• Published 4th Nov 2018
  • 1,857 Views, 45 Comments

The Pony In The Inkwell - LibraryNexus



Bendy raises Pinkie Pie in the depths of Joey Drew Studios.

  • ...
1
 45
 1,857

Idea 9: A Wandering Mechanic And A Missing Half

As the ink stilled, Pinkie Pie looked around. She was still standing where the Memory had set her down. It appeared to be a cave, with a closed door and a metal fence thingie covering an alcove. There wasn’t a handle, but there was a hole in the wire that she could probably slip through.

One tight squeeze later, and she was through. There wasn’t a door on the other side, but there was a vent. Pulling it off, Pinkie slipped into the ventilation system.

When the sounds caused by the pink pony had faded away, the closed door let out a hiss and opened, revealing the duo that had hidden behind it. “What was that, Tom?” the shorter of the pair asked.

Tom shrugged.


Pinkie Pie kicked open a grate at the end of the vent and jumped down to the floor. She was standing in at a T-intersection, with a Bendy cutout leaning against the wall. To the right, was what Susie had called a ‘Ink Maker.’ Beyond that, the floor was missing, with several boards precariously balanced across the gaps. ↅ RETREADING OLD AND NEW GROUND

A set of footprints led down the left hallway. Pinkie Pie followed them until she came across a figure facing away from her.

It looked like Bendy, but not in the way the other Not-Bendy had looked like. While the other one had been horrifying, this one just looked incomplete. Its body was composed mostly of gray tubes, with black shoes on its feet. It also had a white right hand with a black left arm and hand. ↅ SHE MOVED

It was kneeling in front of a panel that had been pulled off and was poking at it with a screwdriver. It let out a burst of static and spoke. “Great, I need the other kind,” she said.

Her head turned to look at her black hand. After a few moments, the ink that composed it shifted, becoming like the screwdriver in her other hand, but a bit different. Satisfied with the tool, she turned back to the panel and began tightening something inside of it using her transformed hand.

That was when Pinkie Pie decided to speak up. “Hi there!”

The being jumped up and around, screwdriver arm at ready. Half of its face looked like the Bendy cutouts she had seen around the studio, except for being rounded. The left half of the face was the same metallic gray as the rest of the body, with the mouth being an oval.

“Who’s there?” the Not-Bendy cried, teeth flashing as it spoke. “Show yourself!” She then looked down. “A pony?”

“Hi!” Pinkie said. “I’m Pinkie Pie!”

Not-Bendy let out a spark and straightened up. “Hiya, New Friend!” she said, now sounding like Bendy when she and him had fooled around with the intercom a few days ago. “It’s me, Ben-”

She was cut off by the left hand punching herself in the head. After Not-Bendy had ceased her impression of a bobblehead, she added, “Sorry about that, it happens sometimes. Anyway, I’m Lacie, nice to meet ya.”

“Can you help me find my daddy?” Pinkie asked.

Lacie shrugged. “Probably,” she said. “What floor are they on?”

“I dunno,” Pinkie admitted. “But Mommy’s on Floor 9!”

“Floor 9?” Lacie tapped her chin. “Yeah, I can get ya there, but first we need to get this elevator workin’,” she said, indicating the panel behind her.

“I can help!” Pinkie cried, jumping up and down.

Lacie looked down at her before shrugging. “Oh, why not,” she said. “I could always use a second pair of eyes. Come along,” she said, joints making a slight squeaking noise as she moved. “Everything’s fine with the machine, we just need a dry cell to get it going.”

“Okay!” Pinkie said. “Let’s go!” She started to go down the hallway, before she turned to face Lacie. “What’s a dry cell?”

Lacie chuckled. “They are these little boxes…” she began as she began walking beside the tiny pony.


As it turned out, describing a dry cell was easier than actually finding a functioning one. the ones they did find were stuck in their sockets or were unable to be used.

They did manage to find a tape from Thomas Conner. However, the information on this tape was less than useful to their current situation.

“I’m starting to question the sanity of whoever designed this new machine.

“Not that I wasn’t before, but I have been looking over the blueprints and I have found a few things that are worrying. For example, the pressure has to stay within a range of 15 degrees, or every pipe will burst in the studio if the ink pressure gets two high, or if the pressure gets too low there is a chance that this new machine could collapse into itself. And that is just the most worrying problem.

“Either Hill knows something I don’t, or he’s pulling stuff out of his backside.”

The tape clicked off and Lacie grew concerned. That day when everything happened, she remembered looking over some of the pipes, remembered looking at the gauges, remembered the pressure climbing over fifteen degrees-

She was jolted out of her memories by a large thump and Pinkie Pie pointing and saying, “There’s someone over there!”

“Are ya sure?” Lacie asked.

There was a clank and a can of bacon soup rolled out from around the corner.

“Guess ya were. Hello?”

“Who’s there?” a voice asked. “Stay back! I’ve got a… actually, I don’t know what this is, but I know how to use it!”

Lacie looked down at Pinkie and shouted back, “We aren’t gonna hurt ya, lass!”

A moment of silence. “P-promise?”

Pinkie Pie spoke up before Lacie could. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye we won’t hurt you!”

Lacie felt something at that, like the world reaffirming that Pinkie’s words were genuine.

“I-if you say so,” the voice said, and its owner came around the corner.

Standing in the hallway was what looked like an Alice Angel. However, this one seemed to be in worst shape than Susie. Her dress reached to the floor and seemed to replace her missing legs. Her hands were mismatched, the left one black and inky with four fingers, the right pale and smooth with five. A pale streak was at the top of her body, contrasting sharply with her black dress. She held a strange tool in her right hand that crackled with electricity.

Her face was the worst of it. The right side was a melting mess, the eye running into a smudge that might have been a mouth. Her left eye was a proper Toon eye, but there was a yellow dot in it that moved randomly.

The perfect halo that hung above her head almost seemed to be mocking her.

The angel tottered forward unsteadily on her dress hem, the strange tool held between her and the other two. Slowly she lowered it. “Who are you?” she asked, her jaw moving, but her mouth not opening. “Where are we?” Hesitantly, she added, “Who am I?”

Lacie sighed. “That seems to be the thousand-dollar question around here,” she said. “But the fact that ya seem to be in charge of your mental facilities is some good news in ya favor.”

The melted angel almost collapsed. “Thank goodness,” she said. “You two are the first people I’ve met that haven’t attacked me.”

“Good rule of thumb,” Lacie replied. “If it doesn’t talk, chances are it’s gonna attack ya.”

“Uncle Boris doesn’t talk,” Pinkie Pie added.

Lacie shrugged. “Or they are a Boris. I don’t suppose ya seen a dry cell?”

She hadn’t. Fortunately, her device was able to redirect power to the elevator and get it working again. After making sure the elevator would stay working, the trio got into the cab and Lacie selected the button for Floor 9.

“Gee, I hope that Mommy and Daddy aren’t too worried about me,” Pinkie Pie said as the elevator started going upward.

Comments ( 14 )

Love this, make more!

I love this story I hope you continue this story

nice bro do continue it

10494633
When the Ink Demon was sealed away.

When they will leave.

10494702
The ink creatures see through their cutouts.
Bendy sees through his cutouts.
Susie sees through the Alice Angel cutouts.
The Butcher Gang see through theirs.
The Ink Demon sees through the Wandering Bendy cutouts.

“Good rule of thumb,” Lacie replied. “If it doesn’t talk, chances are it’s gonna attack ya.”

“Uncle Boris doesn’t talk,” Pinkie Pie added.

Lacie shrugged. “Or they are a Boris. I don’t suppose ya seen a dry cell?”

Lol! I love how the exception are Boris and his copies.

10618398
Just don't go down to Level 414.

This is a story worthy of being in the PWNY verse. Please continue it.:trollestia:

I really want more of this it is super fun and I am sad I can’t get more

when will you update it im going:pinkiecrazy::heart:

this is a really cool story I love BATIM fics on this site

will this be continued? I love it so much.

hay update this story we all want too see more chapters soon don't let it die out:heart:

Login or register to comment