• Published 9th Apr 2019
  • 604 Views, 36 Comments

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - cheerful9



The ponies and Spike meet a special girl and help her to rescue her prince.

  • ...
1
 36
 604

A Mysterious Book

It is a bright and cheerful morning in Ponyville as ponies go around doing their daily business.

At Twilight's castle, the Princess of Friendship herself was in the library as she was going through her books and organizing them. Her faithful assistant, Spike, was helping out as well as he gave her each book for her to shelve.

"Here ya go, Twilight," Spike said,handing her the last book. "The last one."

Taking the book from the dragon, Twilight replied, "Thanks, Spike."

She placed the book in the shelf and turned to her number one assistant. "Well, now that we got all the books shelved away and organized, it's all good and ready for the girls to come over and we can have our reading time." Twilight said with confidence.

Spike nodded. "Yeah! I'm looking forward to this."

As they left the library, neither of them saw a bright light glowing on one of the shelves among the books.


Later on, the ponies and Spike were in the library as each one had brought a book. Each pony was holding their own book.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Pinkie Pie said as she smiled eagerly. "I've been waiting for this for, like, ever! I've been wanting to read the newest book I got when we planned for this."

"You bet!" Rainbow Dash said. "I was tempted to read the new Daring Do book I got, but I decided to hold it off until we got together. I can't wait!"

"Alright, everypony," Twilight said. "Let me just get a book for me to read and we'll start."

Just then, Fluttershy noticed one of the shelves glowing. "Um, Twilight," she said before pointing a hoof at the shelf. "One of your shelves is glowing."

"What?" The alicorn turned her head and saw that shelf was indeed glowing. Getting up, she approached the shelf.

"Careful, Twilight." Applejack said. "There's no telling what might happen."

Twilight slowly lifts a hoof towards the shelf where the light was shining as her friends watched nervously.

"Careful, Twilight," Pinkie said as Twilight's hoof inched closer and closer to the light. "Careful, Twilight. Careful, Twilight. Twilight, careful. Careful, Twilight. Careful, Twilight! Careful, Twilight!"

Her face became even more nervous as she yelled, "Careful, Twilight!!!!"

Twilight, now holding a book in her hooves where the light had come from and it was now gone, just looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Pinkie, the light's already gone."

The pink earth pony looked at her friend for a moment when she said that. "Oh."

"What was that light?" Rarity asked.

Twilight walked to her friends, carrying the book with her magic. "I don't know. When I got closer, the light faded away and I found this book in its place."

"A book?" Rainbow Dash said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. That's all that I found."

"That was a rip off," Spike said in annoyance.

"Well, at least we now know it wasn't something dangerous or scary," Fluttershy said.

Rarity nodded in agreement with her friend. "Quite right. Since we don't have anything else to worry about, how about we get back to our reading."

She turned to the alicorn, waiting for her friend to reply. Twilight, however, looked at the book. It was a purple book. On the cover was a music note that was all blue. Her friends look at her in confusion, wondering what she was doing.

"Twilight?" Applejack asked. "Are you okay, sugarcube?"

After looking at the cover, Twilight turned her attention to her friends. "Guys. I've just figured which book we should start with."

"Which one?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Is it my story?"

"Actually," Twilight said as she approached the table with the book that she found before placing it on the table. "We'll start with the book that I found."

Her friends looked at her in surprise.

"That one?"Rainbow Dash asked. "But we don't know what this story is about or what is has."

"I don't know," Fluttershy said. "I don't mind listening to this one."

"Yeah," Spike said. "Maybe it might be exciting."

"Please, Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie Pie said, giving the blue pegasus the puppy-dog eyes.

Not able to take it anymore, Rainbow Dash groans. "Okay! Okay! We'll do this one! Just stop doing that!"

Pinkie Pie stopped using the puppy-dog eyes and smiled. "Yippee! Let's get started!"

She sat down and the others sat down as well, waiting to listen to the story.

Twilight opens the book.

After reading the title, Twilight began to read the story.

A long time ago, in a little village called Orange nestled in Marl's Kingdom...
There lived a girl with her grandfather...
Her name was Cornet and this is her story...

Cornet had a mysterious friend...
A puppet with the heart and soul of a person...
Her name was Kururu...

People in Orange thought Cornet a little odd because she went everywhere with
Kururu...
But everyone in Orange loved the bright smiles that Cornet and Kururu always
carried with them...

Everyday, Cornet would take a walk in the woods with Kururu...

But little does Cornet know that today will be different...

This is where our story begins..

"Cornet. What a pretty name." Fluttershy said. "I wonder what she looks like."

"Yeah? And who is Kururu?" Spike asked.

All of a sudden, a bright light began to shine from the book and appeared in the room. The ponies and baby dragon watched as music suddenly began playing out of nowhere.

When the song came to an end, the image vanished. It was all quiet for a moment before Rainbow Dash finally spoke.

"What just happened?" she asked.

Twilight took a closer look at the book and inspected it. "I don't know. But I think we better-" she began to say before the book let out a bright light and began sucking her in.

"HEY! WHAT'S HAPPENING?" she said as she was being pulled in.

"Twilight!" Spike yelled before he quickly grabbed her and tried pulling her out, only to be sucked in as well.

Thinking fast, Rainbow Dash rushed over and tried pulling her friends out, but was sucked in as well. Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity tried to pull their friends out as well, but were sucked in too. Pinkie was the last one as she skipped merrily towards the book and jumped into it as she went "Wheeee!!!!!"

Once they were sucked in, the book closed its cover. Inside the book, Twilight and her friends found themselves flying through a vortex. The vortex went faster until a bright light shined in front of them.


Twilight finds herself laying on the ground in what looked like to be a forest. She looks around and sees all of her friends unconscious and felt herself becoming unconscious as well. As she began to close her eyes, she saw two figures approaching her before her world went completely black.

Author's Note:

That's the end of the first chapter and the beginning of a new adventure for our heroes. Where have they ended up and who were those two figures that Twilight saw before passing out? Find out in the next chapter!

Post and comment.

Comments ( 36 )

Given the game has some corny songs and the show has corny friendship... it’s a perfect match! Do your best and don’t take my comment too serious please.

Interesting. Never heard of this game before. But I'll give it a read.

9556637
Thanks! I love hearing the songs from that video game. Looking forward to seeing some comments from you.

9556640
Thanks! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'll send you a link to the Wikipedia about it so that way you can learn about it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhapsody:_A_Musical_Adventure

So right off the bat we get a scenario that almost gives the feeling of 'The Disney Chronicles', only instead of a sleepover the girls (And Spike) are apparently hosting a book club kind of gathering, reading a book, discussing the material, the usual stuff. And somewhere down the line, one of Twilight's books (Whom I didn't think she knew she even had) is suddenly glowing, drawing them to a story they are only just hearing about, and much like a Season episode AND the start of the 'Disney Chronicles' end up sucked into the story where the action is about to kick off. Now granted, I have never heard of this 'Rhapsody' game before so it's going to be completely new for me.

For a first chapter... There's that familiar feel to it that makes it difficult to come off as anything 'new' or 'different'. But I do want to see what this story can pull off.

9556653
Thanks! I wanted to have something different instead of making it similar to "The Disney Chronicles".

9556657
Well I did point out the similarities with 'The Disney Chronicles' (The transportation through the book among things) but I'm hoping from here on at least this story tries it's best to be different.

9556666
It will. It's a video game

Hmmm.....cute and catchy song....introducing the romantic heroine, Cornet, and her puppet sidekick, Kururu.

9556647
No. That won't be necessary right now. I'd like to experience the story first, as if it was my first time, so no spoilers necessary.

9556678
Okay. I understand. You can also watch it on youtube if you want.

9556676
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

9556681
I'll keep that in mind. But seriously though, keep up the good work.

Oh no...when the bad guy is this happy, it always, always means one thing...BAD GUY SONG!

Dun dun dun DAAAAAAAAAAAAH~

What’s the word on the next chapter?

10080195
I'm working on it. I've been busy with other things.Hope you understand.

10080393
Of course. Just wanted to ask.

Take your time. No hurry.

It's good! :heart:
I sang the song, you know! :pinkiehappy:

I say. This is good👍

The song is quite catchy.

I remember playing this game before, though it's been a while.

should be interesting. I never played the game myself personally, though I could easily pick it up on PSN. I honestly never touched much of Nippon Ichi's games save for a little of the first Disgaea. Also, if this was in the same game cave as in the game quest fics, I could imagine a PS1 startup theme as they enter.

That was a classic Spongebob reference.

10882909
I know, I thought it would be a great idea to add that in.

10882942
Bonus points for the classic.

10882943
Be sure to read my other story as well.

10882967
But again, no promises it'll make the cut.

Will this continue someday?

Login or register to comment