• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 15,581 Views, 489 Comments

My Little Pony: Love is Confusing - TheTwientist



The Mane 6 must finds dates for a gala, and come to grips with their feelings in the process.

  • ...
30
 489
 15,581

In Conclusion

Dear Princess Cadance,

My friends and I would like to report our recent findings of love at the gala which you so graciously invited us to.

Rarity and Applejack would like to tell you that love can often be found hiding in the most unlikely of places, and that sometimes it takes a major event for your feelings to come out.

Fluttershy reports that you shouldn't get too carried away by a crush, for the pony you like may not turn out exactly the way you imagined them. However, a crush can sometimes lead into a deeper and more meaningful relationship. Rainbow Dash adds that you shouldn't hide your feelings.

Pinkie is of the scientific opinion that love is "really, really, really super," and that Twilight Sparkle is the cutest pony in Equestria, even if she talks too much and I have to kiss her to make her stop Pinkie stop Spike don't write that down STOP!

I would just like to say that while I don't really appreciate all the manure you put me through, I am very happy with my new girlfriend. Love is so chaotic that it cannot be analyzed, nor forced; you try your best, and if you don't find it, you look somewhere else. With luck, you may truly find happiness.

I'm not mad at you, but don't push it.

Love from your forgiving sister-in-law,
Twilight Sparkle

(And Spike, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy!)


"No luck then, sister?" asked Celestia.

Luna smiled and shook her head.

"I'm not worried, though," said the purple alicorn. "I've still got hundreds of millenia to find a soul mate."

"That's the spirit," said Celestia. "Oh, and would you mind seeing to this stallion? He says he can't find his date, ah, 'romantic consort' anywhere."


Derpy gently tapped the forlorn-looking pony on the shoulder.

"Hey," she said, "I noticed you looked sad. I don't have anypony to talk with. Do you wanna hang out, maybe, and I can cheer you up?"

Sniffling, Trixie turned her head and smiled weakly at the gray pegasus. "That sounds wonderful."

Comments ( 34 )

Well, that's it, then! The story's done. I think I've tied up all the loose ends I'll care to tie up.

I know it wasn't great, but I don't think it was nauseatingly awful, either. Thanks for reading it. Hope you liked it!

Trixie + Derpy? :rainbowhuh: Yay for more random shipping! :yay: Now what shall we call it? :derpyderp1: :trixieshiftright:

Derpy and Trize? That's not one I saw coming.

1375721 Twerpy? Derxie?

That's the last wierd pairing I mentioned was coming, by the way.

1375748 So let's see your random ships from this fic are Twilight+Octavia, Fluttershy+Derpy, Applejack+Fancy Pants, Applejack+Luna, and Derpy+Trixie, that's 5 random ships in one fic that has to be some kind of record! :pinkiegasp:

I liked it. I...

I am happy.

Ah, that's a lovely, wonderful ending to a lovely, wonderful story. Really sweet and happy; Nice to see it turned out pretty great for everyone.

That's all I got.

Luna and Fancy Pants? Derpy and Trixie? Surprisingly, I'm okay with this. Great job, by the way. This was an amazing ending to an amazing story. :yay:

1375748
Personally I like Twerpy. :pinkiesmile: The Twerp and the Derp. :derpytongue2:
The Twinkie part of the letter really fits Pinkie's character well I think. Shipping aside, I can see something like that happening in the show. :twilightsmile:

So sad to see this fic end :fluttershysad:, but everything good must come to a close so the next good thing can shine :twilightsmile:

This reminded me of another thing I hate about mane six shipping: not only is Spike a different age, gender, and species from the six ponies who appear to be a perfectly organized set that doesn't need him to be complete, but with all of them falling in love with one another it strengthens the cynical idea that they're an exclusive club he can't be part of.

And here I am acting like a big mopey-pants in lieu of a happy ending. Go for the tonsils, Sweetie Belle! Go for the tonsils! I was worried for a moment there that Derpy would be left on the sidelines.

1376011 Thanks. I wasn't intending to do a LunaPants (I guess that's what you would call it) ship, I just wanted to give closure to the minor characters.

Cheese. But I do like a bit of cheddar. :coolphoto:

:applejackunsure:I'm not sure if I would approve of the final parings. Good story though.

Oh, and "Spike accidentally left his Swag on; he found himself surrounded by fillies just into their puberty.":moustache:

Bravo for the amazing ending my friend, bravo and DERPY!!!!!!!!! I'm ok with a lot of pairings and why I may not agree with Pinkie/Twilight, I'm ok with it. And I wonder who Spike chose?....oh well.

1377849 you, my good sir, is everything that is good with this fandom.

1382976 What?:rainbowlaugh: I don't understand what you mean my friend, but thank you very much for your kind words.

1383012 in most fandoms when people encounter ships that they are not fond of they go rabid.

1383033 Hmmmm...I can your point, I agree with many pairings but some I am not fond of whatsoever and will be honest about it....for example I despise Spike/Rarity, but I will never hate the people who do like it.

1383380 this conversation has given me hope for fandoms again.:scootangel:

1383395 :rainbowlaugh: Well I'm very glad to inspire your faith in fandoms my friend, I'm hoping if you ever have a chance to give a look at my own stories, they are not as great as this with this amazing author but it's ok:applecry:

Well the story was generally fairly amusing, so the comedy aspect worked pretty well. My favorite chapter was probably the speed-dating one.

However, for the romance element, all three of the main pairings felt forced to some degree. Rarity and Applejack spent most of the story being excessively unfriendly to each other, then suddenly, *BOOM!* they're in love. Flutterdash sprung up from nothing (Dash gives her a reassuring compliment or two, Fluttershy gets an instant crush, then Dash reciprocates after 30 seconds of internal monologue), then they spent half the story basically avoiding each other. At least the Twinkie pairing made a little sense on Pinkie's side anyway, considering all the kissing and such, but I didn't see any reason why Twilight suddenly reciprocated at the end.

Plus I get slightly annoyed running into Flutterdash everywhere, so I was really hoping it wouldn't go there. It's just a bad pairing in general, the one ship that I dislike, because they would work horribly as a couple. I mean, it's your story, so put them together if you want, but I've yet to see anyone make that ship float for me. The other two pairings are fine in general (I'm even a little bit fond of Jackity), but it still didn't seem like there was enough real substantiation for any of the Mane-Six pairings in this story. The Spike x CMC bit at the end was cute, though, and I was even kinda hoping something silly like that might happen. Spike had it pretty rough for just about the whole fic, so he deserved some love by the end.

So yeah, the comedy was definitely the stronger element of the story.

1384348 yeah, I kinda agree. I'll be working on my romance writing, trying to bring up the quality level. And while I personally like Flutterdash, I'll be experimenting with just about every pairing of the main characters, so the ones in this story aren't my OTPs.

1386570

I don't really have any OTPs myself, but is there such a thing as a One False Pair? Anyway, I do like Spikity (Although, I get the feeling you might be of the "Spike's too young for the Mane Six" opinion) and Pinkieshy (even though I don't think I've ever actually seen a story with that couple, for whatever reason), but I can be happy with just about any pairing presented, as long as writers make it make sense. I'd kinda like to see a ZecoraShy story some time, in fact.

Flutterdash, however...I've just always felt it would turn out like Dragonshy all the time, with Dash frequently frustrated by Fluttershy's slow pace and timid attitude, and in turn Dash's tendency toward blunt criticism and impatience making 'Shy feel bad about herself. It's the only pairing where I think they would actually be bad for each other if they tried to be romantic, although obviously not everyone sees it that way. Different perspectives are good and all, but I never understood why it seems to be such a popular pairing.

1386900

probably because they were the only friends before mare in the moon and if dash could handle a turtle then she could probably be patient enough for fluttershy

1518614 This is not madness,!

THIS! IS!

-no wait, yeah, this is madness. Just wait it out. It's a weird story.

Oh wow...

So, ALL characters ended up getting shipped to somepony, and NONE of them were shipped with whom they originally wanted to be shipped.

And add to that the number of times I literally lol'led while reading this, and you've got yourself a 5-star rating!

Brohoof sir. Brohoof to you. That's all I will say.

WHY NO delight shipping ?!
very funny story ! thanks for the lols:twilightsmile:

I was a fan of this one, but it kinda felt lackluster during the last 5 or so chapters. I'm not sure why either, it just did. Regardless, I did enjoy this one most of the way through.

1905439 Well, it's supposed to be Lyra, since her infamous sitting upright pose has led to theories about her obsession with humans (in this case, she's somehow connected to the human dimension, and "what is love?" activates her).

TrixDerp is a ship that needs more love. :derpytongue2:
Silly fic by the way.:twilightsmile:
I actually want to see a picture of Trixie kicking Pinkie in the face now. :pinkiegasp:

This is a completely amazing story

Login or register to comment