• ...
7
 71
 1,656

The end

A plague of madness: part 6

Last chapter: “Thank you for that, it was getting pretty annoying.” She thanks ‘Tia before walk towards her slowly. ‘Tia starts to concentrate magic on her horn as she begins to feed magic into the mind of Rarity. She stops approaching as she feels the magic going through her mind. Soon ‘Tia finds the madness but something isn’t right, it feels more intense than before in Treacle. She begins to see images of the darkness with the fires around her and the glowing eyes.

A quite voice then calls to her, “Join us.”

<Mech facility>

Kieron is half-inside a machine in the place where Mathis’ core was once at, he finishes connecting some wire and a whirring noise starts up, he pulls himself out as the noise quickly gets higher pitched before becoming silent, “Boot-up sequence finished. Download sequence finished. All system operating at full capacity. Hello Kieron.” A female computer voice calls out to him. He backs up slightly as he looks at the machine as he gets a sense of achievement building it.

“Hello to you too.” He replies, a holographic image of a woman appears behind him and walks up to him, he turns to see it close to him, “You have all the same capabilities as Mathis?” he asks, it knods as it brings up an image of a table with all the records that Mathis had taken in the past, “Good, so you now are as powerful as him, damn him for leaving. Now, what to call you.......Veronica?” he asks it.

“That is a nice name, yes, I shall accept that name. Veronica.......I like that.” She responds before turning to walk down the corridor whilst fading away. He then closes the bulkhead door to seal her core away in its own separate room, walks off to the main room and sees on the screen that it has gone blank.

“Luna must have dropped her armour somewhere, I have no visuals. Veronica, time to go to work already, where is Luna?” he questions. The screen lights up as scanning codes and tables quickly fly across the screen, they soon stop to show a map of Equestria with a red dot flashing rapidly to show where she is.

“I must tell you, Kieron, that isn’t Luna that I am picking up, she isn’t infected. That dot is Mathis, he has created a humanoid mech for himself, and it looks really advanced...and sexy.” She tells him before appearing behind him, “Do you wish for anything else?”

“No, I will see to this myself. Is there anything you want before I go?” he asks her. She thinks for a nanosecond before knodding.

“Yes, I would really like some strawberries; I seem to have a strange feeling, like a craving for them.” She replies before going and sitting in his chair, he looks at her with a confused look.

“Strawberries.........fair enough.” He responds and then makes is way over towards the med-lab where a small kitchen is, opens the fridge and picks up the strawberries, walks back to the main room, places them on the desk and walks out of the facility.

<Ponyville>

Celestia and Rarity are at a stalemate, ‘Tia could easily take on this filly but she doesn’t want to hurt her since it is Twilight’s friend, “Please just stop this now, Rarity, I don’t want to have to hurt you.” She says to the filly that starts to walks slowly towards her.

“Oh it won’t hurt, not one bit, but it will be very pleasurable.” She replies with a sinister grin as she gets even closer, just as she goes to leap at ‘Tia she is pushed back by a magical force. ‘Tia looks back to see Treacle and Twilight walking towards her, Treacle’s horn glowing as she pins Rarity to the ground.

“Now princess, get the madness out of her.” Twilight orders, ‘Tia walks up to the pinned pony and uses her magic to find the magic in Rarity’s mind once more, the glowing eyes return, and the fires, she could almost feel the heat of the fires against her coat as if she was there.

“Yes, longer, keep going, you will soon be mine.” A voice says quietly, she stops using her magic as she breaks her concentration to looks around for the voice; she looks over to Twilight to see the GM sat on her back.

“Get off her, now.” She says to him, Twilight looking around in confusion as she looks for whom ‘Tia is talking to.

“That is such a shame, a little more and you would have been mine.” He replies, ‘Tia then walks over to him as he gets off Twilight, she looks back as she could feel a slight ease of weight when he got off.

“Why are you doing this, you can’t win, we will stop everything you try to do, no matter what you try you can’t...” she stops as she is interrupted by a barrage of railgun rounds firing at the GM, she looks around to see flashes and noises coming from Canterlot, it looks like something on Luna’s balcony, the rounds continue to fire at the GM who starts to avoid them, one hits him and an effect shimmers around him.

“Damn it.” He says to himself. Twilight looks about and sees the GM and jumps in surprise.

“CELESTIA, ITS THE GRAND MASTER, AND HE’S BACK!!” she shouts at the tip of her voice before running behind ‘Tia.
“I know, I could see him before, but he seem to be visible to everypony now.” She replies. She then walks up to the GM and stares at him, he returns a gaze before knodding and disappearing.

“Did he just disappear, what is going on?” Twilight asks, ‘Tia knods to confirm.

“I can’t say really, it was like he was here but yet he wasn’t, he didn’t teleport like he normally would but instead faded away....like a ghost.” She replies before walking over to Rarity, puts a hoof against her chin and kisses her, Twilight shouts in shock, Treacle too.

Soon later she lifts up and licks her lips, Rarity opens her eyes only to look at them all, “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to kiss you princess.” She apologises.

“You don’t need to apologise, young one. It was only a matter of time that it would have happened.” She explains, they all then start to make their way towards Treacle’s house while railgun rounds shower the streets to make the infected ponies scatter from the streets.

As they get close to her house a mech stands at the door, it drops down to the floor as a figure behind it leaves go of it. The figure was bipedal, and dark, even in the light of day. They stop as the figure looks over to them, it suddenly disappears, they all looks about to see where it went.

“Everypony in the house, now.” Celestia says quietly to them all, they all make their way to the house, get inside and close the door, Celestia stays outside and looks at the mech to see a large hole in its side as if a laser blade had stabbed it. She looks about to look for the mysterious figure, suddenly a noise comes from the side of her as it appears and tries to swipe at her, she uses her magic to push it up in the air before slamming it into the ground.

The figure stands up and she can finally get a good view of it, “Kieron, what are you do.....I see, you’re the source of the madness, we have to stop YOU to kill off the madness. So be it.” She says as Kieron takes a step forward only to be showered by missiles from Mathis up on Luna’s balcony.

Celestia then remembers something, she concentrates her magic and her power armour unfolds around her, Kieron stood in the middle of the smoke from the explosion, not even damaged a little, she looks over to him and stares into his eyes, him doing the same to her.

Kieron dashes forwards to swipe as her, she sidesteps to dodge it, he becomes invisible as his cloaking activates, she uses her magic to shake up the ground and causes a layer of dirt to form on the ground, as she looks about she sees some footsteps getting closer to her, she then runs over to it, quickly turns round and kicks Kieron with her hind legs. He flies into the nearest wall, he peels himself out of the dent in the wall and pulls out a sniper rifle, he takes aim of her and fires, and she deflects it with magic and then teleports above him and lands on him causing him to grunt with pain.

“Snap out of the madness Kieron.” She says as he goes to stab her with a laser blade, she puts her hooves on his hands to pin him down. Mathis suddenly teleports next to her and aims his dual railguns at Kieron in case he tries anything. She uses her magic to start going through his mind to find and eliminate the madness, Mathis stood guard watching Kieron.

As ‘Tia goes through his mind she finds many things that disturb her from his past. Luna teleports next to them, Mathis tries to stop her from getting any closer but she insists, she lays down next to them, closes her eyes and uses her magic to aid ‘Tia in ridding the madness from Kieron’s mind since she herself knew what it was like.

They both open their eyes and stand up; Celestia takes her hooves of Kieron as he lays there, his mind battling the last bits of the madness. He opens his eyes and looks around at them all, “Luna...’Tia...what happened, I feel like I have the biggest headache ever.” He says grabbing at his head. ‘Tia chuckles slightly, Mathis looks about to see ponies shaking their head and grabbing at them as the madness leaves them.

“The plague of madness is gone, you’ve done it princesses.” Mathis claims as they help Kieron to the mech facility.

<Over Canterlot>

Above Canterlot a group of clouds move away in a circular pattern as if something was travelling through them. A faint shimmer can only just be noticed, only could be seen if somepony was trying to look for it. The shimmer went on forever, at least three kilometres.

<Bridge of IRIS warship, Fenrir>

The Grand Master is sat in a chair in the middle of the bridge, “We continue to try and take this planet, why? Why is this planet so special for us to waste our time waiting and fighting rather than finding a new one?” he says to himself, a man in clothing walks up to him and replies.

“Because the GI wants us to just watch them, see how they live so that we can study them, hopefully take over and use them as slaves rather than killing them, as we have found out something’s in life are easy, killing them is hard so he wants us to left them go but study them.” He answers.

“Ah, Grand Master 03, I know that but this is trying my patients, Kieron is now back to his normal self and peace has been restored in their land, killing HIM is hard.” He replies, looking up at the man who looks out of the bridge to look at the scenery in front with Ponyville in the distance.

“True, but you created him. He seem stronger than you first thought, he managed to get out of the power of your cane, which is a hard thing to be able to do. This waiting better pay off.” GM 03 says before turning to face him.

“Yes, I know. But what the Grand Inquisitor says goes. We continue to study them, from up here, where they can’t see us...” he says as GM 03 walks out of the bridge, “Take us to over that forest, we will stay there while we observe them.” He orders to the drivers.

The drivers knod and the ship silently begins to move to over the Everfree forest, pushing clouds out of the way as it moves, invisible to sight and any type of detection systems that Mathis and Veronica have.

<Two weeks later>

Kieron and all of the ponies that were once infected are back to normal, the madness has completely gone. Rarity’s house is fixed; Mathis’ has converted Veronica so that she isn’t evil no more but is now a second AI that the ponies can use to help them. Celestia has held a royal ceremony for Kieron to thank him for all of the things he has done for them.

<Canterlot, royal ceremony>

“I hereby proudly present this badge to Kieron Fox, the Overseer of SKULL our once enemy that tried to take our home world. This badge is for the courage and determination he has shown whilst fighting to help save us from complete extinction. Thank you Kieron, you truly are a good person.” Celestia says in her speech before using her magic to lift up the badge and place it on Kieron’s uniform. He then salutes before turning to face the huge gathering of ponies that are watching.

He steps forward and bows to thank all of them for their gratitude, the crowds then all roar with cheer as he salutes to them, three Havoc mechs fly overhead alongside the Wonderbolts, explosions going on in the sky as other Havoc mechs fire missiles into the sky. Celestia then walks up next to him, looks at him, he looks at her.

“Kieron....” she says, he turns to face her, the crowd quieting down slightly, he backs up a little to give her room, she then adds, “You have my thanks.” She then bows her head, the crowd goes wild with cheer as they had never seen since an honour as the Princess bowing to someone else.

Luna then walks up onto the balcony, walks up next to Celestia, faces Kieron and bows, the crowds become unbearably loud as they cheer loudly, and he looks at the crowd and gets a strange feeling from such an honour as this.

“All my life, I went around killing people for pleasure and fun........but nothing, nothing at all makes me happier than this moment right now.” He says as his eyes well up with tears, he then salutes to the crowds as tears begin to roll down his cheeks.

Mathis watches from behind the crowd with Veronica, now in a humanoid mech like his, and knods his head as he sees that Kieron has finally done something right, he then says to himself, “Well done Kieron, you’ve saved this peaceful world from eternal darkness. Well done.”

-|||||-

Writer comments – Thank you everyone who reads this story, I have had such great pleasure writing it but I would have had nothing if it wasn’t for by close friend (Bloodshade), I would like to thank him for his support and ideas that I was given by him. I would also like to thank my other friend (Dr Atom Discharge) for the use of his character in my story. Please visit them and have a look at their stories too.

Again I say, thank you to everyone who has been there to read this, I have left the story here so that people can make their own ending to this story. If anybody wants to make their own story to continue it then please tell me about it so I can read it when done.

P.S my friend's (Bloodshade) story, 'War never changes' is a continuation of this and would be well appreciated if you read that too. Thank you.

P.S.S Here is the link to my alternate ending of this story.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/15212/When-Worlds-Collapse

Thank you and your welcome.

Comments ( 7 )

274232 You can do that, I don't mind. Just tell me what it will be called and I might read it. :twilightsmile:

This was an amazing ending.
It left just enough left unsaid.
Well played.

283504 Thank you....If you wish to do a continuation then do so....
Again, thank you. :twilightsmile:

290649 I'll pass on that. I'm already working on a fic. Chapter one is up, in case you're interested.

374721 I feel so tired now after reading all of that, so much to read. :applejackconfused:
Thank you though, that must be the first positive criticism I have had for this story.

377537

Keep up with your writing! If you stick with it, you'll get more fabulous over time. :coolphoto:

-BGB

Login or register to comment