• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,577 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,577

The interview

Sol Gov Controlled Space, Epsilon Eridani sector, NAS Trurl

The airlock near the back end of a brightly lit room opened with a hiss, revealing a man in a yellow coverall, wearing dirty gloves and a yellow satchel. There was also a ID card clipped onto his shirt, reading "Occupation: Miner, Assignment: NSS Cyberaid". Once the man entered the room, he noticed another man, with a slight stubble under his chin, wearing a business suit, shades and holding a notebook in one hand, resting on a comfy looking chair. "Hey, sorry for the wait." He sheepishly said.

The man with shades simply shook his head. "Oh it's fine, please, have a seat." He gestured towards a metal stool.

While the miner made his way towards the seat, he looked around the room a bit. It was quite a modest room, with only a few potted plants, a metal table and two seats, with a giant mirror in the back, although he wasn't expecting much from an interrogation room.

Once he finally sat down, the other man extended his arm. "Hello, I'm agent Alfred."

"Hi, I'm Jack," He shook Alfred's arm.

"Now Jack, I will be asking you a series of questions regarding the disappearance of NSS Cyberaid."

"Ok," He nodded.

"First off, where were you during the incident?"

"I was inside the mining outpost."

Agent Alfred nodded, before looking towards the notebook he was holding. "Do you know what was happening before you lost contact with the station?"

"The only thing we got was some scrambled messages from the captain. From what we could decipher, he told not to use the shuttle, no matter what."

"I see," He said. "And then?"

"Nothing."

"No radio messages?"

"I mean literally nothing. There was a loud boom, and then nothing. When we came to, my buddy decided to check up on the station, but there was nothing outside the shuttle when he got there, not even debris."

"..." Alfred's looked into Jacks eyes, searching for an ounce of deceit, but nodded in satisfaction soon after. "Thank you for your time, you may go, we will have a shuttle ready to send you to the nearest research station."

He looked like he wanted to ask something, but decided against it and went away. Alfred turned towards the mirror in the back of the room. "So, what do you think, doc?"

"Vatever it vas, it vas poverful enough to destroy several of our bluespace disturbance detection machines, as well as knockout people from a few hundred kilometres avay, vith a shockvave that moved through space." Came a voice from his earpiece.

"So, it's strong."

"That vould be quite ze understatement, mine friend."


Equestria, Dodge Junction

Shield watched several guards making wooden defenses with interest. The camp was looking more and more like an actual base of operations, which would hopefully send the message "Don't mess with us" towards the creatures.

Farther along, he could see the diplomats, linguists along with the elements discussing something that would hopefully fix this whole mess.

But unbeknownst to him or any other pony, there was a group of five feathery griffons hiding on top a cloud, taking as many pictures and notes as they could without drawing attention to themselves.


A few hours earlier

"Look there, that ones holding something in its paws." The only female of their group pointed towards one of the bipeds. Unlike the rest of the bipeds, this one was red, and the fact that it almost looked like it was standing at attention reminded her of a griffin warrior.

"Seems they have a few lookouts, be careful, we can't get caught, no matter what." Their captain informed everygriffin once again. "We should get a move on, the Equestrians are still up to something, somegriff make a note about their base and location."

Once they made a note of where they were, they started making their way towards Dodge Junction. However, so as to not get caught, they were forced to go on claw for the rest of the journey, at least until they got far enough away from the bipeds.


Unknown, Temporary Planetary Base

Kevin was not having the best day as of now. Almost everyone excluding that damned clown was doing double time to get the base up and running. Things were going well, he guessed, they managed to hit a large coal vein, so power wasn't gonna be an issue, they also managed to finish most of the department specific buildings, and they all had air conditioning! Although, there was never the good without the bad.

For instance, once they managed to dig out the pile of rubble blocking the Research section of Science, they found out that most of their advanced research had been lost in the crash, meaning they had to re-research them, which was a pain in the ass. And a few of the outside reinforced gas chambers had been busted open, thankfully the Plasma canister was still relatively unscathed.

While he was musing at the misfortune of this situation, he noticed Jess approaching him.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Just got the captives on the pod, just waiting on you now." Jess informed him.

"Right, I'll be there in a bit."


Equestria, Dodge Junction

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, are you sure you don't need any guards around to protect you?"

"It shouldn't be me you're worried for, look after the citizens in their houses, my friends and I can handle ourselves." She said, getting slightly annoyed with the constant pampering she was getting.

The guard looked as though he wanted to protest, but one final sharp look from Twilight stopped him from continuing.

This brief exchange was suddenly derailed by an abnoxiously loud yawn. "Hey, I know this is important and all, but is there even a reason for me to be here? It just seems like we have to knock some sense into these deformed diamond dogs, and go on our way." Rainbow remarked.

"Ugh, could you at least show some manners in public."

"What? I can't help it if the only thing we've been doing is just standing here."

"Well, to answer your question Rainbow, these so called 'deformed diamond dogs' appear to be a whole new species, and judging by their weird clothing, they have a thriving civilization as well, it's imperative we be here to show them that we take them seriously."

"Still, couldn't Luna or someone else do this instead?"

"Luna and Celestia are too busy dealing with the courts, and Cadence is getting ready for her anniversary."

"I don't mind being here, if it means the towns ponies feel a bit safer." Fluttershy admitted.

"Fine fine, whatever, I'll be in the tent." Rainbow mumbled, clearly irritated.


Surprisingly, it was quite spacey within the pod, even with the two equines.

Silver was however, feeling quite claustrophobic from being trapped in this enclosed space with multiple of the creatures. Sunny however was only glaring at them, daring them to make a move they would regret, even if she was suffering from magic exhaustion, she could still fight... if they weren't tied up.

"You know, if we get lucky, maybe the others could find our bodies once we kick the bucket." Sunny muttered darkly, already imagining what they were planning to do.

"You don't have to drag me down too, you know..." Silver sadly mumbled.

Author's Note:

A cloud can weigh more than a million pounds (a pound is 0.45 kg for my fellow metric users)

Ey... guess who's back, back again!

Do leave your comments about your anger at the horribly slow plot and long waiting times between chapters. It gives meaning to my life... maybe.

Comments ( 11 )

I am going to say one more word :

MOAR!!

10008760
Sorry about that, english isn't my first language, and everything I learned about it is pretty much self learned (fron watching a bunch of american movies when I was a kid)
Edit: I forgot to ask, but if you have the time could you point them out for me?

10009088
Sure, if I spot them, I'll tell you.

Is this dead. I hope not this is amazing

10045060
Thank for the kind words man. As for the part about is it dead? Nope, it's just I can't keep a schedule to save my life, so I just write whenever (but it will not be abandoned, I can say that).

10049634
Ok thank you for responding. Have a good day/night

10138493
Nah, just lazy, sorry. (I'll probably get back to it during summer)

Wait... Paradise? as in THAT Paradise Station? Why? Why furry station?

10279582
Mostly because Paradise is the one server that has semi normal lore (also because I'm lazy and didn't really bother making some awesome cool original lore)

Login or register to comment