• Published 4th Nov 2018
  • 1,857 Views, 45 Comments

The Pony In The Inkwell - LibraryNexus



Bendy raises Pinkie Pie in the depths of Joey Drew Studios.

  • ...
1
 45
 1,857

Idea 4: A Band of Brothers

She didn’t think that he would take her up on her offer. She had made the offer out of the blue, but she didn’t think he would agree to it, based off their interactions in the cartoons.

But she found Pinkie Pie sitting outside of her sanctuary one day, waiting for her to open the door.

Susie (Alice!) took the pony in and took care of her the best that she could, drawing upon and adapting years of raising and taking care of younger siblings (She had siblings, a sister and two brothers. How long had it been since she thought of them?). Surprisingly, while she watched over Pinkie Pie, the madness she sometimes suffered from never touched her.

Unfortunately, Pinkie still loved to wander, often leading her and Bendy on long chases through the studio. She was currently chasing after the pink pony, having gone up to the Heavenly Toys floor, looking around for her.

“PINKIE!” she called out. Once again, there was no answer. Sighing, she wrote this floor off and headed back to the elevator.

However, before she made it, her foot hit something. Looking down, she saw another tape recorder lying next to it. Picking it up, she tried to read the name, but it had been badly smudged. Shrugging, she hit the play button. ↅ WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?

Wally’s voice came out of the tape. “So, the gal they got voicing Bendy came down while I was cleaning the machines, leading something on a leash. Dunno what kinda dog it was, but that thing is HUGE! Well, whatever it was, it must have fell into the ink, because it is covered with it.

“I do know one thing. If they expect me to clean up after it, I’m outta here!”

The tape clicked off, leaving Susie (Alice!) confused. She had a dog? That didn’t sound right at all, she was pretty sure that she had been allergic to them (Didn’t wolves count as dogs? Why wasn’t she sneezing around all the Borises?). But a memory began to resurface. She had lead something on a leash, it wasn’t a dog it was-

A sneeze startled her out of her thoughts. “Hello?” Susie asked. “Is there anyone here?”

“Nobody here but us toys.”

This was followed by a ‘SMACK!’ and a whispered “Shut up, Edgar!” Susie looked over to where the voice had come from, seeing three larger shapes slightly moving among the plushies. “I can see you,” she said flatly.

There was silence, then a voice grumbling, “Nice going, Edgar.” Three figures emerged from the pile of stuffed animals.

Susie (Alice!) blinked. “Charley?” she asked. “Barley? Edgar?” ↅ THEM TOO?

It was indeed the three members of the Butcher Gang, now appearing more like they did in the episodes, but still with some imperfections.

Charley’s leaking eye had reformed into a proper toon eye, although the other one was still X-ed out. The plunger that the clones had had been replaced by a more human-like leg, and he now had a human left hand as well. He had also regained his impressive eyebrows and was wearing a suit jacket that appeared to have been fitted for a human.

Barley’s head now resembled his on-model face, but it was still attached to his fishing pole. His left leg and arm were now misshapen, being long and gangly. He was leaning on a crude harpoon twice as tall as he was. The ‘Liar’ sign was also missing.

Edgar was at once both the least changed, and the one most resembling his cartoon self. He had gotten rid of the strap around his waist as well as the stiches keeping his original mouth closed. The metal piece that was connected to his right arms had split, leaving him with two somewhat functional limbs. His right hand had split down the middle, leaving his right hands with two fingers each.

“Eeeyup, that’s us,” Charley said, stepping forward. “Whaddya want?”

“What’s your name?” Edgar chimed in.

“Shut up, Edgar, I’m talking to the dame,” Charley said, whispering loudly out of the corner of his mouth. “So what’s yous doin on our turf?”

Susie (Alice!) barely refrained from putting her hand to her face again. The Butcher Gang was proving to be even more annoying in person. “I’m looking for someone. Her name is Pinkie Pie-”

“Ya mean da pony?” Barley asked. “She fell out of da pipe into our hideout. We’ve been playing wit her since den.”

“Where is she now?” Susie asked.

“FOUND YOU!” Pinkie cried, jumping onto Charley. “Oh, hi, Mommy!”

“Mommy?” Barley and Edgar repeated.

“You don’t look like a mother,” Edgar added, before he was smacked by Barley.

“Shut up, Edgar,” the old pirate said. “Dat mouth of yours is gonna get ye killed someday.”

Edgar crossed his arms and looked at the floor. “Not like we can die permanently here, anyway,” he muttered under his breath.

“So, who’s the father?” Charley asked quickly, trying to pry Pinkie Pie off.

Susie (Alice!) took the pony from him and smiled when the filly hugged her. “It’s Bendy,” she said.

“Bendy!?!” all three of the Butcher Gang repeated.

“Doesn’t he remember Mrs. Rosemary’s baby?” Edgar asked.

Susie rolled her eyes. “That’s what I asked.”

Barley started sniggering. “That’s what she-”

He was cut off by a slap from Edgar surprisingly. “Shut up, Edgar!” he said cheerfully, before realizing what he had just said. “D’oh!”

Charley blinked, then shook his head. “Well, I told yous we get ya back to ya folks,” he said. “Well, here ya go.”

Pinkie Pie jumped out of Susie’s arms and hugged the chimp-like toon. “Thank you, Mister Charley!” she said. “Can we play again soon?”

Charley looked at the other members of the Butcher Gang and shrugged. “Don’t see why not?” he said. “Take care ya hear!”

“Bye!” Edgar and Barley said as they followed Charley back into the depths of the studio.

Susie (Alice!) and Pinkie watched as the trio disappeared into the shadows. “They were nothing like the cartoons,” Pinkie Pie said.

“So did you have fun?” Susie asked.

Pinkie nodded her head quickly. “Yep! But before that, I went exploring!”

“Did you find anything?”

“Just this.” Pinkie Pie reached into her mane and pulled out a tape recorder. The name on this one was Sammy Lawrence. Susie (Alice!) was silent momentarily as she tried to get ahold of herself. While she tried to keep control of her actions, Pinkie hit the play button, allowing a familiar voice to come out.

“To the idiot who ate my cake:

“I know who you are.

“Start running.”

The tape clicked off and Susie couldn’t help herself. She started laughing while Pinkie Pie looked up at her. “I don’t get it,” she said.