• ...
7
 71
 1,656

Ragnarok: part 3

Ragnarok: part 3

Last chapter: The trio then finish off the last mech as Reaper and Hades both stab it with all the blades they have before letting it drop to the ground in a heap of metal. They then walk up beside Ambush who is stood facing the crashed ship, “Yes, we have finally brought down their ships, one completely destroyed, and the other downed. We shall go and finish off any survivors. For now we have won...that is until he returns.” Kieron comments to the other two. They then begin to make their way over to the downed ship.

As the trio make their way over towards the downed ship some panels can be seen moving as an engineer mech stumbles out with a few soldiers. Kieron takes aim of them with his railgun, just as he goes to fire a soldier spots them and puts up his hands to surrender, the other soldiers then follow with the mech stood behind them doing the same.
The trio makes their way over to them, lowers their guns and then Ambush’s looks down at the soldiers, “You surrender? SKULL forces never surrender...” he comments as one of the soldiers grabs at the back of his head, “Oh that’s why; your loyalty chips have been corrupted, you are now free to make your own choices...” he says to himself as he realises, “So what will it be? Die here and now or join me and help protect this planet from the Grand Master?” he asks them.

The soldiers look at each other to think about it before one walks forward, looks up at Ambush and kneels down to salute to him, the others then do the same, the mech raising a hand to its head to salute, “We follow you now Overseer. He will fight to the death for you.” One soldier comments as they all rise up.

“Good, now have any of you got mech training?” he questions them. The mechs raises a hand as one of the soldiers puts his hand up, “In that case, you two head for the facility and go the mech hanger and get into a mech. The rest of you go the facility and get Mathis to create some power armour for you, I can’t have my forces dying easily.” He replies to their answers. They then all make their way over to the mech facility as the trio continue towards the ship.

They soon reach it; the ship is in ruins, flames burning everywhere and still small explosions going on in places. Some soldiers and workers can be seen at the far end of the ship running out of it screaming whilst on fire before stopping and falling to the ground, Kieron stares as he gets a sudden sad feeling that this was all caused by him, he killed all of these people, “I...I really am the bane of death. Everyone around me just dies. I’ve killed all of these people...” he says as tears begin to well up in his eyes. Reaper puts a hand on Ambush’s shoulder.

“There, there Kieron. You may have been made for death and destruction but deep down I know that you are great guy. Really, you are a nice person, it just so happens that when it comes to war you are very good at killing people.”
Moonshine tries to reassure him. Hades taps reaper on the back as Atom adds.

“That isn’t helping Moonshine. How about we just go inside and see who we can find.” The core to Ambush opens as Kieron jumps out and lands on the floor with his power armour folded round him.

“No, you two stay here and keep guard, I’ll go in alone.” Kieron replies not allowing them to go in with him.

“No you won’t, sir. We’ll go with you!” a voice from behind Hades calls out, he turns to see two of the recruits running up to him. When they reach him they stop to get their breath before saluting and ready themselves to go in. Kieron knods in approval as Reaper grabs a panel on the ship and lifts it allowing them to enter the ship.

Once inside Reaper drops the panel causing them to be left in darkness, they activate their lights only to see corpses laid everywhere, some just dead bodies, others with limbs ripped off and others completely done for as their body parts lay all over the places, blood covering the walls with guts splattered everywhere. It looks as though a pack of feral Anthros had been through here, Kieron looks away as he can’t cope with what he has done to so many of his own kind. One of the recruits puts a hoof on his shoulder, “You chose your path Kieron. And I’m sorry that you have to go through this. But this is what war brings...” he tries to help him as Kieron looks at him, and then looks back down at the corpses. He then takes a deep breath, and sighs before finally heading deeper into the ship.

The three of them looking around for any survivors, as one of the recruits looks down a collapsed corridor a shadow swiftly jumps out of his light, he jumps to face towards the corridor, “SIR!, something was over there.” He calls out whilst pointing down the corridor. Kieron walks over to him and look to see nothing, just then another recruit calls out as a shadow darts past, Kieron sharply turns to see a glimpse of the shadow. He instantly recognised the shape of the figure of the shadow.

“Oh, god, he’s savage, he’s really lost the plot. The Grand Master, he’s kept a pack of Anthros on the ship. Those corpses, they WERE ripped apart by them. Keep a look out; Anthros are quick and stealthy, keep close to me. We need to go in further, see if we can get to the engine room and blow the ship up.” He warns them as they back up closer to him, Kieron then looks at a sign to see where to go, the sign points towards the engine room. They all then head in the direction given whilst cautiously looking out for the Anthros.

Outside Moonshine and Atom stay stood guarding the entrance where Kieron entered, “Do you think we should go in?” Moonshine asks Atom who looks over to her and shakes his head.

“No, he told us to stay here. So we stay here.” Atom replies.

<At mech facility>

The five soldiers enter with the mech pilot only to be stopped by Mathis who activates some turrets and orders them to tell him why they’re here, “It’s ok Mathis, we’re on your side. The Overseer told us to get those two to the mech hanger and to tell you to make three suits of power armour for us three.” The soldier explains to him as he lowers the defences and lets them proceed. One soldier stops as the others rush to their allocated places and stares at the screen. He watches to see the Malevolence above a large city; he calls the other back over. When they walk back to him they see a missile launch from the ship.

The missile hits the city and explodes in a small, blue blast that after a short time sucks in on itself, disappears and then explodes outwards largely creating a huge blue blast causing a massive shockwave to erupt from it, pushing the clouds and any other objects away from it as it decimates the city, the explosion begins to spread across the whole city and then outwards across the land. The Malevolence isn’t even bothered by the explosion and shockwave as it launches another missile which hits and does the same thing.

The shockwave from the second missile spreads outwards and catches up to the first shockwave; it then amplifies the first shockwave causing the two to merge and form a superwave that suddenly speeds up and spread across the planet’s surface with incredible speed. It engulfs half of the planet as it makes its way round to Canterlot. The wave then slows down as ‘Tia, Luna and the Mane 6 look towards where the shockwave is coming from as they see the effects of it approaching, trees fly up, rocks shatters and even a train gets caught in it as it flies into the air at high speed before slamming into the ground. They all watch is it gets closer and closer before a blue sheen appears on it and it begins to move backwards as if it were to implode. It speeds up greatly, quickly coming back to the griffon city and sucks in it itself again but this time disappearing for good as it takes the city with it. The city is nowhere to be seen afterwards as the Malevolence starts to move and heads for Canterlot.

<At Canterlot>

“Did you see that?” Twilight calls out as she stares at where the shockwave was.

“Yes, I did, what was it?” Celestia asks unsure of it but gets a sense of fear from it, “Whatever it was, I don’t think it left much behind.”

“What do we do sis? What if it happens again...but....here?” Luna asks scared as she hugs ‘Tia.

“I don’t know but we really need to tell Kieron about it.” She replies. Just then Mathis appears on the TV.

“Princesses are you ok. Did the shockwave reach Canterlot?” he asks quickly.

“Yes, we’re fine, but what was it.” She questions.

“I’m afraid that that was our greatest nightmare. I wasn’t planning on SKULL bringing it with them. That...was a liquid Element X bomb. It’s like an antimatter bomb but if any liquid or solid Element X is on the surface it could have been worse. It detonates all Element X it comes in contact with. He fired two, the shockwaves then interfered with each other to create a larger shockwave which has just engulfed half of the planet. The griffons...I’m afraid are all dead.” He explains as Celestia lowers her head in sorrow. Twilight stood shocked as Fluttershy cowered under the bed, the others sat unsure of what to do next but wait.

<Inside the crashed ship>

Kieron and the recruits arrive at the engine room, but something is wrong, as they walk in there is huge amounts of blood and guts spilled all up the walls and floor. They enter the room only to hear a low growl coming from atop of the generator. An Anthro is crouched down with a human still alive in its grasp; it bites at the torso as the human screams in pain and it tears a large chunk of flesh out of him as blood drips from the chunk and spurting out of the hole in his torso. He screams at the top of his voice as the pain is unbearable. The Anthro spots Kieron and the recruit, drops the human who continues to scream and begins to try and pull himself away from the creature only to fall off the side of the generator into some rotating coils and is ripped apart, his body begin thrown all over the room, even against Kieron and the recruits.

Kieron takes aim of the Anthro as it jumps down, some other Anthros then come in through the ventilation shafts to land next to them, encircling them, “Fresh meat...” one calls out. The ponies shaking slightly as all they hear is growling, Kieron though understands them due to part of him being the feral creature from earlier.

“I understand you...do not attack us, we can help you. I am here to destroy this ship, if you do not allow me to do this then I’m afraid that I can’t help you.” Kieron replies to what seems the leader of the pack stood on top of the generator. He drops his gun as, unfolds the power armour so that he is stood in just his clothing, the recruits unsure of what he is planning and one tells him to put his armour back on.

The leader of the pack then jumps down and walks over to him, “What are you, creature. You aren’t the same as these beings that live on this cage.” It asks him.

“Me? I am one of you...and one of those beings.” He replies. The Anthro growls at him, he then growls back as he feels himself starting to change, but this time it feels different, like he’s in control. The Anthro shows his teeth to intimidate Kieron and growls at him loudly, Kieron then stops growling but only to start changing into the creature from before. The Anthro steps back slightly as it watches him change. After the transformation, Kieron lifts his head and roars at the Anthro loudly, the rest of the pack cower in submission as the leader lowers his head but keep looking at Kieron with his eyes.

“You ARE one of us. You are strong, I like that. You’re stronger than all of us. I am at you command...leader of the pack.” It replies as is kneels down, Kieron then stops growling to looks at it and puts a hand in its shoulder.

“Now, we destroy your cage. Come with us; join us to stop your masters.” Kieron says in a slightly animalistic voice. The Anthro then stands up, the others walk over to the door and allow the recruits to shoot at the generator, this starts the overload and the generator begins to fall apart as they all run towards the entrance where they came in.

They soon reach the entrance as explosions begin to start erupting from the engine room, Reaper turns to face the ship, grabs the panel and they all rush out, Moonshine is surprised to see at least 7 Anthros exit with the recruits but then spots Kieron in his creature state, “Atom, he’s changed, quickly grab him.” She calls out, as Hades goes to grab Kieron he puts up a hand and shakes his head before changing back to normal, this stuns Moonshine and Atom both as they watch him change back with no problems and climb into Ambush. They all then run as fast as they can towards Ponyville to meet up with Zeldax and the others. Mechs still continue to pour out of the mech facility; a total of 43 mechs must be stood waiting for the end to come as they approach them.

The two SKULL pilots stood in front of the rest of the mechs, the three soldiers stood with Zeldax and the guard mechs, the recruits walking towards them with the captured Talons that decided to turn side and help them. Kieron, Moonshine and Atom soon reach them as the Anthros and recruits regroup with the other below. They stand in front of the group of mechs, facing towards where the shockwave came from.

As they stand in wait more mechs join them from the facility.

<In Luna’s room>

They are all sat in her room worrying about what will happen to them apart from ‘Tia who walks over to the balcony to see the crash ship blow up in a huge explosion, throwing earth up into the air and showering Ponyville with pieces of metal and dirt.

As she sits herself down and watches mechs walk over to Ponyville, Luna walks out and sit with her. All of a sudden a low, droning noise can be heard, as the noise intensifies the floor begins to vibrate, it gets closer as the noise grows louder and the floor vibrate violently. They look around in confusion as the others rush out onto the balcony to see what’s going on.

As they look about they see a shadow flow down over Canterlot below them, they then look up to see a massive ship slowly flying overhead towards Ponyville, it must be two kilometres above but is still larger than Canterlot, Ponyville and the Everfree forest put together. The vibrating is so big that some loose bricks on the houses below begin to fall out of the walls, tiles fall off the roofs and ponies stand covering their ears from the low pitched noise as the ship passes over them.

The shadow then soon covers Ponyville, Kieron turns slowly to look up and see the ship passing overhead, it wasn’t heading for Ponyville as it continues past them. It soon reaches the Everfree forest. Kieron and the others watch as it passes them and comes to a stop over the forest. It stops but afterwards does nothing.

Kieron watches waiting for the ship to make a move but instead it does nothing, suddenly a transmission comes through to him, “Look to you left, Kieron.” A voice says to him, he does as it says and looks over to where the shockwave was before to see a few soldiers walking towards them in the darkness with a couple of tanks. As they continue to approach them more soldiers can be seen coming out of the dust that the shockwave created, more and more soldiers come out of the dust as some more tanks emerge from it. The force soon reaching that of a large attack force for attacking bases, as Kieron watches, a mech exits the dust, walking beside more tank and soldiers, soon more mechs leave the dust, 2...3...5....7...12...19...they quickly count up as more and more leave the dust.

He knows this isn’t good as more soldier, mechs and tanks emerge from the dust and approach Ponyville. As more leave the dust, the dust begins to thin as a light can be seen in it, it then is pushed aside as a frigate flies out of the dust and multiple jets fly past it towards Ponyville, soon the dust thins in another spot as another frigate emerges, then again when but above them as a huge gap in the dust is formed and a cruiser class ship slowly flies out.

Kieron’s face sinks as he watches the massive invasion force near them, he though deeply as he knew that he destroyed a frigate and MAC class ship, but yet two frigates and a cruiser was approaching them. The transmission then comes again but with visuals of the Grand Master and was shown on the TV in Luna’s room as well.

“Kieron, princesses and other ponies, you have seen my ships in orbit, you have seen by forces attack you, you have seen my power from the Element X bomb but now...now you see the true power of SKULL in front of you. We WILL take this planet. That city was a great help, thank you...” he comments as ‘Tia looks at the screen confused, “Cloudsdale, is it? I used that city to create my forces, those ships you see, they were created in Cloudsdale. Now, surrender or we will kill you all.” He order as the screen goes black and the transmission ends.

Kieron, Atom, Moonshine and the others watch as the invasion force approaches them and more still emerging from the dust, he then comments, “This is it...the end of the world.”