• Published 16th Apr 2019
  • 537 Views, 37 Comments

Iota Force Issue #2: A Hair Out of Place - The Iguana Man



Iota Force, Ponyville's youngest crime-fighting team, must face weaponized hair, superhero science and inter-fandom rivalries as they battle a foe who is, quite literally, straight out of a comic book.

  • ...
1
 37
 537

Next Time on Iota Force...

“A very nasty encounter.” The young colt said to himself, waving a hoof over the scrying globe to shut it off. “Lucky I found it. After all, a defeated villain, a hurt friend and a new member – I think it's time Iota force and I had another little... sparring match.”

Trotting over to a small filing cabinet, the colt pulled the middle drawer open and started riffling through the folders within.

“Let's see... P... Ponyville, Pony... Ah hah! Ponyville!” He cried as he pulled out one of the thinner folders. He trotted back to his desk and threw the folder onto it, opened it and spread out the papers within. On each one was the details of a specific place in Ponyville – what it was for, what it contained and what security it had in place.

The colt hummed to himself as he looked over the papers. “Of course, I forgot just how little of note there is in that town. Very little corporate, noble or industrial presence. No major museums or galleries, too close to Canterlot for most to bother. The bank's always a possibility but I did that last time. Wouldn't want them to think I'm falling into a rut, now would I? Oh dear.”

He paused in his musings. “It's a lovely town, to be sure, but not much there for a young criminal mastermind to really sink his teeth into.” He sighed. “I'd have thought they'd have something... Wait, of COURSE!”

Seized with inspiration, he shifted a few papers to find a specific one. Once he found it, he scanned over it, his smile widening.

“Yes, that could work. Of course, I'll have to wait until they have… but that shouldn't take long. Yes, this should be most exhilarating.”

He grabbed a loose piece of blank parchment and started sketching, his mind already drafting his first message.

Dear Iota Force,

I have a puzzle for you...

Comments ( 6 )

Riddler, or Puzzler that one time, is probably my favorite Batman villain. So I am especially looking forward to your next story.
And am still available as an editor.

Excellent climax and denouement, with a most intriguing teaser for the next issue. Eagerly looking forward to it.

And finally, an excellent teaser for the next installment! I look forward to seeing what will come next with Iota Force. :pinkiehappy:

9732791
Oh sorry I didn't even notice, it took me several times to figure out what that part said and it completely distracted me. I guess I wouldn't really consider all that exactly unnecessary to get what you want to say across.

9733599

That's fine - there are probably a lot of ponies who'd find her equally hard to understand when she talks like that. That's the trouble when your mouth stuggles to keep up with your mind.:pinkiehappy:

(Actually, given that last statement, that emoticon is very appropriate)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the story enough to get past her little quirks.

9733619
Hopefully, it is only the first chapter after all.

Login or register to comment