WHO can deal with something like this?"

Hinata and Sweetie gasped with an idea.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Hinata?" Sweetie beamed.

"I sure do, Sweetie!" Hinata beamed back.


In the history classroom, Ms M glared down at the caged wisp, placed in front of her desk. The wisp, though its appearance was a little obscured by the patterns of Rarity's projected cage, wobbled as it gazed back.

"Well well..." Ms M started. "What are you doing on this side of the world, you little imp?"

"F-Flamewyrm!" The wisp trembled. "I-It is tremendous to see you in your fiery beauty! And you've become a teacher for humans! Truly humbling!"

"Talk about a 180 in behaviour," Sweetie mocked.

"You know what he is as well, Ms M?" Fluttershy asked.

"It takes a dragon to easily detect a dragon." Ms M explained. "But the fact that this fool has involved a few of our students, the higher-ups of the school rightfully deserves to know."

"So that means the Principal and Vice-Principal will be coming." Sunset guessed.

"Sunset, I assure you. Though we may be different, even us dragons comprehend right and wrong, commendations and punishment, which is what he'll be facing." Mym explained. "Besides, it wouldn't be a punishment to him at all, given his character."

"Oh, I don't mean that. I was just guessing, is all." Sunset added. "They both know that magic happens around here, and the Vice-Principal's seen a dragon before on video."

"Wait, she what?" The people who weren't present in Luna's office on Tuesday spoke confused, including Ms M.

"Ooooohh..." Pinkie went wide-eyed. "So that wisp there is a dragon, huh?"

"Indeed." Ms M nodded. "Now.. can you reveal your true form to everyone?"

"Well..." The wisp paused. "I'm a little cramped at the moment. The young lady who created this sphere, may you please release me? I promise to be on my best behaviour!"

"It will be alright, Rarity." Ms M assured. With a nod, Rarity removed the cage, and the wisp puffed up and up to the point that it exploded (harmlessly) into a puff of smoke. When it subsided, a short-tailed dragon the size of a microwave was sitting on the table with short yet muscular legs out. His floppy ears went down to his belly, while his wings spread far from the width of his body. His horns pointed towards the sky, curved like a very thin 'S', and was orange to yellow with a pattern of horizontal lines. Pinkie made a big gasp while jumping in the air for dramatic effect.

"Heeeeeyyy!!!" She zoomed right into the little red dragon's face. "Those eyes make you similar to Welly!!!" The group gave even more confused looks.

"Nice to meet you, ladies." The red dragon bowed. "I am the Kindling Imp."

"The imp is a very common type of dragon, to the point that it has variations of all five elements. As you can tell by his colour and name, the Kindling Imp is flame-attuned." Ms M explained. Out of nowhere, five loud knocks, each a second apart, came from the door. Everyone started to panic, except Pinkie.

"Ooh!" Pinkie perked up. "That's the secret knock I told my older sister! Can I let her in, Ms M?"

"A-Are you sure about that?" Ms M swallowed.

"Yep! And like me, she knows!" Pinkie squeaked, "Come on in, Maud!"

"Ms M. Classmates." Maud greeted dully as she slammed the door open, then shut once she got in.

"Maud." Ms M nervously greeted back. "So... what is the story between you and Pinkie?"

"This..." Maud held out a stone-coloured Gym sack, packing something alive.

"Let... me... out!!!" The bag gave a muffled demand.

"This is a little friend we made this Monday. And is also the culprit behind Canterlot High School's food emergency yesterday!" Pinkie declared and snapped her fingers. Maud opened the bag and loosened a blue dragon the same size as the Kindling Imp. This one had a much longer tail, with a fin at the end of it, resembling a fish. As for her horns, they resembled wings and were positioned just on top of her eyelids, making it look like eyebrows instead.

"Introducing, Queen Welly!!!" Pinkie introduced. "Technically, her real name is 'Wellspring Imp', but saying that is a mouthful, and honestly? It's hardly a name fitting for her! She has appointed me as her herald, messenger, and chef, and Maud as her escort! Isn't that nice?" The imp lowered her head in greetings.

"And I'm completely lost..." Sweetie sighed.

"Speaking about lost..." Rainbow chimed in. "Look who's here!" She gestured to the window, where a third dragon was waving outside. The same green dragon that Rainbow bumped into last Tuesday.

"Hello everyone," The green imp greeted as Rainbow let him in. "I am the Zephyr Imp."

Rarity held her head in exhaustion. "I never thought I would say this, but seeing three new dragons on the same day is making my head hurt."

"Well, it definitely changes the situation entirely!" Ms M started. "So I assume YOU were the one who messed up the trebuchets?"

"I did." The Zephyr Imp nodded. "And I am here to apologise for my reckless flying."

"And Welly's here to pay us back!" Pinkie added,

"Queen Welly." The Wellspring Imp corrected. "But yes, this is true. It would be remiss for a Queen, or anyone in particular if they did not give back what they took. Hence, I shall reimburse this educational institution for my meal."

"She doesn't seem to mind Pinkie's nickname." Twilight tried not to laugh.

"Well, how about that." Adagio raised an eyebrow. "Dragons having a sense of dignity! Unlike this little red twig..."

"Now that is a cold blow!" Kindling Imp winced then smiled. "Too bad I'm all flames!!!"

"This meeting was definitely not how I expected it to go, but I'm very happy that the two of you are owning up as well." Ms M admitted. "The people you should apologise to are the ones who run the place, and maybe the students and the lunch ladies/gentlemen too. The former will be coming here soon."

Three normal knocks came from the door.

"Ms M?" Luna called, "The Principal and I are here."

"Come in!" Ms M responded. The two sisters opened the classroom door and saw the history teacher, fourteen of their students, and three winged creatures sitting on the desk, all staring back at them.

"Umm..." Celestia broke the awkward silence. "Did we come at a bad time?"

"No." Ms M frantically shook her head. "This is exactly what we need to talk about. I'd like to introduce you to the Kindling, Wellspring, and Zephyr Imps. Dragons who'd like to confess."

"D-Did they come from the world of magic?" Celestia wearily asked.

"No." Sunset shook her head, "Rather, they are from this side of the world."

"Dragons existing in our own time..." Luna clasped her mouth. "If there truly were such sightings, then the world would be declaring it out to everyone. And yet an elusive type of species stand before us in the flesh!!!"

"Wow. I would never have thought humans would be so interested in our existence. Normally people would just bat an eye to the likes of us then continue prodding around their own lives!" The Kindling Imp chuckled.

"I guess that's what happens when Dragons had isolated themselves from humanity for hundreds of years. Not to mention that humans don't live that long as we do!" The Zephyr Imp reasoned.

"Fellow dragons, let us not forget our purpose here." The Wellspring Imp reminded. "The three of us are here to give an utmost apology for things that we have done to this school."

"Did what?" Celestia and Luna looked at each other.

"You are known as the Principal. Yes?" The Zephyr Imp started.

"Principal Celestia." Celestia corrected, "But I do not mind regardless."

"And I am Vice-Principal Luna. If you're wondering." Luna added.

"I want to apologise for my reckless actions. For I was the one who flew into your premises and destroyed numerous wooden contraptions on Tuesday. I believe they were called trebuchets? As Rainbow said." The Zephyr Imp declared.

Luna gasped. "I thought you looked familiar!"

"I want to declare an official apology for eating throughout your kitchens yesterday without asking." The Wellspring Imp declared. "And I have come here to repay it. If you may, Maud..."

The unenthused girl rummaged through the gym sack again and drew an assortment of sparkling rings, bracelets, pearls in strings, and all sorts of gem-adorned jewellery. Except the Pie sisters', every human, including dragons disguised as humans, jaw was dropped.

"Not fake. All genuine. I checked." Maud added, causing everyone's jaw to drop further.

"Deep breaths..." Celestia told herself. "It's just someone paying back what they owed the school. I mean, never mind that it's a dragon who pays people back with treasure!" She took another deep breath and blurted out. "How did you get all this!?"

"Queen Welly has a secret cavern where she stores lots of treasure!" Pinkie reported. "She calls it her kingdom, and we're not her only subjects, plenty of different animals too."

"And my subjects will be greatly rewarded for their services." Welly declared. "As is befitting of a benevolent queen."

"Hey..." Applejack whispered to Pinkie. "Are you and Maud actually her subjects? Or is this some game between you and her?"

"I dunno, AJ. It's really funny to see a little dragon act like a queen, but given that we're literally paid in gold, she's absolutely serious." Pinkie whispered back, "But she's pretty flexible. If she ever needs us, she'll seek us out."

"I see..." Celestia calmed down and turned to the Kindling Imp. "Now that leaves you. You are the one responsible for making the girls uncomfortable?"

"Well, I can't blame them for being so drop-dead gorgeous. And the same goes for both of you!" The Flame Imp winked.

"Hey! There shall be none of that around us!" Luna roared. "Do you do this to every woman you pass by, regardless of age!?"

"Regardless of any kind, actually. Humans, Sylvans, even birds and fish!" He raised his hands and gave a smug grin.

"Oh, Goddess. He's even worse than I thought!" Rarity exclaimed,

"I... have nothing to say about that." Fluttershy shared, but gave up halfway.

"Hey, Kindling Imp... ya know what? How 'bout Ah call you Kindl instead?" Applejack started,

"Ooh! Nice nickname! Sure!" The flame imp nodded.

"Are you goin' to keep puttin' shoes in yer mouth, or do ya want to bring up yer little trace of grace?" Applejack questioned.

"Grace?" Everyone spoke up.

"That's right y'all. And it's grace that earned him shelter in our barnyard. We only learned that he was a skirt chaser today though." Applejack declared. "Ya see, Applebloom wanted to do late-night shoppin' alone yesterday, but she got lost. To make matters worse, some nasty guy was stalkin' her!"

Everyone gasped in shock.

"But then he, as a wisp we saw today, smacked him unconscious, then led me home." Applebloom finished. "But instead of leavin', he decided to show his dragon form to us. Or rather, Big Mac."

"I smelt something nostalgic on him," Kindl explained. "So I followed him to school the next day to see if I could find more of that scent, then I lost myself when I saw so many ladies around. I apologise!"

"Hmm..." Celestia sighed. "Now I'm truly in a predicament. I appreciate that you apologise for your actions, but I don't know know how I can punish you for it. You're not part of the school so I can't punish you like students. However, calling the police would make matters even complicated."

"Ooh!" Pinkie jumped up. "I have an idea!"

"What do you propose?" Luna asked.

"Make a pact with Rarity and the others! They're the ones who might have been giving you nostalgia, as they're the ones who've been visiting the Halidom all the time!"

"The Halidom still stands!?" The three imps gasped.

"The Halidom?" Celestia repeated, "I've never heard of such a place!"

"Yep!" Pinkie nodded. "It's the name of the place where Adagio is staying!"

"I... see. And I assume you have control of these pacts, Rarity?"

"To put it simply, yes. Alongside Adagio, Flash, Big Mac, and my sister." Rarity admitted. "The five of us have been handling matters with dragons, just like any magic-related matters!"

"Well..." Celestia cleared her throat. "Do you have anything to say about this, Luna?"

"It's like our past incidents all over again." Luna shook her head. "But these three situations did not escalate to their level, thankfully. Furthermore, we've seen how you managed to bring all these incidents to a close, so I am more than confident that you can handle these dragons."

"I think so too." Celestia nodded. "Now the three of you. I can see that you are of good and noble nature, so I can forgive you for your mistakes. However, please don't be so reckless, ask before you eat, and be civil."

"Of course!" The Zephyr Imp saluted.

"You have my word as Queen." Welly bowed.

"How can I say no to you? I shall be a good dragon." Kindl bowed too. "That being said, making a pact with you would be rather... complicated." He turned to Rarity.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that." Hinata jumped in. "It's just like making friends!"

"Is that so?" Welly raised an eyebrow. "Very well then."

"Phew!" Flash sighed with relief. "Glad this turned out well!"


On Friday, Celestia gave an email to everyone that the investigation of the flirtatious wisp has been solved, and will no longer haunt the school again. All the students and staff felt relieved, but then they remembered that the student who caught The wisp in the canteen was none other than Adagio. Immediately, they try to dismiss and deny it in their minds and continue glaring at Adagio to ensure that she was unwelcome in this school, not that she cared anyway.

"Don't worry Adagio." Rainbow wrapped an arm around the siren. "They'll get used to you."

"Besides, you're very much welcome here now. Us, and the teachers. We got your back if anyone falsely accuses you of something." Fluttershy added.

"Way to state the obvious you two." Adagio rolled her eyes. "But again, thanks. Speaking of which, what about the little imps?"

"Zephiel's a wandering dragon, but I let him know he's more than welcome to crash at my house. By the way, Fluttershy gave him that nickname." Rainbow answered.

"For my own sanity. Three people I know go by the name of Zephyr. Him, another dragon, and my ridiculous brother." Fluttershy explained.

"Fair enough. What about you, McIntosh? Everything good with Kindl?" Adagio turned around,

"Forgiven." Big Mac answered,

"He's a good heart n' hand back home," Applejack added, "And he'll be that way if it means making Applebloom, Granny, and Ah feel happy and safe, so he's a keeper!"

"As I said about Welly yesterday, she's flexible and understands that Maud and I have lives. She'll come only if she requires us. I would really love it if she comes around for fun or dinner though! The more the merrier, human or dragon!" Pinkie jumped in.

"And don't worry!" Rainbow chuckled, "They also said if they sense any of us in great trouble, they'll come to see us. Guess that's our way of showing our Dragalia! Unless you beg to differ, Hinata?"

"Nah, it's cool." Hinata gave a thumbs up. "We all have different needs and wants like every form of life."

"Thanks, everyone." Rarity thanked. "For sticking with Adagio, as well as the entire existence of dragons!"

"When we realised Ms M was a dragon. We came to terms with that." Sunset chuckled, pulling out her magic journal. "That being said, would it be okay if I write about the existence of you to my friends in the Pony world?"

"Oh! Not at all!" Hinata approved. "And I don't think Ms M or any dragon would mind either! Given that dragons already exist in your world!"

"You know..." Rarity spoke again, "We all should hang out together for the weekend. And this time, you must come with us Adagio. Tell Ms Cleo you have a day off. Please?"

"You really are desperate." Adagio groaned. "And what do you want me to come along for, anyway?"

"Clothes shopping!!! I work in the Carousel Boutique, so I'll make sure it's absolutely my right that you'll be given service!"

"And we can make sure the places we work will allow you to dine or shop in," Twilight added. "It's fair by now that we should all be giving you a chance!"

Adagio glared at the girls, but it wasn't convincing them that she was not interested.

"I can tell you're hiding your joy!" Pinkie giggled. "You're such a prickly person but so enthusiastic inside! What's the term used by Flash and Scoots' animes?"

"Shut up." Adagio gritted her teeth.

"And speaking about prickly..." Rarity added. "Maybe a new set of clothes could also make you and Hinata more approachable!"

"Me too?" Hinata looked at her clothes. "What's wrong with them?"

"Don't take it personally, but spiked clothing is a fashion statement to others that you're... unapproachable." Rarity explained. "And as for you Hinata, your style is really... basic."

"Basic!?" Hinata jumped.

"More than just that, I think you need a makeover too, to give yourself a little more pizazz and style rather than try to match your true form. As I said, don't take it personally. And who knows? There will be something that you would find a whole lot better!"

"Okay then!" Hinata beamed. "I'll be happy to go out with you!"

"Wonderful!" Rarity pulled all the girls together. "And of course, we need to invite the crusaders and the guys too! We're all in this together! How about we all gather together at Canterlot Mall at lunchtime?"

"Lunchtime? Why not the morning?" Twilight asked.

"I have something in the morning." Rarity replied. "Something new."


"And done and done!"

In the history classroom, Ms M signed the page of her weekly report on Adagio and stamped it with CHS's school emblem. She smiled to herself. For Adagio's first week, the school really had to have uncommon incidents. Thankfully, she wasn't the cause, and to make things better, she contributed to solving it. A very good report, in conclusion. As Ms M began to pack away, a familiar dragon tapped on her window - the Kindling Imp.

"Kindl!" Ms M greeted as she opened the window. "A bit daring that you would come back after what you did yesterday, but I digress. How can I help you?"

"Someone wanted me to relay a message and a plethora of information. The Sylvan in the Halidom was pretty busy, but she told me that you can read through it instead." Kindl answered.

"Technically I'm a bit busy too, but I'm happy to take the message. Who's it from?"

"The Shadowwyrm. He says that he is ready to share the details of his challenge with the girls and guys." Kindl announced. "The information consists of what he wants them to do, and his chosen."

Ms M's face turned serious.

"Who did he choose?" She asked.


On Saturday, in a large studio hall in one of Canterlot's community centres, two masked adults, both dressed in thick white layers of nylon, stared at each other without moving a muscle.

"En Garde!" A third adult, dressed like the adults without a mask, signalled and put her arms and hands out wide. The two masked adults each raised a sword and put one foot forward.

"Pret..." She called, then rotated her palms towards the two and yelled, "Allez!"

In the split second, the sharp sounds of foils clashing, foot stepping, and yells and grunts of aggression rang through the entire studio. The third adult, refereeing the bout, watched amidst all the distracting noises, keeping a sharp eye on the duelists' swords as they vigorously collide, swing, eager to control or overpower the other, until one vigorously danced right around the other, and struck its wielder right underneath the armpit.

"Halte!" The referee commanded, and the duelists ceased. She then gestured to the fencer that managed to land a strike on their opponent and nodded.

"And that..." The winning duelist took off her helmet, revealing her pale silver face and hair of pure cobalt with gold-yellowish shades. "... Is fencing in a nutshell." She explained to a group of mystified teenagers. "It's swift, it's strong, it's smart, and it's certainly fun!"

"There are three different styles to fencing." The losing duelist took off his helmet, revealing his brilliant red short hair with brilliant white and blue streaks, to add to his moderate grey colour. "We will talk about them in greater length in later lessons down the road. Today, we shall just go through the basics - The many warm-up stretches and exercises one must do to ease into the movements of fencing. Then, we will fit all of you into your attire, and your foil, then go through some basic drills in wielding the sword."

"But before all that!" The first lady laughed. "Why don't we all go around and introduce ourselves? My name is Sabre Reverie, but you can all call me Ms Sabre! I've been practising fencing ever since I was just a teenager, and have participated in the previous World Games. I'm also the peppy energetic wife of Epee here!"

"Hello." The gentleman raised his sword to his nose in greeting. "I am Epee Trinity, born in Prance and bilingual in both Prench and English. I have practised fencing in all three styles from the age of seven. I have also participated in the previous World Games representing Prance. It is where I met Sabre for the first time, and we started dating after the games, which led to our marriage a year later. In short, I am the direct and statistical husband of Sabre."

"Bonjour tout le monde ! " The referee stepped forward. "Je m'appelle Fleur Foil. Je viens de Prance, comme vous pouvez le constater. Je suis professor d'escrime. Je ne parle pas anglais, mais je peux comprende. Alors Monsieur Epee traduira pour moi."

"This is Fleur Foil." Epee translated. "She's also born in Prance and is a fencing instructor. She doesn't speak English but she can understand it. So she'll allow me to translate for her when she speaks. Is it okay if I can talk about your hobbies and experience in English?"

"Oui." Fleur agreed,

"Ms Foil first joined a fencing club at the start of her University and has grown exponentially. A pivotal member to winning numerous regional and national awards in all of the three styles, and representing Prance in the World Games, has won a bronze medal in the Fencing - Foil event. She's very fond of animals, food, and dancing."

"Now with that out of the way." Sabre took over. "Let's go from left to right and introduce yourselves and why you're interested in fencing! Starting with you!"

The leftmost student stood up and exclaimed. "My name is Rarity, I'm a student at Canterlot High School, and the reason why I want to join fencing is that... I want to grow in a way that I can protect myself and especially others!!!"

An Unwelcome Return

The End

Next Chapter: The King's Challenge

Comments ( 1 )

looks good so far!
interesting that you seem to be trying to work every game mechanic into the story.

this also seems to be the only dragalialost story on the sight.
considering how the game does crossovers it is not to far-fetched to see an mlp one.
though i also guess a lot of people just dont know about the game, given the lack of advertisement.
(and the game being shut down soon does not help)

Login or register to comment