• Published 20th Aug 2018
  • 2,288 Views, 56 Comments

Forever - Hoax1337



Ruler... forever. Young... forever. Hated... forever?

  • ...
7
 56
 2,288

Your victory is just a new beginning for me.

Fire. That was what outstood all over the other things in the capital.

"They are marching towards the offices, sir" one of my bodyguards notified. "What course shall we take, sir?" he asked.

Not a single nerve moved in my body from the sight. I simply couldn't, not out of fear from ruining my image in front of them, but because I was fed up of all the things happening around me.

"Sir?" He asks again.

"Just let them come" I order him. "And tell the rest of the guards to come here. Just that" I added last.

I just kept looking at what once was a prosperous capital, now being reduced by the fire. The fire produced by a bunch of narrow-minded nations. My feelings were mixed. I was angry because they shouldn't have interfered with another nation's affairs, but on the other hand, I could not blame them. It was not like the government system was the most agreeable. But then anger came again when I remembered that they were also hypocrites. Their structure was also very similar, but nooooo... Because of how I seized the power I had to be overthrown, even If my approval rates were over the roof, and even if I solved all conflicts peacefully. But still, they simply could not understand.

I hear fast steps coming from the other side of the door as if someone was running. That was unusual, as guards would only run if something was wrong. If not they would limit to walk fast.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and my bodyguard takes an aiming stance, but when he sees that it is simply another bodyguard, he lowers the pistol, and then the new bodyguard gives the bad (and expected) news.

"SIR! The Equestrians reached the offices faster than expected! We couldn't hold them back! We had some casualties!"

Oh. So the horse people were the first to march in, huh? I shouldn't be surprised. They are the ones that usually lead the crusades against Silveria, with Sun Mac Asshole at the front. "At ease," I tell him. "Are the rest of the surviving guards with you?" I ask him.

"They should be coming in any moment now, sir" He replies with good timing, as four new guards enter the office in which I was going to assume one last time my duties.

"When they come, only point at them. Only shoot if they shoot at me. I'm sure that Sun Mac asshole has some words for me" I ended. There was a light chuckle among the bodyguards, as we were the only nation that dared to insult the 'sun goddess' as she was called. BAH! sun goddess, not even a half! She and her pretty army could not deliver a single scratch to anyone, except when she used her sweet tongue to convince other countries to participate in the invasions.

I get back to my desktop and I open a specific drawer and take out some special gun magazines.

"Use these ones" I recommend to the bodyguards, "If she decides to kill me, I want you to empty them on her. Understood?"

"YES, SIR!" They say, and then they proceed to equip the new mags.

Not many seconds later, we hear more footsteps coming from outside, but this time they seem to be more, and also the sound of clashing metal could be heard between them. It was time.

"Get ready" I order, and the bodyguards take the aiming position to welcome our undesired guests.

Finally, the door opens again and six Equestrians enter, being two terrans, two pegasi and two unicorns, all of them sword in hand. When they finally registered that we were there they froze, as they knew well what our weapons could do.

Then, instead of staying on their places they moved to the sides, and I could finally see the mare of all my personal misfortune.

Standing at the same height as me, and armoured with her distinctive golden armour that only left her face exposed, was her.

To some, a goddess.

To others, a great ruler.

To me... a fucking bitch.

The air of the office was quite thick from the tension of the situation. Althrough she decided to cut it.

"Alexander."

"Celestia."

Then for a few seconds silence fell again.

"It's time to end your foul rule once and forever..." she claims as she begins to charge her horn.

"Not so fast" I warn her as I raise my gun, pointing at her. "If you are taking my life, then you are coming with me."

"Do you think you can kill me with that?" she says with a smirk. "I had already been shot by your soldiers many times without being hurt!"

Just like I expected. "Did you thought that I wasn't informed of that? Listen well Celestia, each of the bullets in all the guns that are here have radioactive Polonium on them, an element well known for being the most poisonous thing in the world, and you know very well that radiation disrupts the normal working of any energy, including magic, making you as vulnerable as any person, so for the last time Celestia, desist from your invasion, or else I will make sure that your crusade was in vain." I warn her for the last time.

"You liar!" She shouts as she charges the horn faster than I expected, making it impossible to me to avoid the shot. In the instant before the shot managed to land in my chest, I shoot at her on the same spot, giving the green light to my guards to proceed with the plan. As I fall to the floor I can hear that the guards start engaging her, or more likely, obliterating her.

When I finally touch the ground, I began to lose conciousness, not before watching how the princess also fell, and not before muttering some famous final words:

"It didn't have to end like this."


I did not know how much time I had been unconcious, but when I finally opened my eyes, I was met with a familiar white rectangle surrounded by complete darkness, so I did the only thing that was possible in that situation: stand up in the void and get closer to it in order to read a very familiar message:

Game over

The enemy has killed you in combat. Now the regime is drowning in chaos.

Turns taken: 3047
Countries conquered: 1
Total money produced: 236.758.210.000

Remembered for:
-Being close to the people's faction.
-Fighting drug consumption.
-Allowing gay pride parades.

[Continue]

Hmm, eight years, that's better than other mandates I had. Anyways, this is the place where I always land when I lose control of my government, either by assasination or rebellion. The only path I have is to continue, and start all over again.

Without anyone else knowing of this inmortal torment I must go through.

"Continue" I say, and everything goes black again.


When I woke up, I got flooded by the light of a nearby lamp, forcing me to cover myself with my hands. When I finally got used to the light, I see that I am in the office in which I had previously killed Celestia, only that this time it looked tidier than in the confrontation, and when I took a look through the window the city was reverted to the days before the war, indicating that I was indeed in the past.

I take a look at myself and I see that I am in a formal suit which missed the tie, but it was ok, I never liked ties, and people were always ok with that. Now, in any second...

And suddenly, my adviser, Carmen, enters my office, unaware of my presence.

"...I should check that everything in his office is in- OH MY!" She says surprised when she sees that i'm there. "I'm sorry sir! I should have known that you would be here..." She apologises as if I were going to give her a punishment.

"Calm down, Carmen. I don't bite. You don't have to refer to me as sir, I'm still your friend." All the runs I had taught me a lot about her, although the first one taught me most, as it started before this moment, like if it was some sort of introduction, and from there I knew that she was a close friend to me in the rebellion, who liked paperwork. A lot.

After a few deep breaths, she manages to talk. "I'm sorry, Alex. I just wanted to make sure that everything was in conditions for the first day. I still cannot believe that the coup succeeded. Now we can really fix the problems all across Silveria."

"You are right, but you should remember that all of this was possible thanks to the people that joined the rebellion, so we must also listen to them." I remind her. "Anyways, how much time until the speech?"

"Oh right!" She exclaims. "You must be there in 10 minutes, so I think that you should be going to the balcony and get ready" She suggests.

As we walk down towards the balcony, I try to remember the bits of the speeches I did in other mandates, In order to be able to adress the people that was waiting me. Finally, We reach the room in which it was located, and I see that there are six people present in the room which I inmediately identify, but I still decide to greet anyways.

"Sarah, or should I say general Sarah, Minister of defence?" I ask her in an informal tone, even with her wearing her military uniform.

She lets out a small giggle. "That would be me Alex, or should I say sir?"

"Only the name is okay" I tell her. I made a mental note to remember that she was in charge of the military faction.

I pass the person next to her, which results to be John, an attorney that contributed to the cause that now was in charge of the ministry of internal affairs. 'Police faction' I added to my mental note.

Then it came Jessica, the representative of the movement 'neighbours in alert', a civil enforcement organisation, representing the common people.

Next it was Emile, a representative of the newspaper 'The Silverian post', Which I invited to show the possible opposition that I was not going to bite.

And now It was time for my least favourite factions: Charlie, owner of Summer PLC, a big soft drink company that financed the rebellion because we promised certain favours, and now minister of industry, representing the oligarchy. Pro tip: always accept money from industries that seem unrelated to war, no one will suspect.

And finally I greeted Sanchez, owner of a gun manufacturer called Sand ltd, and from the rebellion underground I knew he had contacts inside the mafia, so he could pass the requests of that faction. Also, he contributed with the armament of the cause, making him a key player.

After the greetings, It was finally time to address the people for the first time... again.

The doors of the balcony open and I take as few steps into it, and I got greeted by the euphoria of the people that supported the cause.

When the people down there start calming down, I address them through the microphone.

"Citizens of Silveria! We did it." The crowd roars again. "Today a new era begins. We will transform this country into what it deserves to be. Into what other governments decided to ignore. We will make Silveria strong again!" Sorry mister orange, but I still decided to use a variant.

The crowd goes wild down there. Sometimes a few words are enough to address people, and much more when you just got the job of leading a country, as actions speak louder than words.

I decide that this time the small speech was enough, and I decide to retire back to my office, in order to hear the first request.

Author's Note:

New story. I will decide which story will get priority depending on what you think.

As usual, comment any errors you find.

Edit: fixed some errors in the chapter.