• Published 29th Nov 2018
  • 2,304 Views, 184 Comments

Vacation - Dustchu



In a tropical paradise filled with undead mutants, there are things that are far scarier than a bunch of shambling monsters.

Comments ( 23 )

If you do a Walking Dead story I would totally support it. Feels like something's telling me that worse is going to have to Liam. The mare all right what's so few stallions you got to protect them

so there's gonna be variants that aren't even from the dead island universe man if things from different universes are appearing maybe stuff from the mlp universe both show and comic alike will start appearing but for a first ark this was done pretty well

“That bad, huh?” Dee clicked his tongue and looked off towards the beach nearby, the crashing waves, and the city that lay beyond it. “We don’t have anything like that here. Our gender ratios are nearly perfectly even. People will kill for no other reason than to just kill. Men, women, children even… it doesn’t matter who you are, or what you are, they’ll even kill over the color of your skin , it’s ridiculous.”

Unit 731

Quite some piece of work you did there. I really hope dinky makes it.

And if I may say, interesting background for Lyra in the last chapter.

Eager to see when you continue, you earned your break. But was surprised by the update

I bet Liam made SURE Sinamoi was outside when it happened.

And what's with more things bleeding through?

And where would Rainbow had gone?

Ok so im absolutely pissed on how you left this... borderline wanting to drop this...

I want to believe a miracle appears and everyone survives, and Rainbow is still alive, but a part of me is dreading at least one of them dies. But I am certain of one thing: Liam will regret not just killing them himself. I thought he was just an asshole, now I see he's also a psychopath. Can't wait for the next arc.

In the meantime, I'm now motivated to complete the game.

Ight so I'm deciding to respond at last.

11339058
I have thought about doing one in the future, but idk.

11339175
Yee, I got some ideas for this that kind of drift from the regular game, so, we'll see some diff things.

11339252
A classic.

11339269
We'll see whatever happens next arc, which will see some changes.

11339505
Liam? He seems like the type, doesn't he?

Bleeding through? Who knows?

As for Rainbow, she could be dead, for all we know :eyes:

11343888
I'm curious, why is that? You have every right to drop the fic, but I'm wondering why this arc ending is enough to have you consider it.

11346441
We'll find out next arc my friend.

9552755
lmao, he should fight, but like 11345418 said, Dee here isn't exactly trained when it comes to fighting, there's not much one can do when your opponent outranks you in several categories, dead or alive.

11346461
of course, keep up the good work

11346461


First let me say that I wasn't bashing you as an author...

What got me pissed was how they did the protagonists wrong and it seemed like all there was... was bad shit happening all the time... I essentially got really into the story to the point that I got attached to them as a reader...

I really am looking forward to the next update

11346461
alright bet lets see whatcha got on the next episode of vacation Z (get it its a dbz reference anddd the z is for zombie) :I wish i was funny:

11346461
Nice try, but you tend to make sure important chars are dead "on camera"

11494928
You are correct, it could be a minor mistake, or perhaps it could be something more, we'll never know now will we?
:ajsmug:

11487248
Either that or just all the ponies turn out to be immune to the virus, as their biology is just different enough that it doesn't really affect them in the same way it does humans (lets say it was a manufactured virus that was engineered specifically for use on and to infect humans).

Or the small amount of magic the ponies do still have in their bodies directly affects the virus negatively (like how kryptonite affects Superman) and keeps it from infecting them; or lastly the remaining magic in their bodies provides a big enough boost to their immune systems that it allows their bodies to effectively fight off them being infected and then kills the virus.

11503333
But some of the ponies on the ship at the beginning had suddenly turned, so not all ponies are immune, but hopefully Dinky is one of the lucky few that are immune.

11504137
Yeah, it's admittedly been a minute since I've read the story from the beginning. So I actually had forgotten about that little fact...😑

11339505
If that psychopath Liam was actually willing to throw Sinamoi to the wolves like that, then I'm also betting he may have had something to do with Rainbow's disappearance as well. As a matter of fact I can almost guarantee that God-Tier asshole had something to do with her pulling a Space Ghost (it's a reference to a cartoon).

11346441
"Hope for the best and expect the worst."
I'm honestly expecting everyone but Dee to die in very horrible ways and turn into Infected, but hoping that all of them manage to make it out alive and poor little Dinky manages to avoid infection and any mutations. Or if she does get infected she at least instead keeps her mind intact and enters into a sort of symbiosis with the virus and any mutations are both minor and are beneficial (increased night vision like Riddick from "Pitch Black" or being able to see body heat like a Predator for example).

I could just tell that something wasn't right with Liam and he was possibly a psychopath, back when Dee's group confronted them at the gas station. Because that guy was way, way too confrontational and willing to get into a fight and resort to violence. Even an asshole knows there is an appropriate time and a place to pick fights with somebody, and that such a situation sure as hell wasn't it.

Or he was just an unpleasant asshole at most before the outbreak and the events after it started and the outbreak itself ended up driving him batshit insane for whatever reason. Then meeting Dee and his merry group of pretty pony girls ended up just making him even worse.

11505248
I know this reference well, I watched it happen many years ago

11505384
I watched it a bit more recently than what you did on the Boomerang channel, where they play classic cartoons like the Flintstones, The Jetsons and such. They were honestly decently made older cartoons and one that I really enjoyed watching on there was Swat Cats.

11505522
They're supposed to be relaunching that one if I heard right.

11505981
Yeah, I have been hearing about that one for a little while myself. Though I am skeptical about either a remake or relaunch of Swat Cats at best, admittedly.

Because some of the remakes and relaunches of older classical shows have just either been overhyped letdowns or outright massive garbage fires.

11494928
Who knows, maybe Bic Mac just told Vinyl he was incredibly gay because he wasn't interested in her or he acted like it generally and he actually was secretly straight and wasn't really gay. With him only doing that so he didn't constantly have mares breathing down his neck and trying to jump his bones, so he could live a halfway worry free life.

I mean, what better way to keep legions of horny and sexually aggressive RGRE type mares away from you in a world like that where guys are a scarcity, so you can actually breathe and not have to be constantly looking over your shoulder to avoid being ganged up on. Than for you to make them all believe that you simply aren't a potential option for any of them, because you act like you are attracted to men instead of women and they end up leaving you alone because of it.

Then you only tell the truth and come out as you actually being straight, to the few mares who you are truly interested in being with. Then by the time word does get out to all the other mares you were straight all along and was only playing at being gay to ward them all off, it's way too late and you are already spoken for. It's honestly a pretty ingenius strategy you could use to deal with such an unusual situation actually.

Login or register to comment