• Published 20th Aug 2018
  • 2,289 Views, 56 Comments

Forever - Hoax1337



Ruler... forever. Young... forever. Hated... forever?

  • ...
7
 56
 2,289

The package.

It has been three days since my... rough encounter with Celestia. Her reaction to the situation has left me thinking through long stretches of time in the office, and it has only resulted in more questions. Would she try to extort me about what she learned, or I was going to have peace at last? What did she thanked me for? That was only part of my doubts, and I could not simply shake it off. Simply thinking about the possibility of peace...

It...

It was very strong, the happiness that I felt that night when I contemplated the possibility of peace. It could only be contrasted with... something. Something I would rather not bring up now.

...

Instead of focusing too much on my past I kept going with my constantly changing political agenda, courtesy of some ridiculous requests, such as the opposition wanting to ban fishing right on fishing season. How do they expect fishers to have an income to sustain themselves? All the species that are in danger of extinction are already protected, and the ones that are commonly fished are far from that category. Smells more like an attempt to cause internal problems, so I simply negated their request, and pretended to be oblivious to them, but I increased surveillance near to possible opposition headquarters. I might be acting a bit paranoid, but my own experience from other runs told me that is better to play safe and look for suspicious activities. People can get very creative when power is in the mix.

This day would mark two weeks since the day I assumed control of the country... again, and I was already thinking of the possibility of having some free days on some weekends, since when I am not taking important decisions I was either approving some minor documents or looking at the country's balance for suspicious money withdrawals. I was still in a delicate situation with money and losses were a no-no. As soon as the state arks had a proper amount then I could consider some rest from my unwanted job.

This day was slow, as the usually full inbox of short documents had now less, but more lengthy ones, and time is usually like that when you don't feel that you are actually progressing on your work. But at least the monotony was interrupted by the abrupt entrance of Carmen.

"Alex, they found it!" She excitedly announced.

'Wuh... what?" I managed to ask after her sudden appearance.

"The package! They found it near to the place where the president was captured. Sorry If I didn't knock, But I thought that this was more important. After all, this is not an ordinary object we are talking about."

Ah. That hellish device. Something capable of extinction. Good thing it was captured.

"Well, then I need to wait for the arrival..."

"It's already here. Sarah is waiting with it outside".

I could only look at her with wide eyes, a bit annoyed by the fact that they did not notify me before, but then I simply shrugged. It was found and it was the only thing that mattered at the moment. "Okay, let her in".

Some seconds later the door opened and the general entered the office. As she did I could see some concern on her face as she took a look at the impacts of the magical bolts from the princess. They were barely distinguishable from a wood knot, and thus it blended with the wooden furniture where it landed, unless you decided to inspect it closely. At least the window was already fixed the next day after the incident.

She was about to salute but I stopped her. "Please Sarah, drop the formalities while in private. We are friends after all."

"Oh, okay. Thought that the importance of the situation required it." She explained more relaxed.

"Still, I'm talking about protocol only. Not having to salute does not mean we cannot talk seriously about... that" I warned as I pointed my hand to the briefcase on her right hand.

"Shall I open it?"

"I think so. That was a reason for recovering it, isn't it?" And we both shared a chuckle at the obviousness of the question.

Then she proceeded to place the briefcase over the desk, And I was able to take a closer look at the design. It was silverish, and not as slender as a regular one. I knew that it was heavy, as sometimes I used to carry it myself. Then, the two locks were opened to reveal the contents of the briefcase. The lifted side simply had a black screen, but the resting side had a keyboard, a phone, a mouse-pad and most importantly, a small red button covered by a transparent lid.

"Were the biscuits also recovered?" Without them it was impossible to use.

"Unfortunately no, but still, I think it's useless. They are always randomly generated everyday, but" She took out a pair of orange cards, "We already figured out how to generate more of them. Here is the first one." And she handed me one of the cards. "Yours have both valid and non-valid codes written on it, while mine has all the correct ones, for verification. Today's codes are 2, 6 and 11" She explained. I had almost forgotten the codes were daily.

"Also, the batch will be cooked at nine in the morning by an angel." I simply nodded, as I understood what it meant.

"So now we only have to think of some counter strike strategies to input on the package" I concluded.

"That's right, although some of the pre set ones are quite good already" She adviced as she turned on the screen.

I could see how some white letters appeared on the already black screen, and after it ended loading I was greeted by a menu that contained options such as 'map', 'DEFCON level' and different attack options.

"It will take some weeks to come up with new plans as they are not top priority, but still..." I could hear her sighing. "May I be honest with you, Alex?"

I nodded.

"Even if having all this power causes me to have certain thrill... I hope we do not have to use it, Alex. We already know what a single one can cause, I don't want to imagine what would happen if we use all the arsenal" She confessed, looking at the floor while sustaining herself with her hands on the desk.

I could only think of a specific run In that moment, and how stupid I was.

"Alex, are you okay?" Sarah asked. Guess that my memories manifested on my face.

"You are right, Sarah. Nuclear weapons are not something that should be toyed with. We can only hope to never need such extreme weapons".


Paper, paper and more paper. And the day insisted on being slow. At least the white mass has been reduced to a half indicating that progress has been made. And while it was being reduced by my working energy I started to notice that at one point the paper was stacked in a way that made the corners flex down, possibly because of something that should not be there.

Since It was a little disturbing to my sight I decided to dig in the stack and retrieve the cause of the disturbance: a vanilla envelope sealed with red wax.

Or phrased simply, a letter.

Now, I had always recieved those type of letters, and from the emblem used on the wax I could more or less predict the contents, which most of the time was information that required total discretion or an invitation to an important event, and in least of the cases, diplomatic letters.

In this case I was surprised that it fell into the last category.

How did I know?

Because of a particular symbol consisting of three triangles.

Please, don't lose your mind. I'm sure that you will understand soon.

I carefully opened the letter and started reading its content.

To the new leader of the Federation of Silveria:

The kingdom of Hyrule greets the new government...

In the moment that I had realised that I was stuck in this world for eternity I was partially glad that there was something familiar in this world. I never had the opportunity to play any of the games from the Zelda's franchise, but thanks to internet I knew some things about that universe. I still wonder how I managed to watch gameplays from most of the games in a short span of time...

Anyways, given the fact that they were quite a central nation gave them a good bargaining position when it came to trade routes and mediating conflicts, so it was always good to have a good relation despite not being as advanced as Silveria. Also, they had a fucking triforce, even if right now they did not have it. Guess who was victim from one of the wishes once they found it...

The letter was a good sign of the things to come. Besides this time it had an even more positive tone than in previous runs, possibly thanks to the fact that Celestia has decided to not dennounce me.

Given their willingness to have a diplomatic relation it simply felt appropiate to reply, so I opened a text processor on the computer and I wrote down my answer to the letter.

Author's Note:

Sorry if it took too long to get out. I also would like to apologize for such a short chapter, but seeing that it was dragging me back I decided to avoid fillers and I was left with this. I hope that you enjoy it.


Ps: if there are any errors please point them out. Also, any constructive critisicm is welcome :)

Statistics

Money: 1.455.000
Tyrants: 118.482
Turn N°: 14

Reputation

Oligarchs: XXXXXXXXXX XX (+1) (+40.000)


Police: XXXXXXXXXX XX (+1) (+40.000)


People: XXXXXXXXXX XXX (0) (+60.000)


Army: XXXXXXXXXX XX (0) (+40.000)


Opposition: XXXXXXXXXX X (0) (+20.000)


Mafia: XXXXXXXXXX XX (+1) (+40.000)


Buildings

Banks: 1 (interest: 5%)
Propaganda systems: 1 (cross every 3 turns)
Oil derricks: 2 (+100.000)
Prisons: 0 (cells: 0)

Comments ( 5 )

You dont know how happy i was when i saw my tracking notification. Keep on the good work my guy.

Great to see it still kicking! Xd

ETA on updoot?

Login or register to comment