• Published 3rd Jun 2019
  • 2,639 Views, 38 Comments

Equestria Lost: Dragons beyond time - Tythen



Adagio Dazzle had been spotted by her enemies. While trying to shake them off her tail, she inadvertently brought them to her homestay: A land full of Untold History, Adventurers, Paintings, and Dragons... Dragons? In this side of Equestria??

  • ...
3
 38
 2,639

Conquering Wrath

"Why?" Flash turned cold, dropping his bow.

"I wanted to see the two of you push the boundaries of your own choices and beliefs. Unlike Big Mac, you hardly did any of that," Jupiter answered.

"What? That's ridiculous! I worked with Rodrigo, listened to his plans and ideas, and I even apologised for taking out the orbs in the air!" Flash protested.

"Your friends can tell you the answer," Jupiter explained, "To all of you watching, was Flash really cooperative?"

"Well, he was very innovative and smart when it comes to his fighting skills," Sunset explained.

"He's quick and awesome." Rainbow complimented,

"Not once did have any trouble let alone argue with Rodrigo." Fluttershy continued,

"He's a kind, helpful, and cooperative brother, just like always!" Scootaloo spoke proudly.

"You hold him in high regard! Good." Jupiter nodded, "Now this, is the stinger; Is this any different to how he usually is?"

Expressions on confusion appeared on their faces.

"No. He's a guy who gets along with everyone, rarely tries to pick a fight, except for that time with the Dazzlings." Applejack recalled.

"Thanks for the guilt trip, Applejack." Vida scoffed, "As for me though, this 'kind-to-all-kinds-of-people' behaviour makes him an extremely boring idiot to hang around in my book, but it remained consistent as the time I met him. I don't get why this consistency nets him bad marks."

"I've only met him for a month, and he's a kind and patient guy, who also stands up against a few people who've been wronged. I haven't seen anything drastically different." Philia shared,

"I remember the time he even got injured trying to assist us in taking down a magic-related incident. It does speak volumes about his kindness, as well as his courage to help someone." Fluttershy interjected.

"Yeah." Scootaloo joined in again, "I mean, he always brings out the best image of himself to others! It would be a completely different story if he-" Her voice quickly cut off, and fearfully gasped in realisation.

"No!" She stared at Jupiter, "Is that what you're aiming for!?!?"

"That's right!" Jupiter gave a thumbs-up... or wings and claw-up. "Scootaloo, was it? For the sake of your brother, I suggest you let him find the answer for himself. The same for others who get it too."

"I..." Flash reluctantly spoke, "I... don't get it."

"Then perhaps another round of orb breaking will jog your mind!" Jupiter suggested and made a high-pitched cry to the skies. Orbs of lightning descended from the purple clouds, but only half of the original number.

"I see," Flash observed the haphazard flying orbs. "10 for each person. I take it I'm on my own here?"

"Well, I did say you can use your pocket Philia." Jupiter shrugged, "But you still got to figure out what's holding you back as you do so. Maybe you'll find it even more on your own."

"I..." Flash started, then closed his mouth. "Alright then, better do it again than talk. Let me just get my halberd."

"Here you go." Rodrigo passed the halberd, stick first.

"Thanks." Flash walked back to the middle and stood ready in both stance and weapon. "Are you ready too, Philia?"

"All cooled down, and ready for another volley!" Philia floated towards him.

"Then... begin!" Jupiter declared and sent all 10 orbs flying around the place without any rhyme or reason. Not a single one remained still.

"Wait!" Pia protested, "That's a completely different pattern! That's not fair!!!"

"Hmm..." Flash watched the flying orbs. He gently reached out and placed the halberd's axe part in an orb's way, but it sailed underneath the weapon.

"These things are going faster than before. I don't think I can accurately hit them in one go!" Philia warned.

"I have an idea." Flash recollected, "These orbs will stop if you unleash your skill. And to do that, you need to expend a ton of mana. How about..." He took a deep breath, channelling mana from his spirit into his body. Instead of bursting out into a skill, a yellow aura began to appear around him.

"Hey look! He's 'powering up'!" Pinkie joked.

"No, wait!" Twilight noticed, "Look at the orbs!"

"They're... They're slowing down!" Philia answered.

"That's right." Flash nodded, "But there's just one catch." With a quick pull of his front arm, the halberd shot up axe-first, cleaving the slow orb in two. "It only works if they only get close to me."

"Woah!" Everyone jumped at the realisation. Jupiter furrowed his brows.

"Shall we?" Flash gestured with a smile. He zipped towards the cluster of orbs, taking deep breaths as he did so. Whenever the orbs attempted to fly away from him, they found their acceleration and speed reduced greatly. The second orb managed to dodge a poke by flying to his left but was too slow thanks to his field of mana to escape a second time. The teen instantly pulled back his weapon to position, and follow up with another poke, this time hitting the target. Flash proceeded to follow suit with every orb that got close to him, breaking them with the flawless execution of numerous staff spinning and striking techniques. After one full minute, only two orbs remained untouched, to which they fled to the sky.

"They're still too fast for me to hit." Philia reported, "I'm sorry if I can't be of any more help!"

"Don't say that!" Flash encouraged, "You have been! In fact, don't you know that we only have two orbs left?"

"... Oh right! I forgot!"

"Here goes. Philia! Please help me!" Flash summoned, pulling out the blue essence once again. With the sound of shattering glass and another veil of wind enveloping Flash, the boy changed in colours and voice.

"This will be easy!" Philia taunted as he pulled out the bow and channelled her mana into it. The bow turned green, created the arrows of wind, and froze the orbs high above once again. "Scattershot!"

The wind-charged bow fired the three haphazard flying arrows, which struck the orbs perfectly once again.

"1 minute, 15 seconds!" Twilight recorded.

"Mah Goddess." Rodrigo let his voice slip, "That's even faster n' before!"

"That's gotta be a passin' mark!" Applebloom exclaimed, "Ah ain't seen anyone work that fast!"

"No..." Scootaloo whispered. "It's going to be another fail..."

"Whut?" The Apple siblings turned to her.

"I don't understand..." Sunset argued, "Just what does he need to do?"

"Something..." Scootaloo swallowed, "Ms M and Ms Cleo should know what it is, but I'm surprised Sweetie, Rarity, Adagio, or Big Mac doesn't know."

"We do?" Cleo and Mym looked at each other, "But wha-" Then it hit them.

"The personality reports!" They both answered.

"The what?" Rainbow asked,

"Don't worry Rainbow." Scootaloo assured, "You'll see what I mean. If he wants to pass, that is."

"Well?" Flash, who regained his body, turned to Jupiter, "How's that for breaking limits?"

"Fail," Jupiter spoke unamused.

"Oh come on!" Flash frowned,

"I said I was not going to judge you on your physical skills. Sure you've done it a lot faster on your own but that's your physical skills, not your character! Again!" Jupiter ordered.

"Oh give me a break!" Flash threw his arms up.


Flash repeated the task over and over again, breaking orb after orb, and was graded fail after fail from the Lightwyrm. With every retry, Jupiter made the orbs faster, erratic, unpredictable, and to the point where all the spectators, including Cleo and Mym, felt that the Lightwyrm was making it unfair and impossible. However, Flash always learnt something new about his mana with every retry, and the numerous ways to use it, and began to rarely use Philia's power. For one, Flash was now confident to channel his mana into his legs to leap high into the air and jump from wall to wall. Then he found out that just as he can channel mana into his halberd, it can be separately used as a ward to slow the orbs down as well as a way to launch himself high into the sky with the energy stored inside. He even destroyed some orbs with his own bare hands and legs. As long as he continued channelling his mana through his body, the presence of his mana can slow these orbs down and give him superhuman abilities. Jupiter wasn't feeling it, however. The spectators still had no idea what either party was trying to achieve, except for the usual three.

For the fifteenth try, Flash didn't even bother watching at the fast and furious orbs. He took a deep breath, channelling his mana into his legs, and leapt high into the air. As he soared, he took another deep breath to charge his halberd with mana. The moment he began slowing down, he held the halberd above his shoulder, pulled it back, and threw it back down, impaling the rocky ground with a crack. He then raised his right fist, filled it with light and electricity, and dove towards the halberd, his fist turning into a shooting star as he fell faster and faster. Jupiter sensed danger and flew to the spectators with his wings spread out.

"Get behind me!" Jupiter commanded.

"Haaaaaaarrrgh!" Flash roared, striking the base of the halberd with his mana-charged fist. The collision of two strong bodies of mana unleashed a tremendous explosion of light and electricity, hitting the 10 orbs and shattering them all at once. Thankfully, the damaging force didn't go as far as the spectators, but it did almost sweep them off their feet if it wasn't for Jupiter shielding them from a majority of the shockwave. As the force and dust died down, Flash was balancing on his halberd with his fist. He bent his legs, pushed off the halberd, and landed back on the ground with his two feet. Within the mess, Twilight stopped the time. About half a minute was taken.

"Phew..." Flash pulled the halberd out of the ground, "That was wild!" Everyone else was speechless.

"That... was... awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Really?" Flash chuckled, "It was something I pieced together from the recent tries. I think... well maybe... it could actually be made into a new skill!"

"Super cool!" Pinkie gasped, "What's its name?"

"Hmm..." Flash put his hands to his chin, "It felt like an attack that one would use to finish off their opponent and end the battle in those shows. So maybe a name that reflects that. Decisive Blow... nah, too common. End Strike... no, 'end' doesn't work well."

"May I suggest a name?" Jupiter offered, surprising everyone in the room.

"S-Sure! Go ahead!" Flash gestured.

"Resolute Strike." He named, "In other words, a powerful strike that is performed without a single trace of uncertainty. Hesitate only a little, and it would lose all ferocity and power. Only a determined and strong-willed character that would risk his butt into issues and situations far beyond his league for the sake of others, can exhibit the astounding level of mana witnessed today."

Everyone went speechless at his suggestion and description.

"Wow," Flash spoke after a few seconds. "That was the most encouraging thing you've ever said!"

"It is just a mere suggestion... I'm sure your friends have better names!"

"Nope." Hinata shook her head, "I think that name is perfect!" And everyone else nodded.

"Resolute Strike." Flash repeated, "I'll take it. Thanks for the name, Jupiter. I assume... it's a pass?"

Jupiter gave one big sigh and shook his head.

"Flash..." He started, "This is the fifteenth time. Did you ever think I was being unfair?"

"If it was..." Flash reasoned, "I'd be stuck right now on my third go. But no. I managed to shatter them time and time again, all thanks to that little slow-down trick. You did say as long as I can break them all, that I'd complete it."

"You know." Jupiter changed the subject, "There are terms to negatively describe someone as resolute as you are. Stubborn, stiff, and dense. Which is what you are right now."

Flash stopped smiling.

"There is one uncertainty. I don't know what I'm missing out. What does it take for you to give me a pass?" He asked.

"Well thank you for asking!" Jupiter groaned in satisfaction. "Your flexibility of your mana, as well as your adaptation to those challenges are beyond exceptional. But didn't I tell everyone right at the beginning that I would be judging your character rather than your physical abilities? It's been fifteen turns, and you haven't even figured it out yet? Or are you trying to deny it so much, that you would keep on doing these tests until I give up and just let you go?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Flash maintained his taciturn face.

"Alright then. You leave me no choice." Jupiter grumbled. "Flamewyrm, apologies in advance, but your student demands it."

"I'm sorry?" Mym asked,

"Listen up, Equestrians. I will make a pact with you." Jupiter announced, "But there is just one catch. Flash Sentry must be kicked off the team. He's better off being a kitchenhand or an idol. Any life-supportive job that doesn't involve fighting!"

"What!?!?" Everyone exclaimed,

"We can't do that!" Estelle objected, "He's an important friend, and he's also the strongest! Sure, he was reckless before, but now that he's got the power he's irreplaceable!"

"And despite being an idiot, he's not a pain to fight alongside." Vida added, "I don't even a have single complaint. If I had one, I'd kick him out in a heartbeat."

"Hey!" Flash retorted.

"All true and valid points." Jupiter agreed, "However, there's is one critical flaw that I've seen here. Should he not show or fix right now, he'll be holding you back!"

"What do you mean holding us back!?" Pia lashed out. "He's always been focused on the enemy, or focused on objectives! Especially when he's--" She gasped halfway in realisation. Jupiter smiled at her reaction.

"For my test, I learned about each of your personalities and your actions to prepare." Jupiter explained, "What I saw in Flash today was not even touching what he can do. Sure, he may have learned a new skill and all, but that's not even close to his real strength... or rather his real mentality. That only comes with a certain emotion. That emotion is one he desperately wants to block."

Vida, Estelle, and Rodrigo gasped in realisation too.

"You want to see him angry," Vida revealed.

"Bingo!" Jupiter flapped his wings, "And that's why I said Flash is dense! When I said it was a test of character, surely he knew that his anger was an important area for marks! Are you going to deny that, Flash?"

Flash looked up at him with a no-nonsense gaze.

"Even if I try to hide it, you won't see it anyway." He countered, "No one here got seriously wounded, that's the only thing that will get me to rage."

"Ahh, but I'm afraid that's too close-minded for an excuse. Do you think of your anger as some terrifying rabid fiend that you desperately try to cage and unleash it?" Jupiter asked,

"Many have been hurt or mentally scarred more than they should have. I've been scolded and forced as such. Should I show it in Canterlot, there's no doubt that I would be considered antisocial, even get thrown in jail; despite good reasons." Flash reasoned.

"Hah!" Jupiter howled, "A load of bull plop, I say!"

"I beg your pardon?" Flash raised an eyebrow, "That's uncalled for."

"No. It isn't." Jupiter stood proud, "And here's why. You think you can cage your own anger like a beast as a way to control it. Not only that, but you also think that anger must involve blood or bruises! I tell you now, that's the dumbest thinking ever."

"Are you kidding!?" Flash roared, "I've known and seen for myself how much suffering and pain it causes others! There comes a point where people will get the idea, and even then, the damage would be irreparable!!!"

"Nothing ever goes the way you want things to be. Happens to all living things." Jupiter remained calm. "But have you really considered other ways of expressing anger?"

"Anger will always lead to violence, and that is unacceptable. My parents told me as such, the Goddess spoke as such, and I've seen as such. It is a dangerous sin I recognised in childhood, and I'm humbled that they forgive me for committing it."

"Oh, I'm aware..." Jupiter haughtily spoke, "But I'm afraid I do not agree."

"I get that." Flash sighed, "Not everyone believes in the Goddess and her words, so they think they can belittle others or do all sorts of lows. I have nothing nice to say about that, so I won't say anything."

"You misunderstand." Jupiter corrected, "I do not agree with what YOU think about the Goddess, about anger, and hurting one another. If anything, you've forgotten a lot about the actions and choices of the Goddess you believe in."

Flash widened his eyes and glared at Jupiter.

"First of all, anger doesn't instigate the idea of hurting one another, nor is it the only one that leads to it. All life has harmed one another for many different reasons, better or worse." Jupiter continued. "Greed, for example. One young prince, known as Dane, was a humble ruler who found no greater joy than seeing his family and subjects happy. But once he opened his eyes to the larger world around him, the many secrets outside his nation, he found inspiration, resplendence, and the need to seek it. That turned him into one of the worst people ever. Killing his father to take the throne, sending his people to conquer nations, killing many lives, taking endless treasures of the world and wives, and become an Emperor. And guess what? Not a single regret when struck down, and on his deathbed. He rather chases things he doesn't have, than live content with the unknown."

Everyone gasped, Flash's pupils constricted and he clenched his fists.

"Ah..." Jupiter noticed, "Makes your blood boil, doesn't it?"

"Anyone's blood would boil," Flash growled, his mana crackling around him. "But if he was from your time, it's more than a millennia ago, and history at that time had already recognised him as the worst person to ever live. I shouldn't flare up from something that long ago. It's not worth it."

Then Jupiter opened his beak with a twisted smile.

"Then what if I told you that there was someone who opened Dane's eyes? Just like the serpent who caused humans to turn against the Goddess? Oh yeah, he's still alive too!"

"He's still alive?" Flash growled,

"Yep!" Jupiter winked, "And you're looking right at him!" All the Equestrians gasped at his words.

"You!?" They screamed.

"No..." Flash's face fell. "That's impossible. I know you've been called capricious and a jerk, but you wouldn't stoop to such evil!"

"Oh Flash." Jupiter chuckled, "That is THE most close-minded statement. Ever."

Flash snapped.

"You want me to be angry? Then wish granted!!!" He seethed. The blue electrical mana around him turned yellow and released a big but harmless shockwave that caused everyone but the Lightwyrm to stumble.

"Good!" Jupiter chuckled as he hopped away from the spectators while remaining calm, "It makes you smarter, apparently!"

Flash said nothing but kept an angry gaze at the Lightwyrm as he came to a stop.

"By the way." Jupiter added, still unnerved, "Since you're now in your 'best state', answer me this. Why do you get angry?"

"Because people I know and love were unjustly harmed." Flash responded, equipping his halberd, "Whoever harmed them, they'll regret it! As for you, who instigated someone to commit mass genocide, what do you have to say for yourself!?"

"It was all for entertainment!" Jupiter shrugged, "I've always found humans amusing and entertaining, and Dane brought that in spades!"

Immediately, Flash slid the spearhead across the ground and aimed it at Jupiter, fully charged with his wrath-tempered mana.

"Luminescent Cataclysm!" He yelled and fired the yellow beam once again, unchanged in power and force a month ago. Jupiter stood firm and took the beam full force. To everyone's shock, it neither pierced through the dragon nor did it push him back. The Lightwyrm stood perfectly still, letting the beam flux within his body until it died down with a puff of smoke after five seconds. As the smoke receded, Jupiter puffed his chest out all mighty and proud, electricity and light crackling around his body. Flash looked in horror; compared to the fiends, it did absolutely nothing to the dragon.

"Ahh... now that is some power! I love it!" Jupiter exclaimed, breathing with excitement.

"He enjoyed that!?!?" The horrified audience screamed.

"No doy!" Jupiter smirked, "We're both light-attuned! Any attacks of the same element will have a weaker effect than normal!"

"I'm not done yet! Hyaaaaaaaah!" Flash charged forward, his halberd ready to lunge.

"Guess what, Flash Sentry. You have finally passed!" Jupiter declared.

Flash stomped his foot down, forcing himself to stop.

"I passed?" Flash spoke, his face filled with so mixed and contradicting emotions.

"Well, I just wanted to see if you were amenable to reason first. You see, Ms Cleo and Ms M stated that when you are angry, you think and act skillfully, clearly and rationally. I thought that to be impossible for humankind but since you stopped abruptly, I'm starting to rethink that. Now, while it is true that humans are entertaining to me, I haven't disclosed the entire story with Dane. Are you willing to hear that? Or are you willing to strike me again? The choice is yours!"

With no hesitation, Flash lowered his weapon.

"Talk." He demanded.

"It's no secret to all humanity about my existence back then, and that I was the one who led Prince Dane to this life of evil. Remember what I said about nothing going the way we expected? Well... that was me with him."

"Then why approach him?"

"As I said, humans like you are amusing. For a kind that is objectively inferior to dragons, you can achieve such astounding progress through creativity and ingenuity! That's why I myself approached humanity and offered my guidance to individuals who show promise to broaden that creativity, achieve the impossible for their kind, and provide free entertainment in return! Dane was one such individual."

"So you're like a teacher." Flash deduced,

"And a darn good one as they claimed. All those I've guided are met with great success. Glory, riches, heralds of salvation, all that good stuff. They saw me as a trainer for heroes, and respected me and my name." Jupiter stated,

"But then Prince Dane came along, he did this, and everyone started hating you."

"Pretty much." Jupiter rolled his eyes, "Sick of being vilified, I immediately lost interest in all of humanity for that close-minded thinking without considering my track record. It is, as they say, one rotten apple spoils the entire barrel!"

"So what did you do then?" Flash prompted,

"I isolated myself in the mountains for many years, until one human man actively climbed said mountain and desperately asked for my aid. Can you guess who it is?"

"King Alberius," Flash answered.

"I wanted NOTHING to do with mankind for being such simple-minded people, including him, so I decided to toy with him and chase him off by asking an impossible task." Jupiter continued. "If he wants my power, he must kill a family member of his or a thousand strangers; a test to see what gives the value of life. Connections or numbers. You know what his response was?"

"What?"

"He slapped me on the cheek!" Jupiter laughed, "Told me to stop acting like a little child and man up like the dragon I am!"

Everyone but Flash burst into laughter.

"Is that actually true!?" Rainbow looked to Ms M,

"Yep!" Ms M smiled, then they laughed even harder.

"Do you know how humiliating that is?" Jupiter wheezed, "Still though, even I have to admit that he's right. As weird as it sounds, the nerve for him to strike me got me back that interest in humans and their progress again. So I formed a pact with him."

"I assume you did the same thing with Prince Euden. This 'impossible' test of yours." Flash crossed his arms.

"Yeah. He and his older brother scaled the mountain at the same time and sought my aid. I told them that to decide who gets the pact, one has to 'simply' kill the other. Euden was strong, in both combat as well as his emotions. He wouldn't kill his brother, even told me to shape up too, lest he forces me. And there's my story, The End. Well? Do you believe me? Or not?" Jupiter tilted his head.

Flash looked behind him, where Big Mac and all the girls stopped laughing and looked right back at him. In particular, Flash turned to Ms M, then Vida, and finally Sunset. He turned back to Jupiter and gave one long sigh, calming down.

"You know, no one would make friends with you if you keep on acting like this." Flash started. "But you DO have a point. Even if Ms M had clarified your story to be true, only judging you for Prince Dane's actions, compared to the others you guided, is indeed 'simple-minded'. And yes, it still has been more than many millennia."

Flash took another deep breath, then continued.

"I'm sorry, Jupiter, but even if being angry makes me better and more 'amenable to reason', it will still chase others away, and make them fear me. I'd rather be known as someone average but at least approachable. Especially my friends." He confessed. Jupiter smiled.

"macte virtute, Flash. Not only have you truly passed the test, but you have also proven me wrong. I have seen, with my own eyes, that you do have control of your anger. I have seen no one establish it as you do." Jupiter bowed in respect, "But even the world and all of life will provide countless unknown situations that will test your anger and your patience more than I did. Allow me to guide you to use that anger without violence, as well as the rest of your friends." Jupiter bowed,

"I..." Flash took another long sigh. "Then I won't apologise for hitting you for speaking out of line. Though I didn't hear the entire story before hitting you, so I really should!"

"Oh, I intentionally hid my story. I deserve it." Jupiter chuckled,

"Still though, to think you'd go through something rough while putting on a smile!" Flash spoke with concern.

"I could say the same for you, you know." Jupiter chuckled and held out his wings. "Anyway, I admire your willingness to keep an open mind and to better yourself. Thus, for completing my challenge, I desire to make a pact with you and your friends."

"And I accept." Flash grabbed it and shook hard, "But before I ask how you can help us, what do you want of us to promise you?"

"For you Flash, though it may apply with everyone, always remember that you are capable of controlling your emotions. If you cage it and let it loose like a beast, then it would be considered a sin, as your Goddess says. And don't let the fear of the unknown hold you back, you have many allies to brave it with. Walk together, and achieve many things. It will lead you far, and it's amusing for me anyways."

"Sounds good to me." Flash chuckled, "In that case, I'd like you to guide us all in return, as you always have."


Next Monday, it was back to school. Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo were hanging out in the hallways before class beings, talking about the weekend that passed.

"Jupiter zapping all those fiends we bypassed is pretty scary but so cool and powerful at the same time!!!" Scootaloo giggled, "You know it may sound weird, but after meeting Jupiter, I'm starting to get a little less scared of thunderstorms now since we've got one on our side!"

"Well Ah'm amazed that you 'ave dragons on ya side in the first place! Even scarier learnin' our very own teacher is one as well. And ain't the both of 'em part of this Greatwyrm group or somethin'? They must be big stuff!" Applebloom shared.

"Oh, they sure are!" Sweetie beamed, fiddling with her blue pactstone-adorned Alice band "And now we've made pacts with three of them! Only two remain - The Shadowyrm and the Windwyrm. Honestly, I'm a bit bummed that Midgardsomr still has to test us even though we fought alongside each other once."

"Don't worry! All of you swept through them as if they were nothing! Two more challenges shouldn't be that hard!" Scootaloo encouraged,

"Hmm???" Another girl their age butted in, "Now what are the three losers without cutie marks talking about?"

"Oh. Diamond." The crusaders turned to face the Diamond Tiara-adorned girl.

"If you must know..." Sweetie Belle frowned, "We're talking about dragons."

"Dragons?" Diamond scoffed, "Dragons! Holding some discussion about a non-existent creature? Is that crazy or what, Silver!?" She turned to her bespectacled sidekick, Silver Spoon, who nodded and giggled in response. The crusaders groaned.

"Hmph, that goes to show how close-minded you are." Scootaloo scoffed, "Just because there hasn't been any sighting, doesn't mean they don't exist! You should explore a bit, be adventurous!"

"Oh My Goddess..." Silver stopped smiling. "How old are you girls again? Or are you just... crazy? Yeah, I think I'd go with crazy!!!" And the two laugh in response.

"You know..." A spiky-haired teenager butted in. "Crazy they may be, that's not a bad thing at all."

"Wha- Flash!!!" Scootaloo jumped, "Whose side are you on!?!?"

"But the three of them do have a point." Flash turned to the terrible duo while munching on a ring-shaped cookie with very smooth icing. "A little exploration never hurt anybody. Who knows? Dragons can come in many shapes or forms. Heck, they're even powerful enough to take on a human disguise! You may find one living next door!"

"Hey!" Silver Spoon moaned, "Who asked for your opinion?"

"And why are you eating Extravaganza Rings?" Diamond added, changing the subject. "No one has those biscuits but me!!! In fact, they're only available for the coolest and elegant of people!"

"Is that what they say?" Flash pulled out another ring. "That's a very nice compliment for everyone! I found packs of it at the supermarket. Thought I'd like to try something new."

"Wha-!?" Diamond went pale. "You're lying!"

"I wouldn't lie." Flash shook his head, "Anyway, all of us in this school has seen and experienced magic, something that a lot of people wouldn't believe. What makes you think the existence of a dragon wouldn't be so farfetched?"

"Unless it pops out from those cracks back in the Friendship Games, I don't believe it." Diamond puffed.

"Fair enough, you have a point yourself." Flash shrugged, "But even so, just because you have a more believable opinion or even a fact, it doesn't mean you must mock others over it. For one, it doesn't get you a lot of friends, and two, the people you mock will hold it against you. Take for example me..." And suddenly, Flash furrowed his brows, bared his teeth, and stared straight into the eyes of the two girls.

"... because they're still my friends." He growled in a frightening tone. "And if you so ever make them cry..." He held the biscuit in front of his face and snapped it in half with one chomp of his teeth.

"Eep!" Went the two girls as he slowly and menacingly munched the biscuit into pieces.

"You know..." Flash continued in his stern tone, "These are very tasty. The quality does match its price, though I personally think it's still a bit expensive."

"Down, boy," Scootaloo smirked, nudging Flash. "It's just a mere attempt of trying to be superior. Pretty weak ones, too."

"Woof!" Flash barked and panted, changing back to his goofy self.

"Guh!" Diamond spat, "He's just as crazy as you are!!!"

"You flatter me." Flash laughed, "But remember. Only IF you make them cry, or hurt them very badly."

"Hmph!" Diamond pouted, "We would never go that low!"

"Then you're awesome!" Flash gave a smile and two thumbs up.

"You're definitely taking Mr Jupiter's initial advice about expressing anger!" Sweetie chuckled.

"Sure you still don't have anything against him?" Applebloom asked.

"What happened with him is pretty much the same story to a lot of other well-known celebrities or workers in news, or court cases that Dad worked into bedtime stories. The main difference is that Jupiter's a dragon, which brings the mentality that inferior beings who look up to bigger beings would always think they are perfect. One little stumble or 'wrong' choice, and all faith is lost." Flash explained. "He means extremely well, and I understand that."

"Hey!!!" Silver Spoon exclaimed, "Isn't that-!?"

Entering the school was a teenage girl that no one could ever fathom returning to CHS once again. The brave girls who stood against her months ago now walked alongside her showing no sense of hostility or reluctance, and yet everyone could tell that they were not in the least bit hypnotised. The entire cohort, every student and staff member present, fell silent in fear as they could look at no one but the girl that put them under her spell months ago - Adagio Dazzle.

"Now that I think back on it. Jupiter is nothing compared to this challenge." Flash broke the silence. "This is going to be rough."

The Lightwyrm's Provocation & Conquering Wrath

The End

Next Chapter: An unwelcome return

Author's Note:

While this chapter seems rather small for a close, I decided to break it in half so you guys won't have to endlessly scroll down (and why it's rather quick to publish). Sorry about that. Here, have some more Dragalia Lost x MLP: FIM: EQG pictures I've commissioned from nikyuuchan as an apology.